• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:17
CEST 22:17
KST 05:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8349 users

[M] Wc3's Twisted Meadows - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 04:03 GMT
#21
Yes, the watch tower reaches about half way up the back door, and yeah, it makes for more interesting later games I think. =]
Bio-Leera
Profile Joined May 2010
United States65 Posts
July 22 2010 04:04 GMT
#22
I'm just going to throw this out there, 'cause I've noticed it a lot now a days.

it's a visual complaint but I get really annoyed for some reason when I load and my starting base has one texture for all the ground. I'm seeing some grass stuff but really... it looks really bland. It's one of the tell tale signs that i'm playing on a conversion map when the ground looks so plain. put some contrast in there please. I beg you. the green and brown work well in the wc3 map. right now you got grey... and a slightly greenish grey... anything to make it look like it didn't just come out of the editor...

besides that I'm rather interested in playing on this map with the third behind the main... and also seeing water. haven't played on maybe maps with water.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 04:06 GMT
#23
On July 22 2010 13:02 Joseph. wrote:
There is a couple of things though, make the 3rds only accessible by air. And make that little path in between the starting area and the rocks unpassable (if it is in the first place, the little part in between them seperating the golds from the other guys starting minerals)



Making the third only being accessed by air I though would make terrain a little op, but if it isn't, it's really easily defended by zerg and terran anyway, and that little part where the water comes by the choke to make the choke a little smaller? Yeah, that'd be a good idea. =]
Amikar
Profile Joined July 2010
United States8 Posts
July 22 2010 04:07 GMT
#24
Great job! Can't wait to try this out next week.
#RISE
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 04:09 GMT
#25
On July 22 2010 13:04 Bio-Leera wrote:
I'm just going to throw this out there, 'cause I've noticed it a lot now a days.

it's a visual complaint but I get really annoyed for some reason when I load and my starting base has one texture for all the ground. I'm seeing some grass stuff but really... it looks really bland. It's one of the tell tale signs that i'm playing on a conversion map when the ground looks so plain. put some contrast in there please. I beg you. the green and brown work well in the wc3 map. right now you got grey... and a slightly greenish grey... anything to make it look like it didn't just come out of the editor...

besides that I'm rather interested in playing on this map with the third behind the main... and also seeing water. haven't played on maybe maps with water.


i can make it darker, yes. But it looks way different from the editor into the game itself, (terrain wise with the blending and such) so if you haven't yet, please look at it in game once. You can do this by opening it in the editor and clicking test document / map. And if you still believe it needs more grass, then I shall add more, but otherwise I may just some more because yes, it does look plain. =]
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 04:09 GMT
#26
On July 22 2010 13:07 Amikar wrote:
Great job! Can't wait to try this out next week.



Thanks! xDD
Joseph.
Profile Joined July 2010
United States17 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 04:14:10
July 22 2010 04:13 GMT
#27
On July 22 2010 13:06 McCheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2010 13:02 Joseph. wrote:
There is a couple of things though, make the 3rds only accessible by air. And make that little path in between the starting area and the rocks unpassable (if it is in the first place, the little part in between them seperating the golds from the other guys starting minerals)



Making the third only being accessed by air I though would make terrain a little op, but if it isn't, it's really easily defended by zerg and terran anyway, and that little part where the water comes by the choke to make the choke a little smaller? Yeah, that'd be a good idea. =]


Terrain or Terran? I wouldn't think so either way, as far as the second comment though I was talking about this, circled in red, not sure if it's passable but just incase:

[image loading]
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
July 22 2010 04:16 GMT
#28
The start positions look way too close compared to the WC3 version but you could probably get away with that.
It looks like you've pushed everything towards the centre too much.

However, it has potential so keep at it.
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
July 22 2010 04:16 GMT
#29
I think the map looks great. The easy 3rd gold is a little quirky but hey, a lot of maps have different quirks. Rush distances, hard expos, easy expos, etc. I think you did the original twisted meadows justice too.

I approve!
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
July 22 2010 04:19 GMT
#30
Actually, I've changed my mind.
I didn't see the inner square outline so now it looks much less compact.

You need to make it a bit more attractive.
Right now it looks too boring.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 04:21:50
July 22 2010 04:21 GMT
#31
On July 22 2010 13:16 SiguR wrote:
I think the map looks great. The easy 3rd gold is a little quirky but hey, a lot of maps have different quirks. Rush distances, hard expos, easy expos, etc. I think you did the original twisted meadows justice too.

I approve!



Haha thanks. xDD

yeah, i may change some of those high yield to regular, but i'm not sure, haven't had the chance to test the map.

