• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7337 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 147

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 182 Next
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
December 06 2014 01:19 GMT
#2921
also, holding ctrl allows you to drag objects on the exact center or border of tiles.
"Not you."
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
December 06 2014 01:30 GMT
#2922
Thanks guys!
Casual Mapmaker
MorroLord
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy4 Posts
December 18 2014 18:06 GMT
#2923
Hello! i search about a good Bracket Maker, with editing possibilities.. any tips?
Thanks
yeah
javascripter
Profile Joined September 2014
14 Posts
December 23 2014 17:04 GMT
#2924
Is there a way to lower all the land on a map equally? I started it out a little to high for water to work.

Also, is there a way to use triggers to raise supply depots? And does it matter whether or not it is currently lowered?
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
December 23 2014 17:18 GMT
#2925
I don't think you can lower the land, however you can change the height of the water easily. I have no idea about your second question, but I think it is possible, since raising the depot is an ability that the player can use.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
javascripter
Profile Joined September 2014
14 Posts
December 23 2014 17:19 GMT
#2926
Yes, but water on raises to a max of 48 height or something like that, and my lowered cliff areas are above that. Which was somewhat of a mistake.
javascripter
Profile Joined September 2014
14 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-23 20:23:24
December 23 2014 18:59 GMT
#2927
Also, using a trigger with two events that will trigger it, how do I set it up so that I can later do something differently depending on which one happened? (increment a variable if one happens and decrements a variable if another happens?)

And does setting a variable equal to "+" increment it?

EDIT: It doesn't, how do you increment/decrement a variable?
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
December 23 2014 23:07 GMT
#2928
is there a way to use triggers to raise supply depots?


Go into the data editor and look at supply depots in the units tab (or lowered supply depots if they are a seperate unit). It will have a section called abilities on of which will be for lowering/raising. In the triggers section you want "issue unit order" trigger. Select the order and chose "order with no target" and select the ability.

Some abilities do different things based on which parameter you give them for example 0 might be raise and 1 might be lower. So you might have to use another trigger to select which one. I think it's something like "ability command for ability" in the trigger editor. I don't have it in front of me so I can't give you specifics. Hopefully I gave enough info to give you a lead though.

Also, using a trigger with two events that will trigger it, how do I set it up so that I can later do something differently depending on which one happened? (increment a variable if one happens and decrements a variable if another happens?)


If you are not familliar with programming then I recomend that you find a beginners tutorial about functions, triggers, different variable types etc. It will teach you what you need to know.

If you are familliar with programming then you need two seperate triggers calling a function (the editor calls functions with no return type "action defenitions") with different parameters based on which trigger fired.

how do you increment/decrement a variable?


Doing basic maths:

Say you have a variable x which is an integer.

use the function "set variable" and set the variable to x. As for the right hand side of the equation click it and go to functions and look into the math section or just type in the search field. Search for one called something like "arithmatic (integer)" or somethjing like that. set the two fields as x and 1.

It will end up looking like "x = x + 1"

Short cut for modifying a variable

There is a function called "modify variable (int)" which is a shortcut for the above if you only want to increment/decrement/other a variable.
javascripter
Profile Joined September 2014
14 Posts
December 24 2014 01:46 GMT
#2929
Sweet. It turned out "issue order" works for activating abilities. And I found the bit for math you were talking about.

I do know programming. How do I call the action definition (I find calling them definitions strange though) from the trigger?
(Also, I haven't heard of "trigger" in programming. Is it kinda like an event or interrupt? (I think those are fairly similar?))
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
December 24 2014 02:18 GMT
#2930
I do know programming.


I should have just looked at your name

I haven't heard of "trigger" in programming. Is it kinda like an event or interrupt? (I think those are fairly similar?))


To me a trigger is a function which gets called when it's event happens. An event is something like "unit dies", so every time a unit dies SC2 will call that function. But I've heard others refer to EVERYTHING in the trigger editor as a trigger so I'm not sure what the proper term to use is. But yes, to my understanding it's exactly like an event or interupt.

