• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:02
CEST 13:02
KST 20:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8573 users

MLG DC Day 2 - Page 334

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 332 333 334 335 Next
MLG_Lee
Profile Joined July 2010
279 Posts
October 17 2010 18:56 GMT
#6661
On October 18 2010 01:41 BraveGhost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 23:26 Korben wrote:
to preface this: There was way more space set aside for halo (pretty much a hole third of the building, and we had about 1/6th).

There were more stations, and more gamers for halo. that is hard to deny.
however when it came to spectators, I'm fairly sure that we were the "star" of the show.
every fre hours you would hear a massive cheer from the Halo Crowd.

from us you;d get one every time a match started or ended.
applause at awesome stuff.
to quote the stream "Ah, Starcraft 2, the only eSPort where you'll get a massive cheer when a drone kills a probe".



EDIT: do they do DC every year?


This has been gone over countless times in this thread.. Halo is their flagship game. They've bought that equipment for halo 3 quite awhile ago. Also the # of competitors that attended for Halo 3 and Halo Reach is pretty ridiculous compared to the number of people that SC2 had. Sure we only had 64 tickets, but I mean according to DC stream about 1000 people showed up for reach, and Halo 3 always fills out the full 1024 players. Obviously they are going to have way more stations..


From what I've come to understand over the weekend.. MLG posted in this thread how they only have 4 big trucks that go from event to event. They barely barely squeeze ALL of the stuff you saw in to these trucks. These events are budgeted and planned a LONG time in advance according to DJ Wheat on the state of the game podcast last night... Also.. they did NOT know how Starcraft 2 would take off. The other thing is, the sponsors are all on board with Halo(the sponsors have seen the numbers, know that it's been successful for them, etc), they need to show these numbers to the sponsors, and get some money for Starcraft 2(for all sorts of things, I'm hoping next season there are 2 sound proof booths for the premier match of the round and the big matches like Winners finals, losers finals, championship match), stadium seating like Halo has, hopefully 3 big screens like Halo has (1 for each player's first person view, and then a center screen for the observer's view).

I'm sure that the stream views are huge on SC2, but Idk if they need us to have 1000 people show up to play, it's hard for me to imagine that happening personally since I mean, I know I don't have a chance in the tournament, and I can't really afford to travel to the East coast.. and Halo pretty much ruined any chance of the west coast having events(low attendance in the past)

I'm sure they thought Starcraft 2 would do well, but they couldn't really just say, let's dump a million dollars in to the production and hope that it works out like GOM could.. GOM had previous experience with brood war, as well as backing from blizzard.. MLG kind of had to flip a coin. Now that Starcraft 2 is taking off, if we keep supporting MLG, they will improve everything.. If we just don't watch or don't go, then MLG will drop the game, that's how it works.

Overall I thought MLG DC was an improvement, and a success, but the streaming delays on Friday I thought sucked, they should have been testing that stream earlier that day and made sure it was working. Also, winners finals, losers finals and championship match need to be best of 5 imo.



good pts.
Twitter: @MLGLee ( https://twitter.com/#!/MLGLee )
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
October 17 2010 19:18 GMT
#6662
I thought the actual event was an improvement, but I'm really annoyed about no media being allowed in the gaming area. What's the point in having a press badge if I get the exact same treatment as someone who just walks into the event? Not that I particularly need special treatment, but as press my job mandates that I provide good coverage, which is hard for me to do when I can't get close enough for pictures and videos while games are going on. T__T .
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
AskJoshy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1625 Posts
October 17 2010 19:24 GMT
#6663
I'll echo Xeris, but I'm going to write more about it with suggestions in the Comprehensive MLG thread.
Heroes, Hearthstone, and SC2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy
Jinxen
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway4 Posts
October 17 2010 19:34 GMT
#6664
Damn, now I really want to see SeleCt in GSL. He would atleast wreak havoc through the qualification. Why havent any pro teams picked him up yet?
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
October 17 2010 19:42 GMT
#6665
On October 18 2010 04:34 Jinxen wrote:
Damn, now I really want to see SeleCt in GSL. He would atleast wreak havoc through the qualification. Why havent any pro teams picked him up yet?


Hes in dignitas an e-sports team.
blackbrrd
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway477 Posts
October 17 2010 19:44 GMT
#6666
I most say that Select was incredible - winning all those extra matches and making it to the final.

Idra gets props for playing extremely solid, no mistakes from him in the Final.

Has anybody theory crafted a way to beat Idra's builds/style with Terran?
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
October 17 2010 19:52 GMT
#6667
On October 18 2010 04:34 Jinxen wrote:
Damn, now I really want to see SeleCt in GSL. He would atleast wreak havoc through the qualification. Why havent any pro teams picked him up yet?


he's going to try to qualify for GSL 3, I hope his tvz improves though, cause I doubt he's going to only play Protoss in the qualifiers
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
October 17 2010 19:56 GMT
#6668
On October 18 2010 04:44 blackbrrd wrote:
I most say that Select was incredible - winning all those extra matches and making it to the final.

