• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:18
CEST 01:18
KST 08:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6795 users

[M] (2) Wolfschanze - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 14 2013 10:00 GMT
#21
Yeah this looks like a "boring" variation of things we've seen several times now.

But in good news, this is one of the best versions of BW desert tileset done in SC2 I think I've seen so far.

And for the name I recommend Wüstenfuchs (Desert Fox) instead.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
April 14 2013 10:57 GMT
#22
How would "Wüstenfuchs" be better? Probably as hard to pronounce for non-german speakers and still related to Nazism. Just stop with that.
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
April 14 2013 11:21 GMT
#23
On April 14 2013 17:07 dezi wrote:
I don't think we need nazi reminiscence in this game - aka change the name - esp. if using names that are most likely associated with Hitler.


quoted, because I would have written something similar
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
April 14 2013 11:25 GMT
#24
On April 14 2013 20:21 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 17:07 dezi wrote:
I don't think we need nazi reminiscence in this game - aka change the name - esp. if using names that are most likely associated with Hitler.


quoted, because I would have written something similar


Finally a shared opinion
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 14:02:22
April 14 2013 12:30 GMT
#25
On April 14 2013 17:48 Superouman wrote:
Nevermind, i didn't understand the meaning of the map name.


I think it's something like 'Steep Edge of the Wolf' or 'Wolf Entrenchement'. We have a similar word in Dutch, but I don't know the exact translation. Google says it's entrenchement, but I tend to disagree with that translation. It's more like a lair I think
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 12:58:53
April 14 2013 12:57 GMT
#26
Wolf's Lair (German: Wolfsschanze) was Adolf Hitler's first Eastern Front military headquarters in World War II.
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Lair
Addition to understand the name origin: Although the standard name in English for Wolfsschanze is "Wolf's Lair", the German name does not actually mean this. Schanze is a term from military engineering and is best translated as "fortification" or "sconce".


Kinda agree that there is no need to draw that association to WW2.
Blizzard made an awesome lore to use and get names from.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 14:23:24
April 14 2013 14:23 GMT
#27
This map has by far the best texturing with that tileset I've ever seen.

I'm not a huge fan of the layout as as people have said it's fairly generic, but I do prefer it to Daybreak tleast since the third isn't right on top of the nat. This map personally reminds me a heck of a lot of Match Point which was my favourite map.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Caviar
Profile Joined April 2011
70 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 14:39:44
April 14 2013 14:29 GMT
#28
The layout is solid, safe but solid. The texturing its great. The little highground outside the third looks a little out of place visually but thats it. I like it
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 14 2013 17:03 GMT
#29
On April 14 2013 17:01 wrl wrote:
For the love of god, stop poisoning map making. This garbage has become the Michael Bay of maps. Generic in every way, with all the bells and whistles we've come to expect. I don't care if the metagame plays out a bit differently, can we start doing things a little differently?

Edit: The map is perfectly fine the way white bread is perfectly fine. We like white bread, but we already have white bread, can we get something else instead?

Chill out, dude. Standard maps are the way they are for a reason, and they aren't going anywhere. I don't see anything wrong with getting different takes on standard maps every now and then. If we have to have standard maps in our map pools, and face it, we do, I'd rather get a new map than use Daybreak for eternity.

So yeah, tone down the trash talk. The white bread analogy isn't something I'd have gone for either.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
April 14 2013 17:12 GMT
#30
Good job with this one. I like it.
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
April 14 2013 17:25 GMT
#31
looking awesome i gotta say
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
April 14 2013 17:43 GMT
#32
On April 14 2013 20:21 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 17:07 dezi wrote:
I don't think we need nazi reminiscence in this game - aka change the name - esp. if using names that are most likely associated with Hitler.


quoted, because I would have written something similar


OGS Penis would be nothing compared.
FlyingBeer
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States262 Posts
April 14 2013 18:45 GMT
#33
Be careful about Nazi references in your maps.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=407242
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 14 2013 19:10 GMT
#34
I really like this map. Solid base layouts, and a good improvement on the outer high ground paths + rocked middle concept. A map like Bel'Shir Vestige never sees the middle rocks knocked down because it's both unnecessary and makes for an inferior terrain position vs. someone on one of the high ground paths. None of those issues here.

I'll admit that concept is maybe a bit overused in Crux, but it's done well on this map nonetheless.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
April 14 2013 22:03 GMT
#35
Superb aesthetics. Good "learning map". I appreciate that you are trying to get back to the basics in your maps. I too try to get down the basics before moving on to more difficult things. But in my opinion, these learning maps aren't meant for tournaments. Please don't try to get it into the GSL/proleague, just learn from it!
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
April 14 2013 23:32 GMT
#36
On April 15 2013 03:45 FlyingBeer wrote:
Be careful about Nazi references in your maps.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=407242


On April 14 2013 21:57 bluQ wrote:
Wolf's Lair (German: Wolfsschanze) was Adolf Hitler's first Eastern Front military headquarters in World War II.
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Lair
Addition to understand the name origin: Although the standard name in English for Wolfsschanze is "Wolf's Lair", the German name does not actually mean this. Schanze is a term from military engineering and is best translated as "fortification" or "sconce".


Kinda agree that there is no need to draw that association to WW2.
Blizzard made an awesome lore to use and get names from.


You should probably just change the name of the map. I also don't think it's a good idea to make a WW2 reference in SC2.

Why don't you just go for Wolf Ridge? Easy fix :D
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
Zrana
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom698 Posts
April 15 2013 00:29 GMT
#37
But it sounds so awesome in a german accent!
Ovalient
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)64 Posts
April 15 2013 02:23 GMT
#38
On April 14 2013 17:07 dezi wrote:
I don't think we need nazi reminiscence in this game - aka change the name - esp. if using names that are most likely associated with Hitler.

If you really want to use a name of that time sth like El Alamain would be (accordingly to the theme) more fitting ...


I'm really sorry that I made all arguments..
I didn't know about that name, just know 'cool name'

My WW2 Historical knowledge is limited. Only know Attack on Pearl Harbor thing..
Sorry everybody. I will never do this thing again.
REALLY SORRY.
SC2 Melee Map Team : Team Crux
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 15 2013 11:58 GMT
#39
On April 15 2013 11:23 Ovalient wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 17:07 dezi wrote:
I don't think we need nazi reminiscence in this game - aka change the name - esp. if using names that are most likely associated with Hitler.

If you really want to use a name of that time sth like El Alamain would be (accordingly to the theme) more fitting ...


I'm really sorry that I made all arguments..
I didn't know about that name, just know 'cool name'

My WW2 Historical knowledge is limited. Only know Attack on Pearl Harbor thing..
Sorry everybody. I will never do this thing again.
REALLY SORRY.

Don't feel too bad, Ovalient! Nobody is angry with you. Just take some time to think of a different cool map name~
Twitter: @iamcaustic
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
April 15 2013 14:17 GMT
#40
best texturing of phaetheon map ive seen yet
Corwin#12780
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 551
White-Ra 126
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever481
NeuroSwarm162
Super Smash Bros
PPMD82
AZ_Axe39
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8610
Liquid`Hasu1359
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g7307
Liquid`RaSZi2616
shahzam613
JimRising 376
C9.Mang0244
ArmadaUGS95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick569
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1023
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 42m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.