• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:48
CEST 13:48
KST 20:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10079 users

Resistance 3 - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 55 56 57 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 01:23 GMT
#81
I don't want to go into specifics but i do not agree Hopeless. There are specific scenarios where not picking yourself is more beneficial than picking yourself.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 01:25 GMT
#82
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.
table for two on a tv tray
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 01:30 GMT
#83
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 27 2013 01:33 GMT
#84
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 01:37 GMT
#85
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


The same amount as you would be if you were on the mission yourself.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 27 2013 01:37 GMT
#86
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


It should be a consideration, not a slam dunk.

But there is at least one spy on the team, that is concrete information. So you look at the leaders motivations for sending each person on the team.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 27 2013 01:40 GMT
#87
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?

Only if Rayn is the leader.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 27 2013 01:44 GMT
#88
On December 27 2013 10:37 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


It should be a consideration, not a slam dunk.

But there is at least one spy on the team, that is concrete information. So you look at the leaders motivations for sending each person on the team.

but now, you've coerced a player into doing "town's" bidding without having a clear view of his motive. I find that the vote mechanics serve to control how you view players much better than forcing the teams that people want to see.

Since we have up to 5 opportunities to get this done each round, I'd rather be confident in my read of the leader (and subsequently his selected companions) than have to second guess his motives down the road.

I'm not saying that each round is going to slam-dunk. I think that the consideration should FOLLOW the team being selected when people vote on it, and the leader should be playing to their optimal scenario.

[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 02:05 GMT
#89
On December 27 2013 10:44 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:37 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


It should be a consideration, not a slam dunk.

But there is at least one spy on the team, that is concrete information. So you look at the leaders motivations for sending each person on the team.

but now, you've coerced a player into doing "town's" bidding without having a clear view of his motive. I find that the vote mechanics serve to control how you view players much better than forcing the teams that people want to see.

Since we have up to 5 opportunities to get this done each round, I'd rather be confident in my read of the leader (and subsequently his selected companions) than have to second guess his motives down the road.

I'm not saying that each round is going to slam-dunk. I think that the consideration should FOLLOW the team being selected when people vote on it, and the leader should be playing to their optimal scenario.


Wouldn't "optimal" imply a scenario that you have control over, as opposed to the next person in line?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 02:54 GMT
#90
From a voting standpoint, I think it doesn't matter whether the leader sends himself or not. If you think the leader is town, you are going to trust his selections the same no matter who is on it. In fact, it might be even better if the leader decides not to put himself on the team as we are able to see more of his concrete reads and opinions.

This is just me theory-crafting but let me know if I am way off.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 27 2013 03:08 GMT
#91
There are definitely situations where the leader would not put himself in. It would probably be best to analyse this case by case when these kinds of situations arise, because I always find that people suggesting sub-optimal teams, getting rejected, and letting the next good team pass gives more information than people doing the right play in the first place. We get information for why they chose the team, who approved the team, and who rejected it.

Anyways, other than Koshi who wants to be in, are there any other suggestions on who should be sent on the first mission? Since it's the first one, I'm alright with any team that goes in.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 03:12 GMT
#92
If Koshi is going to troll, I'm not sure if I want him going on missions. Would it help our read of him or just hinder our chances at getting a good mission?
Grubby's #1 Fan
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 27 2013 03:15 GMT
#93
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

This is my feeling as well. I will go further to say that it's not inherently scummy about refusing to up-vote a team that doesn't include one's self, but it's strictly speaking closed minded and overly cautious play.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 27 2013 03:25 GMT
#94
We definitely need to be willing to vote for missions that don't include ourselves; otherwise, we would just get stuck with the final leader's selection. But, if you think you can feasibly get your team voted through with yourself on it then that is optimal.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 27 2013 03:29 GMT
#95
On December 27 2013 11:05 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:44 Hopeless1der wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:37 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


It should be a consideration, not a slam dunk.

