• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8830 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
August 26 2012 12:54 GMT
#41
I am with the group that when I want to be entertained with Starcraft I will watch the players I like, If i don't care about the players I normally don't really watch. If I am in need of education I will watch the best players of the race I play.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
P_Golden
Profile Joined January 2012
Italy6 Posts
August 26 2012 12:57 GMT
#42
Where is the "I just want to watch Idra" part?
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
August 26 2012 13:11 GMT
#43
My country doesn't have any good players. But I'd like to see new talented players mixed up with the current best. One example would be watching KeSPa players in WCS Korea, they're practically new to SC2 but really talented and you can watch something new and unexpected in their play.
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
August 26 2012 13:39 GMT
#44
On August 26 2012 06:47 Ettick wrote:
I like watching rising talent take on the best players, so it's a mix of both lol

Yeah, why can't we do both?
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 14:09:31
August 26 2012 14:09 GMT
#45
I would rather watch the best possible talent.

I would much rather watch the best Koreans in the world doing the most solid/thought out builds there is. I don't want to watch a tournament that includes half the people I hit on the ladder on a daily basis.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
KookyMonster
Profile Joined January 2012
United States311 Posts
August 26 2012 16:26 GMT
#46
Ideally, a combo of both. But I'd rather watch good games.
Paper is Imba. Scissors is fine. -Rock
WhiteWOR
Profile Joined June 2011
27 Posts
August 26 2012 16:32 GMT
#47
I would like to watch both, which is why wcs is such a cool tournament, the best from all the countries in one tournament.
xSilverx
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden76 Posts
August 26 2012 17:41 GMT
#48
PLEASE!!!!! have more polls like this!!
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 18:11:41
August 26 2012 18:11 GMT
#49
Both, to a degree. But "best play" should really be "best play". I don't want to watch Heart cheese or Leenock 3 base muta ling bling bust every game. Middle of the road koreans are the worst in regards to this question. Rising korean talent? None I really care about. Best play? Not really unless you have the heavyweights like MVP/DRG/etc.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
August 26 2012 18:11 GMT
#50
I like watching both. I love watching GSL or MLG with top Koreans (and top foreigners). However, I also like watching "regional" tournaments. I enjoyed the EU WCS regional qualifiers as well as many of the tournaments that only get a few of the TOP players and lots of regional player opportunities.

deathserv
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States228 Posts
August 26 2012 19:00 GMT
#51
On August 26 2012 06:47 Ettick wrote:
I like watching rising talent take on the best players, so it's a mix of both lol


Well said. Agree 100%.
SayGen
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1209 Posts
August 26 2012 19:55 GMT
#52
So much better to watch players i've been following for quite some time.

Any of the EG players, MMA, MKP, MVP, Nestea
We Live to Die
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
August 26 2012 20:39 GMT
#53
love to see the best of the best..
~ The Ultimate Weapon
markrevival
Profile Joined January 2012
United States222 Posts
August 26 2012 21:18 GMT
#54
if I only had to choose one, I prefer the GSL. The absolute best in the world. But of course it is fun to watch tournaments from all over the world. There is so much talent to be seen everywhere.
Kompicek
Profile Joined May 2008
Czech Republic245 Posts
August 26 2012 21:26 GMT
#55
I prefer to watch non koreans doing well agaisnt koreans
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
August 26 2012 21:29 GMT
#56
Tough choice. Best players edged it out for me, but really I'd like a better mix of both. Maybe I should have voted for rising talent...
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
August 26 2012 22:29 GMT
#57
I want to watch good play. I could care less about the nationality behind the player.
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
August 26 2012 23:13 GMT
#58
Then why the fuck does everyone complain about TSL and "boring korean syndrome?"
esports
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
August 26 2012 23:22 GMT
#59
People will say they want to watch the best, and argue it non-stop, but the viewer numbers always tell a different story. People want to see foreigners do well, and see people from their country do well. Viewer numbers will always go down when it's just Korean players left. No need to make a poll- really you know it to be true.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
August 27 2012 00:27 GMT
#60
On August 26 2012 20:02 red4ce wrote:
"Rising national talent?" Inform me when the USA has some.


Suppy, Vibe, sasquatch.
esports
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.