• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:59
CEST 20:59
KST 03:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7809 users

[M] SCA - (2) Aurora Frost

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 23:41:16
June 15 2012 03:29 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Version: 0.1+ Show Spoiler +
14/06/2012


+ Show Spoiler [Detailed Overview] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Map Information] +

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
Published on:
North Americas

Players:
2 (1v1)

Size:
148x120

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Description:
Winter has long passed but this planets eliptical orbit has been set adrift by a large mass of titanium floating through the Koprulu.

There are enough Resources here to sustain a continuous journey to collect the materials.

Theme:
Flash Frozen Mountain

Inspiration:
After a decent break from mapping I wanted to come back with a clean style of map, while still adding something a little my own.
For this map I took a ton of feedback early on and had some great players give me criticism such as Hangene & FUZZY to name a few.
This map has already gone through around seven large changes and I would love to hear more feedback from anyone!


I will Update my OP and below with comments regarding anything past page 1 to keep the thread less cluttered ^.^

Edit: Forgot to add analyzer images to the thread, I'm at work now for another 3 hours so expect the images then^
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
RumbleBadger
Profile Joined July 2011
322 Posts
June 15 2012 04:42 GMT
#2
Wow, this looks great. I love the layout, and the aesthetics while not mind-blowing are pleasing. I see in your description that you wanted to make a clean map, and I'd say you definitely achieved that. It's very easy to read, but also has some really nice technicalities that make the map more interesting. Nice job!
Games before dames.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
June 15 2012 12:12 GMT
#3
I think this looks awesome! The Aesthetics are really interesting, the combination of ice and stone isn't something I've seen too much and I think you've pulled it off really well. It certainly looks desolate, bleak and unforgiving.

As for the layout, I can tell you've spent a while on it and honestly, I think it's payed off. The middle especially I think is really interesting. High ground middles are definitely the way forward. The orientation of the 6ths (?) and the LoS blockers make for an interesting dynamic. Overall, GJ!
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
AdrianHealey
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium480 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 13:01:38
June 15 2012 13:00 GMT
#4
I think this map is absolutely brilliant. Not that I anyone relevant, but still. :p

I would just make sure there is a little bit more airspace behind the mains/naturals.
I love.
ChaosRefined
Profile Joined July 2011
United States52 Posts
June 15 2012 18:46 GMT
#5
I think it's really awesome, I love the design of the center of the map. That being said, I think the single watch tower leaves a few too many routes uncovered. I would like to see dual watch towers, leaving the center of the map and the far edges uncovered, something like cloud kingdom's watch towers. I haven't played the map yet though, and I could be completely wrong
PandaZerg
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada148 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 20:02:22
June 15 2012 18:52 GMT
#6
Did a game on it!
Gl with the MotM! Your map deserves the best!

Very well designed and layout is awesome!!! 10/10

EDIT: I found third was a bit hard to take against T. I had to did a macro hatch before. Bases progression is great though. Ice spirit is funny but a bit distracting. I always think it's a pylon rush warp.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
June 15 2012 19:09 GMT
#7
only comment is i think the ccw 4th is a bit too far and detached from the rest of the map. otherwise good stuff.
starleague forever
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
June 15 2012 21:14 GMT
#8
Wow thanks!
Didnt think this map would get such nice feedback

@PandaZerg I'm glad to hear you actually playtested it ^.^ if you have any replays to send me just PM the link!

@a176 thank you and how would you redesign it, just so I can get a broad sense of what makes players uncomfortable from another map makers perspective.

@Adrian I will make a highlights video soon, a TvT I played on it had heavy banshee uses that in the end amounted to over 150 SCVs killed lol. I will take that into account through more playtesting though.

@Chaos I am still on/off aboot the double towers, I would like to have more testing done before I come to a conclusion on what would be best. I have also thought about it from the beginning, the original had 2, but was a much larger map ^.^

@Rumble/Oxy thank you very much! all that's left to do now is test and wait for MotM lol
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
June 16 2012 03:13 GMT
#9
actually now that i look at it, ive mistaken the size of the map. it looks alot larger than it is. the proportions and base spacing is kind of reminiscent of daybreak. i would call it as a flatter, and more wide open daybreak, and thats a good thing. :D
starleague forever
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 16 2012 03:15 GMT
#10
On June 16 2012 06:14 Broodie wrote:
@Rumble/Oxy thank you very much! all that's left to do now is test and wait for MotM lol

What if this incoming MotM has a topic that makes all of our WIP's completely unusable? D:

I'm slightly worried.

