• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:55
CEST 11:55
KST 18:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6201 users

[G] Analysing Replays - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Meldon
Profile Joined May 2010
Greece128 Posts
February 23 2011 16:29 GMT
#61
cheers!! thanks for the insight. that is exactly what you need to actually improve as a player.
Yashu Masha
Wonderbread
Profile Joined December 2010
United States32 Posts
February 24 2011 03:13 GMT
#62
Thanks for taking the time to draft this up. Analyzing replays is definitely an important aspect of your game, but sometimes it's difficult to pick out why you lost (other than if your army was smaller). This is a very well organized guide to use.

Looking forward to the build order refinement post.
Broseidon
EvolPenguin
Profile Joined June 2010
United States73 Posts
February 24 2011 03:24 GMT
#63
Great write-up! I like that you have stuff for all levels. I've heard it all before but it's nice to see it all in one place.
On another note: I started using SC2Gears a few days ago, and it's great. Now I cannot be too lazy to not save my replays .
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 24 2011 13:29 GMT
#64
On February 24 2011 12:13 Wonderbread wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to draft this up. Analyzing replays is definitely an important aspect of your game, but sometimes it's difficult to pick out why you lost (other than if your army was smaller). This is a very well organized guide to use.
And that's where the strategy forum comes in useful. You're able to post up what you think is the reason you lost and then people are able to review that and give you further advice.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Dabba
Profile Joined January 2010
United States182 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 15:13:22
February 24 2011 15:03 GMT
#65
And why isnt this stickied? Awesome post.

Edit: bwahaha stickied!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 24 2011 18:46 GMT
#66
Oh yes, I love this article already.
Plexa... marriage + me = yes by you? ):

Seriously, love love this topic. I hope it improves the SC2 Strat sub-forum.

Cheers to Saracen & Infinity
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
psp219
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States315 Posts
February 25 2011 01:52 GMT
#67
I'm a 3000 diamond and I found this very helpful. People always say watch your replays but I never knew how exactly I"m suppose to watch them. This thread is the perfect example of what you should be doing.
SFGhoax
Profile Joined January 2011
United States21 Posts
February 25 2011 02:06 GMT
#68
amazing thread, helps ALOT when you dont know what to look for when you first start looking at replays an all
Dont forget to #manner!
AnxiousHippo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia1451 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-25 06:57:40
February 25 2011 06:55 GMT
#69
Thankyou! Half the posts each and every day seem to just be [H] I can't win!
Now we can clear all that out of the way an get to the good stuff
Sorry if it sounds harsh, it isn't meant to be.
An apple a day keeps the Protoss away | TLHF
Kohaku
Profile Joined April 2010
United States8 Posts
February 25 2011 22:57 GMT
#70
While I save all of my replays, organizing and renaming every time has been quite annoying, especially recently, as I have been sending them to others and getting some from coaches, partners and the web.

Thank you for passing along SC2 Gears. It's an excellent 3rd party development with a lot to offer.
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 25 2011 23:02 GMT
#71
Great guide. Every player has to read this!
OGS:levelchange
Chutoro
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand95 Posts
February 26 2011 00:10 GMT
#72
Excellent guide, thanks very much for it. I have bookmarked it and expect to refer back to it frequently. I have already used it to good effect with one of my replays where I lost despite having (I thought) much better macro, and was able to see past the obvious mistake (micro mistake in a major battle causing me to lose my army) to the less obvious one (my injects/production fell off badly once I was maxed, so I never re-maxed and won the followup even though I should have been able to do so).

SC2Gears will save me a lot of time - saving every replay manually is tedious.
Twiggs
Profile Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
March 01 2011 01:15 GMT
#73
Posting to remind myself to look at this! Wow, great ideas here! I will for sure try this out and maybe get out of my Starcraft slump!
My life for Auir | FLASH . JD . BISU . HERO . Nony . Incontrol . FIGHTING
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
March 01 2011 01:25 GMT
#74
Can you extend this to analyzing other people's replays? I'm getting tired of people bandwagoning on the OP's erroneous conclusions.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
March 01 2011 19:17 GMT
#75
Not a request to have my replay analyzed or anything. It's just that I had a cheese fail video on another computer that recently died, and this computer can't read the site that I had uploaded it to. Can someone upload this to another replay site? http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/4740
Mk6758
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2 Posts
March 02 2011 22:18 GMT
#76
Heyy TL peoples, I'm a terran and I need help can someone review this rep and tell me where I went wrong? It's tvp. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/145642-1v1-terran-protoss-metalopolis Thanks for anyone who helps!
:D
Killcycle
Profile Joined January 2011
United States170 Posts
March 03 2011 09:13 GMT
#77
Beautiful. As a low level player this is a habit I definitely need to get into if I plan on rising through the ranks searching through a replay is indeed overwhelming if you don't know what you're doing - which I know 10x more than I did before reading the article, and plan on putting the information to use tomorrow.

Also, it usually just seems like too much work - but I guess that's the price you pay for improving your game! Though it seems much simpler after reading this.

O captain[s] my captain[s]
I fear not the shadows of glory nor the echoes of eternity; place before me a true rendition of greatness... and then we shall see.
pandaburn
Profile Joined November 2010
United States89 Posts
March 03 2011 14:39 GMT
#78
On February 23 2011 01:57 Plexa wrote:Poor Worker Saturation
You need about 30 peons per base - 6 to mine gas, 24 on minerals. If you have 90 workers and 2 bases then you have 30 workers too many and desperately need an expansion.


Good guide in general, but I wanted to nitpick this point. There was a thread a little while ago that analyzed the effectiveness of each additional worker at a base (and compared it to BW) and it found that the return from an extra worker on minerals past 16 was smaller, which most people know, but also that it was nearly negligible after 20, and beyond 22 workers you were actually better off long distance mining on LT.

It's a small point, but you certainly don't need 24 workers on minerals. This may actually make your point about balancing worker distribution stronger.
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 00:10:51
March 03 2011 20:05 GMT
#79
mod edit
God is Good.
PxL
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden60 Posts
March 07 2011 18:36 GMT
#80
Really nice guide, learned alot! Thanks!
Train hard- Win hard!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko6
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6732
actioN 535
BeSt 518
Leta 486
Jaedong 398
Larva 210
EffOrt 171
Mong 127
sorry 113
Dewaltoss 102
[ Show more ]
Zeus 99
ToSsGirL 64
scan(afreeca) 63
Killer 61
Barracks 58
Free 46
sSak 39
Shinee 38
Aegong 36
Bale 33
soO 26
FanTaSy 22
NotJumperer 19
HiyA 17
yabsab 17
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe179
Counter-Strike
byalli870
Other Games
summit1g9221
olofmeister910
singsing541
Happy385
crisheroes232
Pyrionflax202
KnowMe107
dupreeh47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1
UltimateBattle 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
• Stunt382
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 5m
Replay Cast
13h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.