• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:07
CEST 13:07
KST 20:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7632 users

[G] TvZ Griffith's 4OC Pressure Push - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36 37 Next All
VonLego
Profile Joined June 2010
United States519 Posts
December 02 2010 23:33 GMT
#81
First game he could have rocked your 3rd (only minerals you had left due to nature of build) after he wiped out your army multiple times in a row yet he sat and turtled with mutalisks... curious.

Second game he sat on 4k resources as you attacked.

I'm not entirely sold on the build, but it does sound pretty interesting in theory.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 02 2010 23:48 GMT
#82
Now I know why this build isn't so strong vs p, just as OP said, but, if for some godawful reason the P doesn't scout you or doesn't respond with fast colossus after FE, this could be quite powerful on a map with a wide natural.

I know that's a lot of assumptions
Rflcrx
Profile Joined October 2010
503 Posts
December 02 2010 23:49 GMT
#83
the extra mules are interesting, the rest isn't really stable by any means and against a somewhat competent enemy the w/l should be around 1/4 (depending on map & micro)
Pookie Monster
Profile Joined October 2010
United States303 Posts
December 02 2010 23:50 GMT
#84
this build has so much potential in the hands of a pro i watched the replays and was quite impressed considering he made many mistakes and still rolled over a good zerg theres so much room for change in this build too, adding medivacs, tanks, ghosts anything really
??
seodoth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands319 Posts
December 03 2010 00:01 GMT
#85
First of all props to thinking of this build but i see lots of difficulties pulling it off
1)" Most zergs will be at about 100~120 food, tops." I watched both the replays and the zerg player could easily be at 200 as well. In jungle basin he had the money but did not spend and in caverns he also had the money but was not good enough with his queen spawn larva. Still a 200 terran vs 200 zerg should be in the terran's favor, but: the problem is you stick with marine marauder. The zerg simply destroyed the bio ball with ling-bling at jungle basin but somehow refused to finish you off. He let you come back twice actually. In caverns he should have had spend his money and made his larva and killed you.
2) "7. Perhaps the most important of all, it is disguised as a very aggressive 2rax+expo or 5rax-all-in, it forces things like spinecrawlers, early banelings, etc. to slow down the zerg economy." --- Scouting! Send an overlord over your base and lo what does he see. Four OC, small army= early aggression possibility. Cant imagine you forgetting that people can scout your build and easily counter it, because as I said: Only a bio ball wont be enough as you saw at junglebasin where you got wiped out by simply bling-ling.

Overall i think it is an interesting build but not effective at its goal. The extra mules and faster scvs are great, but it leaves you very open to early attacks. Taking a third instead doing 2 base 4 OC, might get you to 200/200 as fast too and even make you stronger in the late game. Also not sticking with the bio ball would be a good idea. If you're going to 2 base, might as well take all the gasses and gets some medivacs. If the zerg was actually aggressive and harassed you with mutas, some forced stims would hurt your force pretty bad
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
December 03 2010 00:27 GMT
#86
On December 03 2010 08:48 EtherealDeath wrote:
Now I know why this build isn't so strong vs p, just as OP said, but, if for some godawful reason the P doesn't scout you or doesn't respond with fast colossus after FE, this could be quite powerful on a map with a wide natural.

I know that's a lot of assumptions


Wouldn't have to respond with colossus. They could respond with just stalkers and totally piss over the terran, unless he's mass bunkered. No gas until 33 supply. Then you need enough gas to make the tech lab, let it build, then get stim, and wait for stim timing to finish. That's not having stim for a LONGGG time.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 01:18:36
December 03 2010 00:46 GMT
#87
Wow, this is probably the most promising and hilarious thing posted on this forum in a while...

You should build some factories for Hellions, it is not like you need the gas so throw some factories out. It gives you a nice transition into mech after your waves of bio hurt zerg enough.

Edit:
I like the concept but I think that you won't be able to get away with 4 OC. Maybe 3... I think that this is definitely a good way of thinking about TvZ atleast. :D
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
December 03 2010 00:47 GMT
#88
I just tried this for the first time and absolutley massacured a 2300 zerg (kinda bad for that level), he scouted it fairly early and tried a baneling attack on my expansion but I easily held with 3 bunkers. Then he went roach/infestor, bad move, it was a massacre. I obviously moved out before 200/200 though because I don't see what the point of waiting for that long is, once you have a 100food strong bio ball you might as well get moving
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
December 03 2010 00:51 GMT
#89
On December 03 2010 04:50 Griffith` wrote:

Mineral Income of about 2200
Most zergs will be at about 100~120 food, tops.



Skimmed through it read this... sounds too good to be true
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
TheOracle
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia256 Posts
December 03 2010 01:43 GMT
#90
Bookmarked for further testing. This sounds almost unbeatable under the right circumstances.

