• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:14
CEST 13:14
KST 20:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8231 users

Bandwagon Broodwar - Page 9

Forum Index > News
203 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
October 20 2009 01:20 GMT
#161
I agree with the article except for the 'I have no idea who this guy is but he's better than Boxer'. I feel like Boxer's shown impressive games recently where he's been able to. You watch his play and it appears he's still got it, and yeah, who the hell is that guy (I know he's been named earlier in the thread), but fact is he's not better than boxer. lol
"If you can chill..........then chill."
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
October 20 2009 01:22 GMT
#162
WeMade Fox and KT Rolster, also known as KTF MagicNs, will forever and always be in my heart. (T)fOrGG is someone I will consider that was once a great player, and hopefully, he'll be one again, seeing as he's nowhere near an old age for progaming. Nothing will make me want to take them away as my favorites. Never!!! (Pun: Never_V_ = fOrGG)
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Loldts
Profile Joined June 2009
United States66 Posts
October 20 2009 01:24 GMT
#163
So what does it mean when someone is a Mantoss fanboy? He won back then, and he still manages to take games off Flash now, BEST BANDWAGON EVERRRR?
I prematurely shot my wad, on what was supposed to be a dry run, and now I seem to have a bit of a mess on my hands..
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
October 20 2009 01:30 GMT
#164
On October 20 2009 10:24 Loldts wrote:
So what does it mean when someone is a Mantoss fanboy? He won back then, and he still manages to take games off Flash now, BEST BANDWAGON EVERRRR?

Huh? He has never beaten Flash.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
October 20 2009 01:38 GMT
#165
On October 20 2009 07:11 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 03:56 hyst.eric.al wrote:
sexy read
is plexa fuming?

Not in the slightest, why should i be? This doesn't contradict anything riptide/myself said in BBW


tbh, this is what I thought right away. Hot_Bid's article is more of a clarification of one point in riptide/Plexa than a rebuttal. He comes at it from another slant, certainly, but it's not like they're arguing opposite things.

On topic: From the perspective of a newish fan (I started following at about the GSI), I don't much care to watch the old-school players play. I'll admit that I only watched BoxeR vs Yell0w out of all the Heritage League games (and not even live, though tbh the only games I've watched live since the Bisu-JangBi MSL final have been the odd Proleague games where Bisu is up first for SKT so i can watch him and still get to bed at a decent time). I admire and respect them, but like Hot_Bid I have little interest in watching anything but the best. Interestingly, though, I became a Bisu fan during the period when he was not the best - not even the best Protoss. I just liked his style better than Stork's, so I cheered for him through his wrist injury and slump. The previously mentioned MSL final was such sweet vindication. I think I'm rambling at this point. End post.
omninmo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2349 Posts
October 20 2009 01:43 GMT
#166
this is a blog entry. well done.
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
October 20 2009 01:48 GMT
#167
Been a fan of stork since 07 when nal_ra was fading away and no matter how much fail he gives me, I'm still his fan. I'll never hop onto that bandwagon!
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 20 2009 02:04 GMT
#168
Bleh my comment is probably going to get lost in the 10 pages of comments. Anyway, I don't think that's what 'elitists' complain about.

You can compare raw mechanics, maybe skill to some extent. But the game paradigm changes and hence so do the match ups.

Playing ZvP in 2004 is NOTHING like playing ZvP today. Lurker contains barely are used (and if they are, they last some minutes, back then a contain could last almost a whole game). The match up is being standarized way more. A ZvP today on most maps is 9p / 12p expo, grab third, lair spire 5 hatch, sim city, hydra pump and then it might branch, but it usually doesn't, it's hydra ling to lurker/muta temp snipe.

Back then games branched a lot more cause the factors were not as stable as they are right now. A 2 gate attack by a protoss could end with a Templar follow up, with a forge expo, maybe even with the zerg losing his natural. And this were not exceptions like they might be today, I used to watch lots of replays, most of them from pros and it was not rare seeing games changing back and forth so much.

I drifted away too much from the main argument i think, but my main point is you can't compare results, or maybe even skill today to 3 or 4 years ago. You have lots of factors, maps, opponents, game paradigm. Dunno it doesn't make sense to me.

Of course you can say that the EffOrt of today would toy with the NaDa of today. But can he be as much accomplished? Can he dominate as much as NaDa did? or Oov? survive the test of time like both did? I don't think it even makes sense to seek and answer to these questions.

