• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:53
CEST 03:53
KST 10:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8576 users

[G] Rushing Relentlessly: A Guide to Zerg vs Zerg - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 24 Next All
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
March 30 2012 20:27 GMT
#301
I am 1k masters NA.

I am working on transitioning out of this build into a ling based mid game. So far it seems that I need to skip the first roach attack in favor of a 1/1 + macro hatch roach ling attack. Otherwise, my upgrades are too late and I can die to 1/1 roaches.

Putting a overlord over their 3rd is pretty crucial -- you can't let them get ahead in economy.

I like to rally my 24th drone egg to my nat for a spine. I have 100 mins floating at the time my hatch finishes anyways, and having a spine in place makes you much safer against a variety of things. Mainly, it helps against a ling counterattack when your first ling push fails.

Against hatch first, I think it is better to do a 33/36 attack and then rally 3 drones eggs to gas while you attack. This should hit just as banes are morphing. Too many times I have been hard countered by my opponent blindly going hatch first, 6 drones and, a spine and then switching to mass lings.

It eventually leads to a stephano-ish ling infestor spine style and from there I get ultras and speed banes.

Do you have any experience with this transition Tang? I am still working on it pretty heavily and there are still a lot of things I need to find out.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 23:08:06
March 30 2012 22:30 GMT
#302
Thanks tang, this build its working great, love punishing greedy zergs, although it is much more fun when I can get the transitions going.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


EDIT: Turns out hes in my league! makes it better

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Zerg #1
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 01 2012 00:40 GMT
#303
On March 31 2012 05:27 DeltruS wrote:
I am 1k masters NA.

I am working on transitioning out of this build into a ling based mid game. So far it seems that I need to skip the first roach attack in favor of a 1/1 + macro hatch roach ling attack. Otherwise, my upgrades are too late and I can die to 1/1 roaches.

Putting a overlord over their 3rd is pretty crucial -- you can't let them get ahead in economy.

I like to rally my 24th drone egg to my nat for a spine. I have 100 mins floating at the time my hatch finishes anyways, and having a spine in place makes you much safer against a variety of things. Mainly, it helps against a ling counterattack when your first ling push fails.

Against hatch first, I think it is better to do a 33/36 attack and then rally 3 drones eggs to gas while you attack. This should hit just as banes are morphing. Too many times I have been hard countered by my opponent blindly going hatch first, 6 drones and, a spine and then switching to mass lings.

It eventually leads to a stephano-ish ling infestor spine style and from there I get ultras and speed banes.

Do you have any experience with this transition Tang? I am still working on it pretty heavily and there are still a lot of things I need to find out.

I occasionally get a macro hatch after my first attack, but if I want to transition into macro my usual option is to get the 2 evo chambers and use 1-2 spines to defend with lings (Obviously lots of ling scouting).

Rallying the 24th drone egg to natural and building a spine is fine, though if you're making that many lings you can definitely do it a bit later.

I've tried to make purely upgraded ling/infestor work, but I've had more success with roach or muta transitioning. If you can make it work with just lings, let me know! lol
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
enykie
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany64 Posts
April 05 2012 20:35 GMT
#304
Hey Tang,

i see no possible way to hold a 14/14 ling/bling allin with this opener, i tried 3 times. But i really want to :D

at one moment:
- i got 6 lings one queen and a building spine
- opponent has 10 lings and earlier ling speed

and this small and neat window where he can crush you, before additional lings come out.

replay --> http://drop.sc/154469

i saw that you say to build a additional spine in the main, but i dont see where this helps... perhaps an earlier spine pre building in the main or something like that?

Cheers and thx
Michael
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 09 2012 22:13 GMT
#305
On April 06 2012 05:35 enykie wrote:
Hey Tang,

i see no possible way to hold a 14/14 ling/bling allin with this opener, i tried 3 times. But i really want to :D

at one moment:
- i got 6 lings one queen and a building spine
- opponent has 10 lings and earlier ling speed

and this small and neat window where he can crush you, before additional lings come out.

replay --> http://drop.sc/154469

i saw that you say to build a additional spine in the main, but i dont see where this helps... perhaps an earlier spine pre building in the main or something like that?

Cheers and thx
Michael

hey michael, I build a spine on 23 (after 2nd queen and before overlord) and move it down to the expansion immediately. I also start a 3rd queen at my expansion and move my main queen down there. Having 2 queens on the ramp (a 3rd one building) with a spine is a pretty nice defense, and considering you're massing zerglings anyway you should hold your expansion or counterattack if the opportunity arises.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
April 09 2012 23:04 GMT
#306
This build probably dies very easily to a 14/14 baneling play.
hundred thousand krouner
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 10 2012 19:46 GMT
#307
On April 10 2012 08:04 Zheryn wrote:
This build probably dies very easily to a 14/14 baneling play.

