• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8830 users

Would you rather watch the best possible players in a tour…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
choopakabra
Profile Joined August 2010
53 Posts
August 31 2012 20:25 GMT
#141
C) homestory format
Choopakabra EU
elctrc_wzrd
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada61 Posts
August 31 2012 23:33 GMT
#142
What the fuck? Who wrote this question... BOTH are important I mean come on if everyone only watched the NFL and didn't pay any attention to the minor leagues for college, teens etc where would talent come from? This question is badly thought out although I'm sure the intentions behind it are good. I want starcraft to raise its amateur players in the west, honestly this scene gets so caught up with the named players that it forgets that these guys come from somewhere, how about those of us that spend 6 hours a day plus trying to become professional players, yes we exist some of us have even finished university and have forgone jobs (I'm fine with this) to try and chase this dream, yet the starcraft scene continues to shit on us by inviting known, paid and sponsored players to opportunities and continuing this vicious cycle. Wake the fuck up TL and StarCraft take care of your amateurs, trust me I'd like to run my own league to help out my fellow amateurs but I am trying to be a player not a caster, and not an organizer yet anyway. I'm sure I'm going to get some flack for what I've said here or even get ignored/unnoticed in the sea of one sentence replies. But please, for once lets ask ourselves where our pro players come from and make the transition not necessarily easier but less luck based. I apologize for my grammar english is not my native tongue.
BM
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
August 31 2012 23:39 GMT
#143
I want to watch.. Squirtle?!
maru G5L pls
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
September 01 2012 03:34 GMT
#144
I want both T_T
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
September 01 2012 03:39 GMT
#145
I want both T_T

Voted rising talent though. As interesting as seeing the same ultra high level koreans duke it out can be, it's much more interesting when a foreigner is on a tear vs those same koreans.
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
September 01 2012 21:09 GMT
#146
I always prefer to watch my favourite players. Other than that it's nice to see rising players.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
iiGreetings
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada563 Posts
September 01 2012 23:02 GMT
#147
I do enjoy a bit of variety, but i wanna see the best players for sure.
Adapt and React I MKP, PartinG, EffOrt ♥
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
September 01 2012 23:57 GMT
#148
I prefer both but the best players was my choice.
Luppa <3
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
September 02 2012 07:30 GMT
#149
I think people who actively play the game prefer watching the best players. People who watch more than play might be more inclined to watch players from their country or favorite team.
GreggSauce
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States566 Posts
September 02 2012 10:24 GMT
#150
I'm torn.

the issue is the "best rising players" end up usually getting destroyed by "the best possible competition"

so maybe a super high quality tournament, and a more "hype" tournament consisting of "GSTL" players who show amazing plays but don't do well in individual leagues.

That's just an example but I think it'd be nice.
Must not sleep, must warn others
herrmus
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden144 Posts
September 02 2012 15:55 GMT
#151
When theres just koreans left i stop watching. They do not have much personality and i do not care about them.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
September 02 2012 16:09 GMT
#152
I like national talent, but only if they are actually up to the standard of the players they are up against.

My favorite tournaments have around 80% players which I know of and around 20% which are being given a shot to make a name for themselves.
Derp
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 15:10:06
September 03 2012 14:38 GMT
#153
I prefer watching players that I can connect/relate to. If they're "only" a good Code A korean ( better than pretty much every foreigner) I prefer watching a foreigner that I've seen at events and who exposes himself.

Edit: fixed my foreigner-grammar
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Ryka
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom254 Posts
September 03 2012 16:25 GMT
#154
Love watching players from my country and a random selection of other players (MC, Naniwa, Stephano etc). Basically players with some personality.

I stop watching tournaments when my favourite players are out.
trGKakarot
Profile Joined October 2011
United States129 Posts
September 03 2012 17:40 GMT
#155
Well, I MUCH preferred the story behind TSL3 over TSL4; following two up and coming foreigners who earned their spot at the top of the tournament which was filled with the top Koreans (albeit there was some issues with lag, or w.e behind the scenes).

TSL4 just feels nameless to me and the only loss a Korean had to a foreigner is when Hyun stomped Major then decided to let him win the series. Would be much more exciting if the Koreans involved were Nestea/MC/MarineKing who were dominating the tournament.

I know the format of the TSL is meant to get the best current players and not the players that are the fan favorites, but the tournament started out with only a couple people who I actively wanted to follow, and I feel like that is more important than the "top" players of the time.
hihi glgl
LucidityDark
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom139 Posts
September 03 2012 18:40 GMT
#156
Probably it would have to be rising national talent, for the simple idea of seeing new faces and more unique games. I enjoy seeing a game where I don't know the players like the back of my hand while still being good games.
Talack
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2742 Posts
September 03 2012 19:26 GMT
#157
This pole does not reflect what the stream numbers say about "best players"
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
September 04 2012 04:52 GMT
#158
On September 01 2012 08:33 elctrc_wzrd wrote:
What the fuck? Who wrote this question... BOTH are important I mean come on if everyone only watched the NFL and didn't pay any attention to the minor leagues for college, teens etc where would talent come from? This question is badly thought out although I'm sure the intentions behind it are good. I want starcraft to raise its amateur players in the west, honestly this scene gets so caught up with the named players that it forgets that these guys come from somewhere, how about those of us that spend 6 hours a day plus trying to become professional players, yes we exist some of us have even finished university and have forgone jobs (I'm fine with this) to try and chase this dream, yet the starcraft scene continues to shit on us by inviting known, paid and sponsored players to opportunities and continuing this vicious cycle. Wake the fuck up TL and StarCraft take care of your amateurs, trust me I'd like to run my own league to help out my fellow amateurs but I am trying to be a player not a caster, and not an organizer yet anyway. I'm sure I'm going to get some flack for what I've said here or even get ignored/unnoticed in the sea of one sentence replies. But please, for once lets ask ourselves where our pro players come from and make the transition not necessarily easier but less luck based. I apologize for my grammar english is not my native tongue.


Chill out dude. It's a poll where you make a choice.
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
September 04 2012 09:26 GMT
#159
It's always cool to watch players from your own country. But I guess that will also mean that theres rising talent from other countries aswell, and as a terran player I don't have much interest in watching zvz/zvp/pvp.

So I prefer to watch the best possible players so I can enjoy players like Taeja/Mvp/Mkp.
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 12:53:47
September 04 2012 12:53 GMT
#160
My way to determine what I will watch:

- Are GSL or OSL currently running or are there vods to catch up?
Yes: Watch GSL or OSL
No: Continue with next step
- Are there any "local" (in my case: european) tournaments being broadcasted?
Yes: Watch them.
No: Continue with next step

now either:
- Are NASL / IPL running?
Yes: Watch it.

or
- Are there any streams of good (minus exceptions, this means Korean) or local (here it means German) players running?
Yes: Watch it.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 175
ProTech152
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51186
Bisu 2365
Horang2 1407
Hyuk 590
BeSt 514
EffOrt 467
Mini 421
Shuttle 409
Light 350
Soma 331
[ Show more ]
Larva 303
ZerO 197
Rush 169
Mong 93
Leta 79
Snow 64
Pusan 60
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 31
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 390
Counter-Strike
Fnx 759
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1453
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns36753
singsing2086
olofmeister1078
B2W.Neo426
hiko366
Livibee195
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX96
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS38
djWHEAT14
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 365
ComeBackTV 198
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis637
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 46m
Online Event
21h 46m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.