• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:34
CEST 10:34
KST 17:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8508 users

Lost But Not Forgotten Mini Mafia - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 48 Next All
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 15:26 GMT
#661
For the record i would still want to lynch Damdred for his bad read on me unless it wasn't that he basically made the JL lynch happen.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 15:26 GMT
#662
meh i have a problem.
which one of Onegu, yamato & FF is town?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 15:36 GMT
#663
Yeah it's probably FF who is town.

Onegu doesn't talk about anything related to anything whenever he posts.
yamato's response to a scumflip makes no sense from town perspective.
table for two on a tv tray
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 20 2015 15:37 GMT
#664
yeah, basically fecalfeast was one of my scumreads, though I haven't clearly stated this in the thread before I voted him. The thing is I tried to read the interactions you guys had, it was the highlight of the last 8 hours of the game, to find another mafia, because I believe in this critical juncture one could identify relationships and scums the most efficiently.
The one I believe to be most townish were you, from there I tried to established whether damdred could be mafia, but it was hard, because I actually had damdred as townish too. So I left you two like that.
Then kelsier and geript. The only one that matters was probably geript, because he had still 2 votes or so. I was trying to find evidences that geript was mafia, but no I couldn't, He was here fighting all this time, and the Kel vs him was some misunderstanding. I was running out of time and I thought I'm not voting for someone I'm not certain was more scummy than ff.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 15:45 GMT
#665
So you wasted the entire 48h into no conclusion at all and also wasted your vote?
table for two on a tv tray
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
July 20 2015 15:46 GMT
#666
yamato still hasn't posted ??

If we have a vig, he should shoot him because :
- if he stays silent, we lose a day not talking about anything
- I feel almost everyone wants to lynch him, so if he is town, we won't gain any info
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 15:58 GMT
#667
plotspot:

I still want you to elaborate on this.
This is literally what happened timewise:
rayn: yamato is town
people: why?
rayn: because of this...
damdred: [gives same explanation i did]
rayn: yeah damdred put that better

plotspot: Damdred is town for explaining his town read on yamato, rayn is null because he has an unexplained townread on yamato
rayn: what? that is not true. i literally gave the same reasoning for yamato to be most likely town BEFORE damdred did it
plotspot: yamato has made 3 posts before you said "nvm yamato is town". Damdred only said "Kinda think Yamato feels town". In my opinion there is a difference in certainty the way both of you expressed it.
rayn: no we literally said the same thing. me saying "town" instead of "maybe town" (which btw i actually did say if you read anything closely) doesn't mean anything
plotspot: Wait, I didn't form a read about you based on not knowing where you got your hard townread on yamato so fast. I was wondering how you can townread someone so fast. You say "yamato is town" at that moment. Is it (a) you have advanced meta or (b) you think "yamato might be town" but say "yamato is town" for undisclosed reasons? Which is it?

So now it is not about my read? It's about me townreading someone so fast.
Why can't i townread someone so fast? Why can Damdred? And why is it townie for him and not for me?
Again, we had LITERALLY the same exact reasoning for the read, not to mention i gave my reasoning first, so it's again impossible for you to consider i made up my reasoning from town!Damdred's.
table for two on a tv tray
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 20 2015 15:58 GMT
#668
I kinda would rather shoot onegu maybe tonight.

i'll have some more in depth thoughts shortly, but I kinda feel that rayn is town here again.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:01 GMT
#669
On July 21 2015 00:58 Damdred wrote:
I kinda would rather shoot onegu maybe tonight.

i'll have some more in depth thoughts shortly, but I kinda feel that rayn is town here again.

well you called me town,scum,town,scum,town for my read on you.
Then you called me scum again. Now you call me town again.

