• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8079 users

[G] QTIP’s guide to defending the 1-1-1 (PvT) - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
September 25 2011 23:19 GMT
#401
On September 24 2011 19:13 dazaris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2011 08:55 bankai wrote:
On September 22 2011 16:29 HaruRH wrote:
On September 22 2011 16:08 bankai wrote:
Have a question!

In the OP it says that to defend 1-1-1 you must either 1 gate-robo-FE or 1-gate-FE-robo, but that either of these builds will die to 2rax.

I usually open 2gaterobo (gate-robo-gate) like MC does. The 2nd gate goes down straight after the robo. Assuming I dont get interrupted, I can put down an expansion as early as 36 supply (forgot the timing of this).

My question is - is this too late to react to 1-1-1? I am afraid that if I open 1 gate-robo-FE, then if it turns out to be a 2rax then I will die. But i rely on my obs to confirm if its 1-1-1 cos sometimes my stalker scout is not enough to conclude anything, but by the time my obs confirms what they are doing, I must have already committed to the 2gaterobo opening instead of 1gaterobo-FE.


you didn't read the whole post, did you?

OP stated clearly that the 2 initial sentries is to stop any 2 rax. That should be enough I guess.


no need to be rude.....

Perhaps i didnt frame my question very well. Will try again.

I want to clarify - do you have to commit to 1gaterobo-FE or 2gaterobo builds before you confirm its 1-1-1? In the OP "Scouting" section, it sounds like after using ur scouting probe, unless you are lucky and see a marauder or something, there are often times when you think there is a chance of 1-1-1 but not sure until the obs reaches their base.

But by the time the obs reaches the base, you must have already committed to an opening build. The OP does say that if you know its 2rax, then 1gaterobo-FE is not optimal, even though you would be able to hold it off with the 2sentries.

So to summarise my questions are:
1) Do you basically have to commit to a build before confirming its 1-1-1?
2) If I always open 2gaterobo and expand on 36supply (assuming no terran interuption), then if it turns out to be 1-1-1, will my expansion be too delayed to hold it off?

Thanks and sorry if there is something said about this already. Reading the OP i didnt see the answer to this but i may have overlooked.


1) Yes. You will have to commit to your build before getting confirmation that that he is 100% doing a 1/1/1 build. You do this based on scouting information. The reads you will need to make are contained in the "Scouting" section of the OP. This will not tell you 100% that they are doing a 1/1/1 build, especially if you are unable to get your probe into their base (a 4 player map) but are a good indicator for a tech build if you can confirm they have taken their gas.

2) If you open 2gate robo and expand it will be harder to hold off the 1/1/1 than if you had 1gate or 1gate+robo expanded. Expanding off one gate is preferred as your expansion will have been running long enough to have paid for itself. A delayed expansion off a 2gate robo on the other hand would mean being 400 minerals + cost of probes down at the time of the attack unless you delay the push significantly.


Thanks a lot, that was really helpful advice
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 23:44:26
September 25 2011 23:42 GMT
#402
Are the "misinformation" in the OP really misinformation? They may not work all the time, but I've seen many of the tricks used to help fighting against 1-1-1. For example, I've seen pros stalling the push from all the way from T's base using forcefields/(blink) stalkers, buying time to crank out more units to fight. In those circumstances it basically came down to controls/engagement. If forcefields are used correctly, or you manage to distract T with your stalkers/phoenix, sometimes getting a tank snipe or two. But failfields or fail blinks will usually mean death sooner or later.

Often times the responses I hear is "that only works if the T sucks", but I disagree. No one plays perfect, and good players are capable of force out opponent's mistakes. It requires much more skill/effort from P, but it doesn't mean they are "misinformation", IMO.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 26 2011 18:58 GMT
#403
On September 26 2011 08:42 usethis2 wrote:
Are the "misinformation" in the OP really misinformation? They may not work all the time, but I've seen many of the tricks used to help fighting against 1-1-1. For example, I've seen pros stalling the push from all the way from T's base using forcefields/(blink) stalkers, buying time to crank out more units to fight. In those circumstances it basically came down to controls/engagement. If forcefields are used correctly, or you manage to distract T with your stalkers/phoenix, sometimes getting a tank snipe or two. But failfields or fail blinks will usually mean death sooner or later.

