• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8830 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
August 27 2012 00:45 GMT
#61
--- Nuked ---
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11798 Posts
August 27 2012 00:56 GMT
#62
I like my country but we have no good players. Plus Koreans are awesome to watch.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 01:26:06
August 27 2012 01:25 GMT
#63
I like to watch IdrA
and DeMuslim and HuK
Ezaura_au
Profile Joined August 2012
114 Posts
August 27 2012 02:21 GMT
#64
On August 27 2012 10:25 Devise wrote:
I like to watch IdrA
and DeMuslim and HuK

So you want an option for .... underachieving and overpaid players?
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 27 2012 04:55 GMT
#65
On August 27 2012 08:13 Luepert wrote:
Then why the fuck does everyone complain about TSL and "boring korean syndrome?"


Those who are upset are the loudest, everyone else is just enjoying the show.
dBdHellRider
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden63 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 08:16:10
August 27 2012 05:37 GMT
#66
Voted "I prefer to watch rising national talent."
http://www.twitch.tv/nippletwisterswe
Sapp
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland173 Posts
August 27 2012 06:39 GMT
#67
shuldn't be "I don't care" option somewhere in here?
Quote? O.o?
heha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia425 Posts
August 27 2012 07:27 GMT
#68
Well... I like to watch up-and-coming Australian national talent (My country :D). On the other hand, if they're players whom I don't know personally I like watching the top talent & my favourites (Koreans + Stephano, Thorzain, HuK)
Random for life! phoneheha
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 27 2012 07:55 GMT
#69
Rising talent, although I prefer to watch even matchups between players with interesting playstyles above all
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Zerg.Zilla
Profile Joined February 2012
Hungary5029 Posts
August 27 2012 08:08 GMT
#70
On August 27 2012 11:21 Ezaura_au wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 10:25 Devise wrote:
I like to watch IdrA
and DeMuslim and HuK

So you want an option for .... underachieving and overpaid players?

Lol i see what u did there!
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) ~Keep calm and inject Larva~
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
August 27 2012 08:31 GMT
#71
The BEst of the bEst for me
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
WoodLeagueAllStar
Profile Joined August 2012
United States806 Posts
August 27 2012 08:49 GMT
#72
What if the best of the best are in your country? Heh.

I always root for my country (although really I root for NA, no I am not really from Djiabouti thats just a joke), if Idra, Scarlett, Huk or Illusion (various ROOT except Destiny) play I root for them and defend them in chat. I will not outright refuse to watch Kvs.K games if they are good.

Makes me a bit furious when I see someone root for the Korean guy over a American though. I just am nationalistic... character flaw maybe. I feel like, did your mom bring you up to be a traitor! LOL Just exaggerating but you know what I am sayin.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection. --Random Rules
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
August 27 2012 09:17 GMT
#73
On August 26 2012 06:47 Ettick wrote:
I like watching rising talent take on the best players, so it's a mix of both lol

Yeah, I really prefer a mix myself. I do enjoy seeing the rise of a newcomer, but I'm very happy watching an established pro play as well.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 09:33:14
August 27 2012 09:31 GMT
#74
used to only like watching the best players, and couldn't get why people would watch less than amazing matches just to see guyX from their country or continent

then somewhere in the latter half of 2011 the whole scene got so big that there's high level play on every corner every single day, the amazing plays that make you go OOH are few and far between, and there's swarms of faceless korean pros that tell me nothing except "generic very high level korean player", which bores the shit out of me - doesn't help with the boredom that comes with the skill level at every echelon having plateaued quite noticeably for the better part of this past year

problem is, i can't really watch the pitiful performances of westerners even with their occasional glimpses of brilliance a la Naniwa if they don't make a big splash in a tournament against heavyweights, having been spoiled by seing the scene rise from nothing in the early days of beta and spectated through the rise of the big personalities and the few BIG champions this game has produced

so nowadays, new talent is what i'd rather watch any day of the week. but only as long as it's new TALENT, if you know what i mean.
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
August 27 2012 10:10 GMT
#75
I'm French but I like watching my favorite player the most, which doesn't fit either criteria. That would be Idra.
maru lover forever
Risljaninasim
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands228 Posts
August 27 2012 12:08 GMT
#76
I like to watch my countries rising talents take on the better players.
;;
Vanimar
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
220 Posts
August 27 2012 12:43 GMT
#77
To be honest best players is great. But eventually you watch korean vs korean vs korean...
Which is great but is kinda boring after a while. We need people to cheer for! So bring me national talents!
I figured out the EG Curse. It was set in motion by Voodoo Shamans working for Millenium. Whenever EG aquires a player, Voodoo energies start slowly draining skill from the EG guy into an Millenium newcomer. Think about it!
ErAsc2
Profile Joined May 2012
Sweden256 Posts
August 27 2012 12:50 GMT
#78
I have little to no interest in a tournament without Swedes in it unless there's some player I really like (such as MC, Stephano or Polt). I just don't enjoy watching sc2 unless I have somebody to root for.
Swedish GM Protoss http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2336142/1/MilkEA/
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
August 27 2012 13:10 GMT
#79
I want both. The journey is often as exciting as the destination.

Given the choice of only one, then best players.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
SolarJto
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States260 Posts
August 27 2012 14:32 GMT
#80
Best players is good to watch ^^
-University of New Mexico CSL Coordinator-
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.