• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:59
CEST 22:59
KST 05:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8646 users

[M] Wc3's Twisted Meadows - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
July 23 2010 00:25 GMT
#41
Bases look way to close for SC.
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
.ImpacT.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States390 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 00:31:07
July 23 2010 00:29 GMT
#42
Idea - make the gold an island, but put destructible rocks on it and make the current-gold expansions standard minerals (Or maybe just mineral only? I know a few times this happened in BW.)

This will fix the "free gold expo" for terran in the Early game, and fix the whole "omg free gold" for zerg as a 3rd. That way, it will force the expo to be taken far later in the game - when both races will likely have air tech available anyway.

As for the "need pressure to take the middle." argument, why not make a gold expo with 2 less mineral patches but 3 geysers (Like the double gas expos on a few BW maps IIRC). Just a thought.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 00:30:38
July 23 2010 00:29 GMT
#43
On July 23 2010 09:25 Backpack wrote:
Bases look way to close for SC.


The rush distances are fairly far enough, bust air distance, very very close.

Thats why I may be pulling everything away from the center a bit, put before I do,
I wanna get some testing in.

On July 23 2010 09:29 .ImpacT. wrote:
Idea - make the gold an island, but put destructible rocks on it. This will fix the "free gold expo" for terran in the Early game, and fix the whole "omg free gold" for zerg as a 3rd. That way, it will force the expo to be taken far later in the game - when both races will likely have air tech available anyway.



Lol idk why but I totally forgot about rocks when I posted that.

yeah, i'll do that. xD sounds like a great plan.
.ImpacT.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States390 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 00:32:11
July 23 2010 00:31 GMT
#44
Read again, the bottom portion of that.

As for the "need pressure to take the middle." argument, why not make a gold expo with 2 less mineral patches but 3 geysers (Like the double gas expos on a few BW maps IIRC). Just a thought.


Just added that.

Also, I designed a ton of Maps in BW (Mostly UMS, but still, basic design.) PM me if you want to hit me up on MSN/AIM and I'd be more than happy to discuss this map, it looks amazing so far.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 00:36 GMT
#45
On July 23 2010 09:31 .ImpacT. wrote:
Read again, the bottom portion of that.

Show nested quote +
As for the "need pressure to take the middle." argument, why not make a gold expo with 2 less mineral patches but 3 geysers (Like the double gas expos on a few BW maps IIRC). Just a thought.


Just added that.

Also, I designed a ton of Maps in BW (Mostly UMS, but still, basic design.) PM me if you want to hit me up on MSN/AIM and I'd be more than happy to discuss this map, it looks amazing so far.



Well thank you. And I was thinking about doing that, but when I finished the terrain part I didn't have much room, but I think I can squeez one in there.

And I just bought the special edition of Sc2 off Gamestop, but next week I'll be leaving for a week up north so I will not be home for release. =/ And after the Day[9] games tonight, I'll be reformatting my comp. So I won't have much time to chat or anything, but I'll have more time towards the middle of August. =D
Risingred
Profile Joined July 2010
United States4 Posts
July 23 2010 01:41 GMT
#46
Something to consider (unless they changed it) is that certain units, like I believe the siege tank and hellions, can destroy trees.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 01:46 GMT
#47
On July 23 2010 10:41 Risingred wrote:
Something to consider (unless they changed it) is that certain units, like I believe the siege tank and hellions, can destroy trees.


Yes, I think they roast the trees down, and tanks just wtf pwn them lol.

And what's also nest, is that creep kills the trees and bushes too. Its pretty neat.
Risingred
Profile Joined July 2010
United States4 Posts
July 23 2010 01:48 GMT
#48
On July 23 2010 10:46 McCheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2010 10:41 Risingred wrote:
Something to consider (unless they changed it) is that certain units, like I believe the siege tank and hellions, can destroy trees.


Yes, I think they roast the trees down, and tanks just wtf pwn them lol.

And what's also nest, is that creep kills the trees and bushes too. Its pretty neat.


Good call, that too. I don't know if that would affect the map at all in terms of balance, but it could be a plus just for burning/creeping eye candy.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 01:51 GMT
#49
On July 23 2010 10:48 Risingred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2010 10:46 McCheese wrote:
On July 23 2010 10:41 Risingred wrote:
Something to consider (unless they changed it) is that certain units, like I believe the siege tank and hellions, can destroy trees.


Yes, I think they roast the trees down, and tanks just wtf pwn them lol.

And what's also nest, is that creep kills the trees and bushes too. Its pretty neat.