Often times the responses I hear is "that only works if the T sucks", but I disagree. No one plays perfect, and good players are capable of force out opponent's mistakes. It requires much more skill/effort from P, but it doesn't mean they are "misinformation", IMO.



I see what you're saying. There are alternative methods that can have success against the 1-1-1 and I've listed the most common ones in that section. However, most of the "misinformation" I quoted is indeed exactly that. Players commenting that rushing to Storm, having 3 Colossi at 9 minutes with Thermal Lance are simply incorrect. I do agree with you that a 1-1-1 can be stopped with other builds that implement Colossus, Phoenix play, etc. but I still strongly believe that a Zealot/ Immortal/ Sentry based army is the most flexible and safest. Blizzard's buff to the immortal further reinforces this theory.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 26 2011 19:03 GMT
#404
On September 24 2011 23:34 kcdc wrote:
I'm a little late to this party, but I've never had trouble with 1-1-1, and my solution is different than the ones listed in the OP.

I 1-gate FE (2 chrono on nexus at start and then the rest on WG and hallucination). My gateway production goes zealot-stalker-sentry-zealot. Get to 3 gates. At this point I should know if T is going bio expand, and I'll diverge from this plan. If T is still on 1 base, then forge shortly before hallucination finishes. Hallucination scout. If starport tech lab is active, cannons in both bases for detection. If still on 1 base, get to 6 gates all on 1 gas with I think about 40-45 probes. Mass zealots with about 3 sentries and about 4 stalkers. Make a pylon a ways out from your natural in an open space. Engage there to catch T off guard and unsieged. Use your sentry energy for guardian shield and forcefielding marines to help out your zealots, and focus the tanks with your stalkers. Reinforce with stalkers if you need more AA or zealots if there's still some army left. Win.

Note that I don't build a robo at all unless I have to deal with cloaked banshees, in which case the army is smaller.


This strategy can work but only against a significantly delayed 1-1-1. I don't see how you can get up to 40-45 probes with a decent army at the 8:00-9:00 minute mark. Early 1-1-1's can come at 8 minutes, at which point there is no way you will be able to support 6 gateways, even with a 1 gate - expand. More importantly, it will be very difficult to force mid map engagements against a Terran with cloaked banshees if you don't have an observer with your army. Please post a replay for further analysis, I'm curious to see how you deal with 1-1-1's that come closer to the 8 minute mark.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 20:59:15
September 26 2011 20:57 GMT
#405
On September 27 2011 04:03 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 23:34 kcdc wrote:
I'm a little late to this party, but I've never had trouble with 1-1-1, and my solution is different than the ones listed in the OP.

I 1-gate FE (2 chrono on nexus at start and then the rest on WG and hallucination). My gateway production goes zealot-stalker-sentry-zealot. Get to 3 gates. At this point I should know if T is going bio expand, and I'll diverge from this plan. If T is still on 1 base, then forge shortly before hallucination finishes. Hallucination scout. If starport tech lab is active, cannons in both bases for detection. If still on 1 base, get to 6 gates all on 1 gas with I think about 40-45 probes. Mass zealots with about 3 sentries and about 4 stalkers. Make a pylon a ways out from your natural in an open space. Engage there to catch T off guard and unsieged. Use your sentry energy for guardian shield and forcefielding marines to help out your zealots, and focus the tanks with your stalkers. Reinforce with stalkers if you need more AA or zealots if there's still some army left. Win.

Note that I don't build a robo at all unless I have to deal with cloaked banshees, in which case the army is smaller.


