• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8486 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Inoshishi
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada29 Posts
August 28 2012 17:55 GMT
#101
I like both. The best players when i'm trying to learn, and "national talent" when i want to be entertained and cheer for someone
sVnteen
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2238 Posts
August 28 2012 19:04 GMT
#102
well let me put it like this:
I wouldn't watch a tournament that only has koreans in it (well I do watch gsl but I mean like outside of korea)

I think it is pretty boring and I would watch the german eps or whatever EU/german tournament over that any day
MY LIFE STARTS NOW ♥
GuMmIbEiN
Profile Joined May 2012
Faroe Islands4 Posts
August 28 2012 19:48 GMT
#103
I totally prefer 'rising national talent' because I live in a country with a 47k population, so you get my point
Wafflelisk
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada1061 Posts
August 28 2012 20:13 GMT
#104
I like up and coming players, but the country they're from isn't of any relevance really, and only the hottest up and comers.. just because I've only started to hear of them recently doesn't mean too much for me, I care about the ones that I think can be relatively "big" names 6 months from their breakout, if that makes any sense to anyone? I abstained from voting though, because I like MLGs/ Code A qualifiers, the ones where less known players try to prove that they're ready to run with the big dogs.
Waffles > Pancakes
lordofsoup
Profile Joined January 2012
United States159 Posts
August 28 2012 21:35 GMT
#105
I prefer polls to matches.
NOHUNTERS
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
August 28 2012 22:24 GMT
#106
It all depends. I love watching the GSL to see the best players, but I love watching MLG or DreamHack just to see the good foreign talent and how it does.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
HyPo
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium9 Posts
August 28 2012 22:33 GMT
#107
I dont really care about some korean supergosu playing
some other korean supergosu.
I want to know how the 'less gosu' players match up.
Terran fighting!
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
August 29 2012 00:12 GMT
#108
I would watch rising players because they have the chance to be the best players.
Hey man
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
August 29 2012 03:29 GMT
#109
Best player duking it out, definitly IMO !
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
bgzstudent
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1 Post
August 29 2012 05:27 GMT
#110
I prefer to watch up-and-comers because the games are more varied. I feel like the best players have things so thoroughly figured out that there isn't much room for wackiness, so their games (while well played, for sure) are sort of boring to watch.
mnck
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1518 Posts
August 29 2012 06:28 GMT
#111
I watch both, it's pretty hard to say you prefer one or the other. It's very different.
@Munck
may0nnaise
Profile Joined May 2011
United States40 Posts
August 29 2012 06:44 GMT
#112
I like watching the best. The games are sick. Even low-level pro games can really be dull.

This doesn't mean I don't support rising talent, I'm just not interested in watching it until the rising star starts to take out some established pros.
spreadable goodness
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 29 2012 06:51 GMT
#113
My favorite players > Rising Talent >= Best players.

While the best players can give us good content, so can the l rising talent do as well. For example, I really liked the way Naugrim played against Bischu in the E-Sport SM February Final
EZ4ENCE
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
August 29 2012 08:45 GMT
#114
lawl. this poll..

Why then, in a tournament that involves both, have people noted if there is no foreigners after a certain point (semis, for instance) the viewership declines?

The vocal minority up in dis here poll.
hi. big fan.
Viking182
Profile Joined February 2012
Italy27 Posts
August 29 2012 10:17 GMT
#115
I'm from Italy and I would love to see more of our rising talent players (there are many ) and support them !
more eSport in Italy !!!
Mustajuttu
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 11:31:49
August 29 2012 11:30 GMT
#116
I'd say i prefer watching "rising stars" vs pro's. for example in WCS Sweden the final between Thorzain and SortOf was awesome. due to the fakt that i tought that Thorzain will just murder this guy who I've never hear of.
More GG more skill
Keldrome
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 12:32:42
August 29 2012 12:30 GMT
#117
I prefer to watch rising national talent. Just becouse im from sweden, i always like to watch swedish players as Thorzain and naniwa and many more.
GreenMash
Profile Joined August 2012
Norway1746 Posts
August 29 2012 15:16 GMT
#118
I think that i prefer to watch the best players. But if someone comes out of nowhere and starts doing really well, then i will probably watch them play instead to see if they can continue to be suscessful
I love hellbats
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
August 29 2012 15:44 GMT
#119
poll awkward for Koreans..."which seat do i take???"
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
NewbieOne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland560 Posts
August 29 2012 15:46 GMT
#120
I like both old and proven and new and innovative. Voted rising national talent out of national solidarity.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.