• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:40
CEST 22:40
KST 05:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7952 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 146

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 182 Next
StealthToast
Profile Joined May 2014
Greece10 Posts
November 15 2014 15:26 GMT
#2901
Does anyone know if it'll be possible to convert HotS maps to LotV ones once the expansion is out? Or at least keep them as HotS maps? I've read that LotV's editor is the same version that was used in Heroes of the Storm (hence why LotV is standalone), and I'm worried on whether or not I'd need to start my data/triggers from scratch. :X
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
November 15 2014 15:34 GMT
#2902
If it's the same as transitions from WOL to HOTS then you might need to make a few new patches to make sure it works but you're not going to have to start from scratch. There will probably be only one or two lines which function differently.
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
November 16 2014 07:51 GMT
#2903
Does anyone know how to make neutral/hostile units (supply depots, missile turrets etc.) visible through the fog of war like rocks and xel'naga towers? I had the idea of hostile missile turrets behind a base (far enough away not to kill overlords that might hatch) to help deal with air raids/drops. Can I find this in unit traits? And is it a viable map mechanic?
Casual Mapmaker
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
November 17 2014 01:11 GMT
#2904
Wouldn't neutral units be visible anyway if they belong to player 0? When maps had burrowed supply depots at the bottom of ramps weren't they visible?

If you allowed yourself to make it a non-melee map then all you would have to do is open the trigger editor and share map vission between relevant players.
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
November 17 2014 03:04 GMT
#2905
Ok sounds good. Didn't want to change it to a non melee map, but I think it can be done.
On a second note, does this sort of natural work? Has it been done before? Core building can add to the nat wall-off.
[image loading]
Casual Mapmaker
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-17 09:34:45
November 17 2014 09:34 GMT
#2906
On November 17 2014 12:04 SwedenTheKid wrote:
Ok sounds good. Didn't want to change it to a non melee map, but I think it can be done.
On a second note, does this sort of natural work? Has it been done before? Core building can add to the nat wall-off.
[image loading]

Hmm I don't see why it wouldn't work. The creep covers the wall, you can wall with a reasonable amount of buildings (wait, how wide is the wall actually?) and you can park an overlord on the side of the wall. Sounds good, just make sure you don't have a cannon rush spot in your mineral line, I think there may be one (but I'm not sure)
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
November 17 2014 12:56 GMT
#2907
If you allowed yourself to make it a non-melee map then all you would have to do is open the trigger editor and share map vission between relevant players.


Actually, you don't want to see what they see, otherwise you would know when they were being attacked or see enemy units through their vision. you just want to be able to see where they were in the fog just like with rocks.

The simplest way would be to make the missile turrets belong to player 0. That way when the game starts players can see them through the fog of war. Then once the game starts transfer ownership of the turrets over to player 15. There is a trigger something like "change owner of unit" which will do that.
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
November 17 2014 17:32 GMT
#2908
as said before, it fucks up your mineral line pretty badly, theres also no room for drop harass or static defense against mutas
"Not you."
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
November 17 2014 19:06 GMT
#2909
You need to be very careful when doing that kind of thing, because as meavis said you need to cannon check the mineral line, not only from behind, and sides but the actual mineral line, is toss capable of walling you off like this? (Blue being Pylons and red cannons). Also you would need to take into account muta and banshee harass into the mineral line, not to mention about certain roach or marauder timing attacks designed to kill the town hall.

Anything can be done in mapmaking, but if you want it to be good you need to be careful about it.

Also the town hall as part of the wall has been done before, iirc it was a lefix map that had it? it was a in-main half base nat where the townhall was part of the wallof at the top of a 2-wide main base ramp.
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
November 18 2014 01:51 GMT
#2910
Ok thanks for the feedback. The mineral line placement wasn't going to hug the cliff in the Final version, I just put it in for the photo to better show proportions. Sorry for the confusion. As for timing attacks I don't think it will be much of a problem and more of a map feature. I guess any more posts should go under theWIP thread
[image loading]
Casual Mapmaker
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
November 18 2014 02:39 GMT
#2911
I guess any more posts should go under theWIP thread


Yes, that would be better, but first i highly recommend you to rework your current natural set up, you MUST be very careful with cannon rushes, otherwise.

+ Show Spoiler +

Red are Pylons.
White are Cannons
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


The nat is also missing one mineral patch if you want this base to belong to Blizzard's standard.
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-18 03:24:20
November 18 2014 03:13 GMT
#2912
Thanks for the concern! But I will be adding doodads and path blocking so I don't think most of those will be problems. Also will be looking at natural bases by experienced map makers. And yes its missing a mineral, because non standard
Edit- Ok yeah I had to alter the terrain a lot. Nat is much bigger now
Casual Mapmaker
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-19 00:53:04
November 19 2014 00:51 GMT
#2913
On November 18 2014 04:06 Uvantak wrote:
Also the town hall as part of the wall has been done before, iirc it was a lefix map that had it? it was a in-main half base nat where the townhall was part of the wallof at the top of a 2-wide main base ramp.