Ride the bandwagon, I will be in my elitist bus in the front, with a few others !
Moderator<:3-/-<
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 20 2009 02:10 GMT
#169
Also I really DO appreciate style. I will make a stupid comparison for the sake of it.

forGG has a MSL gold title. Iris has no gold titles.

forGG stats TvZ: 28-15 (65.12%)

IriS stats TvZ: vZ: 60-49 (55.05%)

forGG wins more, but I would watch IriS any day over forGG. He plays way more entertaining games, even if he loses to stupid shit now and then and I bang my head against the keyboard for it. He has that "fuck it" style in every match-up.

forGG will always wait for units if he finds a strong defence, mass up and then attack. IriS now and then just stims and pulls brilliant micro, risking the result of the game in one move maybe, but make it more entertaining and just catching lots of players with their pants down.
Moderator<:3-/-<
FallingTeardrops
Profile Joined October 2009
United States46 Posts
October 20 2009 02:25 GMT
#170
On October 20 2009 11:10 IntoTheWow wrote:
Also I really DO appreciate style. I will make a stupid comparison for the sake of it.

forGG has a MSL gold title. Iris has no gold titles.

forGG stats TvZ: 28-15 (65.12%)

IriS stats TvZ: vZ: 60-49 (55.05%)

forGG wins more, but I would watch IriS any day over forGG. He plays way more entertaining games, even if he loses to stupid shit now and then and I bang my head against the keyboard for it. He has that "fuck it" style in every match-up.

forGG will always wait for units if he finds a strong defence, mass up and then attack. IriS now and then just stims and pulls brilliant micro, risking the result of the game in one move maybe, but make it more entertaining and just catching lots of players with their pants down.


I could have sworn your rank icon 'LS' meant something...
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
October 20 2009 02:27 GMT
#171
He was an editor of liquiscoop.
ModeratorGodfather
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
October 20 2009 02:41 GMT
#172
Rofl, great read hotbid, I seriously needed this.
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
October 20 2009 02:41 GMT
#173
I'm a fanboy of whoever delivers the best results and at the moment, that is Jaedong.
Brood War loyalist
johnychan
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1 Post
October 20 2009 03:14 GMT
#174
the other post was good by the other guys...but this was superior in so many ways....
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
October 20 2009 03:18 GMT
#175
Great read. :D

Truthful, and sensible, although mindshattering for some of the nubs. Nice to see TL is emphasizing what needs to be emphasized.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
October 20 2009 03:21 GMT
#176
The incredible relative skill of those previous players can't be ignored. Though I in part agree with the author in saying that they shouldn't be seen as better than today's players they deserve for respect for their times. Heck, Aristotle looks like a moron looking back, but do we look at him like that now? No...
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 20 2009 03:26 GMT
#177
On October 20 2009 11:10 IntoTheWow wrote:
Also I really DO appreciate style. I will make a stupid comparison for the sake of it.

forGG has a MSL gold title. Iris has no gold titles.

forGG stats TvZ: 28-15 (65.12%)

IriS stats TvZ: vZ: 60-49 (55.05%)

forGG wins more, but I would watch IriS any day over forGG. He plays way more entertaining games, even if he loses to stupid shit now and then and I bang my head against the keyboard for it. He has that "fuck it" style in every match-up.

forGG will always wait for units if he finds a strong defence, mass up and then attack. IriS now and then just stims and pulls brilliant micro, risking the result of the game in one move maybe, but make it more entertaining and just catching lots of players with their pants down.

Actually, I wholeheartedly agree with this.

IriS is definitely one of my favourite players, and possibly my favourite player altogether.

I really like watching him play.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
barthos
Profile Joined September 2009
United States30 Posts
October 20 2009 04:32 GMT
#178
This is a far cry from being loyal to your home city. That geography doesn't exist in Starcraft. A bandwagoner is a stereotypically annoying bastard that cheers for some team he has no logical connection too except that they've become good recently. That CJ didn't win the last proleague (I think it was SKT1 right?) is evidence of Hot_Bid being a fan, not a bandwagoner.
good at watching replays
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
October 20 2009 04:38 GMT
#179
Groupthink x 5001 going on in here.
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
October 20 2009 05:02 GMT
#180
On October 20 2009 13:32 barthos wrote:
This is a far cry from being loyal to your home city. That geography doesn't exist in Starcraft

Geography doesn't exist in starcraft? What about half of all Draco fans? Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the article, although I am reminded that I hold Much in a special place for his PvZ. Yes, you read that right. Much[gm]'s PvZ. Oh, and I like (but not love) Nsp_Flower for his hilarious zodiac build when he made it to the MST and failed. Aside from those two, I'm quite a bandwagoner. I find myself appreciating nearly all of the top players, for no particular reason.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 14720
StarCastTV_EN368
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings102
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko191
OGKoka 72
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10194
Jaedong 5478
EffOrt 2638
BeSt 1085
actioN 845
Killer 666
Soma 602
ZerO 471
Horang2 455
Pusan 448
[ Show more ]
Zeus 237
Stork 216
Rush 173
JYJ 146
Barracks 116
Mong 58
ToSsGirL 55
HiyA 42
Terrorterran 32
Sexy 30
Bale 29
Sharp 26
Shinee 23
sorry 19
NaDa 18
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4723
XaKoH 448
Dendi100
League of Legends
Reynor51
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_1
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2300
crisheroes2066
Other Games
gofns57288
singsing1409
olofmeister1311
byalli577
Livibee200
Pyrionflax153
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick491
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 217
Other Games
BasetradeTV157
StarCraft 2
WardiTV75
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1697
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 46m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.