• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:49
CEST 06:49
KST 13:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7612 users

Resistance 3 - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 55 56 57 Next
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 24 2013 05:37 GMT
#41
On December 24 2013 11:59 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 11:53 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 24 2013 11:45 FirmTofu wrote:
On December 24 2013 11:37 VisceraEyes wrote:
/in

The leader selecting 4 players on D3 and 4 is a mechanic of the game and must be included.

Edit: The idea is that it increases the risk of sending the same successful team throughout the game, forcing the leaders to consider other players that haven't been on successful missions.

What do you suggest for day 5? I'm curious why the hosts of Resistance 2 did it differently from the Wikipedia reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resistance_(game), which recommends 3,4,4,5,5 for each consecutive day, respectively.


hi.

That was done to make the game a little easier since the spy team wrecked resistance 1, since everyone was so lost.

Read the pre-game chatter in Tunnel rats, lots of confusion about the first game, what they we're meant to be doing ect.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Do you have any suggestions for the # of people sent per day?


In the official rules for number of players sent, it is 3,4,4,5(2),5 where 5(2) means that two fails must be required. From my experiences, this setup does work out with a fairly balanced winrate. This setup still has one major flaw in it, but it will be fine.

I'm curious to see how the game changes with the voting thread though. Typically the game is played with everyone voting simultaneously, but having an open voting thread can really change the game strategically.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 24 2013 05:44 GMT
#42
3 4 4 5(2) 5 is optimal imo
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 05:47 GMT
#43
On December 24 2013 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
3 4 4 5(2) 5 is optimal imo


Let's try it out.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
December 24 2013 16:42 GMT
#44
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll go with 3 4 4 5(2) 5. We can always change this for the next resistance game if it doesn't work out.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 16:46:19
December 24 2013 16:46 GMT
#45
On December 24 2013 12:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
This rule:
Show nested quote +
If the 4th suggested team is rejected, the 5th team suggested team will automatically be vetted and we will immediately move into night phase.

Isn't it supposed to be: "In case the proposed team gets rejected 5 times in a row spies automatically win the mission"?

My rule is essentially the same as that rule. This just speeds up the process in the interest of avoiding formalities. Town will surely accept the 5th team in the interest of not losing so I tweaked the rules to speed up the game.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
December 24 2013 23:59 GMT
#46
A lover of resistance wants to sign up. :3 /in
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
December 25 2013 17:58 GMT
#47
/obs
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 26 2013 03:28 GMT
#48
Merry Christmas everyone!

I guess we're culling from these 10 signups then?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-26 21:32:55
December 26 2013 21:07 GMT
#49
Signups are closed. Game will start soon. I'll throw up the player list in a bit. Stay tuned guys.

EDIT: The player list is finalized. Because all players have played in 5 or more games, Cephiro cannot play this time around. My apologies.

@Cephiro, feel free to /replace if you would like.

Leader Order:

[image loading]
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-26 22:03:31
December 26 2013 21:52 GMT
#50
Game will begin in ten minutes. I'm giving Adam an extra 5 hours so that we can (collectively) get acquainted with how things work.

If you don't receive a role pm by 14:00 PST, you are a member of the Resistance. If you do, you are a Spy.

GL and HF!
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-02 21:07:54
December 26 2013 22:01 GMT
#51
Day 1: Phase 1
T'was a dark, and ominous day. The Resistance was growing in support and was finally prepared to launch a series of attacks on the Spy stronghold. Unfortunately, they knew some of the Spies had infiltrated their ranks. They entrusted Adam4167 to head the first mission, at least for the time being...

Leader Order:
1. Adam4167
2. VisceraEyes
3. Koshi
4. Grackaroni
5. Hopeless1der
6. Corazon
7. Chairman Ray
8. [UoN]Sentinel
9. raynpelikoneet

Current Leader: Adam4167

Deadline to Propose a Team: 04:00 GMT (+00:00)
Countdown:


If you didn't receive a role pm, you are a member of the Resistance. If you did, you are a Spy.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 26 2013 22:03 GMT
#52
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
December 26 2013 22:04 GMT
#53
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 26 2013 22:20 GMT
#54
wooooo first.

I'll pick a team consisting of people who are actively involved in the game and look town. I'd like to think i'm pretty good at finding townies, and I only need to find two since I'll be including myself in the team.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 26 2013 22:27 GMT
#55
On a mission, the number of sabotages is revealed, correct?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 26 2013 22:30 GMT
#56
On December 27 2013 07:20 Adam4167 wrote:
wooooo first.

I'll pick a team consisting of people who are actively involved in the game and look town. I'd like to think i'm pretty good at finding townies, and I only need to find two since I'll be including myself in the team.

ooh pick me pick me.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
December 26 2013 22:30 GMT
#57
On December 27 2013 07:27 Chairman Ray wrote:
On a mission, the number of sabotages is revealed, correct?

Yes, you will be told how many sabotages occurred.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 26 2013 22:40 GMT
#58
On December 27 2013 07:30 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 07:20 Adam4167 wrote:
wooooo first.

I'll pick a team consisting of people who are actively involved in the game and look town. I'd like to think i'm pretty good at finding townies, and I only need to find two since I'll be including myself in the team.

ooh pick me pick me.


So which grack am I getting this game?

The trolling one from LXIII or the one I remember from Student?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 26 2013 22:42 GMT
#59
On December 27 2013 07:40 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 07:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On December 27 2013 07:20 Adam4167 wrote:
wooooo first.

I'll pick a team consisting of people who are actively involved in the game and look town. I'd like to think i'm pretty good at finding townies, and I only need to find two since I'll be including myself in the team.

ooh pick me pick me.


So which grack am I getting this game?

The trolling one from LXIII or the one I remember from Student?

Did I troll in LXIII too?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 26 2013 22:54 GMT
#60
oh yeah! I love this game <3

I'm off for ~2h, then let's play!
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 55 56 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 510
Hyuk 460
Leta 75
NaDa 43
TT1 20
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm255
League of Legends
JimRising 748
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft461
Mew2King98
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1058
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Lourlo1094
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 11m
INu's Battles
7h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 11m
Replay Cast
18h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.