I can't let lefix get credit for that one!
Guillotine
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Brazen Bull
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Unfortunately neither map got extensively tested, although I did get to see some pro level games on Guillotine. A few thoughts:
- Naturals like this are extra vulnerable to all kinds of proxies (proxy cannons like Uvantak said) but also proxy bunkers, harass from starport/gate units, proxy Hatch into cancel into evo chamber block into ling runby, I even saw a proxy Nexus used once on Guillotine that resulted in a win.
- There is a risk of giving attacking units a better concave without a good concave area for defending units to hold
- Needs to be space behind the mineral lines
- Be conscious of whether or not mineral patches and/or geysers can be sieged or harassed and at what stage of the game
- Also be conscious of whether players can get their wall up in time to defend certain rushes (less of a problem in hots than it was in wol which was one of the reasons I created those maps)
- Half bases, 6m bases etc seem to generally favor zerg economically in many situations (although can be mitigated by the rest of the map)
- Can units, (esp. Protoss) maneuver around the base to defend drops at the main --> 3rd? Can Immortals and Colossi leave the natural without getting stuck
- Make it as obvious as possible as to how to wall off, even pro players messed up their walls on my maps.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Elche
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland170 Posts
November 23 2014 16:56 GMT
#2914
What are the top 5 community made melee maps atm that you would like to see pro player play games on?
DesRow told me he would gladly play some maps if I gave him a top-5 and I though I might want to hear some opinions.
hero_lief
Profile Joined December 2010
United States53 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-23 17:37:25
November 23 2014 17:32 GMT
#2915
On November 24 2014 01:56 Elche wrote:
What are the top 5 community made melee maps atm that you would like to see pro player play games on?
DesRow told me he would gladly play some maps if I gave him a top-5 and I though I might want to hear some opinions.

I would love to get some feedback on my map from a pro level. I need a few days to finish the actual art of it though, but the layout is mostly done. I can send you a pic if you want.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 23 2014 19:45 GMT
#2916
On November 24 2014 01:56 Elche wrote:
What are the top 5 community made melee maps atm that you would like to see pro player play games on?
DesRow told me he would gladly play some maps if I gave him a top-5 and I though I might want to hear some opinions.

I think going with the 5 last MotM winners, or alternatively with 5 maps handpicked among the various MotMs top 5, is a good idea
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-24 03:56:57
November 24 2014 03:56 GMT
#2917
On my custom melee type map, I have a bunch of screenshots I'd like to place into the how to play with tips on early game building placements, as well as some extra screenshots of gameplay action, and then some other edited 'cool' looking pics. How do I edit all these into each section? And is there a limit to size or how many I can put?

PS- Are there any triggers I can export from a map that has data like player stats on the map (wins/losses, races etc) Or are there any other good melee type triggers I could use for like a ladder system etc? Like how does starbow or play/obs maps work? How do I add achievements and shit too for shits and gigs?

PPS- How can I turn off the bgh and zombies mods and shit for my map? That crap is annoying and it's buggy sometimes when creating the map without mod it still does mod. I don't understand it.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
PermaScrub
Profile Joined July 2011
32 Posts
November 24 2014 08:12 GMT
#2918
The swarm host model seems to lack any animations when viewing it. Yet the actors have references to animations and it works fine in game. Am I missing something?
SwedenTheKid
Profile Joined July 2014
567 Posts
December 06 2014 00:56 GMT
#2919
@CagedMind
You can't, as far as I'm aware of.
Q:
When I tried to place a doodad, it wouldn't allow me to place it in any spot, so I made sure "Ignore placement requirements" was on, and it was. Now all doodads cant be placed in the exact spot I want them to be, and act as if they are obeying the placement grid. How do I turn this off?
Casual Mapmaker
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
December 06 2014 01:17 GMT
#2920
Press shift when placing the doodad, also if you select a doodad press control and right click (or it was left click?) around you can rotate the doodad.
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 233
JuggernautJason109
Nina 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 593
White-Ra 172
firebathero 81
910 41
Trap 25
NaDa 15
Counter-Strike
Fnx 748
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0173
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9492
Liquid`Hasu1755
crisheroes1703
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g6279
Liquid`RaSZi5528
Beastyqt793
shahzam476
B2W.Neo283
Pyrionflax145
ArmadaUGS118
KnowMe116
ZombieGrub87
IndyStarCraft 78
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream370
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• Eskiya23 12
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
League of Legends
• TFBlade837
Other Games
• imaqtpie871
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.