Idra gets props for playing extremely solid, no mistakes from him in the Final.

Has anybody theory crafted a way to beat Idra's builds/style with Terran?

Well, since Muta/bling has pretty much always been one of the most effective Z builds against T, I think qxc had the best shot against it using Thors/marines and raven back up with at least having pdds, but it can still be tough since IdrA does it flawlessly.
the farm ends here
ZhenMiChan
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Netherlands1181 Posts
October 17 2010 20:14 GMT
#6669
Any vods around?
Studying Chinese~
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
October 17 2010 20:15 GMT
#6670
On October 18 2010 04:52 BraveGhost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 04:34 Jinxen wrote:
Damn, now I really want to see SeleCt in GSL. He would atleast wreak havoc through the qualification. Why havent any pro teams picked him up yet?


he's going to try to qualify for GSL 3, I hope his tvz improves though, cause I doubt he's going to only play Protoss in the qualifiers

his tvz is pretty good, just watch his games vs Dimaga in zotac. He was just obviously tired vs Idra.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
October 17 2010 21:03 GMT
#6671
On October 18 2010 04:18 Xeris wrote:
I thought the actual event was an improvement, but I'm really annoyed about no media being allowed in the gaming area. What's the point in having a press badge if I get the exact same treatment as someone who just walks into the event? Not that I particularly need special treatment, but as press my job mandates that I provide good coverage, which is hard for me to do when I can't get close enough for pictures and videos while games are going on. T__T .


Agreed

On October 18 2010 04:24 JoshSuth wrote:
I'll echo Xeris, but I'm going to write more about it with suggestions in the Comprehensive MLG thread.


And agreed.

Bothered me that I wasn't allowed in after the tournament is over to get in line to get an interview. Had to wait until players came out? uhhhh

I was originally planning on taking several videos but in the end only took a few, none of them were of enough importance to post just yet.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
captainwaffles
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1050 Posts
October 17 2010 22:06 GMT
#6672
On October 17 2010 07:35 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 07:34 Odoakar wrote:
Was SeleCT at MLG Railegh?


No he wasn't.



Yes he was, we waited in line together :D
https://x.com/CaptainWaffless
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
October 17 2010 22:33 GMT
#6673
On October 18 2010 05:15 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 04:52 BraveGhost wrote:
On October 18 2010 04:34 Jinxen wrote:
Damn, now I really want to see SeleCt in GSL. He would atleast wreak havoc through the qualification. Why havent any pro teams picked him up yet?


he's going to try to qualify for GSL 3, I hope his tvz improves though, cause I doubt he's going to only play Protoss in the qualifiers

his tvz is pretty good, just watch his games vs Dimaga in zotac. He was just obviously tired vs Idra.


|Yeah....He played a lot better in his games vs Sen. He crushed Sen in fact. I thought QXC played better vs Idra so SelecT just seemed off. Kiwikaki's games versus Idra were pretty close too.... He used some pretty annoying strategies against him.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Korben
Profile Joined September 2010
United States139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 00:45:58
October 17 2010 23:42 GMT
#6674
On October 18 2010 01:41 BraveGhost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 23:26 Korben wrote:
to preface this: There was way more space set aside for halo (pretty much a hole third of the building, and we had about 1/6th).

There were more stations, and more gamers for halo. that is hard to deny.
however when it came to spectators, I'm fairly sure that we were the "star" of the show.
every fre hours you would hear a massive cheer from the Halo Crowd.

from us you;d get one every time a match started or ended.
applause at awesome stuff.
to quote the stream "Ah, Starcraft 2, the only eSPort where you'll get a massive cheer when a drone kills a probe".



EDIT: do they do DC every year?


This has been gone over countless times in this thread.. Halo is their flagship game. They've bought that equipment for halo 3 quite awhile ago. Also the # of competitors that attended for Halo 3 and Halo Reach is pretty ridiculous compared to the number of people that SC2 had. Sure we only had 64 tickets, but I mean according to DC stream about 1000 people showed up for reach, and Halo 3 always fills out the full 1024 players. Obviously they are going to have way more stations..


From what I've come to understand over the weekend.. MLG posted in this thread how they only have 4 big trucks that go from event to event. They barely barely squeeze ALL of the stuff you saw in to these trucks. These events are budgeted and planned a LONG time in advance according to DJ Wheat on the state of the game podcast last night... Also.. they did NOT know how Starcraft 2 would take off. The other thing is, the sponsors are all on board with Halo(the sponsors have seen the numbers, know that it's been successful for them, etc), they need to show these numbers to the sponsors, and get some money for Starcraft 2(for all sorts of things, I'm hoping next season there are 2 sound proof booths for the premier match of the round and the big matches like Winners finals, losers finals, championship match), stadium seating like Halo has, hopefully 3 big screens like Halo has (1 for each player's first person view, and then a center screen for the observer's view).