Good call, that too. I don't know if that would affect the map at all in terms of balance, but it could be a plus just for burning/creeping eye candy.



Yeah, it makes the map play out slightly different and drastically changes the look of it.

Which I think is pretty cool. xD
dbizzle
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
July 23 2010 01:52 GMT
#50
It would be nice to have the starting points at the corners or edges of the map, the short distances will make the games over very quickly and hardly ever be able to use all the expansion points.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 01:55 GMT
#51
On July 23 2010 10:52 dbizzle wrote:
It would be nice to have the starting points at the corners or edges of the map, the short distances will make the games over very quickly and hardly ever be able to use all the expansion points.



It depends on how things go and how players wanna play it out and how well they can defend.

Like I said, this map has never been tested (that I know of), and therefore, needs to be.
There will be changes made, and therefore changing how the map plays out.

Only the future can tell. =]
dbizzle
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
July 23 2010 02:01 GMT
#52
i agree that it could be different, but with the current beta maps, with most maps being relatively small. Games tend to be over in less than 12min, with the smalls maps it encourages everyone to all in and or cheese more often in that fear of 1 giant timing push. It would be nice to have bigger maps like kulas ravine (less rocks) to be able to use the map as a whole, to play the macro game and practice that. I find it very difficult to play macro when every other opponent can just all in and one of the only ways to counter that is play the mirror style. Longer distances to spawn points encourage different strategies. It's a shame that desert oasis is a 2 player map, if it was a 4 player map I think that map would be alot better
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 02:06 GMT
#53
On July 23 2010 11:01 dbizzle wrote:
i agree that it could be different, but with the current beta maps, with most maps being relatively small. Games tend to be over in less than 12min, with the smalls maps it encourages everyone to all in and or cheese more often in that fear of 1 giant timing push. It would be nice to have bigger maps like kulas ravine (less rocks) to be able to use the map as a whole, to play the macro game and practice that. I find it very difficult to play macro when every other opponent can just all in and one of the only ways to counter that is play the mirror style. Longer distances to spawn points encourage different strategies. It's a shame that desert oasis is a 2 player map, if it was a 4 player map I think that map would be alot better



Yes, I do agree with this, but, this is a 4 player map, and if you spawn cross positions, the rush distance is that much longer. Ofcourse you will not know this until you have scouted, but that does change the starts and plays people will use for the map which makes it even more interesting. And I agree with Desert Oasis, if they would have made it a 4 player, it'd be so much better.
Mios
Profile Joined April 2010
United States686 Posts
July 23 2010 04:19 GMT
#54
when i first looked at it i couldnt really see twisted meadows (played wc3 competitively forever)... but the map with the arrows and such helped. i like it, but it seems like the bases are a bit too close and there isnt much room to move an army along the rush path to other bases. maybe make the middle a bit more wide open like the wc3 TM.
no LAN and intercontinental bnet = T_T
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 05:17 GMT
#55
On July 23 2010 13:19 Mios wrote:
when i first looked at it i couldnt really see twisted meadows (played wc3 competitively forever)... but the map with the arrows and such helped. i like it, but it seems like the bases are a bit too close and there isnt much room to move an army along the rush path to other bases. maybe make the middle a bit more wide open like the wc3 TM.



Yes I may have to end up doing that, widening the center and spreading the bases out a bit. it will be a bit tricky but it will be done. I want some testing done on this version first, before I do anything crazy tho. xD
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
August 06 2010 06:52 GMT
#56
Anymore suggestions for this map? I changed the gold to the 3rd and made it an island and change the gold to regular minerals. I would like this map to be tested if someone could get me some feedback on it, that'd make my day! Thanks.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
August 06 2010 07:15 GMT
#57
UPDATED! =] thank you for feedback.
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
August 06 2010 09:46 GMT
#58
Dont even try to convert Wc3 maps to SC2. It just wont work
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
August 06 2010 15:27 GMT
#59
^ Lol. Thanks for the encouragement.
AmaZing
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Nepal299 Posts
August 06 2010 16:41 GMT
#60
Hmmm... i like the 3rd as the main and having the main blocked off both ends like kulas ravine and having the gold expo there.
ಠ_ಠ
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub334
RuFF_SC2 177
SteadfastSC 147
Nina 91
Nathanias 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2427
Shuttle 439
Mind 71
910 60
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 735
Super Smash Bros
PPMD12
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g6478
Grubby2583
shahzam590
ToD269
C9.Mang0198
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 84
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 35
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21039
League of Legends
• TFBlade551
Other Games
• imaqtpie849
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.