It relies on a fast response, because baneling busts can be very deadly. At 23 supply, your first overlord should be at your opponent's expansion. If you see lings coming out and no expansion by 4min, you can safely assume a ling/bane all-in. If you build a spine at the edge of your main creep, it'll finish in time to move down and defend your expansion. You should also inject your main queen and move it down to the expansion and start another queen (3rd queen) at your natural. Wall the ramp with 2 queens and a spine there. Use your lings to micro and pick off banelings or counterattack. 14/14 all-ins are VERY vulnerable to ling counter attacks, so long as you're smart about moving up ramps (sometimes smarter players hide banelings in their mineral line or above their ramp)
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 11 2012 18:48 GMT
#308
On April 10 2012 08:04 Zheryn wrote:
This build probably dies very easily to a 14/14 baneling play.

Here is a replay that may help:

http://drop.sc/158050

(Opponent goes for Ling/Baneling all-in)
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
April 13 2012 17:28 GMT
#309
Hey Tang,

How do you feel about this build on Daybreak? With the super long rush distance do you think a 15 hatch could be better, but still go for the 42 ling attack? Or maybe don't commit to the first attack since reinforcements will take longer to get there?
Zerg #1
zZzJinzZz
Profile Joined August 2011
United States13 Posts
April 13 2012 18:48 GMT
#310
Nice post
Universum
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada192 Posts
April 13 2012 18:54 GMT
#311
Hey Tang, do you still create secondary accounts to post questions on your own threads ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/
You often learn more from losing than winning. Don't rage, it's a game!
Fliparoni
Profile Joined February 2012
205 Posts
April 13 2012 20:43 GMT
#312
Thanks for this build, Tang! Even if I don't always end up doing the ling attack (sometimes just using the lings to harass and keep him more contained in his base), I always open now in my ZvZ's using this build.
Universum
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada192 Posts
April 14 2012 18:20 GMT
#313
I guess I somewhat killed the thread but uncovering the truth about It's writer.
You often learn more from losing than winning. Don't rage, it's a game!
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
April 14 2012 18:44 GMT
#314
We live in a world where everyone is trying to get ahead so its not suprising.
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 14 2012 19:06 GMT
#315
On April 14 2012 03:54 Universum wrote:
Hey Tang, do you still create secondary accounts to post questions on your own threads ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/

No, that account has been unbanned - it was originally banned (About 8 months ago) because a friend and I matched IPs while on the University campus. I've never had another account other than this one for Team Liquid.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 14 2012 19:08 GMT
#316
On April 15 2012 03:20 Universum wrote:
I guess I somewhat killed the thread but uncovering the truth about It's writer.

Don't flatter yourself, lol, that reddit thread has been around since season 2 and is proven to be a joke taken out of context. Do a bit of research on the poster of that screenshot before jumping to conclusions.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 14 2012 19:09 GMT
#317
On April 14 2012 02:28 SirPsychoMantis wrote:
Hey Tang,

How do you feel about this build on Daybreak? With the super long rush distance do you think a 15 hatch could be better, but still go for the 42 ling attack? Or maybe don't commit to the first attack since reinforcements will take longer to get there?

Daybreak is a large map, but speedlings are so fast that the difference isn't that significant. I do this build on every map.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 19:29:06
April 14 2012 19:28 GMT
#318
On April 15 2012 04:08 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 03:20 Universum wrote:
I guess I somewhat killed the thread but uncovering the truth about It's writer.

Don't flatter yourself, lol, that reddit thread has been around since season 2 and is proven to be a joke taken out of context. Do a bit of research on the poster of that screenshot before jumping to conclusions.


I am willing to believe this. Source of proof?
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
April 14 2012 19:36 GMT
#319
I don't care at all about the current "Tang hurr durr this that durr" thing going on in this thread, but someone mentioned 14/14 baneling play.

I've found the best way to stop baneling play is to stop them from morphing in. I often play against 14/14 banelings, but have never had the blings successfully finish morphing. I've had much more problems with a 9-10 pool baneling play though. Generally if I see more than 4 lings leave his base and not show up at my front door, I'll move out with slow lings and try to find where they're hiding. (Usually right out of vision)
Cereal
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 14 2012 19:36 GMT
#320
On April 15 2012 04:28 TheMooseHeed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 04:08 TangSC wrote:
On April 15 2012 03:20 Universum wrote:
I guess I somewhat killed the thread but uncovering the truth about It's writer.

Don't flatter yourself, lol, that reddit thread has been around since season 2 and is proven to be a joke taken out of context. Do a bit of research on the poster of that screenshot before jumping to conclusions.


I am willing to believe this. Source of proof?

The poster's history: http://www.reddit.com/user/llKENZYll

Erroneous claims against other members of the community: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/npitx/tt1_maphacks_just_like_in_brood_war/

Not to mention, like I said, it's simply a joke taken out of context, which is why they posted the screenshot and not the replay. I can say with 100% sincerity that I would never pay someone to leave a game, nor would I go as low as to create an account to bump my threads. I love SC2 and the community, my biggest failures were my first few guides on TL which were promotion oriented instead of content oriented. Live and learn! I'm now firmly dedicated to producing the absolute best guides I can.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1991
GuemChi 1579
Artosis 639
910 68
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
Counter-Strike
taco 442
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox432
Other Games
summit1g8256
Doublelift2370
JimRising 528
Day[9].tv355
C9.Mang0291
PiGStarcraft282
Maynarde131
CosmosSc2 34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick942
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv355
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 7m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 7m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 7m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.