How close can a zerg come to matching this if they recognize the build and make almost 0 units and just drone like a mofo?
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 01:48:34
December 03 2010 01:43 GMT
#91
Added Mech Transition, will post more replays later tonight or tomorrow
griffith.583 (NA)
Scrimpton
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom465 Posts
December 03 2010 01:53 GMT
#92
both replays not even near maxxed at 13 mins..

Sensationalism at its finest.

Nothing to see here.
Protoss is the only race with "pro" in it
eth3n
Profile Joined August 2010
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 02:12:54
December 03 2010 02:01 GMT
#93
I hate to be that guy, but could you show some replays where the enemy scouts what you are doing and in UNABLE to stop you...

better infestor use would be very nice to see as well
Idra Potter: I don't use avada kedavra because i have self-respect.
FishFuzz99
Profile Joined February 2010
United States152 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 02:27:47
December 03 2010 02:24 GMT
#94
I played some 4v4's, so not quite the same, but I did more than my fair share of holding the early aggression. I never did hit 200/200, but that's because my macro is not the best, and I got dropped, and he killed like 6 rax. Other than that, I rolled through a few enemy bases with my bioball.

One really good thing I noticed: at one point, both my bases got basically all the scv's killed by simultaneous infestor play. It didn't hurt that bad. I had 4ccs to make scvs, and still made insane minerals off the mules.

Idk how practical it is for 1v1's but I have not tried it. It is a lot of fun, however.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 03 2010 02:30 GMT
#95
LOL DUDE I LOVE YOUR POST

When I saw the BO, and those CCs, it just looked HILARIOUS. But definitely legit!

Also interesting part about the oversaturation. I'm not quite sure but what you're saying seems to be that the "limit" you could say of mining the minerals from 2 bases can actually provide the same income as if you had 3 workers per mineral patch for 3.5 bases? Or are you saying that using MULEs rather than all SCVs will give you that kind of income?

Love how you incorporated a little math too.

WOW was gonna ask a question but after reading the thread about MULEs, i did not know that MULEs could mine at the same time as the SCV!!! Lol I guess I should have known o.o
Well now I know what you mean by oversaturation haha.

Thanks again for sharing and for the work, I hope I will have fun with this
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Yilar
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark90 Posts
December 03 2010 02:36 GMT
#96
We tried out this build and it doesn't really work that well. If the zerg just follows the general rule of zerg and be +1 base and injects regularly he can easily keep up.
Not another Terran failure :(
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
December 03 2010 02:49 GMT
#97
On December 03 2010 11:36 Yilar wrote:
We tried out this build and it doesn't really work that well. If the zerg just follows the general rule of zerg and be +1 base and injects regularly he can easily keep up.


Hey man, sorry to hear, can you post a replay?
griffith.583 (NA)
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
December 03 2010 02:50 GMT
#98
On December 03 2010 11:30 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
LOL DUDE I LOVE YOUR POST

When I saw the BO, and those CCs, it just looked HILARIOUS. But definitely legit!

Also interesting part about the oversaturation. I'm not quite sure but what you're saying seems to be that the "limit" you could say of mining the minerals from 2 bases can actually provide the same income as if you had 3 workers per mineral patch for 3.5 bases? Or are you saying that using MULEs rather than all SCVs will give you that kind of income?

Love how you incorporated a little math too.

WOW was gonna ask a question but after reading the thread about MULEs, i did not know that MULEs could mine at the same time as the SCV!!! Lol I guess I should have known o.o
Well now I know what you mean by oversaturation haha.

Thanks again for sharing and for the work, I hope I will have fun with this


The MULES alone will give you an extra 240*4 ~960 income
griffith.583 (NA)
30to1
Profile Joined November 2010
105 Posts
December 03 2010 02:52 GMT
#99
I just actually watched these replays and I'm a little disappointed. Maybe you guys are high rated but those were very bad games. Did you have an agreement with him that he wouldn't do anything till 10 minutes or so?

I don't really think the 4OC openings are viable after watching your replays. I've scaled down my tests to 2-3 so that like...it works.
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
December 03 2010 03:03 GMT
#100
ok this shit looks pretty broken xD
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 401
WardiTV151
Rex85
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 17095
StarCastTV_EN402
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech124
Rex 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 12380
EffOrt 6190
BeSt 1824
ZerO 1291
Hyuk 866
Larva 861
Horang2 844
Hyun 286
Zeus 276
Stork 198
[ Show more ]
Killer 195
Light 194
Barracks 129
Rush 84
Yoon 59
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 36
Mini 35
Bale 30
Mong 24
Terrorterran 22
PianO 20
Sacsri 19
ggaemo 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
sorry 9
Noble 8
HiyA 7
Sea.KH 5
Dota 2
Dendi645
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli869
x6flipin70
Other Games
singsing1901
olofmeister1415
XaKoH 529
crisheroes257
Pyrionflax190
Sick166
ArmadaUGS50
Mew2King47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream392
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 235
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH290
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1882
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.