• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8223 users

Lost But Not Forgotten Mini Mafia - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 48 Next All
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 09:15 GMT
#641
I am a bit puzzled FF. Do you thimnk rels is scum? Or if not wtf is that question?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 10:00 GMT
#642
yamato who are your scumreads.
You seem to be having none.
table for two on a tv tray
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 20 2015 10:43 GMT
#643
the way he stated that, saying that you called that the geript lynch was 'too ez to be true' implies that he knows geript's alignment
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 10:57 GMT
#644
On July 20 2015 19:43 Fecalfeast wrote:
the way he stated that, saying that you called that the geript lynch was 'too ez to be true' implies that he knows geript's alignment

Well of course geript is town. So is Rels. He literally made the JL lynch happen. Cant you see that?
table for two on a tv tray
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 20 2015 10:59 GMT
#645
i am blind
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 11:01 GMT
#646
Like he made the case ppl sheeped..?!?!
table for two on a tv tray
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 20 2015 11:03 GMT
#647
and i made my comment without regard for the rest of the game
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 11:16 GMT
#648
Hmm.. maybe FF is mafia after all.
I cant understand how a townie would accuse the most townie player in the game over something this stupid.
table for two on a tv tray
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 20 2015 11:26 GMT
#649
who did i accuse i drew attention to a statement
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 20 2015 11:28 GMT
#650
I'm here, catching up and diving
Zerg for Life
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
July 20 2015 11:29 GMT
#651
it's 430am i'm going to bed
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 20 2015 11:47 GMT
#652
Looking outside the wagon. you have

rayn,onegu,yamato,plotspot,milo

So in order of most town to scum

I think of that group rayn has been the towniest, he may have been wrong a few times. (johnny,damdred,geript) but I think his thought process about the geript lynch was good and his read on damdred seemed like he believed it. Plus he claimed "lynch damdred if he is town lynch me d2" which feels very committal.

Onegu - I have no idea what is happening , totally bizarre day.

Plotspot, he's played weird. his early d1 seemed very strange, then his list post

On July 19 2015 03:28 plotspot wrote:
Thess are my rough reads so far.

Damdred: general sense making which is NAI, but does seem very involving and effortful, hence town lean

Fecalfeast: not sure if “angry” is the right word but IMO he overreacts with the “I concede”, voting himself, talking to yamato about bussing, it’s all NAI.

KSC: claiming VT, kinda aggressive towards me, is he town for doing this? Could he be mafia setting up an agenda?

Onegu: pff, town? He’s quite carefree in his posts, I’d read him town.

Yamato: suggesting a policy lynch, yamato not explaining a lot of things in the beginning, the interaction with Rels later kinda gives him his first townpoints in my eyes,

Show nested quote +
On July 19 2015 00:12 Damdred wrote:
For instance the somewhat pushing the policy lynch and some of his other posts just feel like he's thinking about the game a little bit at least. I can't quote atm but I'm pretty sure he is town.

This kinda explains pretty well why I’d think yamato is town.

JonnyLaw: ? too few posts, the tone looks towny though I don’t have any meta

Geript: geript has a pregame excuse of being rather inactive, too few posts, I can’t read anything from him yet, though it is of course strange how he doesn’t explain why he wants to lynch Onegu, yamato or Kelsier

Raynpelikoneet (mispelled filter name): I’d say town, but he draws so much ogi and meta, also some of his reads are quite mind-boggling to me:
Like:
1. yamato is town after 3-4 posts of his
2. Vayne being town after 2 posts
3. jonnylaw 4-5 posts into town
The thing is I kinda agree and have town vibes about them, but I don’t say “townpile” or “is town”, but that may just be the way he expresses himself.

Rels: I’d tend to agree with VA, but Rels is like this, asking many questions, often citing unanswered questions from somebody else and asking them to be answered, it’s NAI imo. Not sure about Rels, could have been voting me to get info.

VayneAuthority: late, but imo good entrance, he does provide reasons for his reads when prompted, townlean

I have to eat dinner now. If you want my opinion on particular topics, I'll try to give my opinions later.


he sort of slips johnny as town for no reason.
@plotspot I want to know how your yamato read developed.

@Rayn you brought up about how his EOD made no sense from a mafia perspective. Can you explain this to me.


Milo - AFK

Yamato - Again I have my own personal feeling that he was pocketing me, his reaction to having a mafia lynched was totally out of proportion.

He was against a johnny lynch

On July 20 2015 02:22 yamato77 wrote:
Geript is not town.

Rayn ands damdred both probably are

Johnny lynch is a complete crapshoot.


He then came back with this.

On July 20 2015 10:01 yamato77 wrote:
You are all retarded

Don't pat yourselves on the back just because you lynched a mafia today


this isn't how town should feel. Plus that d1 lynch was actually very good, VA and rels made good cases and he didn't come back for the defence. So calling people who voted him retarded just isn't a good assesment.

Milo - AFK probably mafia.

I'd lynch Yamato or Plotspot tomorrow. Milo probably gets modkilled.




Zerg for Life
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 12:01 GMT
#653
There is no way plotspot as mafia is going to save JL at that point. He would have bussed for cred if he was mafia most likely.
table for two on a tv tray
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 20 2015 12:15 GMT
#654
On July 20 2015 21:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
There is no way plotspot as mafia is going to save JL at that point. He would have bussed for cred if he was mafia most likely.


well he'd already called johnny town so it looks bad if he just decides to jump on the wagon at the end
Zerg for Life
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 12:53 GMT
#655
Kelsier:
If my thought process on geript was good why did you continue pushing him?
table for two on a tv tray
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 20 2015 13:01 GMT
#656
On July 20 2015 21:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Kelsier:
If my thought process on geript was good why did you continue pushing him?