And your reasoning for scumreading is that "rayn changes his read on me based on same things".
hypocrite

I am being honest if you didn't help lynching JL that much i would be all over you. But you are most likely town. Just please do not use the same reasoning you do yourself to scumread people. It's really bad.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:05 GMT
#670
Like this is what i have said about my yamato read on D1:
On July 18 2015 18:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yamato is town because there is a clarly seen thought process behind his posting. Imo his posts as mafia lack that. It's hard to explain. I'll elaborate further in case people think he is mafia when i get home in ~10h.

In between here Damdred elaborates on his read on yamato.
On July 19 2015 00:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Well yeah, Damdred put that yamato read well.

Yamato will explain what he is thinking eventually. At the moment i don't care what his thought process is but i can see there being one. That is how i literally read yamato early on in the game. I am not claiming i am 100% accurate on that this early on, but i am really confident i will get his alignment right when he starts posting more and making bigger posts that actually show his thought process.

And yes, so far he seems town for his posts. There is no bullshit like in scumato posts there pretty much always is more or less even more.


If someone who claims they have read the thread makes a post like this:
You say "yamato is town" at that moment. Is it (a) you have advanced meta or (b) you think "yamato might be town" but say "yamato is town" for undisclosed reasons? Which is it?

... my gut says they are either lying or not reading properly.

So which is it plotspot, and why?
table for two on a tv tray
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
July 20 2015 16:08 GMT
#671
You should actually read rayn. I even admitted in the thread that what I said didn't make you scum at that point once I found that someone else had given me a town read before you slipped into calling me scum for horrible reasons.

I did ask geript to help me understand the thought process he saw that's true, and the weird read on jl made me question your alignment.

and I went townish-scum-town ty very much
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:09 GMT
#672
Well it's not important since neither of us is mafia.
table for two on a tv tray
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 20 2015 16:11 GMT
#673
yea wait give me some time, I was searching for that part, there were two phases where you guys town read yamato. It could be that we talk about the wrong part.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:12 GMT
#674
I genuinely believed JL was town.

If i was around yesterday (FYI i never intentionally afk as mafia - truth is i was sick, probably because of hangover) i would have 100% voted for JL as he either lied about my presence in the game or didn't read the thread at all.

He literally called me "inactive" when i had the most posts in the game. So yeah.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:13 GMT
#675
On July 21 2015 01:11 plotspot wrote:
yea wait give me some time, I was searching for that part, there were two phases where you guys town read yamato. It could be that we talk about the wrong part.

Interesting. Go ahead please.
table for two on a tv tray
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 20 2015 16:27 GMT
#676
I think if we go chronologically, we can iron this out. Yamato made these three posts:
On July 18 2015 07:46 yamato77 wrote:
I propose a policy lynch of plotspot

On July 18 2015 08:31 yamato77 wrote:
I still want to lynch plotspot.

On July 18 2015 11:32 yamato77 wrote:
Geript also not a terrible lynch.

Neither is FF for that matter.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Then Damdred reads him slightly town.
On July 18 2015 12:47 Damdred wrote:
Kinda think Yamato feels town.

You said afterwards
On July 18 2015 16:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Nvm yamato is town.

So what I said earlier
On July 19 2015 05:13 plotspot wrote:
You say "yamato is town" at that moment. Is it (a) you have advanced meta or (b) you think "yamato might be town" but say "yamato is town" for undisclosed reasons? Which is it?

applies to this and not to your quoted posts recently.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:35 GMT
#677
Wrong.
Obviously it applies to my recently quoted posts because those posts happened before you made your post.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 20 2015 16:36 GMT
#678
Like do you just selectively read some posts and not all of them?
Did you just read Damdred's explanation and not mine? Or what?
table for two on a tv tray
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 20 2015 17:02 GMT
#679
no wait calm down I'm not done. After his first phase of posting these 3 posts. Yamato then makes 4 more posts
On July 18 2015 18:09 yamato77 wrote:
rayn could be town

On July 18 2015 18:09 yamato77 wrote:
damdred almost certainly is btw

I also think onegu is leaning town

On July 18 2015 18:18 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2015 18:14 Rels wrote:
I have town leans on yamato KSC and damdred atm.

