• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:13
CEST 02:13
KST 09:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9586 users

[MOD] save and load in multiplayer. - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
January 06 2012 20:08 GMT
#21
I would love to try it , can i since im on the EU server ?


I don't have access to the EU server just SEA and NA. The version here is out of date as there have been some major improvements made but I have not uploaded yet as I am fixing a few small errors with the newer version. When it's done I will try and provide a link for downloading the maps for those not on SEA/NA
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
January 24 2012 06:40 GMT
#22
Hi turtles, when do you anticipate uploading the most recent version?
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
January 24 2012 06:55 GMT
#23
The ability to save a load games should be basic. The potential for learning would be AMAZING. Imagine how many things Day[9] could do on the daily if he could randomly pop in and show us how to fix what he criticizing.

Or, we could practice a late game battle with someone 100 times. Ahk... this feature is too good. It makes me sad Blizz probably wont implement it.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 12:59:09
January 24 2012 10:03 GMT
#24
On January 24 2012 15:40 Fission wrote:
Hi turtles, when do you anticipate uploading the most recent version?



Hi guys!

I have just released the most recent version of the mod on both US and SEA servers. go to "create custom game" and type in "SALT", you should get a couple of maps.

So far I have released the mod in the following maps

ladder/tournament maps:
SALT Xel'naga Caverns
SALT Shattered temple
SALT Antiga Shipyards

GSL maps:
SALT Crevasse

a map of my own making (NOTE: not tested for balance, just something I made for fun):
SALT Bel'Shir swamp

I want to announce the MOD in the general chat ASAP but I want to first do one last test run.

I will be in the US chat channel "SALT" for the next few hours if anyone would be kind enough to give me a 5 minute test run. As I said before my username in game is "turtles" character code is 734.

EDIT: I just realized that it is about 5 AM in America *facepalm* so this is probably the WORST time to be expecting anyone to join me on the US server. I will try and organize a better time to playtest it.

Thanks for your patience guys
Turtles.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
January 24 2012 13:26 GMT
#25
Thankyou for your support everyone.

I got someone to help go through a few last things to make sure it works smoothly. Strangely enough everything went to plan.

I am going to create a post on the main SC2 page probably tomorrow letting people know about this mod and asking for player feedback.

Once again, thanks for the support.
Turtles.
Dauntless
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway548 Posts
January 24 2012 13:54 GMT
#26
I like turtles.
PM me if you need an uploader for EU.
Dauntless.156 EU || Liquid´HerO | Grubby.Grubby
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
January 24 2012 16:30 GMT
#27
pls make this for Daybreak
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
January 25 2012 01:52 GMT
#28
Map thread is up on the general discussion page

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306069

If I could get the [WIP] tag removed from the title then I will keep this thread updated every now and again when I release patches and for discussion about it from a mappers perspective.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
February 09 2012 15:24 GMT
#29
A few major bug fixes since release.

The first post in the thread has been updated.

The bug with researches/upgrades not loading correctly has been fixed!
The UI is now a lot more clean and unobtrussive.
Unit orders targeting other units now load correctly. So things like target firing, feedback, sniping etcetc all work if you load the game back to when the orders were given.
The creep spread now loads to where it was previously.
Building morphs now work correctly.

Also can someone remove the [wip] tag that I placed in the thread title?
Atj
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17 Posts
February 13 2012 16:53 GMT
#30
I demand this for EU !
pAnatiC
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany123 Posts
February 13 2012 20:41 GMT
#31
Really need this on EU!
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
February 14 2012 05:04 GMT
#32
Hello Europe!

I have someone I trust not to screw me over on EU. I want to fix up a few things first then email them to him so he can upload for me.

unfortunately I am very busy until next week so I won't have much time to work on it. But hopefully by late next week I can have an updated version on EU featuring lots of tournament maps.

