• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8830 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
August 26 2012 01:32 GMT
#21
I want a mixture. I want a tournament with the best players in the world and rising players. Hopefully, some of the rising players can make it to the ro4. I also want Liquid`Ret.
RenSC2
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1098 Posts
August 26 2012 01:59 GMT
#22
On August 26 2012 10:29 Oiseaux wrote:
Both, but considering there seems to be plenty of outlets for the best of the best, I chose the up and comer option.

Almost the exact same opinion as this guy. I want a combination of both, either in the same tournament or separate, but right now we mostly get the best vs the best. So I voted for up and comers. If I stopped getting best vs best, I'd be pretty disappointed though.
Playing better than standard requires deviation. This divergence usually results in sub-standard play.
mahkan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States153 Posts
August 26 2012 02:30 GMT
#23
I like both really.
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
August 26 2012 02:40 GMT
#24
I would prefer a combination of the both.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
CrtBalorda
Profile Joined December 2011
Slovenia704 Posts
August 26 2012 02:41 GMT
#25
Why is Best players not at 100% ?
4th August 2012...Never forget.....
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
August 26 2012 03:50 GMT
#26
yeeeee!!!!! more polls!!!
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
strayd
Profile Joined November 2011
United States9 Posts
August 26 2012 03:58 GMT
#27
Don't really care which county, just enjoy rising talent.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
August 26 2012 05:20 GMT
#28
I occasionally watch sc2 now a days. Mostly when I am bored, only time I plan watching something is when a player I like will be playing, so I choose of my nation. Since my nation is an attribute that increases interest.
13JackaL
Profile Joined March 2011
United States577 Posts
August 26 2012 06:02 GMT
#29
I always keep up with my favorite players and enjoy their games more, regardless of whether they lose.
This poll left out a few options it seems.

eg. qxc, Mvp, NaDa (before retiring ofc)
and my axe
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
August 26 2012 06:31 GMT
#30
If I could only have one, I would choose the most skilled players. If everyone were an up-and-comer, then it could be difficult to tell how great they actually are. It would also be more anti-climactic having lesser known players beat lesser known players. Having just players known to be the best should have the best games.

This poll seems to imply we could only have players from one of the two categories. Thankfully all tournaments have both. Maybe not rising talent so much as underdogs however.
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
August 26 2012 07:14 GMT
#31
This is what happened for the olympics, I was on vacation in France and all the tv was showing was french players instead of only showing gold medalists and real talent. I prefer to see real talent, it is awesome to see a new talent but they need to become as good as the "old" top-players before they are on big tournaments.
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 07:52:46
August 26 2012 07:52 GMT
#32
I would have liked a third option..
I prefer to watch huge open brackets with both best players and unknowns. So that we see rising stars in actions proving their valor.

If the best players play against the best, you don't really know who's lacking skills recently.
If rising stars play against other national talents, you only see a mid level tournament with some winner defeating low-mid level players.
If both get matched up, you can truly see everyone's valor.

That's why i like MLGs.Who would have put EifeR or goswser in a tournament featuring the best players ?
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
August 26 2012 08:23 GMT
#33
More fair question would be, do you only care about watching the best players or do you want to see rising national talent too?
this one is too easy to answer
chuky500
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
France473 Posts
August 26 2012 08:40 GMT
#34
This is why I don't like watching the MLG. You neither can watch the best players because they're seeded into the end games so they only play a few games, and there are so many games that you can't watch players you like or the underdog.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
August 26 2012 10:40 GMT
#35
Neither;

I prefer watching the best players that I actually know something about, for the same reason that I watch my garbage soccer league instead of high-profile leagues - cos I can get emotionally invested, I know them, and in the case of SC, I even played some of them.

Random (not derogatory, I hope it's clear) koreans just raise 0 interest in me, even if they qualified for being good players

cari-kira
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany655 Posts
August 26 2012 10:56 GMT
#36
On August 26 2012 06:47 Ettick wrote:
I like watching rising talent take on the best players, so it's a mix of both lol


this.
option missing.
Live and let live
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
August 26 2012 11:02 GMT
#37
"Rising national talent?" Inform me when the USA has some.
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
August 26 2012 11:33 GMT
#38
Where is the "I like to watch Jaedong" option ?
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
DidYuhim
Profile Joined September 2011
Ukraine1905 Posts
August 26 2012 12:19 GMT
#39
I like watching stylish players. Not the guys who rage, but the guys who have figured out how they like to play the game.
trada
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany347 Posts
August 26 2012 12:41 GMT
#40
I like both at the same time. A tournament with just the top 16 players in the world wouldnt get the highest viewership. A tournament with just 1-2 representatives of their respective countries wont get the highest viewership either (hello WCS Global).

Its the mixture that gets you. People want to see upsets. You wont have any upsets if you let the 16 best players in the world duke it out.
~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.