This strategy can work but only against a significantly delayed 1-1-1. I don't see how you can get up to 40-45 probes with a decent army at the 8:00-9:00 minute mark. Early 1-1-1's can come at 8 minutes, at which point there is no way you will be able to support 6 gateways, even with a 1 gate - expand. More importantly, it will be very difficult to force mid map engagements against a Terran with cloaked banshees if you don't have an observer with your army. Please post a replay for further analysis, I'm curious to see how you deal with 1-1-1's that come closer to the 8 minute mark.


I probably guessed a little high on the probe count. I probably actually cut probes in the 35-40 range now that I'm thinking about it. I believe I have 26 probes and a nexus started at 34/34 food, I make a couple more while the nexus is building, and then I think I make maybe about 8 after my nexus finishes. I probably have 2 probes each on 16 mineral patches with 3 probes on 1 gas geyser, so that'd be 35 probes. I'll upload a replay when I get a chance.

And as for cloaked banshees, you really don't see many Terrans bothering to tech cloak before going all-in. And when they do, the attack is later. I doubt I'll be able to get a replay with cloak any time soon.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 21:20:56
September 26 2011 21:20 GMT
#406
On September 27 2011 05:57 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 04:03 QTIP. wrote:
On September 24 2011 23:34 kcdc wrote:
I'm a little late to this party, but I've never had trouble with 1-1-1, and my solution is different than the ones listed in the OP.

I 1-gate FE (2 chrono on nexus at start and then the rest on WG and hallucination). My gateway production goes zealot-stalker-sentry-zealot. Get to 3 gates. At this point I should know if T is going bio expand, and I'll diverge from this plan. If T is still on 1 base, then forge shortly before hallucination finishes. Hallucination scout. If starport tech lab is active, cannons in both bases for detection. If still on 1 base, get to 6 gates all on 1 gas with I think about 40-45 probes. Mass zealots with about 3 sentries and about 4 stalkers. Make a pylon a ways out from your natural in an open space. Engage there to catch T off guard and unsieged. Use your sentry energy for guardian shield and forcefielding marines to help out your zealots, and focus the tanks with your stalkers. Reinforce with stalkers if you need more AA or zealots if there's still some army left. Win.

Note that I don't build a robo at all unless I have to deal with cloaked banshees, in which case the army is smaller.


This strategy can work but only against a significantly delayed 1-1-1. I don't see how you can get up to 40-45 probes with a decent army at the 8:00-9:00 minute mark. Early 1-1-1's can come at 8 minutes, at which point there is no way you will be able to support 6 gateways, even with a 1 gate - expand. More importantly, it will be very difficult to force mid map engagements against a Terran with cloaked banshees if you don't have an observer with your army. Please post a replay for further analysis, I'm curious to see how you deal with 1-1-1's that come closer to the 8 minute mark.


I probably guessed a little high on the probe count. I probably actually cut probes in the 35-40 range now that I'm thinking about it. I believe I have 26 probes and a nexus started at 34/34 food, I make a couple more while the nexus is building, and then I think I make maybe about 8 after my nexus finishes. I probably have 2 probes each on 16 mineral patches with 3 probes on 1 gas geyser, so that'd be 35 probes. I'll upload a replay when I get a chance.

And as for cloaked banshees, you really don't see many Terrans bothering to tech cloak before going all-in. And when they do, the attack is later. I doubt I'll be able to get a replay with cloak any time soon.


Thanks for getting back to me. What you're saying now sounds much more reasonable.

As for the lack of cloak, perhaps we've had differing experiences, but the exact 1-1-1 push I encounter more than any other is the one that MVP did against Tails in the recent GSTL match. Lots of Marines, 3-4 tanks, and 2-3 cloaked Banshees. Even if you crush the Marine-Tank portion of the 1-1-1, the banshees are usually retained by the Terran. Because the banshees are retained, the 2nd wave can be even harder to deal with due to the now 5-6 Banshee count. If you've been unable to kill any banshees to this point, you will need 1-2 Phoenix. I still strongly believe that Immortals are the key to stopping this push as opposed to mass gateway. The +1 range really really helps in preventing your Immortals from being focused down by marines before they are able to deal with the tanks. Blizzard has also emphasized in their situation notes that the Immortal range was specifically to address this.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
September 26 2011 22:01 GMT
#407
On September 27 2011 06:20 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 05:57 kcdc wrote:
On September 27 2011 04:03 QTIP. wrote:
On September 24 2011 23:34 kcdc wrote:
I'm a little late to this party, but I've never had trouble with 1-1-1, and my solution is different than the ones listed in the OP.

