• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:56
CEST 07:56
KST 14:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8590 users

A Second Overview of HotS Zerg - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
281 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Solanek
Profile Joined September 2013
Romania7 Posts
November 19 2013 11:15 GMT
#201
HB BLADE!!!
Me life for AIUR!
THAmarx
Profile Joined December 2010
65 Posts
November 20 2013 12:37 GMT
#202
happy birthday blade,

Ik have a question for zvt..
what usually happens is that terran is going for a reaper opening into hellion. Then the common options are =>
-fast cc with rax into bio mine push
-fast starport with cloaked banshee harras
-fast starport and raxs for a fast double drop with stimmed marines.
depending on this i will have to react differently... so i have to know this.
Can is send my first overlord that checked the nat into his main to have this information and get out... or how are you getting this information? Or maby don't you need it and you see it a different way.

thx in advance
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 20 2013 13:34 GMT
#203
On November 20 2013 21:37 THAmarx wrote:
happy birthday blade,

Ik have a question for zvt..
what usually happens is that terran is going for a reaper opening into hellion. Then the common options are =>
-fast cc with rax into bio mine push
-fast starport with cloaked banshee harras
-fast starport and raxs for a fast double drop with stimmed marines.
depending on this i will have to react differently... so i have to know this.
Can is send my first overlord that checked the nat into his main to have this information and get out... or how are you getting this information? Or maby don't you need it and you see it a different way.

thx in advance


I sacrifice an overlord at 6-6:15 through the main (and have the natural overlord take a little peak in natural). If I don't see anything I pay attention to his hellion timing and how many. His hellion count can give away if he's going into banshee/hellion or not. Also with how popular it is seeing if he 3 CC's is another thing to look out for.

If you don't see anything at all I am throwing down 1 spore at least and if I see a banshee throw down another 2, 1 at each base.
When I think of something else, something will go here
blarkh
Profile Joined December 2011
Austria72 Posts
November 20 2013 13:57 GMT
#204
Happy birthday!

Do you have any thoughts yet on tanks in zvt? I don't know whether they have become a LOT stronger, but people are certainly doing tank marine a lot more often and I had trouble with that in WoL already, without the Infestor nerf. So what do you do against that?
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
November 20 2013 20:21 GMT
#205
Blade, what are your thoughts on muta/corruptor in zvp? I watched the day 9 daily you linked in the OP, which made the style seem very strong. However, the build it was used against is very specific (1 Phoenix into voidray with fast 3rd into 2 more stargates into templar). Soulkey skipped the hydra den entirely (and the roach warren I believe) which you couldn't do unless you had a very good read on his gateway count. Also, its not uncommon (from what I've seen) for toss to build 4+ Phoenix instead of transitioning directly into voidray, at which point you probably don't want to go directly for muta. How viable are muta/corruptor compositions in the mid game when faced with situations other than the one the OP shows?
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 22 2013 01:08 GMT
#206
On November 20 2013 22:57 blarkh wrote:
Happy birthday!

Do you have any thoughts yet on tanks in zvt? I don't know whether they have become a LOT stronger, but people are certainly doing tank marine a lot more often and I had trouble with that in WoL already, without the Infestor nerf. So what do you do against that?


Not sure I rarely faced tanks before in hots so I never knew how weak/good they are in general. I know people say they were bad, not sure though since I never played it hehe. But I would do ling/bane/muta with flanking and it works well against tanks. Also engaging when they aren't sieged is a plus if possible.

On November 21 2013 05:21 Lobotomist wrote:
Blade, what are your thoughts on muta/corruptor in zvp? I watched the day 9 daily you linked in the OP, which made the style seem very strong. However, the build it was used against is very specific (1 Phoenix into voidray with fast 3rd into 2 more stargates into templar). Soulkey skipped the hydra den entirely (and the roach warren I believe) which you couldn't do unless you had a very good read on his gateway count. Also, its not uncommon (from what I've seen) for toss to build 4+ Phoenix instead of transitioning directly into voidray, at which point you probably don't want to go directly for muta. How viable are muta/corruptor compositions in the mid game when faced with situations other than the one the OP shows?


It's a strong style, I would never do it versus a player going heavy air though (3 stargates constantly pumping for example). I would do it against a phoenix if they only make 4-5 and I can kill some of them (or all of them).

It's a very viable strategy, but does require control and all that fun stuff.
When I think of something else, something will go here
blarkh
Profile Joined December 2011
Austria72 Posts
November 22 2013 13:45 GMT
#207
Fair enough. What about mech with the tank buff though? I feel like SH are pretty useless against 5 or more tanks now.
Deleted User 261926
Profile Joined April 2012
960 Posts
November 22 2013 13:51 GMT
#208
On November 22 2013 22:45 blarkh wrote:
Fair enough. What about mech with the tank buff though? I feel like SH are pretty useless against 5 or more tanks now.

