• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9374 users

[M] (2) oZz Orbit Brutus <WIP> - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Fetchystick
Profile Joined November 2011
United States43 Posts
July 14 2012 21:44 GMT
#41
I think that this map would work great with the 6m1hyg concept (and I'm not just saying this because I think the concept is great). If you could really force a thrid from each player I think we could start seeing some serious back-and-forth action and split armies. It has everything a 6m1hyg map needs!

Easy third: Third base is close enough to main and has no rocks/nearby high ground to make third base hard to take

Seperate paths to third: You cannot defend both your third base and your natural by keeping your entire army in one location

Strategic points: Many different areas of the map have strategic value other than "there are minerals here that I must mine/keep the enemy from mining". This will encourage smaller skirmishes around the map as well as fighting in areas other than the paths between the bases.


I'd like to try this map out in 6m1hyg form.
"He's either really dumb or he's up to no good. Either way, I should probably all-in.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
July 15 2012 02:04 GMT
#42
On July 15 2012 02:12 Kmatt wrote:
Did anyone else notice that you can tank drop the cliff behind the natural? I thought we learned from Lost Temple...


It is blocked by a doodad but does not show up on analyzer, will put a no pathing doodad up and reupload the analyzer at some point soon!
Retired Mapmaker™
shadogi
Profile Joined November 2011
United States194 Posts
July 15 2012 04:10 GMT
#43
I feel like the Xel'Naga towers are too powerful. It feels like you can literally control the entire map with 4 lings (one on each tower and one in each choke). Might make the map a little too zerg favored (i'm zerg, so this is actually fine!)
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
July 16 2012 11:06 GMT
#44
This map kind of encourages me to play mech against a protoss, I wouldnt wanna go bio into a choke and get stormed lol
John 15:13
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
August 01 2012 08:42 GMT
#45
Map of the month update has been made! Love some feedback on the changes.
Retired Mapmaker™
lost_artz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States366 Posts
August 01 2012 09:16 GMT
#46
I clicked on the Eye Candy spoiler but there were no women, what gives? :D

Joking aside, amazing work with the doodads.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
August 01 2012 09:29 GMT
#47
I love this map! Definitely well in the running to win the ProAm. I really hope it doesn't have any fps issues because my god, it's beautiful. My only slight concern is that the rush distance is too long but that's not really a big issue. Also the top left and bottom right aesthetic areas are basically the same, I would have liked them to be differentiated. Other than that, top mapping!
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
August 01 2012 09:36 GMT
#48
On August 01 2012 18:29 OxyGenesis wrote:
I love this map! Definitely well in the running to win the ProAm. I really hope it doesn't have any fps issues because my god, it's beautiful. My only slight concern is that the rush distance is too long but that's not really a big issue. Also the top left and bottom right aesthetic areas are basically the same, I would have liked them to be differentiated. Other than that, top mapping!


Yes I've slightly ran out of time. Relationship issues, ftl!

Will be working on making some changes to those areas to set them apart.

~1400 doodads, lower than some maps I've seen.
Retired Mapmaker™
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
August 01 2012 09:55 GMT
#49
I didn't think it could be improved so much and so well, since it was already really good as far as I was concerned. But I really like the changes - well, more like adjustments. The previous one looked prettier in the overview because of the dark highround swirling into midmap, but this one seems far more playable and and promotes a more army movement and aggression during mid game. In fact looking at it now, I'm convinced it will make for excellent games.

Great job on the aesthetics too - I think you're gotten very decent mileage out 1400 doodads, the map is jaw dropping. Honestly, I hope this does really well in the ProAm competition. Maybe it can go even further, because it's fucking awesome.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
August 01 2012 14:43 GMT
#50
Very good changes, definitively a strong contender for the MotM Proam.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
August 12 2012 07:46 GMT
#51
Working at further reducing the bounds, current version I am working on is sitting at 142x156.
Retired Mapmaker™
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
August 12 2012 08:17 GMT
#52
I don't think reducing the bound fixes the map. I mean reduced airspace has pros and cons but yeah.
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 417
UpATreeSC 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1041
actioN 393
Dewaltoss 140
firebathero 89
Zeus 65
Trap 44
Sexy 30
zelot 27
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
soO 21
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 14
Dota 2
Gorgc7146
qojqva2002
Dendi809
420jenkins162
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1285
Fnx 690
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5824
Liquid`Hasu1046
Other Games
Grubby5057
summit1g1303
Beastyqt740
B2W.Neo613
ceh9473
byalli351
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe148
ArmadaUGS144
Khaldor119
TKL 109
BRAT_OK 83
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
WardiTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• IndyKCrew
• Adnapsc2 0
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix14
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3775
• TFBlade933
Other Games
• Shiphtur368
• WagamamaTV312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 37m
Stellar Fest
18h 37m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.