I 1-gate FE (2 chrono on nexus at start and then the rest on WG and hallucination). My gateway production goes zealot-stalker-sentry-zealot. Get to 3 gates. At this point I should know if T is going bio expand, and I'll diverge from this plan. If T is still on 1 base, then forge shortly before hallucination finishes. Hallucination scout. If starport tech lab is active, cannons in both bases for detection. If still on 1 base, get to 6 gates all on 1 gas with I think about 40-45 probes. Mass zealots with about 3 sentries and about 4 stalkers. Make a pylon a ways out from your natural in an open space. Engage there to catch T off guard and unsieged. Use your sentry energy for guardian shield and forcefielding marines to help out your zealots, and focus the tanks with your stalkers. Reinforce with stalkers if you need more AA or zealots if there's still some army left. Win.

Note that I don't build a robo at all unless I have to deal with cloaked banshees, in which case the army is smaller.


This strategy can work but only against a significantly delayed 1-1-1. I don't see how you can get up to 40-45 probes with a decent army at the 8:00-9:00 minute mark. Early 1-1-1's can come at 8 minutes, at which point there is no way you will be able to support 6 gateways, even with a 1 gate - expand. More importantly, it will be very difficult to force mid map engagements against a Terran with cloaked banshees if you don't have an observer with your army. Please post a replay for further analysis, I'm curious to see how you deal with 1-1-1's that come closer to the 8 minute mark.


I probably guessed a little high on the probe count. I probably actually cut probes in the 35-40 range now that I'm thinking about it. I believe I have 26 probes and a nexus started at 34/34 food, I make a couple more while the nexus is building, and then I think I make maybe about 8 after my nexus finishes. I probably have 2 probes each on 16 mineral patches with 3 probes on 1 gas geyser, so that'd be 35 probes. I'll upload a replay when I get a chance.

And as for cloaked banshees, you really don't see many Terrans bothering to tech cloak before going all-in. And when they do, the attack is later. I doubt I'll be able to get a replay with cloak any time soon.


Thanks for getting back to me. What you're saying now sounds much more reasonable.

As for the lack of cloak, perhaps we've had differing experiences, but the exact 1-1-1 push I encounter more than any other is the one that MVP did against Tails in the recent GSTL match. Lots of Marines, 3-4 tanks, and 2-3 cloaked Banshees. Even if you crush the Marine-Tank portion of the 1-1-1, the banshees are usually retained by the Terran. Because the banshees are retained, the 2nd wave can be even harder to deal with due to the now 5-6 Banshee count. If you've been unable to kill any banshees to this point, you will need 1-2 Phoenix. I still strongly believe that Immortals are the key to stopping this push as opposed to mass gateway. The +1 range really really helps in preventing your Immortals from being focused down by marines before they are able to deal with the tanks. Blizzard has also emphasized in their situation notes that the Immortal range was specifically to address this.


Immortals are definitely useful. I don't typically use them for this push because you have to make an educated guess about what Terran is doing to have immortals out that early. If you're going FE and you see a quick reactor, you'll want to go straight to robo after your nexus to have a decent immortal count in time for a 1-1-1. But if you guessed wrong and T is actually doing a reactor + tech lab 2-rax pressure in front of an expansion, then you die. Also, while immortals are more efficient than gateway units for cost, there's about a 60 lag between when you invest your resources and when the immortal is in position to defend your expansion. Gateway units have a 5 second lag. In the early stages of the game, that makes a big difference.

