• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8830 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
August 27 2012 14:42 GMT
#81
Personally, Starcraft has kind of gone beyond the point of just wanting to see the best matches. I only watch matches nowadays if there's a player whom I like or some interesting story line. I honestly could not give a fuck about watching some super high level game between jjakji, keen, bomber or hyun (just to name people from GSL tonight) because they just don't interest me at all and there is no story line or any reason for me to emotionally feel a part of their triumphs and losses. I only watched GSL tonight because Mana was playing in it and I only watched his games because I think he's cool and there was an issue to keep me interested and vested in his process.
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 14:58:34
August 27 2012 14:57 GMT
#82
The two aren't even mutually exclusive. I prefer to watch good games with new, rising talent from various countries.

The actual problem is that there is barely any rising non-korean talent. All the crying about 'they're all koreans' is flat out pathetic. You should be crying about how the western teams, all with significantly more money and sponsorships than the korean teams, are failing to produce talent and are instead hanging on to players that haven't been relevant in terms of gameplay since early beta.

It's the 'foreign' teams failing you, not tournament organizers.
Black17
Profile Joined October 2011
France435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 15:02:35
August 27 2012 15:02 GMT
#83
I like to watch the upcoming talents from my country ! For example, Stephano seems quite promising :p
-shArk-
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany150 Posts
August 27 2012 15:04 GMT
#84
the best players for sure. watching the top koreans is much more entertaining than watching good and solid rising foreigners.
sOs - Rain - PartinG
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
August 27 2012 15:13 GMT
#85
I need to have some sort of emotional investment in the players. If I watch a Korean based league I have no problem with cheering for them but seeing (almost) only Koreans in the top 8 of a foreign tournament defeats the fun for me (and I don´t watch those rounds anymore). I watch those tournaments because I want to see the foreign players play. If I want to see only Koreans I watch the GSL.

It might not be the highest quality games but I find more fun in cheering for it. That´s also why I don´t watch the English/Spanish football competitions but the Dutch. The English/Spanish games are much better in quality on average but I just don´t have an emotional investment or connection with those teams.
Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
SkyHighEyes
Profile Joined February 2012
United States11 Posts
August 27 2012 15:47 GMT
#86
I watch GSL for the best players. I'd rather see rising talent at any other tournament.

I also really liked the WCS format this year because having a bunch of sub-tournaments limited by nation and then region gave some rising talent a fighting chance and let us really get a look at what's out there. A Korean will probably win it all, but I'm glad I got to see a Europe-only tournament and an NA-only tournament before then.
DevilofDeath
Profile Joined February 2011
United States73 Posts
August 27 2012 16:51 GMT
#87
Sounds very much like a "Would you rather watch College Football or the NFL" poll.

Except its eSports style; and unfortunately eSports looks so much more beautiful when its the best players playing.
hey guys can you give me more crystal stuffs?
Xlancer
Profile Joined February 2010
United States126 Posts
August 27 2012 17:29 GMT
#88
On August 26 2012 08:08 MCXD wrote:
Favourite players > Best players > Rising players

But frankly, a combination of the three is always the best. That's why semi-invite semi-open systems seem to work well.

This is exactly how I feel too
“The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.” - Friedrich Hegel
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
August 27 2012 18:15 GMT
#89
Stephano is my favorite to watch. Not from my country but I love his interviews and his attitude.

Favourite players > Best players > Rising players.... is correct.

I rarely watch any matches without a zerg opponent also so that is probably the biggest part for me... Although if we got some pro's who really didn't like each other that could make for some interesting matches too.

For all the team owners out there if you really want to be successfull don't forget to teach your players some PR skills along with SC2 strats
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
ff7legend
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States213 Posts
August 27 2012 18:39 GMT
#90
Watching a countries rising player and what not gives you a more emotional connection to the player and the games. they mean that much more to you, ya they may not give the best games but you'll be much more invested into the games regardless. At least thats my view
I am the best ever... aka Truth, Judge, Legend
LawnMower
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden557 Posts
August 27 2012 18:57 GMT
#91
A mix of both really. I don't care much for Swedish players unless they can compete internationally. If they can though I'll probably root for them though, except if they're playing my favourites of course.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russel
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
August 28 2012 00:56 GMT
#92
Eh, a little of both!
RedFive
Profile Joined July 2012
United States4 Posts
August 28 2012 01:53 GMT
#93
Of course a combination is best. I really like seeing what foreigners can do against the giants of the game.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude
Psyclon
Profile Joined July 2010
Bulgaria2443 Posts
August 28 2012 06:02 GMT
#94
This is not the right question imo.
A tournament with the best possible players will always trump a tournament with rising talents.
The question should be - should there be more tournaments with rising talents? And my answer is yes, yes, yes!
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds!
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
August 28 2012 10:47 GMT
#95
in france we are lucky since we can do both when stephano is playing the tournament :p
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
executorx
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany81 Posts
August 28 2012 12:31 GMT
#96
well i dont care about socke, hasuobs or darkforce if i can watch some MVP or Bomber games. :D

nationalities arent important.
INnoVation > ALL!
Adellund
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark92 Posts
August 28 2012 13:24 GMT
#97
why don't they invite the best current of each nation and make 200$ invitationals ? I would love to see ThorZain vs BaByKnight (Denmark vs Sweden ) and NesTea vs Sen ( Taiwan vs Korea )
If you put RoRo on your anti-team you should be ashamed!
Exya
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada54 Posts
August 28 2012 14:51 GMT
#98
I like to watch Huk and the best players.. if only he was the best player too
a9arnn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1537 Posts
August 28 2012 15:26 GMT
#99
I like both, but especially at live events, I like to watch the up and coming players/ ones that are not super well known by most people. Like at MLG I watched the crap outta the LighT guys, and they had some sick games vs. top notch players :D
VOD finder guy for sc2ratings.com/ ! aka: ogndrahcir, a9azn2 | Go ZerO, Stork, Sea, and KawaiiRice :D | nesc2league.com/forum/index.php | youtube.com/watch?v=oaGtjWL5mZo
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
August 28 2012 16:20 GMT
#100
I like the players I like. Be it because of the way they play, their personality, their story or their team. The one thing I never cared for was which country that person was from.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.