• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:47
CEST 02:47
KST 09:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8707 users

MotM ProAm - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
June 29 2012 20:48 GMT
#161
My amateur ass will be submitting in a week or so, probably by wednesday give or take, I still don't think that brings us to 13+ though lol (or even close?).

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Aurora Frost will be one of the submissions.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thread (OP Overview) slightly outdated until my new map is ready to be released, then it will be updated and a new thread for SCA Concertina will be made.

I would love some more varied thoughts on the current overview for Aurora Frost though.

SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
June 29 2012 21:31 GMT
#162
--- Nuked ---
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
June 29 2012 21:38 GMT
#163
I'm also going to be submitting a few maps, fwitw.
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
June 29 2012 21:48 GMT
#164
You want to work as much as you can on a map before u submit it, that is why there are so few submissions
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
June 29 2012 22:45 GMT
#165
Don't worry, lots of submissions will be showing up in the coming days
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 29 2012 23:45 GMT
#166
On June 30 2012 06:31 plasmidghost wrote:
I've always wanted to remake Monty Hall SE for SC2. I'll see what I can do.

would be hard. remember there are no mineral cross glitches anymore. would be interesting though, I'd like to see someone try to remake that one.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
June 30 2012 00:13 GMT
#167
On June 30 2012 08:45 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 06:31 plasmidghost wrote:
I've always wanted to remake Monty Hall SE for SC2. I'll see what I can do.

would be hard. remember there are no mineral cross glitches anymore. would be interesting though, I'd like to see someone try to remake that one.

I didn't play BW much or watched almost anything, but the mineral cross is the thing used to make workers passable while other units don't right? if so you can just make natural units and stack them on each other or something so the wall will have a lot of HP, that will allow workers to pass while other units will have to kill the units first (its not tghe same thing of course, but it is similar
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-30 00:49:34
June 30 2012 00:38 GMT
#168
On June 30 2012 09:13 moskonia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 08:45 FlaShFTW wrote:
On June 30 2012 06:31 plasmidghost wrote:
I've always wanted to remake Monty Hall SE for SC2. I'll see what I can do.

would be hard. remember there are no mineral cross glitches anymore. would be interesting though, I'd like to see someone try to remake that one.

I didn't play BW much or watched almost anything, but the mineral cross is the thing used to make workers passable while other units don't right? if so you can just make natural units and stack them on each other or something so the wall will have a lot of HP, that will allow workers to pass while other units will have to kill the units first (its not tghe same thing of course, but it is similar


unfortunately, having neutral units blocking paths breaks pathing, similarly to pre-placed force-fields. the pathing algorithm doesn't take into account the neutral units; so if ordered across the map, units will pile up on the blocked passageway if it is the shortest route, even if there are other, open passageways.

edit: though this may be acceptable if used in a limited way, for example a small expansion with only one entrance blocked by FFs or neutral eggs or whatever.

there might be some other solution though, maybe triggers.
This is it... the alpaca lips.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 30 2012 00:42 GMT
#169
On June 30 2012 09:13 moskonia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 08:45 FlaShFTW wrote:
On June 30 2012 06:31 plasmidghost wrote:
I've always wanted to remake Monty Hall SE for SC2. I'll see what I can do.

would be hard. remember there are no mineral cross glitches anymore. would be interesting though, I'd like to see someone try to remake that one.

I didn't play BW much or watched almost anything, but the mineral cross is the thing used to make workers passable while other units don't right? if so you can just make natural units and stack them on each other or something so the wall will have a lot of HP, that will allow workers to pass while other units will have to kill the units first (its not tghe same thing of course, but it is similar

well, no. the mineral block was used to make it harder for armies to get places, but allow small groups of units past. more notably are the mineral walls on outsider and medusa. they can still get units across by glitching a worker with a unit. here's a video to show you what i mean.



