• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:20
CEST 04:20
KST 11:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9392 users

[G] First Overview of HotS Zerg - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23 24 Next All
Cainam
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States421 Posts
March 14 2013 18:52 GMT
#61
Thank you thank you thank you. Was tearing my hair out against Protoss it was so frustrating not having any clue what to do. This should help immensely.
MoonCricket
Profile Joined September 2011
222 Posts
March 14 2013 18:53 GMT
#62
On March 15 2013 03:13 Fencar wrote:
Are you going to add more stuff regarding widow mines? For example, you say to bring an overseer along with your mutalisk harassment to make sure not to die to widow mines, but you don't say anything else on the subject.


Widow Mines are the pressing issue in TvZ right now and that's why I don't think Zergling, Baneling, XXX compositions are as viable now as they once were compared to Roach, Hydra, XXX compositions because it's extremely difficult to push out of your base vs Bio/Mine play. Going straight for Speedlings may be good vs Reapers but you are going to regret not having Roaches as soon as Mines are in play.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 19:05:17
March 14 2013 18:58 GMT
#63
On March 15 2013 03:53 MoonCricket wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2013 03:13 Fencar wrote:
Are you going to add more stuff regarding widow mines? For example, you say to bring an overseer along with your mutalisk harassment to make sure not to die to widow mines, but you don't say anything else on the subject.


Widow Mines are the pressing issue in TvZ right now and that's why I don't think Zergling, Baneling, XXX compositions are as viable now as they once were compared to Roach, Hydra, XXX compositions because it's extremely difficult to push out of your base vs Bio/Mine play. Going straight for Speedlings may be good vs Reapers but you are going to regret not having Roaches as soon as Mines are in play.


I disagree. I do plan on adding a new section or modifying a section of muta/ling/bane into swarmhost. I have yet to lose with it (am like 11-0 which isn't a big sample size obviously). I have been beating bio + widow mine no problem. I would recommend watching the zvt replays I put up to show case it.

I do like roaches though as an early/mid gamet hing but once mutas are out I do not make any more roaches whatsoever and just go muta/ling/bane -> swarmhost which is very powerful. Swarmhosts are good when you can deal with drops with other units and they are super useful vs bio + widow mine play.

To deal with the widow mines with ling/bane/muta while waiting for swarmhosts is to send small packs to detonate and try not to engage for as long as possible while either waiting for swarmhosts, or the terran to give you a favorable exchange.

I do agree bio + widow mine is incredibly powerful and very unforgiving especially if you don't know there are mines there xD

Also wow I didn't realize I didn't put any widow mine section thought for sure I put a bio + widow mine woops I will have that put in sometime soon. Expect this addition today or tomorrow.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Keith1983
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4 Posts
March 14 2013 19:19 GMT
#64
The guide is great, but the replays are from beta so unwatchable? Sorry if I am wrong and\or if this has been mentioned.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 14 2013 19:21 GMT
#65
On March 15 2013 04:19 Keith1983 wrote:
The guide is great, but the replays are from beta so unwatchable? Sorry if I am wrong and\or if this has been mentioned.


I put a new set of replays yesterday just download the new links those games were played literally since hots was released
When I think of something else, something will go here
Avalain
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada308 Posts
March 14 2013 20:19 GMT
#66
This is fantastic! Thank you!
You know what unit really has balance problems? Colossi. Why, they look like they could be blown over in a stiff wind!
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
March 14 2013 20:28 GMT
#67
And people still wonder why there are more Zergs, and they are far better than our Terran and Protoss couterparts...

It is because of people like Blade555, and guides like these.
OddSc2tv
Profile Joined February 2013
Norway1 Post
March 14 2013 20:49 GMT
#68
I feel like you dont need to take gas when the terran goes for a reaper(not proxied) since if the map inst very small he will only have 1 reaper in your base before your queens spawns and after that you can just make more queens and even spread creep with one of the first queen.
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
March 14 2013 20:58 GMT
#69
On March 14 2013 03:08 blade55555 wrote:

... and they build very fast. After you get these out, you can start making swarm hosts, and start to become aggressive while waiting for your spire to finish. An example:

When your +1 carapace is almost done, get a 2nd evolution chamber, and for ranged upgrades, upgrading +2 carapace and +1 ranged going ...


where is the example? :O
My religion is Starcraft
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
March 14 2013 21:03 GMT
#70
On March 15 2013 05:58 snively wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 03:08 blade55555 wrote:

... and they build very fast. After you get these out, you can start making swarm hosts, and start to become aggressive while waiting for your spire to finish. An example:

When your +1 carapace is almost done, get a 2nd evolution chamber, and for ranged upgrades, upgrading +2 carapace and +1 ranged going ...


where is the example? :O

ROFL, that cracked me up. xD
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 14 2013 21:06 GMT
#71
On March 15 2013 06:03 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2013 05:58 snively wrote:
On March 14 2013 03:08 blade55555 wrote:

... and they build very fast. After you get these out, you can start making swarm hosts, and start to become aggressive while waiting for your spire to finish. An example:

When your +1 carapace is almost done, get a 2nd evolution chamber, and for ranged upgrades, upgrading +2 carapace and +1 ranged going ...


where is the example? :O

ROFL, that cracked me up. xD


haha I meant to remove that when I was modifying that section woops.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Keith1983
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4 Posts
March 15 2013 03:34 GMT
#72
Thanks again Blade for the guide and replays. When I downloaded the replay files again, I have all current replays minus one from the ZvZ.
Expir3d
Profile Joined November 2011
Spain17 Posts
March 15 2013 07:15 GMT
#73
On March 14 2013 09:34 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 09:12 Insoleet wrote:
what about ultra/muta to fight voidray ht composition ? muta are fast and can be microed to dodge the storms + they regen fast. I feel like hydra ultra is don't efficient at all due to hydra blocking way too much the ultras...


No muta don't fight mass voids very cost effectively imo and it's just not that great as a counter to templar/voidray either. Swarmhost/hydra/ultra is a much much stronger composition vs voidray/templar.


I'm still getting melted away vs VR+Zealot+Multiple Colossi.
With Roach+Hydra+Swarm Host. I feel like you really need a fast tech to Corruptors.

I will need more practice I guess, but Void Ray just seem to melt down everything so fast.
vojnik
Profile Joined October 2010
Macedonia923 Posts
March 15 2013 07:36 GMT
#74
wow this was really fast, thank you for your devotion man really appreciate it !
For the swarm!
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 15 2013 07:56 GMT
#75
On March 15 2013 16:15 Expir3d wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 09:34 blade55555 wrote:
On March 14 2013 09:12 Insoleet wrote:
what about ultra/muta to fight voidray ht composition ? muta are fast and can be microed to dodge the storms + they regen fast. I feel like hydra ultra is don't efficient at all due to hydra blocking way too much the ultras...


No muta don't fight mass voids very cost effectively imo and it's just not that great as a counter to templar/voidray either. Swarmhost/hydra/ultra is a much much stronger composition vs voidray/templar.


I'm still getting melted away vs VR+Zealot+Multiple Colossi.
With Roach+Hydra+Swarm Host. I feel like you really need a fast tech to Corruptors.

I will need more practice I guess, but Void Ray just seem to melt down everything so fast.


You should be either going fast vipers or corruptors when going swarmhost/hydra against colossi play. If you don't you will die to it xD
When I think of something else, something will go here
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-16 01:04:38
March 15 2013 08:58 GMT
#76
Good guide.
ShotgunMike
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden241 Posts
March 15 2013 09:30 GMT
#77
Excellent guide! Thanks for making this (and previous ones)!
Hot_Bid: "B10" - ThorZain: "BINGO" - Naniwa: "Apologize! ¤%#¤#&¤% Terran IMBA"
EyeOfSkadi
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany17 Posts
March 15 2013 11:20 GMT
#78
Really well done.
I want this for Terran! :-O
When your opponent attacks, defend. If he defends, expand. If he expands, attack. - Artosis
Drimacus
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany92 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 14:16:35
March 15 2013 13:03 GMT
#79
Great guide. Thanks a lot for that!
The build against terran is based on the opening of the terran. So whats the usual gas timing for those reaper builds?


Edit:

For ZvT I like Muta over Infestors, so if I understand correctly for me it's basicly like this..
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[image loading]
Issamu
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil126 Posts
March 15 2013 14:24 GMT
#80
Woah, nice guide. Exactly what i needed
"You break my record, now I break you" - Chong Li
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings97
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 270
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10860
Dota 2
monkeys_forever775
NeuroSwarm175
febbydoto48
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr34
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox850
Mew2King39
Other Games
summit1g9620
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick400
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 203
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo420
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 40m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.