• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:42
CEST 07:42
KST 14:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8644 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 61

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 182 Next
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
September 11 2011 04:50 GMT
#1201
I'm not completely sure if it will solve your problem, but if you reset all the units/buildings to parent it might fix everything.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Turbogangsta
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia319 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 13:07:43
September 11 2011 13:07 GMT
#1202
i want to put a special geyser in my game which acts just like a normal geyser but returns 100 or so gas per load. anyone know how? would be much appreciated

also will changing a geyser change the map to a "custom" map instead of a melee map?
Esports is killing Esports.
turbowarrior
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada5 Posts
September 12 2011 04:47 GMT
#1203
hey guys what do you think about mech vs protoss rather than bioball
tanks are op!
LunaSaint
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom620 Posts
September 13 2011 06:26 GMT
#1204
[image loading]
Oh god, I've played with the lighting sliders and now the interface is unnaturally dark.
hobbidude
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 07:44:47
September 14 2011 07:39 GMT
#1205
Here's quite a few answers to questions from the page before and top of this page. Please just find your name.

- turtles
Does it have to be solely in triggers? It’s much easier to create a camera (it has an easy pitch adjustment) and then just assign the camera model for whenever you want in triggers instead. Creating a camera is also a whole lot easier too in that you can find the exact view you want in a map and but double clicking on the camera you can open to see the exact measurements. Even ifs its just one shot in a cinematic you can transition from one camera view to the set camera and then on to the next.


- julianto
Not to get onto the ban spam wagon , but yes spam is considered spam and can lead to a ban/suspension . Here’s a link from blizzard policies stating the spam topic . There’s a reason why the reported box has a specific tab just for spamming. I think it also depends if its actual spam to. Personally anything in lobby i don’t consider spam as im already where i need to be. In chat however there are some people that like to copy/paste blocks of the same message literally 15 times in a row as fast as they can; most people will definitely report for something like that.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=33752&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=4636


- Kinetik_Inferno
There’s two things – Yes fog doodads only show in high, ultra, or higher graphic. You can however change the graphic settings up for the editor alone since there are no worries about lag when developing.
The other thing is that even in top level graphic, fog does not show in editor as long as your in the “editor camera”; the game view camera for the editor can be turned on (hotkey “v”)- this is also how amazing in-game visuals are captured for map posts.
Also as mentioned before there is also fog that is not a doodad that can be added to maps best example being metalopolis where is there is actually no fog doodads at as – its an environment effect.


- eksert
There’s a couples ways of doing it; one is double clicking on the eggs on screen to select and then adding them to your control group with shift+number. I believe control and clicking has the affect effect as double clicking. I’ve not tested it but i think you can also do with completely without the mouse by right after making the units, press tab to select eggs and not larve and then adding to your control group (warpgate/gateways are the same way in that warpgate always receive priority and gateways have to be tabbed to be accessed)


- Turbogangsta
This is all done in the data editor (oh no QQ). Open up the editor and in data type (top-left) choose units, find the unit such a vespene geyser or rich vespene geyser. Under behaviours (down left) for the unit , click on gas to bring up the info (right side). There you can change the “stats- harvest amount” for whatever you want ( 4 is normal , 6 for rich). Just be sure if you want both regular and rich geysers in your map as well to then copy the unit to make your own (all done in the data editor) and make as many variations of geysers as you like.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
September 14 2011 13:32 GMT
#1206
LunaSaint
Oh god, I've played with the lighting sliders and now the interface is unnaturally dark.


I assume that this is not what you want?
an easy fix would be to create a new map with the same texture set and look at the values there, write them down and then copy into your current map
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 14:05:54
September 14 2011 14:05 GMT
#1207
On September 13 2011 15:26 LunaSaint wrote:
Oh god, I've played with the lighting sliders and now the interface is unnaturally dark.


You also might be able to reset the lighting by going to your current texture set in the data editor and setting the "lighting" field to another value.
This is it... the alpaca lips.
Turbogangsta
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia319 Posts
September 14 2011 15:03 GMT
#1208
On September 14 2011 16:39 hobbidude wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
- Turbogangsta
This is all done in the data editor (oh no QQ). Open up the editor and in data type (top-left) choose units, find the unit such a vespene geyser or rich vespene geyser. Under behaviours (down left) for the unit , click on gas to bring up the info (right side). There you can change the “stats- harvest amount” for whatever you want ( 4 is normal , 6 for rich). Just be sure if you want both regular and rich geysers in your map as well to then copy the unit to make your own (all done in the data editor) and make as many variations of geysers as you like.



thank you so much. very clear on consise. your a community hero
Esports is killing Esports.
Roberi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden347 Posts
September 14 2011 21:53 GMT
#1209
Hi! Very simple question. I was wondering if there is an updated custom map equal or similar to (Custom) Hero Line War Lition of Warcraft 3. I very much enjoyed to play those maps on the old WC3, would be sweet to play them on SC2 as well.