4:45 for reference.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
June 30 2012 01:00 GMT
#170
Namrufus, so it break pathing, so what? it wont be used on ladder but it could make interesting games and I am sure adding a bit of control problems wont do that much when used in a pro matches. If you know the map and that there are natural units there it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

FlaShFTW, hmm ok so you can't really do it in sc2, but what you can do is make for super small area that allows for only small units to pass, of course it is different, they are different games but I think for the purposes of remaking "Monty Hall SE" you can do it with maybe with natural units, it wont be the same, but it will be at least a bit similar.

Here is what I think will be good: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
it is a choke point with stacked units that only small units can pass through, even though later on you can clean the minerals to make your life easier with passing there. You can pass with workers and after you kill the units you can pass with small units. Of course it is not the same but I think it is a cool thing to try.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 30 2012 01:06 GMT
#171
On June 30 2012 10:00 moskonia wrote:
Namrufus, so it break pathing, so what? it wont be used on ladder but it could make interesting games and I am sure adding a bit of control problems wont do that much when used in a pro matches. If you know the map and that there are natural units there it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

FlaShFTW, hmm ok so you can't really do it in sc2, but what you can do is make for super small area that allows for only small units to pass, of course it is different, they are different games but I think for the purposes of remaking "Monty Hall SE" you can do it with maybe with natural units, it wont be the same, but it will be at least a bit similar.

Here is what I think will be good: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
it is a choke point with stacked units that only small units can pass through, even though later on you can clean the minerals to make your life easier with passing there. You can pass with workers and after you kill the units you can pass with small units. Of course it is not the same but I think it is a cool thing to try.

wouldn't work. the entire purpose of the minerals was to only allow workers or one units at a time to go through. this idea allows small units to get through. It's just not the same with all the glitches removed from BW
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
June 30 2012 01:18 GMT
#172
Ah well nothing we can do, best use the tools we do have to the maximum and not worry about the tools we don't have ^^
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
June 30 2012 03:52 GMT
#173
--- Nuked ---
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 30 2012 03:55 GMT
#174
On June 30 2012 05:48 Broodie wrote:
My amateur ass will be submitting in a week or so, probably by wednesday give or take, I still don't think that brings us to 13+ though lol (or even close?).

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Aurora Frost will be one of the submissions.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thread (OP Overview) slightly outdated until my new map is ready to be released, then it will be updated and a new thread for SCA Concertina will be made.

I would love some more varied thoughts on the current overview for Aurora Frost though.


It's terribad, obv.
+ Show Spoiler +
:p


But I do expect quite a few submissions to be made in the final days. I already have 3 maps I can use for this, but I don't quite feel satisfied with the selection, so I'm gonna hold off and see if I can change that. I hope this'll be as fun as I'm imagining, few things ever are though. Still, chin up, and all that.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 30 2012 04:22 GMT
#175
On June 30 2012 10:18 moskonia wrote:
Ah well nothing we can do, best use the tools we do have to the maximum and not worry about the tools we don't have ^^

Meh, i guess. There should be a Mod type game which allows for the the old BW glitches into this :D
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
No0n
Profile Joined March 2010
United States355 Posts
June 30 2012 05:16 GMT
#176
Well Monty Hall would be cool, but the mineral glitch is really hard to replicate. Maybe you could make a map that Blizzard is sure to like and add to the map pool. Arkanoid
Park Sang Woo(Sea.Really) Fighting! E-STRO forever.
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
June 30 2012 06:23 GMT
#177
--- Nuked ---
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
June 30 2012 06:27 GMT
#178
--- Nuked ---
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-30 09:30:55
June 30 2012 06:40 GMT
#179
--- Nuked ---
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 02 2012 04:20 GMT
#180
Yo, where's dat pro list? I wanna know if I need to engage in protest :p
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft353
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2055
Artosis 638
Shuttle 539
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever693
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox504
Other Games
summit1g8456
shahzam619
JimRising 587
C9.Mang0300
ViBE139
Maynarde136
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 14m
Stellar Fest
12h 14m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.