• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8830 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
August 29 2012 16:35 GMT
#121
I prefer to watch the best, which is why I've purchased a GSL subscription... but I have to admit that WCS is great to follow, I am enjoying it a lot.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
August 29 2012 17:07 GMT
#122
Kind of "both"
AdministratorBreak the chains
ilimor
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden47 Posts
August 29 2012 17:23 GMT
#123
Yeah this poll need more answers, kind of both for me aswell
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
August 29 2012 17:24 GMT
#124
Neither.
jyuj
Profile Joined October 2007
Australia103 Posts
August 29 2012 18:45 GMT
#125
Both much???
di4m0nd
Profile Joined June 2010
United States297 Posts
August 29 2012 23:43 GMT
#126
i would have to go with both
TLO | MC | Taeja | MarineKing | Alicia | HerO | PartinG | Bomber | Genius | MMA | CoCa | HuK | DRG | YugiOh | MVP | Jjakji | Stardust | Snute | Scarlett
ackbar
Profile Joined March 2011
United States94 Posts
August 30 2012 01:21 GMT
#127
Both, but more the first.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
August 30 2012 03:17 GMT
#128
Thought provoking thread, but I like watching risin stars like the IPL amateur league .
User was warned for too many mimes.
how
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States538 Posts
August 30 2012 05:12 GMT
#129
They both have their places, college football and the nfl are both able to exist.
http://twitter.com/howsc
NotoriousBig
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Germany301 Posts
August 30 2012 15:51 GMT
#130
i think it´s always good, to have some personalities in the scene and young rising players instead of only some koreans, i think in tourneys like MLG the focus in the first rounds should be on young talents or more unknown players, because in the end youo will have koreans over koreans.
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
August 30 2012 18:30 GMT
#131
Depends... obviously you wanna see great players.
But if it's 16 koreans or 14 koreans and 2 foreigners I'm not watching it.
chichom27
Profile Joined November 2009
Ecuador56 Posts
August 30 2012 19:41 GMT
#132
Depends on the tourney. For Example I expect the top of the top in GSL Code S. I like the mix of Top Koreans and Top International players in MLG. Every other tourney I like seeing new players with a few good names top stir attentopn.
Love always wins.
Kreggar
Profile Joined September 2011
United States83 Posts
August 30 2012 23:23 GMT
#133
I started watching eSports because I like seeing what the best players in the world can do with StarCraft 2, and I still love seeing highly skilled games. However, I have really been enjoying the WCS because of the nationalistic elements. I can't wait to see players like Scarlett, Vibe, and djRecco going up against the best from other parts of the world.

What I'm trying to say is...I want more of BOTH!!!
StarCraft is the hardest, most beautiful game in the world.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
August 31 2012 03:26 GMT
#134
I prefer a combination of the two. Seeing rising talent beat rising talent means nothing. Seeing rising talent beating established players, on the other hand...
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
August 31 2012 03:32 GMT
#135
On August 26 2012 06:47 Ettick wrote:
I like watching rising talent take on the best players, so it's a mix of both lol



This by far
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
frosecold
Profile Joined January 2011
Venezuela76 Posts
August 31 2012 08:13 GMT
#136
This poll was very hard, i like to learn from the very best, but sometimes the metagames are too far from my understanding and watching some local "pro" gamer would help me... though choice to make indeed
Being a pro its not easy at all, i know it,i cant be one
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
August 31 2012 13:20 GMT
#137
I prefer to watch good games. There is more probabilty that better players will give us better games, but still for example Puck vs TLO with 4 warp prisms and continuous harassment from both players is much better than standard push seen 100 times from Taeja outright killing DRG. Lastly I enjoyed OSL games the most I think.
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
ManicMarine
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia409 Posts
August 31 2012 14:14 GMT
#138
This poll is hard, because if 'best possible players' means watching something like MKP vs Seed then of course I'll watch that. But if it's just a mid level korean playing then I'd usually go for the local option.
Manic by name, Manic by nature.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
August 31 2012 16:32 GMT
#139
A mixture of both. Since there's no both option... I picked the best players. If I HAD to choose one... I'd watch the best players, because if I could only watch "decent" players I wouldn't be learning much.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Night Eyes
Profile Joined January 2011
433 Posts
August 31 2012 18:18 GMT
#140
*Looks around for any rising national talent*
Sign...
Guess I cant answer every poll on TL.
excellent!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.