• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:14
CEST 12:14
KST 19:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 149

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 182 Next
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-30 17:16:45
January 30 2015 17:16 GMT
#2961
On January 31 2015 02:12 TheSkunk wrote:
Hey, when I place Rock Towers near each-other they automatically share health. Any way to stop this? Super confusing and unexpected.

Ah, the good old conjoined behavior. Iirc going to the Rock Tower's data and unboxing/deleting the Conjoined behavior should do the trick.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
NinjaDuckBob
Profile Joined March 2014
187 Posts
January 30 2015 22:07 GMT
#2962
Not sure if this will be a simple question/answer or not, but the guidelines say I should try here before creating a thread.

When I try to add a texture, it does not add it/paint it on, except for a single texture. Only thing that really works for changing textures is replace texture (but it replaces all of the texture, I just want the brush area) and fill texture (again, I only want brush area).

I will note that I have made a custom texture pack made up of textures from several texture packs.

Any ideas on how to fix?
NinjaDuckBob ~ Fear the fuzzy!
TheSkunk
Profile Joined September 2010
82 Posts
January 30 2015 22:59 GMT
#2963
You have to switch your entire texture set, and then switch back to the texture set you want. Make sure it converts them right. (You can click the texture icons on the right to select which texture -- make sure two of your current textures aren't being changed into one of the new texture, etc.)
ilovegroov
Profile Joined January 2015
357 Posts
February 03 2015 11:45 GMT
#2964
Where can I find the latest version of the analyzer?
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 03 2015 11:46 GMT
#2965
On February 03 2015 20:45 ilovegroov wrote:
Where can I find the latest version of the analyzer?

Right there
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
TheSkunk
Profile Joined September 2010
82 Posts
February 03 2015 14:03 GMT
#2966
Is there a commonly known/accepted "range" your doodad count should be in? I swore I read some guideline/recommendation on this recently, but I can't find it. As it is, I've just been trying to make my doodad count between Akilon Wastes and Ohana.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
February 03 2015 14:18 GMT
#2967
Ohana was a ladder map at some point. I'm sure it wouldn't have been if it were an actual problem for some computers to handle. You should be perfectly fine at Ohana levels. I don't know how far you could go before it becomes a problem.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 03 2015 14:23 GMT
#2968
Concerning doodads you got to keep in mind that it's not only the pure doodads count that matters, but also their placement on the map. Doodads placed where others ressources-heavy elements are (water...) will use more ressources than if they were placed in a blank space. It's also possible that your doodads placement creates a FPS drop in a specific spot of the map, which is bad and gets your map modified or refused if it is considered for ladder according to Psione's post in the TLMC thread.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
ilovegroov
Profile Joined January 2015
357 Posts
February 03 2015 17:24 GMT
#2969
On February 03 2015 20:46 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2015 20:45 ilovegroov wrote:
Where can I find the latest version of the analyzer?

Right there


Oh god that is ten times more convenient than the old fucking with the text document thing!
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
February 06 2015 20:54 GMT
#2970
Why are rotational symmetry maps ok but not asymmetric maps? Rotational maps present HUGE asymmetry with base placement etc. What are peoples thoughts on semi-symmetrical/"balanced" asymmetric maps? Maps with similar distances and proportions but with different/altered layouts for each player.
Casual Mapmaker
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 06 2015 21:17 GMT
#2971
On February 07 2015 05:54 SwedenTheKid wrote:
Why are rotational symmetry maps ok but not asymmetric maps? Rotational maps present HUGE asymmetry with base placement etc. What are peoples thoughts on semi-symmetrical/"balanced" asymmetric maps? Maps with similar distances and proportions but with different/altered layouts for each player.

Well rotational symmetry maps don't present huge asymmetry, they present a rotational kind of symmetry d:
Nah seriously double answer here :
-In theory an asymmetrical map that would be balanced would be a viable map, afaik there were some asymmetrical maps in BW (? unsure about that though)
-However, and that is the big issue, players will always complain about an asymmetrical map just because of it being asymmetrical, giving the loser the feeling that his side of the map was disavantaged against the other side. And you can't really blame them ; what would you think of two players playing Tennis on an asymmetrical field? Thus since no one will ever want to play on one, you'll never be able to prove that it is balanced. (and aside from that, considering how difficult it is to make a balanced map allowing for various playstyles already, I don't think it would be possible to make a balanced asymmetrical map)
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-06 21:26:40
February 06 2015 21:22 GMT
#2972
On February 07 2015 05:54 SwedenTheKid wrote:
Why are rotational symmetry maps ok but not asymmetric maps?

Because people, both players and map designers, are stupid and think in words, not concepts.
  • Rotationally symmetric -> symmetry -> "balanced"
  • Asymmetric -> no symmetry -> "imbalanced"
With all those bullshit rotationally "symmetric" maps entered in TLMC4 I was seriously considering making a completely asymmetric three-player map, but I didn't quite find a good layout that was also interesting in itself. Also, I dislike doing aesthetic work, and completely asymmetric maps of course mean more aesthetic work. So I never did get around to making such a map. However, I definitely plan on making one eventually.

In general, my personal opinion isn't that we should have asymmetric two-player maps (although having one ore two might be interesting, if only for a while) but that we should have less rotationally "symmetric" maps. Many map designers crave rotational symmetry because it makes it super easy to fit a layout on a square canvas without having to worry too much about rush distances, and worrying about positional balances seems to be over the head of many here anyway (just look at Nimbus) since they think in words, not concepts. ("Symmetry!")

