• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:32
CEST 08:32
KST 15:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8723 users

[G] Grandmaster by 6pooling, how to - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 49 Next All
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 06:44:01
November 12 2011 06:43 GMT
#441
On November 12 2011 09:42 brotlov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 15:18 Belial88 wrote:
Bad habit answer my question T_T (about how to deal with a morphing spine when going hatch first, and if/how/when you should make your own as the hatch firster vs 6 pool).

I'd also appreciate if you looked at this replay and tell me what i did right and wrong. I went hatch first, he went 6 pool, and I won. He didn't make a spine, but it seems like he did your variation of 6 pool. I also think he was kind of dumb, and I think I didn't handle it perfectly correctly, so it was closer than it should have been.

[image loading]


Man, no offense, but you sort of a douche in that game.
Calling an offensive GG, and then saying "owned" when the guy was obviously complimenting your hold, was pretty bm


Ya that seemed inappropriate yet are criticizing others for being inappropriate. In my opinion, I think people have good reason to be upset. The difference between this build and a well executed build is that this build really leaves a FFE build defenseless, if microed perfectly.

Even as OP said, 15 scvs lose to 12 drones because drones can hold position regen health and fight again, similar to micro wars. Of course it must be executed well, but why should a 12 drone strategy be able to beat the likes of White Ra and any player for that matter of any caliber at least once. I mean all you can do is memorize this guys name and prepare the next time
♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
jackalope1234
Profile Joined December 2010
122 Posts
November 12 2011 07:38 GMT
#442
So your the reason people have been drone rushing me lately. The best defense against it is once you see him pull drones just chrono workers as toss cancel everything but your pylon of course and then just kill all his drones with your probes. If he tries to run go probe rush him :D I killed a guys hatch like that.
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
November 12 2011 07:49 GMT
#443
Ya that seemed inappropriate yet are criticizing others for being inappropriate. In my opinion, I think people have good reason to be upset. The difference between this build and a well executed build is that this build really leaves a FFE build defenseless, if microed perfectly.


I'm criticizing others for derailing this thread that should be objectively discussed as a strategy, in the strat forum, not because they have any inclination to dislike this guy. There's 22 pages of this thread being filled with people saying they dont like him, yea after one guy posted a useless post saying only that is enough, the rest keep to questions or discuss the strat or counter-strat please.

I also really don't care how BM people are when I'm browsing TL. I want to learn how to get better at this game when I'm in the strat forum, and discuss strategy. Unless the thread is "How to metagame your opponent based on in-game chat", I think it's as irrelevant as what you had for breakfast what happened in regards to manners.

How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 08:19:03
November 12 2011 08:14 GMT
#444
was rank 50 masters when i started doing this now i'm Rank 27 Masters guys this is Legit cheesing like a Boss (if you have Boss Micro) Gets you wins

http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/398020/XRaDiiX

Look at my MMR/Points go Up Exponentially

I beat a rank 8,6 Masters Terran with 6 pool on Ladder make sure to send ur first worker at 1:20 or maybe a lil earlier or u could get Fucked Also send all ur workers at 150 mineral to make the 6 lings like said in the Blog....

Put all Smallest Maps in your Ladder Map Pool like i did... Your preferences i guess though if u want Tal'Darim...

So right now i'm In Top 2000 of Masters League in NA...
Repeat again not 86 masters Terran. I actually 6 Pooled and Beat rank 8 and Rank 6 Masters Terrans.. LOL WITH 6 POOL!

They Raged so hard it was hilarious i offensive GG'ed one time so i could see why one of them got pissed... Its hell a fun...
Never GG MKP | IdrA
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
November 12 2011 08:59 GMT
#445
I agree with the OP his ZvZ build is really strong... its better than 8 pool double spine Rush... OP is a Cheese GOD!
Never GG MKP | IdrA
syllabic
Profile Joined July 2011
29 Posts
November 12 2011 09:29 GMT
#446
Good thing I walloff 11/11 every game. Sucks for you!
Noorgrin
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 10:26:02
November 12 2011 10:21 GMT
#447
nicely written guide, but still... no offense, but tbh this is nothing you should be proud of sorry...
Q(-_-Q)
Simonius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany98 Posts
November 12 2011 10:53 GMT
#448
How come most of your wins against pros are on XelNaga? Ofc rush distance is short/it's pretty obvious where your opponent is but still every time I try to cheese on this map in such a blatantly obvious I get scouted early and hardcountered......Are pros that greedy that they just tend to scout later?
zanmat0
Profile Joined December 2010
188 Posts
November 12 2011 11:09 GMT
#449
Great thread. It's amusing to see all the angry posters in here. Really exposes their lack of maturity & humility.

"Your strat is so cheap! I would beat you in a "real"/"macro"/"nr20" game! You have no skill!"

