• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9152 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 59

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 182 Next
eery1
Profile Joined June 2010
52 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-20 11:08:58
August 20 2011 10:45 GMT
#1161
[edit: wrong thread, sorreh]
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
August 24 2011 00:08 GMT
#1162
On August 19 2011 02:01 fAiLeDaWaY wrote:
[image loading]
got any idea how to get the minimap back? game minimap doesnt work the same way....


ive had this bug and i tried a multitude of things to fix it; in the end the easiest thing was to copy and paste everything onto a new map
starleague forever
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 03:06:19
August 24 2011 02:47 GMT
#1163
I was wondering if anyone knows about any bugs in the terrain rotation. I've been working on another "concept map" with the same 180x180 playable dimensions as my last one, but it seems as though it is taller than it is wide. I took a piece of terrain that I was working on, the full upper left corner, and rotated it 90* clockwise -- it left about a 3 tile gap after getting it settled in the upper right corner. Then I took the entire top and did a 180* rotation, but after getting it flush with the bottom, it left about a 10 tile gap. Anyone else experience this? I've google searched but haven't really come up with anything relevant.

Edit: Sigh, I know what I did... I confused the meaning of the yellow and blue lines..... plz disregard. (unless of course you did what I did in which case the lesson to be learned is that the blue line is the playable bound, and the yellow line is the "where the camera stops" line, the camera being in the middle of the screen and hence seeing more than just where its bound line is)

Edit2: For reference, Flop, what I was trying to do was simply fit one corner into another corner. The reason there was a gap in between was because I shaped the corner to about 95% of the area (so like, the corner is 90x90 so I only shaped a 86x86 area) so that my land masses wouldn't overlap. The problem was not the gap itself but the fact that the gap was different horizontally than it was vertically. The real culprit however was PEBKAC.
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 24 2011 02:54 GMT
#1164
I don't really understand what you're trying to do. Why is there a gap? I mean it always pastes a bit more terrain that you copied which is blank terrain, are you talking about that? If not I have no idea what you mean.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
August 24 2011 03:26 GMT
#1165
Also, has anyone figured out how to make "vertical" minerals? I've messed around with the data editor a little bit and messing with the minerals does not seem as easy as messing with the Xel'Naga tower (which is just sooo easy, right?). I've played with transforming the footprint and the model mainly, but it seems every change I make just messes it up and it winds up getting placed as if it were a Protoss Decal (i.e. freehand, not snapping to the grid).
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 19:43:30
August 24 2011 19:04 GMT
#1166
nvm
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
August 25 2011 13:22 GMT
#1167
How do you set a destruction timer on a watchtower like in xelnaga fortress.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 27 2011 03:24 GMT
#1168
Not sure how he did it there but one way to do it is to add terran building burndown and make it burn from the beginning of the game. Then you just need to give it enough hitpoints to make it destroy at the time you want.

If that makes any sense.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
August 27 2011 16:52 GMT
#1169
On August 27 2011 12:24 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Not sure how he did it there but one way to do it is to add terran building burndown and make it burn from the beginning of the game. Then you just need to give it enough hitpoints to make it destroy at the time you want.

If that makes any sense.


I have spent like 2 hours on the map maker trying to do this but failed. If I add that behavior to any existing unit the map becomes custom.
aneruok
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada122 Posts
August 27 2011 19:08 GMT
#1170
Looking for ffa observer maps.

a map in which when the game ends you dont die and the whole map is revealed so you can watch.

anyone know where these might be or if they are even available?
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 28 2011 02:02 GMT
#1171
On August 28 2011 01:52 Sea_Food wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2011 12:24 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Not sure how he did it there but one way to do it is to add terran building burndown and make it burn from the beginning of the game. Then you just need to give it enough hitpoints to make it destroy at the time you want.

If that makes any sense.


I have spent like 2 hours on the map maker trying to do this but failed. If I add that behavior to any existing unit the map becomes custom.