Anyway, there can be lots of ways to solve the problem. I've been going 1 gate FE every game vs T since the beta, and I had to adapt to 1-1-1's early on. I haven't had trouble with those sorts of pushes in a long time, so it surprised me that people complain about them so much. I just wanted to share what works for me.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 26 2011 22:11 GMT
#408
On September 27 2011 07:01 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 06:20 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 05:57 kcdc wrote:
On September 27 2011 04:03 QTIP. wrote:
On September 24 2011 23:34 kcdc wrote:
I'm a little late to this party, but I've never had trouble with 1-1-1, and my solution is different than the ones listed in the OP.

I 1-gate FE (2 chrono on nexus at start and then the rest on WG and hallucination). My gateway production goes zealot-stalker-sentry-zealot. Get to 3 gates. At this point I should know if T is going bio expand, and I'll diverge from this plan. If T is still on 1 base, then forge shortly before hallucination finishes. Hallucination scout. If starport tech lab is active, cannons in both bases for detection. If still on 1 base, get to 6 gates all on 1 gas with I think about 40-45 probes. Mass zealots with about 3 sentries and about 4 stalkers. Make a pylon a ways out from your natural in an open space. Engage there to catch T off guard and unsieged. Use your sentry energy for guardian shield and forcefielding marines to help out your zealots, and focus the tanks with your stalkers. Reinforce with stalkers if you need more AA or zealots if there's still some army left. Win.

Note that I don't build a robo at all unless I have to deal with cloaked banshees, in which case the army is smaller.


This strategy can work but only against a significantly delayed 1-1-1. I don't see how you can get up to 40-45 probes with a decent army at the 8:00-9:00 minute mark. Early 1-1-1's can come at 8 minutes, at which point there is no way you will be able to support 6 gateways, even with a 1 gate - expand. More importantly, it will be very difficult to force mid map engagements against a Terran with cloaked banshees if you don't have an observer with your army. Please post a replay for further analysis, I'm curious to see how you deal with 1-1-1's that come closer to the 8 minute mark.


I probably guessed a little high on the probe count. I probably actually cut probes in the 35-40 range now that I'm thinking about it. I believe I have 26 probes and a nexus started at 34/34 food, I make a couple more while the nexus is building, and then I think I make maybe about 8 after my nexus finishes. I probably have 2 probes each on 16 mineral patches with 3 probes on 1 gas geyser, so that'd be 35 probes. I'll upload a replay when I get a chance.

And as for cloaked banshees, you really don't see many Terrans bothering to tech cloak before going all-in. And when they do, the attack is later. I doubt I'll be able to get a replay with cloak any time soon.


Thanks for getting back to me. What you're saying now sounds much more reasonable.

As for the lack of cloak, perhaps we've had differing experiences, but the exact 1-1-1 push I encounter more than any other is the one that MVP did against Tails in the recent GSTL match. Lots of Marines, 3-4 tanks, and 2-3 cloaked Banshees. Even if you crush the Marine-Tank portion of the 1-1-1, the banshees are usually retained by the Terran. Because the banshees are retained, the 2nd wave can be even harder to deal with due to the now 5-6 Banshee count. If you've been unable to kill any banshees to this point, you will need 1-2 Phoenix. I still strongly believe that Immortals are the key to stopping this push as opposed to mass gateway. The +1 range really really helps in preventing your Immortals from being focused down by marines before they are able to deal with the tanks. Blizzard has also emphasized in their situation notes that the Immortal range was specifically to address this.


Immortals are definitely useful. I don't typically use them for this push because you have to make an educated guess about what Terran is doing to have immortals out that early. If you're going FE and you see a quick reactor, you'll want to go straight to robo after your nexus to have a decent immortal count in time for a 1-1-1. But if you guessed wrong and T is actually doing a reactor + tech lab 2-rax pressure in front of an expansion, then you die. Also, while immortals are more efficient than gateway units for cost, there's about a 60 lag between when you invest your resources and when the immortal is in position to defend your expansion. Gateway units have a 5 second lag. In the early stages of the game, that makes a big difference.