"now" ahah. Pretty no relevant change.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 22 2013 17:02 GMT
#209
On November 22 2013 22:45 blarkh wrote:
Fair enough. What about mech with the tank buff though? I feel like SH are pretty useless against 5 or more tanks now.


Um it's always been that way with sh vs tank, the tank buff didn't change anything with it. SH is still the best way to play vs mech and getting vipers hydra/roach/ling, muta switch or bl/corr if you want are all strong versus mech. Vipers are what make mech not so broken, if it weren't for vipers zvt mech would probably be terran favored.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
November 22 2013 18:12 GMT
#210
Hey Blade.
I finally got around to reading your guide and I say thank you. A 5 game losing streak made me decide I need help

On your ZvZ section you made a small typo


• Roach speed ASAP<
• +2 as soon as +1 is done; add tech of choice at the same time (infestors/hydralisks are most common)/ul>

Cheers.
....
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
November 22 2013 19:22 GMT
#211
On November 23 2013 02:02 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 22:45 blarkh wrote:
Fair enough. What about mech with the tank buff though? I feel like SH are pretty useless against 5 or more tanks now.


Um it's always been that way with sh vs tank, the tank buff didn't change anything with it. SH is still the best way to play vs mech and getting vipers hydra/roach/ling, muta switch or bl/corr if you want are all strong versus mech. Vipers are what make mech not so broken, if it weren't for vipers zvt mech would probably be terran favored.

I'd even dare to say that Viper are actually Imbalanced vs mech... >_<
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
Slapsticks
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada21 Posts
November 22 2013 22:37 GMT
#212
Little bit confused about the Zergling/Baneling/Mutalisk/Swarm Host Build.

If I decide to build a 15 hatch, when do I build my pool? Likewise, if I go for a 15 pool, when should my hatch go down?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 23 2013 03:32 GMT
#213
On November 23 2013 07:37 Slapsticks wrote:
Little bit confused about the Zergling/Baneling/Mutalisk/Swarm Host Build.

If I decide to build a 15 hatch, when do I build my pool? Likewise, if I go for a 15 pool, when should my hatch go down?


Should be in the builds but same time, 15 hatch 16 pool (or 3 hatch before pool). Imo you should never 15 pool versus terran, but if you ever 15 pool either 15 hatch or 16 hatch.
When I think of something else, something will go here
CutTheEnemy
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada373 Posts
November 25 2013 08:52 GMT
#214
Any chance of updated replays since the patch? It takes forever to watch old replays every time they friggin patch the game...
Can we help spread the word and create pressure to get Rob Pardo to replace Browder as head of Sc2? Pardo led the team for broodwar, frozen throne, and wow/BC. We need to make this a thing before LotV development starts. Think about it.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
November 25 2013 11:38 GMT
#215
On November 25 2013 17:52 CutTheEnemy wrote:
Any chance of updated replays since the patch? It takes forever to watch old replays every time they friggin patch the game...


Would love this too But I think as Blade already said, focusing on a few players (Jaedong for ZvP for example) is a good idea as well!
Moonsalt
Profile Joined May 2011
267 Posts
November 25 2013 14:18 GMT
#216
this guide is simply just awesome

PS: I love the build orders and explanations
seupac
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada148 Posts
November 26 2013 22:11 GMT
#217
excellent guide as usual, good to brush up on my "standard" lair and gas timings for each matchup to get some refined builds going - its amazing what a difference the smallest adjustments can make in your play. my gas timings were a tiny bit off for the standard muta macro zvz and my winrate was awful, but that one small adjustment made the matchup my second strongest.

one thing i notice in the muta zvz build is that you take +1 air for it - is that under the assumption that your opponent isnt going muta? i just ran 10 mutas with +1 air versus 10 mutas with +1 carapace in the unit tester to be sure and carapace upgrades seem to scale extremely well especially at low numbers. should we be taking +1 carapace if we scout spire?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 26 2013 22:59 GMT
#218
Yes carapace first in muta wars.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Calarague
Profile Joined November 2013
France33 Posts
November 27 2013 08:41 GMT
#219
Thank you very much for your investment and the replays. Extremely useful.
**** MKP TLO ♥
A_Scarecrow
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia721 Posts
November 27 2013 11:24 GMT
#220
should you build roach warren earlier if terran goes for fast helions/blueflame all in?
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 194
ProTech137
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 209
Dewaltoss 121
Bale 38
ZergMaN 25
Noble 12
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 714
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick225
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2173
League of Legends
• Rush1192
• Lourlo1190
• Stunt199
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 4m
Replay Cast
17h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.