Oh, and stop beating me on this map. No reason, just stop it.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
June 16 2012 20:50 GMT
#11
Wow that's nice to hear a176, yeah it's not really that big of a map and I kindof see what you mean about daybreak in relation to pathing, can't believe I didn't pick up on that haha

@Sunshine - A few more games tonight, I'll let you beat me once, after that it's game on though lol

and if MotM hosts were going to do that they should have maybe told everyone first so they could prepare, I don't think they would do that though... lol

If it's an FRB MotM I won't be competing. Either way, keep working on Via and we'll have some golden material to work with.

I would like some continual feedback on this map to perfect it to the fullest mano-a-mano, I'll get some playtests on Via too
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
ChaosRefined
Profile Joined July 2011
United States52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 23:08:54
June 16 2012 23:06 GMT
#12
Is this published on NA? If not, I would be glad to publish it for you. If so, I can't find it :l and I really want to play my friends on it

edit: just kidding, found it! looking forward to some pretty awesome games
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
June 16 2012 23:40 GMT
#13
Thank you Chaos and please send me the replays or tell me how it went for you^

Keep in mind I am still going to be adding some aesthetics to this map soon, just wanted to grind out balance first.

Also for those playing on EU, I can have the map uploaded for you to play aswell if it is requested xD
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 17 2012 02:00 GMT
#14
feel liek the 3rd/4th area is too small. usually when you take another base, there will be more chokes to defend. by taking the 4th, you keep the same amount of chokes to defend.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
June 17 2012 03:39 GMT
#15
Let me be yet another person in this thread to call this a fantastic map. Seriously, the texturing looks amazing and it's definitely something that's unique. The layout is really solid as well, I definitely think this has potential to be a tournament-playable map. Made a note to go and check this out later, will tell you what I think if I ever get around to it.
Awesome job and good luck!
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
Quakecomm
Profile Joined April 2012
United States344 Posts
June 20 2012 18:46 GMT
#16
Love it
gorkey island is the only good map
Guardian85
Profile Joined May 2012
162 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 21:52:48
June 20 2012 21:52 GMT
#17
Great map man! About the Xel'naga tower, my 6th sense tells me it would probably be better to have two towers, placing them to overlap each other just north and south of where the single one is standing now on the same height platform. Not sure if it will be to OP.. but i think where the naga tower is standing now alone, makes it too useless in my opinion.
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-22 09:46:06
June 22 2012 09:38 GMT
#18
Ty^^^vm

I'm currently working on a small revision that may heavily affect the way this map plays past mid game.

I was also considering the moving of the tower but with this new revision I think it's okay with one tower, it will just need more extensive testing^

I also have a new map design that I think has potential, using a style I haven't really tried before^

Keep any eye open before the deadline of MotM
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-30 06:17:15
June 30 2012 06:14 GMT
#19
Oh yeah, I forgot. Textures are terrible too. Get better at not sucking, and this map might have a chance.


So in summary, layout = fantastic, aesthetic = death in a crowded tar-pit.

edit: this is not a bump Broodie. srs.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 30 2012 16:55 GMT
#20
Wow you really have gotten a lot better since you began. I'm liking most of the layout. The part I don't like is that some of the expos get close to the opponent once the rocks are broken. It should be alright though.

Great work and I'm impressed at your progress. I don't think the aesthetics are as bad as NewSunshine claims, but the ice tileset is just hard to make look good.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 936
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 90
Zeus 71
Trap 45
910 37
zelot 28
Sexy 26
soO 22
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 19
NaDa 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins197
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1543
Fnx 806
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS140
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1563
Other Games
summit1g3799
Grubby3485
Beastyqt732
B2W.Neo660
ceh9471
byalli422
KnowMe164
C9.Mang0150
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 74
Railgan16
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV268
WardiTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur382
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 1m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 1m
Stellar Fest
18h 1m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.