Anyway, there can be lots of ways to solve the problem. I've been going 1 gate FE every game vs T since the beta, and I had to adapt to 1-1-1's early on. I haven't had trouble with those sorts of pushes in a long time, so it surprised me that people complain about them so much. I just wanted to share what works for me.


You don't actually straight up die to 2-rax if you 1 Gate - Robo - FE. It will lead to a delayed expansion relative to the Terran, but it wont' be a build order loss. 1 Gate - FE - Robo would be a build order loss to a 2-rax.

I mention in my guide that against a 2-rax, a fast Robo is sub-optimal. It is preferred to have 3 Gates up to defend the 2-rax and put on pressure as well. I do agree that the lag in resources paying off can be detrimental and problematic. I think the lag time is a drawback you will have to accept though.

Either way, thanks for your feedback. I've seen your guides and know that you're well aware of what it takes to be a good Protoss player. As you said, there are many ways in which to deal with this build, I simply believe that the method I have detailed gives you the best chance.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
BigHeadYoony
Profile Joined November 2010
United States92 Posts
September 26 2011 23:33 GMT
#409
QTIP you are so good.
Intel Core i7 2600 / EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked / Corsair DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) RAM / MSI P8P67 Motherboard / Kingston 120GB SSD / Western Digital Blue Caviar 1TB HDD
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 26 2011 23:57 GMT
#410
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
BigHeadYoony
Profile Joined November 2010
United States92 Posts
September 27 2011 01:21 GMT
#411
On September 27 2011 08:57 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.


No I just watched the replays and you're sooo good I'm amazed
Intel Core i7 2600 / EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked / Corsair DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) RAM / MSI P8P67 Motherboard / Kingston 120GB SSD / Western Digital Blue Caviar 1TB HDD
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 27 2011 01:26 GMT
#412
On September 27 2011 10:21 yoonshik95 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 08:57 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.


No I just watched the replays and you're sooo good I'm amazed


o.o

Ty. You're so nice.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
BigHeadYoony
Profile Joined November 2010
United States92 Posts
September 27 2011 01:29 GMT
#413
On September 27 2011 10:26 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 10:21 yoonshik95 wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:57 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.


No I just watched the replays and you're sooo good I'm amazed


o.o

Ty. You're so nice.


I love you so much I use you every morning after shower to swab my ears
Intel Core i7 2600 / EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked / Corsair DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) RAM / MSI P8P67 Motherboard / Kingston 120GB SSD / Western Digital Blue Caviar 1TB HDD
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 27 2011 01:47 GMT
#414
On September 27 2011 10:29 yoonshik95 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 10:26 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 10:21 yoonshik95 wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:57 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.


No I just watched the replays and you're sooo good I'm amazed


o.o

Ty. You're so nice.


I love you so much I use you every morning after shower to swab my ears

lol. T_T
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
terranghost
Profile Joined May 2010
United States980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 04:06:59
September 27 2011 02:08 GMT
#415
First off I like this response to the 111 just some things I wanted to respond to hopefully my criticism and ideas are good. Dunno I dont generally do the 111 allin as I dont like doing allins so the replays you posted were my first time ever seeing it. (A note dunno if this problem happened to anyone else but replay 1 won't load for me)


The thing about all ins is there is usually not a safe transition out of it if you continue to rally units this doesn't feel very all inish to me. For example, in the third replay after the crushing defeat the terran player instead of rallying more units could of had his expo starting and rebuilt his bunker lifted off starport and start with medivacs (as you already have both geysers) and with the factory build a reactor so after the first medivac the starport could now have a reactor and then build to raxes on the two empty tech labs. This is not say you are not behind as the toss already has his expo but you would be by now means out of the game.
+ Show Spoiler +
He kind of tries this but only after attempting to force the 111 to work so he loses not only the initial attack but the reinforcements that carelessly left in the middle of the map and even then delayed it a bit. Then top it off he realized how far behind was and then really went all in but attacked right before stim finished the battle could have played out differently if he had pulled his scvs, had those additional units he lost in the middle of the map, and had waited for stim. Probably would of still lost but it would of been better for him.