I'm sure that the stream views are huge on SC2, but Idk if they need us to have 1000 people show up to play, it's hard for me to imagine that happening personally since I mean, I know I don't have a chance in the tournament, and I can't really afford to travel to the East coast.. and Halo pretty much ruined any chance of the west coast having events(low attendance in the past)

I'm sure they thought Starcraft 2 would do well, but they couldn't really just say, let's dump a million dollars in to the production and hope that it works out like GOM could.. GOM had previous experience with brood war, as well as backing from blizzard.. MLG kind of had to flip a coin. Now that Starcraft 2 is taking off, if we keep supporting MLG, they will improve everything.. If we just don't watch or don't go, then MLG will drop the game, that's how it works.

Overall I thought MLG DC was an improvement, and a success, but the streaming delays on Friday I thought sucked, they should have been testing that stream earlier that day and made sure it was working. Also, winners finals, losers finals and championship match need to be best of 5 imo.



Okay, before this, allow me to say, no where did I say it was wrong for them to have such coverage with their flagship game.

No-where did I say that they did not do the best they could on the budget they alloted.
I wasn't expecting them to throw millions of dollars at it. I never once cussed them out, and had lots of interaction with the staff.

I had an amazing time, I just think they underestimated this back in the planning stages.
Pain Heals, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever.
Zaka
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands372 Posts
October 18 2010 00:05 GMT
#6675
I'm having a total mind fuck at the moment, but was there at any point a ZvT on Desert Oasis yesterday in the MLG?
Bite off more than you can chew....then chew it.
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
October 18 2010 00:08 GMT
#6676
I echo the no-media-allowed-deal of xeris/askjoshua
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
tackklee
Profile Joined September 2010
United States270 Posts
October 18 2010 00:12 GMT
#6677
SeleCT was definitely off his game. I think IdrA's presence played a psychological factor in it as well. He kept saying there was no zerg on NA with IdrA's level so maybe he psyched himself out. Because SeleCT's harass is usually pretty insane.. Definitely think he could beat IdrA.

Anyways, anyone else get the feeling that IdrA wasn't playing 100%? I feel like he was hiding his real strategies due to GSL 2. If you note some of his most recent replays, like against Boxer, he favors infestor +25 upgrade and infestors.
MLG_Lee
Profile Joined July 2010
279 Posts
October 18 2010 00:14 GMT
#6678
@Xeris/CatZ/AskJoshua and the rest of the folks who came as media. Just so you're clear, there were over 50 press people in the venue this weekend, and then dozens of other community sites. If we allowed all press in the tournament area, there wouldn't be room for competitors. And before you say "well just let community sites in" then you're talking about us playing favorites with all the community sites. That just never ends well. Equal access for everyone.

The most important thing to MLG is the sanctity of the COMPETITION. that means protecting the competitors as much as we can.
Twitter: @MLGLee ( https://twitter.com/#!/MLGLee )
Ultramus
Profile Joined June 2010
United States319 Posts
October 18 2010 06:30 GMT
#6679
Hey i'll be at MLG Dallas playing in the halo reach tourney there but I'm MOST looking forward to watching the sc2 games, IMO it is leaps and bounds better than halo as a spectator sport and requires way more skill. I mean I don't think a sc2 pro could pick up halo and be a god or anything but for me I just need to know maps, weapons,and have really good aim and reflexes, these guys have to know maps, match-ups, unit compositions, timings, + having absolutely sick multitasking and super quick reflexes responding to drops harass and watching the minimap, there is a reason you can actually make a living playing sc2 as opposed to halo(well actually make decent money at the very least) HUGE respect for pro sc2 players, I'm just a measly silver league zerg D:
Baking is like science for hungry people
FuryX
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia495 Posts
October 18 2010 08:52 GMT
#6680
searching through the first post/thread....but is there a vods for day2? i completely missed it all.
Prev 1 332 333 334 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV64
Rex38
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko224
ProTech144
Rex 38
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 648
Soma 584
Jaedong 553
Hyuk 463
Soulkey 390
Horang2 367
BeSt 301
910 227
Light 205
Stork 197
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
EffOrt 168
Snow 165
Britney 137
Larva 121
Pusan 116
Last 113
ZerO 113
ggaemo 78
Rush 63
Mind 58
Shinee 46
Killer 45
Creator 41
Mong 37
Yoon 36
Bale 25
hero 22
Sharp 19
Noble 14
yabsab 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6542
XcaliburYe168
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1398
pashabiceps893
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2610
Khaldor819
Other Games
gofns39505
singsing1466
XBOCT290
Pyrionflax257
DeMusliM185
Mew2King93
B2W.Neo59
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1410
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 59m
The PondCast
22h 59m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.