On July 18 2015 18:09 yamato77 wrote:
I also think onegu is leaning town

Can you explain ? 'cause he seems to post a looot more than the last few games I obs of him, where he was town each time I think.

it's early in this game and there aren't many posts overall

onegu has been fairly active early in this game, however trollish he has been

On July 18 2015 18:22 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2015 18:21 Rels wrote:
On July 18 2015 18:18 yamato77 wrote:
On July 18 2015 18:14 Rels wrote:
I have town leans on yamato KSC and damdred atm.

On July 18 2015 18:09 yamato77 wrote:
I also think onegu is leaning town

Can you explain ? 'cause he seems to post a looot more than the last few games I obs of him, where he was town each time I think.

it's early in this game and there aren't many posts overall

onegu has been fairly active early in this game, however trollish he has been

That may be bad meta, but I remember town Onegu being mostly AFK day 1 in all the games I obsed, and in each game people kept saying how Onegu loved being scum and was AFK as town to justify that.

so if he plays early D1 he's mafia?

it is almost certainly bad meta

Then you posted this
On July 18 2015 18:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yamato is town because there is a clarly seen thought process behind his posting. Imo his posts as mafia lack that. It's hard to explain. I'll elaborate further in case people think he is mafia when i get home in ~10h.

Then damdred post this
On July 19 2015 00:12 Damdred wrote:
Rayn and I use the same metric for reading Yamato, and a lot of it comes from experience in playing with him


For instance the somewhat pushing the policy lynch and some of his other posts just feel like he's thinking about the game a little bit at least. I can't quote atm but I'm pretty sure he is town.

Then you posted this:
On July 19 2015 00:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Well yeah, Damdred put that yamato read well.

Yamato will explain what he is thinking eventually. At the moment i don't care what his thought process is but i can see there being one. That is how i literally read yamato early on in the game. I am not claiming i am 100% accurate on that this early on, but i am really confident i will get his alignment right when he starts posting more and making bigger posts that actually show his thought process.

And yes, so far he seems town for his posts. There is no bullshit like in scumato posts there pretty much always is more or less even more.

After that I came with my list where I was wondering how you can hardread yamato town so fast after his 3 initial posts. I'm not talking about his later 4 posts, after which you provided your reasonings on town-reading yamato.
---
So I'm wondering about these two phases.
After 3 initial posts from yamato you say "yamato is town". Was it (a) some advanced meta or (b) you think yamato might be town, but still said he IS town because you express yourself like that. Would your explanation be any different if yamato hasn't made his 4 additional posts?
So after his 3 initial posts, you would still use your explanation and the 4 additional ones didn't matter and were just coincidence? I just want to know how you townread yamato after 3 posts, without the additional 4 posts, because they are there in between your actual explanation, I cannot simply ignore them. What were the reasons you townread him after 3 posts (not after 7 posts total of yamato). Like I totally accept it if you said, yeah they wouldn't have changed my reasonings at all, it's just coincidence or reinforcements of what I think and posted as reasoning.
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
July 20 2015 17:04 GMT
#680
yeah, I'm going home now, I'll be back in 3 hours.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 111
EnDerr 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2495
Rain 1485
FanTaSy 381
Soma 143
Yoon 117
Stork 77
NotJumperer 72
Mong 50
Killer 48
Bale 34
[ Show more ]
Shinee 30
Hm[arnc] 25
Sharp 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
yabsab 13
Noble 9
League of Legends
JimRising 514
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1221
shoxiejesuss460
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Other Games
summit1g8185
ceh9518
Happy347
singsing0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick625
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1025
• Stunt466
Other Games
• Shiphtur837
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 26m
INu's Battles
2h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 26m
OSC
13h 41m
Replay Cast
14h 26m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.