On February 07 2015 06:17 OtherWorld wrote:
I don't think it would be possible to make a balanced asymmetrical map.
"I don't think it would be possible to make a rotational four-player map with balanced close spawns."

I don't necessarily disagree with you there, I just wanted to make sure you realized what you just said.
not a community mapmaker
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 06 2015 21:27 GMT
#2973
On February 07 2015 06:22 And G wrote:

Show nested quote +
On February 07 2015 06:17 OtherWorld wrote:
I don't think it would be possible to make a balanced asymmetrical map.
"I don't think it would be possible to make a rotational four-player map with balanced close spawns."

I don't necessarily disagree with you there, I just wanted to make sure you realized what you just said.

Why wouldn't I?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
February 06 2015 21:37 GMT
#2974
On February 07 2015 06:27 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2015 06:22 And G wrote:

On February 07 2015 06:17 OtherWorld wrote:
I don't think it would be possible to make a balanced asymmetrical map.
"I don't think it would be possible to make a rotational four-player map with balanced close spawns."

I don't necessarily disagree with you there, I just wanted to make sure you realized what you just said.

Why wouldn't I?

Well it's quite the controversial statement, seemingly disproven by maps such as Whirlwind. Many map designers here (the thinks-in-words type) will probably immediately agree with your statement but not my translation of it. I think we're on the same page, though.

By the way, maps in BW are generally less symmetric than in SC2. For example, Lost Temple was a weird mix between axial and rotational symmetry. However, distances work a lot different in BW compared to SC2 so it's much less of an issue there.
not a community mapmaker
gnj
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany10 Posts
February 08 2015 18:12 GMT
#2975
Hey everyone, i have two questions:

When testing my map I get the following error: "USER: Invalid preplaced Unit: Psilndoctrinator"

The Unit is actually not part of the map. I've tried to remove it via "find/replace" but couldnt get it fixed. Any idea how to resolve this?

The second Issue is with a Unit called "Sphere". It will be visible once you have vision on it, but not inside the fog of war. How can I get it to be visible inside the fog of war like other units (for example the Unit "Capitol Statue")?

I really hope someone can help me out.

Greets, gnj
NinjaDuckBob
Profile Joined March 2014
187 Posts
February 09 2015 02:24 GMT
#2976
Question:

I see people post high-res images of their maps that look like the map preview from "Export Map Image." However, whenever I try to export the image, it's in a format that doesn't seem to be viewable by my applications. Do I need to open it in something like GIMP and then change the format or is there something I'm missing?
NinjaDuckBob ~ Fear the fuzzy!
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
February 09 2015 03:27 GMT
#2977
On February 09 2015 11:24 NinjaDuckBob wrote:
Question:

I see people post high-res images of their maps that look like the map preview from "Export Map Image." However, whenever I try to export the image, it's in a format that doesn't seem to be viewable by my applications. Do I need to open it in something like GIMP and then change the format or is there something I'm missing?

TGA is understood by pretty much every program, but can't be uploaded anywhere since it's typically uncompressed. You should convert your exported overviews to PNG with an image editing program or image viewer. GIMP has a horrible UI so if you have no experience with it I'd suggest either XnView or IrfanView; either will do the job.


Question:
Is it at all possible to disable the partial occlusion/transparency of LOS blockers without disqualifying the map for melee games? Reason I ask is that I use some of those doodads purely for aesthetics (without the footprints) and changing the models data has no effect since it's overriden by the actor data which can't be changed for melee maps.
not a community mapmaker
gnj
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany10 Posts
February 09 2015 09:36 GMT
#2978
Question: How do I get a custom preview Image for a meele map to show? Ive tried .tga .dds .png but it always shows the standard generated minimap when loading the map. Im talking about the small image inside the box, not the background image.
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
February 09 2015 10:58 GMT
#2979
You need to do three things.
  1. Export your map overview. Preview images cannot be larger than 600 pixels vertically, so keep that in mind when exporting. Also, the format has to be DDS or TGA so if you use GIMP or whatever to edit your image, save either of those.
  2. Go to Modules -> Import (or press F9), right click in the empty window on the left, select Import Files, uncheck all checkboxes by unchecking StarCraft II at the very top, then navigate to your image file and check only that file, then click OK. Your image should now appear in the left window. Close the Import window and save the map.
  3. Go to Map -> Map Info, in the Preview Image dropdown menu near the bottom select Custom Image, click the Browse button to the right and select the file you just imported.
And that's it.
not a community mapmaker
gnj
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany10 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-09 12:13:15
February 09 2015 11:44 GMT
#2980
Thats exactly what i did, still doesnt work

512x512 .tga or .dds, imported the file and selected it as a Custom Image.

Do I have to publish the map first for it to work? I've only tried "Test Map" so far.
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 8626
StarCastTV_EN153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 265
Lowko149
ProTech65
Rex 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5957
EffOrt 2355
Larva 1263
BeSt 1010
Horang2 703
Hyuk 578
ZerO 439
Zeus 205
soO 165
Hyun 131
[ Show more ]
Stork 129
Killer 105
Light 94
Barracks 93
Rush 65
Shinee 59
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Terrorterran 25
Mong 24
PianO 22
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 642
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
KnowMe21
Counter-Strike
byalli732
Other Games
singsing1666
olofmeister1540
crisheroes226
Livibee183
Sick130
ArmadaUGS58
Mew2King48
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 117
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1997
• Stunt373
Other Games
• WagamamaTV144
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
46m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.