On top of all this it seems to me that a hellion regardless of what type of 111 you do would be the first thing you would want to produce so you have a scout capable of seeing what types of units the protoss is building if this zealot/sentry composition does in fact turn out to be the best and the terran player knows this. If he sees that composition with the hellion he could just abandon the strat and switch to standard play. (Or mech if hes like me)
"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it." - Thomas Sowell
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
September 27 2011 02:12 GMT
#416
On September 27 2011 10:47 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 10:29 yoonshik95 wrote:
On September 27 2011 10:26 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 10:21 yoonshik95 wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:57 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.


No I just watched the replays and you're sooo good I'm amazed


o.o

Ty. You're so nice.


I love you so much I use you every morning after shower to swab my ears

lol. T_T

I do the same thing as well
Thanks QTIP <3 <3
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 27 2011 17:57 GMT
#417
On September 27 2011 11:12 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 10:47 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 10:29 yoonshik95 wrote:
On September 27 2011 10:26 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 10:21 yoonshik95 wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:57 QTIP. wrote:
On September 27 2011 08:33 yoonshik95 wrote:
QTIP you are so good.


-_-?? sarcasm? lol. I'm confused.


No I just watched the replays and you're sooo good I'm amazed


o.o

Ty. You're so nice.


I love you so much I use you every morning after shower to swab my ears

lol. T_T

I do the same thing as well
Thanks QTIP <3 <3


lol <3
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
whereismymind
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom717 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 06:18:01
October 07 2011 06:17 GMT
#418
Anyone tried 1Gate FE into chargelots +2 armor till 9 minutes for this? chargelots + few sentries + 1 canon at home for banshee. Is it viable?

This decimates marine scv army, free way to tanks, and for banshees we warpin stalkers near cannon after we clear ground army.
one day.. i'll lose my mind
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
October 07 2011 08:15 GMT
#419
I saw yesterday the IPL , Huk vs alive in metalopolis, we can consider that huk was going for a blindly counter for the 1-1-1 all in. He made 1 gate -> expo -> 29/1 robo-> 30/2gate then started to cut probes at like 28 and Immortal first out the robo then an observer. Then since a blindly counter for it cutting probes and such leaves u behind in the game, he went for a push to justify the units he had in the game.
Any comments in that strat? and I am always scared about my number of stalkers and the banshees, the terrans usually harass a bit the worker line with 1-2 banshees and then come with the push.
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
Triky
Profile Joined September 2010
Peru99 Posts
October 07 2011 21:02 GMT
#420
On October 07 2011 15:17 whereismymind wrote:
Anyone tried 1Gate FE into chargelots +2 armor till 9 minutes for this? chargelots + few sentries + 1 canon at home for banshee. Is it viable?

This decimates marine scv army, free way to tanks, and for banshees we warpin stalkers near cannon after we clear ground army.


did u read the whole thread? u cant have all that at 9 minutes. If u do you should be already dead to banshees or 2rax. Its like teching to HTs
my life for pylo!
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 568
ProTech139
UpATreeSC 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18833
Calm 3596
Mini 441
Mind 79
910 65
soO 38
Trap 31
Aegong 24
Dota 2
Gorgc6061
canceldota58
Counter-Strike
fl0m6410
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3361
Other Games
FrodaN775
Beastyqt537
Liquid`Hasu299
Khaldor232
Livibee200
C9.Mang0160
IndyStarCraft 89
ZombieGrub85
QueenE64
MindelVK14
BRAT_OK 13
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2570
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Nemesis1733
Other Games
• imaqtpie861
• Shiphtur733
• Scarra306
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.