But there is at least one spy on the team, that is concrete information. So you look at the leaders motivations for sending each person on the team.

but now, you've coerced a player into doing "town's" bidding without having a clear view of his motive. I find that the vote mechanics serve to control how you view players much better than forcing the teams that people want to see.

Since we have up to 5 opportunities to get this done each round, I'd rather be confident in my read of the leader (and subsequently his selected companions) than have to second guess his motives down the road.

I'm not saying that each round is going to slam-dunk. I think that the consideration should FOLLOW the team being selected when people vote on it, and the leader should be playing to their optimal scenario.


Wouldn't "optimal" imply a scenario that you have control over, as opposed to the next person in line?

I guess optimally would be the team that best fulfills the conditions where the members are all town and Vote consensus=Yay. You have more control over the team selected and less control over the vote consensus. If we're talking in absolutes, then yes - if I know a team with me in it will be rejected, I shouldnt put it up there. However, I am very hesitant to believe the game will get to the point where I assume everyone thinks I am a spy.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 27 2013 03:30 GMT
#96
On December 27 2013 12:25 Grackaroni wrote:
We definitely need to be willing to vote for missions that don't include ourselves; otherwise, we would just get stuck with the final leader's selection. But, if you think you can feasibly get your team voted through with yourself on it then that is optimal.

If 4/5 leaders all look like scum, we got other problems to deal with my friend.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 04:19 GMT
#97
So everybody is basically saying the same thing over and over again. There are 6 townies. If you exclude yourself there are 5 townies. Even the last missions require only max 5 people. You can select an all town team even if you exclude yourself. Therefore, in case you are considered not necessarily town and your team would be refused if you are in it, it's better to select other people. If you select a team which gets 8 nay votes, it tells us nothing. Voting patterns are the most important thing (obviously besides mission results) in this game because there are no flips.

Anyone who refuses to cooperate in mission selection as a leader and pushes through a selection that is doomed to get a fuckton of nay votes should not go a mission. That's what i think.

On December 27 2013 12:08 Chairman Ray wrote:
There are definitely situations where the leader would not put himself in. It would probably be best to analyse this case by case when these kinds of situations arise, because I always find that people suggesting sub-optimal teams, getting rejected, and letting the next good team pass gives more information than people doing the right play in the first place. We get information for why they chose the team, who approved the team, and who rejected it.

Anyways, other than Koshi who wants to be in, are there any other suggestions on who should be sent on the first mission? Since it's the first one, I'm alright with any team that goes in.

I think you are scum because of this. In 5 pl setup this works because it's actually better to pass the first mission as scum, in 9 pl setup this is different and not necessarily true. Seems to me like an attempt to stop the conversation before it even started.

CR - Does Koshi seem town to you? Why?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 04:58 GMT
#98
Corazon if you were a leader now would you send a team that does not include yourself?
table for two on a tv tray
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 05:01 GMT
#99
On December 27 2013 13:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Corazon if you were a leader now would you send a team that does not include yourself?

Seeing as I just said that I don't really think it matters, I don't understand why are you asking that question.

Grubby's #1 Fan
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 27 2013 05:06 GMT
#100
Because you job as a leader is to send 3 townies on a mission. You knowing your alignment why would you not send yourself?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 55 56 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 750
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings185
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27822
Shuttle 11724
FanTaSy 1602
Hyuk 1022
Horang2 564
BeSt 495
Mini 288
Pusan 240
Stork 213
EffOrt 162
[ Show more ]
Killer 143
Last 138
Zeus 122
Mind 90
ggaemo 69
Hyun 54
PianO 42
Snow 42
Sea.KH 40
sorry 39
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 25
Aegong 22
zelot 18
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi225
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
byalli822
x6flipin288
Other Games
gofns33915
singsing2939
B2W.Neo831
Hui .77
Livibee66
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 12m
Replay Cast
11h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.