Lol.
LXR
Profile Joined June 2011
357 Posts
November 12 2011 11:12 GMT
#450
Bruce Lee once said:
I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 kicks once, but one kick 10000 times.

You don't have to have a ton of strategies if you can master one
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
November 12 2011 13:02 GMT
#451
On November 12 2011 00:51 Cheerio wrote:
Edit: it doesnt. Basicly the unit priority is the same for combat units which are attacking. The order which they are carrying out (attack move, hold position or just standing and shooting at whatever comes close) is irrelevant. I made a test with probes and... they dont attack other probes at all when issued a hold position command even if the other probes attack them. It looks like hold position on probes works just like stop command + they dont move. I dont understand how offensive hold position can possibly work.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read this to mean that you are issuing a Hold Position command then waiting for your drone to attack again on its own?

I haven't tested this myself, not having any particular interest in mastering 6pool. But the trick as written is:

Hold Position
A-move (or attack closest probe/scv/drone)

The idea is to lose aggro, then immediately start attacking again, achieving the same goal as pulling a drone and re-issuing the attack command, but saving the travel time.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
November 12 2011 13:09 GMT
#452
If you can get to GM by doing a 6pool, then by all means do it - if you're skilled enough to make it, you deserve it. Still, I feel like this blind type of aggression is the wrong way to approach improving at SC2. While it does improve some of the basic micro mechanics and macro mechanics, it doesn't practice these fundamentals as much as, say, a 2base timing or 3base timing would. Early cheese should be a tool in every competitive sc2 players arsenal, but it shouldn't be the only thing they practice!
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 17:41:45
November 12 2011 16:54 GMT
#453
edit.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
November 12 2011 20:06 GMT
#454
On November 12 2011 00:51 Cheerio wrote:

Edit2: I also ran some tests on probes vs drones. 15 probes beat 14 drones in open space (no micro, just a-move) with 3-6 probes staying alive. 14 probes vs 14 drones the result is vice versa: 3-5 drones stay alive. You can see how 1 additional probe makes huge difference.


No offense, but you sure did read the OP correctly ?
Basically Belial said everything about the "tower"'s thing. Now about drones against probes, what bad_habit means is, i don't know why, but having some drones on hold position basically stop the others probes attacking at this particular drone. So even if you simply A-moved ur 15 probes against my 14 drones i'd easily win that fight. Not sure if you understand by i can always make a replay for you...
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 12 2011 21:14 GMT
#455
On November 12 2011 19:53 Simonius wrote:
How come most of your wins against pros are on XelNaga? Ofc rush distance is short/it's pretty obvious where your opponent is but still every time I try to cheese on this map in such a blatantly obvious I get scouted early and hardcountered......Are pros that greedy that they just tend to scout later?


i think xelnaga is a bad map for this cheese and it would be my next veto. the rush distance isnt to small and i think its one of the maps i have negative stats on. but its like the only map i prefer dronerush over early pools
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
LOLingBuddha
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands697 Posts
November 12 2011 21:29 GMT
#456
guess the strat doesnt have much staying power, his last 2 1v1s on EU were against whitera, both were lost to whitera..
gg white-ra
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 21:48:39
November 12 2011 21:41 GMT
#457
On November 13 2011 06:29 Artimo wrote:
guess the strat doesnt have much staying power, his last 2 1v1s on EU were against whitera, both were lost to whitera..
gg white-ra


one was thrown away ^_^
and both were my eco 7pool, ur free to check the mainpost for the vod
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
iangreer
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 01:10:58
November 13 2011 01:06 GMT
#458
My very first time trying this.. I think I'm about to piss a whole bunch of people off, starting with my aptly named opponent Enraged

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8lrg6bi21ypb3d

p.s. can someone evaluate how I did? what I need to work on, etc. because I know I didn't pull it off perfectly. But that's what practice is for of course
Fairchild
Profile Joined February 2011
133 Posts
November 13 2011 05:15 GMT
#459
I've seen this thread so many times and until 24 hours ago I never read it through.

Since last night I've been promoted to masters using only 6 pool vs T/P and your ZvZ 7pool.

I've gotta say, thank you!!

I'm done cheesing, I just wanted to get over the gap. Been top 8 diamond for 2 seasons and had enough.

Thank you
Neast
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada23 Posts
November 13 2011 05:37 GMT
#460
man I hate getting 6pooled!! lol
화이팅 彡┻━┻
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft749
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 548
ggaemo 377
Stork 322
Leta 222
PianO 70
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm190
League of Legends
JimRising 166
Reynor57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Westballz50
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor679
Other Games
summit1g9953
C9.Mang0284
PiGStarcraft180
Sick162
ArmadaUGS72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick603
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Lourlo1395
• Stunt556
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 28m
Online Event
4h 28m
FEL
9h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.