Did some googling, but found only one Hero Line War map from May 2010. Is there any other, more up to date version?

Thanks for any replies!
A fan of ThorZaIN, MorroW, NaNiwa and SaSe. Sweden Fighting! /// @rob_eri
Aeternus
Profile Joined August 2011
United States29 Posts
September 15 2011 14:41 GMT
#1210
I was learning the map editor by making a simple tower defence, however in data whenever I type something into the right side to change a duplicate I made it causes the hotkeys for the search area to activate sending me to effects or similar, Is there any way to change this? Can't find any answers on google.
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
September 16 2011 14:40 GMT
#1211
Since iCCup.tv is renamed ESV.tv and has also a mapmaking team, I was wondering if they will change the name of former iCCup maps (like testbug) to ESV *.
Lythox
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands161 Posts
September 16 2011 22:05 GMT
#1212
Usually when I make a map I surround it with water. However this time I decided not to. Now it's like the lowest possible ground around my map, but I can't place any trees / spires etc on it, and I see this a lot on other maps. (think of metalopolis with a ton of buildings very low where you can never reach with units.) Can anyone tell me how I can decorate on those places as well?
fenX
Profile Joined February 2011
France127 Posts
September 16 2011 22:22 GMT
#1213
On September 17 2011 07:05 Lythox wrote:
Usually when I make a map I surround it with water. However this time I decided not to. Now it's like the lowest possible ground around my map, but I can't place any trees / spires etc on it, and I see this a lot on other maps. (think of metalopolis with a ton of buildings very low where you can never reach with units.) Can anyone tell me how I can decorate on those places as well?

Hold shift key while placing doodads.
My map thread : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=195518
LuxVenture
Profile Joined August 2011
United States72 Posts
September 18 2011 16:56 GMT
#1214
Does anyone know of a typing program that would specifically help with training the left hand for keyboard memory?

I never learned to type at a fast rate when I was young (did not base my hand position off of the positional home rows everyone learns for QWERTY keyboards). When I play SC2, sometimes in the heat of the moment I have to take my eyes off the screen to make sure my hand is not drifting--nothing more frustrating that to mis-micro my units then look down to realize I was furiously tapping the wrong control group. :D

I have explored typing programs on the web, but they're all geared toward using both hands at the same time, and I'm more concerned with training my left hand to interface properly than learn how to synchronize both hands. Anyone know of a program? Or any bamf's capable of making a basic program?

Thanks!
Reviction
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11 Posts
September 19 2011 20:56 GMT
#1215
I am looking to create a slightly modified version of existing tournament maps to streamline the practice process. Specifically I want to

1.) Have a selection at the map screen for spawning positions (e.g. Cross, close by air, etc)

2.) Add in game function where with a simple chat command (e.g. "GG" typed by both players does a full insta reset of the map)

Sadly though, I don't know very much about the editor and don;t want to spend hours pouring voer the documentation in order to add just these two basic things. Could someone direct me to exactly what I would need to learn (or where the documentation is) to add these specific functions?
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
September 20 2011 22:42 GMT
#1216
I'd love to have a Settlers of Catan mod on StarCraft 2. Didn't anyone do this yet? I tried to look for it but found nothing.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 12:58:28
September 21 2011 12:54 GMT
#1217
On September 20 2011 05:56 Reviction wrote:
I am looking to create a slightly modified version of existing tournament maps to streamline the practice process. Specifically I want to

1.) Have a selection at the map screen for spawning positions (e.g. Cross, close by air, etc)

2.) Add in game function where with a simple chat command (e.g. "GG" typed by both players does a full insta reset of the map)


I'm currently exploring the capabilities of the trigger editor for my own UMS project and am in the exploring stage.

I was going to give you a few hints as to what you should look into... and then I had to make sure that some of it would actually work... and then I somehow ended up deep in code. oops lol.

either way I ended up making something which seems to be the kind of thing you were thinking.
* at the start players can choose their race and spawn location
* each player types "gl hf" to get the game started
* each player types "gg" to restart the game
* there is a referee (a lyote) which keeps track of the score over multpile games. (last player who types "gg" is considered the winner)

There are several shortcomings that are yet to be adressed
* there are several possibilities for race conditions (the galaxy editor has good capabilities for enforcing mutual exclusion in critical sections, so it wouldn't be hard to fix)
* it is currently set up for 2 players on a 4 spawn location map (but I wrote all the code with multiple players and spawn locations in mind so it should only require small configuration changes to fix that)
* it is on metalopolis which is no longer a tournament map (I already had this map on my computer and couldn't be bothered downloading other ones. However the code should be able to be copy pasted to other maps)
* it does not restore destructible rocks when resetting the map (wrote it on metal which has no rocks)
* many many other shortcomings / areas of improvement.