On July 22 2010 13:16 Fantistic wrote:
The start positions look way too close compared to the WC3 version but you could probably get away with that.
It looks like you've pushed everything towards the centre too much.

However, it has potential so keep at it.



Thanks you. Yeah, I didn't change the map size after I did the converter, which I prolly should have because space a a little limited haha.

On July 22 2010 13:13 Joseph. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2010 13:06 McCheese wrote:
On July 22 2010 13:02 Joseph. wrote:
There is a couple of things though, make the 3rds only accessible by air. And make that little path in between the starting area and the rocks unpassable (if it is in the first place, the little part in between them seperating the golds from the other guys starting minerals)



Making the third only being accessed by air I though would make terrain a little op, but if it isn't, it's really easily defended by zerg and terran anyway, and that little part where the water comes by the choke to make the choke a little smaller? Yeah, that'd be a good idea. =]


Terrain or Terran? I wouldn't think so either way, as far as the second comment though I was talking about this, circled in red, not sure if it's passable but just incase:

[image loading]



nonono, that does not go up into the main, the only two ramps that do, is the one to the nat, and the other with the rocks on it.

On July 22 2010 13:19 Fantistic wrote:
Actually, I've changed my mind.
I didn't see the inner square outline so now it looks much less compact.

You need to make it a bit more attractive.
Right now it looks too boring.



haha, and you mean the terrain textures?
OdnoB
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada61 Posts
July 22 2010 04:36 GMT
#32
i dont think wc3 maps work very well as ports, they dont have enough open space for the late game, and even though i've probly played 2000 games on TM, im just not feeling this, sorry =(
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
July 22 2010 04:41 GMT
#33
This looks fun. I'd be interested to see how balance would play out.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 04:53 GMT
#34
On July 22 2010 13:41 Motiva wrote:
This looks fun. I'd be interested to see how balance would play out.



Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to too. I wanna see how all the races place on it, and know what I have to change and such. Shall be very interesting! =P

On July 22 2010 13:36 OdnoB wrote:
i dont think wc3 maps work very well as ports, they dont have enough open space for the late game, and even though i've probly played 2000 games on TM, im just not feeling this, sorry =(



That's absolutely fine, because every player has a different style and feel for maps, and not everyone likes the way maps are. Thanks for posting and giving some input tho, every little bit helps to improve my maps and how I design the new ones I come up with. xD
dogabutila
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1438 Posts
July 22 2010 05:03 GMT
#35
Looks mech favored late. Chokes are tight and... tanks :-/.
Midgame looks like zerg would be happy with the expansion pathing and also with drops // nydus.
Baller Fanclub || CheAse Fanclub || Scarlett Fanclub || LJD FIGHTING!
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 05:07 GMT
#36
On July 22 2010 14:03 dogabutila wrote:
Looks mech favored late. Chokes are tight and... tanks :-/.
Midgame looks like zerg would be happy with the expansion pathing and also with drops // nydus.


Yeah, thats the main thing I'm worried about it TANKS! haha They are always a big deal when I think of a map to make, because if the paths are too close one or two tanks can hold off a large area...they just make map designing that much more of a challenge, but I like it. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad tho, since the races together aren't quite perfectly "balanced" yet. Never know how things will change.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 22 2010 23:49 GMT
#37
Updated Twisted Meadows with more terrain textures and doodads. It may not look much different, but in-game and in the editor it looks much better. The view in the picture doesn't due justice, so I will be adding some in-game pics soon.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 00:09 GMT
#38
Alright, now it has the pictures. Hope you enjoy. =]
ionlyplayPROtoss
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada573 Posts
July 23 2010 00:19 GMT
#39
Ok, i played about 4000 wc3 games and TM was my favourite map so here are my suggestions.

1. replace the gold with the 3rd but make the gold an island.
2.close distance between gold and mains thats not suppose to take that gold.
3. Add a layer of terrain between natural and choke and make choke to natural smaller so a forge FE is possible.
4. Make the main farther from center because it feels sieged tanks can easily gurantee 5 bases...
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
July 23 2010 00:23 GMT
#40
Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely will try my best to do those. But i'm not so sure about the gold being an island, because then terran will just lift off from their main and float over there...
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1461
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 376
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1461
RotterdaM 969
MaxPax 224
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC 183
RuFF_SC2 131
ZombieGrub108
UpATreeSC 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2633
Shuttle 456
Dewaltoss 114
910 66
Mind 59
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1117
Fnx 692
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu831
Other Games
summit1g3666
Grubby3088
Beastyqt741
shahzam496
C9.Mang0171
mouzStarbuck127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV257
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 180
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade546
Other Games
• imaqtpie657
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.