Because I just went back and read through. The first time I saw it I still thought geript was mafia so I kept pushing him.

Zerg for Life
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 13:56 GMT
#657
On July 20 2015 22:01 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2015 21:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Kelsier:
If my thought process on geript was good why did you continue pushing him?


Because I just went back and read through. The first time I saw it I still thought geript was mafia so I kept pushing him.


So what has changed?
Just because i was right and geript is most likely town does not mean i am town for it.
table for two on a tv tray
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
July 20 2015 14:01 GMT
#658
On July 20 2015 22:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2015 22:01 KelsierSC wrote:
On July 20 2015 21:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Kelsier:
If my thought process on geript was good why did you continue pushing him?


Because I just went back and read through. The first time I saw it I still thought geript was mafia so I kept pushing him.


So what has changed?
Just because i was right and geript is most likely town does not mean i am town for it.


Well I don't think geript is mafia anymore so I could go back and look at things with a different perspective.
I looked over the people who didn't vote on Johnny.

I had you as town from D1 anyway and I saw that post about geript being town because mafia just wasn't giving a fuck about saving him. That seemed to come from a town perspective.
Zerg for Life
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 20 2015 15:10 GMT
#659
@Kelsier
My reads were about 20 hours into the game. I said these were rough reads, I put a question mark on Jonny, I even said it's just a tone read with no meta. I didn't say I townread him hard in this, there was clearly lots of uncertainty in this read.

Jonny had 2 phases of posting. In the first phase he makes 4 posts. If you read again his 4 posts and say "ok, if somebody posted like that, then 95% of the time he is mafia", then you obviously have some super skills. I tended to think "ok, jonny doesn't look clean here, but it's rather he could be town and mafia uses his posts to gather a wagon on him later"

At that time, remember that the most suspicion fell on geript, he had 3 votes. I was already thinking "yea looks nice, but I don't buy it, I don't think geript is gonna get lynched". Jonny came in with his reason why he had to afk 34 hours into the game. Then suddenly I see the gears shifting starting on p18. Damdred and geript talking to each other with Damdred ever so much pushing a lynch on jonny for his weird posts. Well in retrospect we can say it was good, damdred saw jonny appearing and wants to get more info out of him. But at that time it looked to me like my thoughts are being confirmed. Votes are shifting away from geript, with Damdred casting suspicion onto jonny, trying to convince geript as well. Geript disagrees for a while, but then finally jumps to jonny too. Hence later I said there was a strong connection between Damdred and geript. Geript even earlier talks about Damdred being his mason partner,which confused me a bit as there was no mason in this game. He probably simply meant they can read each other very well, which is meta meta meta again.

I had a slight townread on Damdred, but the things unfolding there would fit the theory I had in mind, especially when rayn jumps in later and they both started to scumread each other. Geript was still of the opinion that we should lynch Kelsier, while rayn hard defends him (Kelsier). At that time for me, all of the 4 Kelsier, rayn, geript and Damdred could be potentially be mafia. So till the very end I was still working on figuring out the Kel vs geript story, as I believed I could find mafia there.

I also looked at the case rels had against jonny and it hinges on exactly the part that he thinks the smiley argument was directed at FF and not me. The thing is I think it is NAI at best. Anybody could have made that mistake, why is such a mistake reserved for mafia? It's too blatant and irreparable, so it doesn't really matter what jonny says afterwards in his defense. This is what he chose to say as point four of Rels case:

On July 20 2015 05:43 Rels wrote:
Forth
When I ask Jonny to confirm that explanation, he backs off and abandon his previous explanation.
+ Show Spoiler +

On July 20 2015 03:04 JonnyLaw wrote:
oh uhh...sure I don't know what I was thinking there to be honest. I was writing a quick post before I passed out after a late night. Apparently it's what I felt at that particular moment. We can debate this one line if that's what you want but I'd rather talk about someone important.




So he backpedals like a mafia? If he was town, what should he have said instead? So I thought if he was screwed anyway, regardless of being scum or town, why must he be screwed as mafia. It's NAI.

---

So in summary, I had a very-soft town read on jonny with some doubts. The townreading was reinforced when my paranoid senses got fed when votes were slowly piling on jonny, like I'd rather want to believe it is more difficult than that, that the scum team does something like that, rather than jonny just being scum. The case of Rels is nice, but I thought it was NAI.

I voted for fecalfeast because it was the best I could do, when I was under time-pressure and not be able to clearly identify scum in either Kelsier or geript.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 15:15 GMT
#660
So plotspot your whole game seems to have been about finding mafia amongst Kelsier, Damdred, rayn and geript.
Then your vote enss up on.... FecalFeast?!?!
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 561
ProTech158
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16645
Calm 3365
Mini 419
Mind 85
910 65
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc5466
canceldota60
monkeys_forever0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4236
Other Games
FrodaN990
Beastyqt522
olofmeister339
Liquid`Hasu306
Khaldor258
Livibee188
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 131
ZombieGrub57
QueenE55
BRAT_OK 31
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• 80smullet 21
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV374
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra480
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 18m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.