Do you think this would be a useful practice tool? (after a few issues fixed up of course) If so I might iron out some of the kinks and do a more polished version. (feel free to use the stuff I made, as long as credit is given)

EDIT: forgot to include a link to the map
link to the map file
once the map is downloaded drag-and-drop onto the starcraft 2 icon and it should load up (or choose open with)
Vulture174
Profile Joined February 2011
United States74 Posts
September 21 2011 13:50 GMT
#1218
Would any of you experienced map makers be up for hopping on Skype with me and going over some of the basics with me sometime. I have played around with the map maker a little but am a total noob that has a lot of very basic things to learn. I'm kind of the type of person that needs to be talked through things. Anyway pm me if you want to help out. I am on eastern time in the US. I am also a very artistic person so I would love to work together with people on making maps pretty once I learn how to.
Have a cookie!
Reviction
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11 Posts
September 21 2011 15:57 GMT
#1219
On September 21 2011 21:54 turtles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 05:56 Reviction wrote:
I am looking to create a slightly modified version of existing tournament maps to streamline the practice process. Specifically I want to

1.) Have a selection at the map screen for spawning positions (e.g. Cross, close by air, etc)

2.) Add in game function where with a simple chat command (e.g. "GG" typed by both players does a full insta reset of the map)


I'm currently exploring the capabilities of the trigger editor for my own UMS project and am in the exploring stage.

I was going to give you a few hints as to what you should look into... and then I had to make sure that some of it would actually work... and then I somehow ended up deep in code. oops lol.

either way I ended up making something which seems to be the kind of thing you were thinking.
* at the start players can choose their race and spawn location
* each player types "gl hf" to get the game started
* each player types "gg" to restart the game
* there is a referee (a lyote) which keeps track of the score over multpile games. (last player who types "gg" is considered the winner)

There are several shortcomings that are yet to be adressed
* there are several possibilities for race conditions (the galaxy editor has good capabilities for enforcing mutual exclusion in critical sections, so it wouldn't be hard to fix)
* it is currently set up for 2 players on a 4 spawn location map (but I wrote all the code with multiple players and spawn locations in mind so it should only require small configuration changes to fix that)
* it is on metalopolis which is no longer a tournament map (I already had this map on my computer and couldn't be bothered downloading other ones. However the code should be able to be copy pasted to other maps)
* it does not restore destructible rocks when resetting the map (wrote it on metal which has no rocks)
* many many other shortcomings / areas of improvement.

Do you think this would be a useful practice tool? (after a few issues fixed up of course) If so I might iron out some of the kinks and do a more polished version. (feel free to use the stuff I made, as long as credit is given)

EDIT: forgot to include a link to the map
link to the map file
once the map is downloaded drag-and-drop onto the starcraft 2 icon and it should load up (or choose open with)


Wow, I downloaded this and its fantastic. Its pretty much what I was thinking, but with a better overall template. This is frankly exactly what I need to help me practice. I'm really impressed with it. By all means please continue working on this, I'll help with whatever I can but my pgrogramming skill is basically nil.

Overall the template is good and with the addition of resetting destructible rocks would be ready to put a test version or two out there for comments. If you want to communicate with me more privately just send me a PM :D I'm really looking forewards to do doing this.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
September 22 2011 01:04 GMT
#1220
Reviction: most of my free time that I'm willing to put into mapping is going to be spent on another project I'm working on for a competition that ends on 30th Sept.

If you wanted to pay me back I could get you to play test it (once it's in a more working state). After that I'll have IRL things to deal with. After that I could probably clean up this and fix some of the issues. It would be pretty cool if it became a common place tool. Just think of all the groupies :D
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft694
PiGStarcraft208
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 556
Stork 221
ggaemo 161
Leta 145
PianO 55
Hyuk 35
yabsab 19
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm216
League of Legends
JimRising 699
Reynor15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King257
Westballz50
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor653
Other Games
summit1g8986
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0305
Sick142
RuFF_SC2116
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick655
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2204
League of Legends
• Lourlo1372
• Stunt353
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 18m
Online Event
5h 18m
FEL
10h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.