It will also hopefully be uploaded to NA under the account of a player who I was very excited to hear had tried it out, liked it and emailed me to ask if I wanted help to promote it. Who that player is will have to remain a secret until then
pAnatiC
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany123 Posts
February 22 2012 21:40 GMT
#33
*bump*
Really looking forward to see this :D
mockturtle
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States220 Posts
February 24 2012 15:55 GMT
#34
bug: the larvae timer does not continue over

for example: if i have had two larvae for 10 seconds, then save, loading the game state will give me my third larvae 15sec from save point, not 5sec from save point.

this is rather inconsequential and maybe not fixable :o
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
February 25 2012 18:42 GMT
#35
I'd love to check out this mod, EU please!
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
February 25 2012 19:11 GMT
#36
heh,

For once it's not my lazy backside which is holding things up

I have ported the mod to the following maps
+ Show Spoiler +
LADDER / TOURNAMENT:
Antiga Shipyard
Entombed Valley
Cloud Kingdom
Metalopolis
Shakuras Plateau
Shattered Temple
Tal'Darim Altar (version with rocks at 3rd. Wasn't sure which to use)

TOURNAMENT:
Dual Sight
Crevasse
Daybreak
Terminus

NOT IN COMPETITIVE USE:
Xel'naga Caverns
Bel'shir swamp (one of my own stupid untested maps)


and have emailed them to the guy who was going to be my uploader for EU... but his email account keeps bouncing emails with error messages and I can't get a hold of him. I have PMed him through teamliquid messages but haven't heard back. I'll give him a bit more time before looking for another potential uploader for the European region.

In the mean time I leave you with this clip just to be a tease



PS.
The person he is playing with clicks on the restart button near the end which restarts the whole map which is why husky gets confused.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 19:02:37
February 26 2012 19:00 GMT
#37
Good news!

SALT is now finally up and running on EU

instead of the 4 maps that there used to be there are now 13 maps
+ Show Spoiler +

LADDER / TOURNAMENT:
SALT Antiga Shipyard
SALT Entombed Valley
SALT Cloud Kingdom
SALT Metalopolis
SALT Shakuras Plateau
SALT Shattered Temple
SALT Tal'Darim Altar

TOURNAMENT:
SALT Dual Sight
SALT Crevasse
SALT Daybreak
SALT Terminus

NOT IN COMPETITIVE USE:
SALT Xel'naga Caverns
SALT Bel'shir swamp (one of my own maps, not balance tested)

on which SALT has been ported to which are all available on NA, EU and SEA*

On top of that I have edited the OP to reflect some other news items. usability is now greatly improved with control groups now recognized automatically, QXC has graciously offered to help host the maps to NA and SALT has been covered by H-to-the-usky-HUSKY (see OP for clip of a review of SALT on huskystarcraft)

I recently learned that if a game is private it does not count towards the amount of time played on a map. So if I could make a request, it would help out if games played on SALT were opened to the public even if it is a private game between you and a friend as this would help spread the visibility of this project.

Thank you for your time patience. Now get out there and "be a better gamer"
Turtles



*SEA will have to wait until after the new patch which occurs tomorrow
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
February 26 2012 20:33 GMT
#38
The mod is really cool, thanks for uploading!
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
February 26 2012 21:14 GMT
#39
Does the save function work if someone is getting disconnected from the game? If so, having this function for tournament maps would be helpful if the players would have to replay the game otherwise.
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
February 27 2012 04:37 GMT
#40
On February 27 2012 06:14 dgwow wrote:
Does the save function work if someone is getting disconnected from the game? If so, having this function for tournament maps would be helpful if the players would have to replay the game otherwise.


not at the moment. Origionally I was going to implement it by saving the file.

Blizzard allows custom maps to edit special "bank" files on a users computer. When SC2 was released the size limit on these files was about 30Kb but over time it has been dropped down to 8Kb maximum, so alas I think it will be impossible.

I have heard rumours that in HOTS you be able to rejoin a custom game after disconnecting. So if a person drops they could pause the game and that person could reconnect. Don't know how true those rumours will turn out to be.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft250
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft250
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 620
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6145
Other Games
summit1g8885
shahzam645
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde125
ArmadaUGS71
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
12h 47m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.