How do I call the action definition


I'm assuming you're using the GUI. (there are ways you can write the script by hand in a text editor and import it, maybe that would feel more natural to you but I think the GUI is quite good)

Bottom left is a list of all the functions/triggers/action definitions. You can right click and it will come down with a menu. One of them is "create action definition". It's silly when an "action definition" is just a regular function which returns NULL but for some reason Blizzard decided they had to give it a different name to confuse people.

click on the newly created action definition and you will see sections for parameters, variables, and actions. Right click the parameters and click "new parameter" and chose what variable type the parameters will be.

Once your action definition is set up go to the trigger and create new action. The action definition should be there in the list of possible actions. You can set the parameters to call it with.
javascripter
Profile Joined September 2014
14 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-24 06:25:23
December 24 2014 02:30 GMT
#2931
The GUI isn't amazing, but it also isn't horrible, and it is Way better than labview, Which I have had to do before.
If I could convert the stuff from the GUI to code and back on the Fly, I might do that, but I'M lazy and don't like to learn whole New languages. (especially the stuff I'M asking about Here)

I didn't even think of looking for the name of the function.

How do I set up something to log the current value of int variables? That would be helpful for debugging.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
December 28 2014 19:56 GMT
#2932
im making a 4p rotational map and the symmetry tool is fucking up some things, most notably mineral lines. Is that to be expected? Do I just have to place the resources manually?
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
December 28 2014 23:46 GMT
#2933
You want to use a 90 degree top-down camera view when using the symmetry tool
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
December 29 2014 03:22 GMT
#2934
How do I set up something to log the current value of int variables? That would be helpful for debugging.


There is a debugger you can use though I don't like it much. Look under file->preferences or something and you have to start the game in windowed mode.

I've created my own debbugging tools library which I use sometimes but no matter what approach I take there are downsides to it. I'm yet to find a good way to log actions for later debugging.
sleightofderppro
Profile Joined January 2015
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-01-06 20:21:38
January 06 2015 20:18 GMT
#2935
Where are the Terran Vehicle and Ship Weapons/Plating upgrade in the editor? Like the HotS upgrades where both are together. Only the WoL upgrades show up in the search/armory and I've quadruple checked to make sure I'm on the HotS editor, and I can't find it. Here is my search page, as you can see I made a new mod just to be sure it's on HotS
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
January 08 2015 14:45 GMT
#2936
Ok so I wanted to make a map or two during this week of free time I have, but my editor has an unexpected bug. Here's what happens : I can place units, doodads, regions, etc, but once they are placed I can't select them (to move them for example). Example : I place a gas geyser, then press space to switch in selection mode, my cursor gains a 'S' near it, but when clicking or boxing the geyser nothing happens, just like if I was boxing an empty area.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
ward4321123
Profile Joined January 2015
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-01-08 17:39:58
January 08 2015 17:39 GMT
#2937
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
JaredStarr
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada115 Posts
January 09 2015 00:56 GMT
#2938
[image loading]

Would this work as a 4th and up base in melee?
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
January 09 2015 02:20 GMT
#2939
Maybe? It depends on the rest of the map...
Casual Mapmaker
JaredStarr
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada115 Posts
January 09 2015 04:56 GMT
#2940
There's no obvious issues though? Tanks?

Mineral line would face the map center, hallways on either side and. Main would be somewhere behind it.
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM605
TaKeTV 179
IndyStarCraft 117
BRAT_OK 107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 605
TKL 222
ProTech138
IndyStarCraft 117
BRAT_OK 107
UpATreeSC 71
Rex 45
Codebar 44
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1001
EffOrt 597
Mini 531
ggaemo 211
firebathero 192
Dewaltoss 114
Rush 78
Barracks 68
910 64
Sea.KH 59
[ Show more ]
Zeus 59
Hyun 50
Shine 47
Killer 38
Shinee 36
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 24
soO 23
Sexy 17
Trap 13
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva4406
Dendi1688
Counter-Strike
Fnx 763
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1003
Liquid`Hasu351
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2289
singsing1939
B2W.Neo505
Beastyqt327
ceh9319
Sick185
ArmadaUGS126
C9.Mang062
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream521
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile129
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2917
• TFBlade734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV267
• Shiphtur9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.