You can't change anything in the data editor without making the map displayed as custom. Doesn't matter though, it's still gonna be a melee map.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
August 28 2011 09:19 GMT
#1172
On August 28 2011 11:02 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2011 01:52 Sea_Food wrote:
On August 27 2011 12:24 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Not sure how he did it there but one way to do it is to add terran building burndown and make it burn from the beginning of the game. Then you just need to give it enough hitpoints to make it destroy at the time you want.

If that makes any sense.


I have spent like 2 hours on the map maker trying to do this but failed. If I add that behavior to any existing unit the map becomes custom.

You can't change anything in the data editor without making the map displayed as custom. Doesn't matter though, it's still gonna be a melee map.


Thanks. Everything makes so little sence.
Knockoutpill
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden23 Posts
August 29 2011 19:28 GMT
#1173
I just downloaded YABOT and I'm eager to try it out. When I start it I always spawn as protoss and I'm not interested in learning protoss build orders.

How do I spawn as terran?

I have been reading the YABOT wiki pages, searching the forums on sc2mapster, googling for "yabot change race", searching for race options in the SC2 Editor but... nothing.

Anyone?

The "best" information I found was this: http://www.sc2mapster.com/wiki/galaxy/data/races/ and it tells me absolutely nothing. "You can define your own races, try duplicate zerg". Thanks! I'll try the "duplicate zerg" race!
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2064646/Kyuss
Salts
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada32 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 22:57:39
August 29 2011 22:56 GMT
#1174
Twice now I've made a 1v1 map with 2 spawn locations, only to find that after I publish the map, it's apparently only a 1 player map (it won't let me add AI or anything in the pre-game menu). The first time I was able to fix the problem by putting a third spawn location over top of one of the first two, but it's annoying having to publish the same map multiple times in order to make some counterintuitive fix.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it in the future? I'm worried that the game is going to spawn two players right next to each other if I simply overlap spawn locations.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 30 2011 02:37 GMT
#1175
Map > Player Properties

Set Player 2 or Hostile or whatever it's name is to user.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
bboy
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia30 Posts
August 30 2011 03:55 GMT
#1176
With the new patch incoming 1.4 and the raven HSM speed now outpacing workers drone/scv/probes speeds. Do the HSM target the drone after it has been launched and say if i select the group of drones to burrow ?

If they still do target that particular drone even when my selected group of drones have burrowed is there also an aoe dmg ?
60% of the time, it works everytime
RevoNinja
Profile Joined June 2011
United States59 Posts
August 30 2011 03:56 GMT
#1177
to get the sc1 units u need to create a new map and there will be an opton im pretty sure.
"I skipped studying for my final to watch lord if the rings. I shall not pass"
El Caz
Profile Joined April 2010
Panama48 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 18:00:18
August 31 2011 15:25 GMT
#1178
Is it a bannable or reportable offense or does Blizzard specifically prohibit or frown upon creating maps where you sculpt the ground into the shape of a naked woman?

I've been thinking of doing this for a while but I'm wondering if it can get my account in trouble. Also, is there an option where I can lock a map so it can be played privately or with specific people and not the general populace, in order to avoid corrupting the fragile minds of impressionable or easily offended folks?

Edit: Found my answer (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=33752). I'm not going to risk something artistic being considered vulgar or obscene. I'm seriously considering giving her a bikini.
Salts
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada32 Posts
September 03 2011 08:50 GMT
#1179
On August 30 2011 11:37 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Map > Player Properties

Set Player 2 or Hostile or whatever it's name is to user.

I actually wound up figuring it out on my own and felt like an idiot after words (not that there isn't something inherently confusing about being able to place multiple spawn locations without being told that they have to be set to USER to do anything).

Thanks for the response though.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
September 05 2011 03:42 GMT
#1180
I have a problem with zoom in/out in the editor. Whenever I try to use my scroll wheel to zoom in, it zooms out instead. It feels sort of like I'm trying to get a car out of a mud ditch, like it'll start going in for an instant and then it will start zooming out. Scrolling out acts normally. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Right now I'm using shift + right click + move cursor back and forth in order to scroll in and out. It's a little annoying. =\
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 90
ViBE76
SpeCial 65
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm140
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4741
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 814
shahzam597
JimRising 391
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe208
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King49
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie753
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 17m
Online Event
11h 17m
FEL
16h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.