• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:23
CEST 14:23
KST 21:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8699 users

"##" Mafia - Page 99

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 245 Next
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 16:44 GMT
#1961
That's a good point, and I do think OOHChild has a good chance of flipping scum.
I'll think about it more since I still think SnB is objectively scummy for several reasons.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 16:45 GMT
#1962
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 16:49 GMT
#1963
On October 31 2013 01:12 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 23:31 WaveofShadow wrote:
Fuck this useless smurf discussion. There was enough time for it pregame when no one would believe me.
Its not scumhunting and I don't want to give an attention whore asshole more attention than os absolutely necessary.

Seuss when you come back can I get some updated reads from you? You tend to consider things that I don't and I'd be very interested to hear what you think atm.


Ask and you shall receive.

First and foremost I don't care who kush is or if OOHCHILD is kush, his play has been nothing short of scum-city. While he's had the odd good point here or there, he's been extremely disruptive, unhelpful, distracting, and more.

His nuke on Wave also makes zero sense. This was OOHCHILD before the lynch yesterday:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 01:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
Popping in to say I hate the WoS lynch. It feels like the only reason why are lynching him is because he isn't here.

I'm letting Pandain go.
Im letting Marv go (don't see what is so town about him though)

I would lynch Seuss, HotCottonCandy, or Sentinel.

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:15 OOHCHILD wrote:
Seuss looks pretty transparent and town with his recent explanations. Especially for second game scum. Going back to WoS I guess. I would rather lynch Sentinel or HotCottonCandy though.


The last we heard from him Day 1 he'd rather lynch Sentinel or HotCottonCandy over WaveofShadow. Fast-forward to nuke-city and the first thing he does is nuke WaveofShadow. Not a word as to why, just FIRE ZE MISSILES!

Now I'm willing to give him a pass on Sentinel because nuke-city changed things on that front. However, we have no explanation for why HotCottonCandy wasn't considered. Outside of the Clarity flip nothing had really changed there, and as of yet we haven't received a good explanation (calling it an "impulsive move" is up there with the "bored of mafia" defense he gave for Clarity).

Looking over HotCottonCandy's history there's nothing that stands out connecting or disconnecting him from OOHCHILD. At one point he suggested voting for OOHCHILD when the choice seemed to be Clarity or OOHCHILD, but outside of that HotCottonCandy has only mentioned him in passing. I don't feel confident reading much into their interactions or lack thereof, but I will analyze HotCottonCandy.


I'll forgive HotCottonCandy for waffling back and forth with his opinion on me during the pre-lynch insanity; I was under a lot of scrutiny at the time and there was a lot going on. However, I haven't liked his approach to the whole nuke situation:

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 09:47 HotCottonCandy wrote:
We should probably all use our nukes regardless if they are real or not, much easier to read people like this because there's no hiding behind anything, you attempt to nuke one person and it says a lot about your alignment and where you stand. I'll be nuking some one soon after I read a few more filters.


On the one hand he's correct that you can read a lot into a person's thoughts and motivations based on their nuke choice. However, a town's greatest strength is its community, and telling everyone to follow their bliss is a great recipe for chaos, confusion, and counter-productivity.

Case in point, if everyone hadn't been so trigger happy we could, as has been suggested several times, effectively had a lightning-lynch round. Instead we currently have chaos because OOHCHILD, Koshi, Oatsmaster and others had to push the red button.

HotCottonCandy also acted extremely surprised when strongandbig nuked him after he'd been actively and vocally contemplating nuking strongandbig. It's pretty obvious from how strongandbig went about the actual nuking that he was being vindictive. I think it's a stretch at this point to think it was anything more than that, as strongandbig's play post-lynch hasn't shown him capable of that kind of duplicity and forethought.


So right now I've got a strong scum read on OOHCHILD, and I'm suspicious of HotCottonCandy.


A quick thought on Oatsmaster's confusing Koshi nuke. Even if you assume Koshi's question is scummy, we had hours that could have been spent grilling Koshi on that before we needed to fire nukes at him. Oatsmaster's play there is in keeping with the grand traditions routine irresponsibility of this game (hashtag first, ask questions later), and I'm reevaluating him accordingly.

Thanks monte.
It's nice to have a fresh perspective untainted by meta on kush(?) and VA. I'm particularly unsure of my town read on VA (hotcottoncandy to you) to begin with so I'm going to look over what you've said more closely.

Regarding OOHCHILD, assuming that you know nothing about him beyond what he has done in this game, do you think it is likely play as scum to be attention-grabbing, abrasive and insulting as he has been, despite his random waffling on me? I'm curious.


Prome, I'm kinda shocked you mentioned the ##Paranoia because I forgot about it---it's not role related essentially. I just felt like hashtagging it for shits, but I meant I'm paranoid because there's always a feeling in the back of mind that the strong players in any game (ie you or marv---he can vouch for me on this, even when we have our little discussions as town v town i always worry to some small degree he's scum), no matter who they may be, are scum pulling some crazy shit.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 30 2013 16:50 GMT
#1964
On October 31 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
Does anyone disagree SnB is scum btw?

I do

Why am I scum

No one has made a case I can respond to

Also I'm not

Also I'm probably dying at the end of night anyway
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 16:51 GMT
#1965
My main problem with OOHCHILD/kush is that I could very easily vote for him tomorrow (I am assuming nothing goes down with any of these nukes) but I'm trying to do it untainted by personal bias/meta and I may not be able to do so.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 16:52 GMT
#1966
On October 31 2013 01:50 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
Does anyone disagree SnB is scum btw?

I do

Why am I scum

No one has made a case I can respond to

Also I'm not

Also I'm probably dying at the end of night anyway

I will. Give me a few. And marv preflip association bad. I don't want to assume OOHCHILD is scum hard-defending SnB yet.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 16:54 GMT
#1967
On October 31 2013 01:44 Pandain wrote:
That's a good point, and I do think OOHChild has a good chance of flipping scum.
I'll think about it more since I still think SnB is objectively scummy for several reasons.

I hate sentences like this. They mean nothing. I could lynch about 7 players for being "objectively" scummy for several "reasons".
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 16:55 GMT
#1968
On October 31 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:50 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
Does anyone disagree SnB is scum btw?

I do

Why am I scum

No one has made a case I can respond to

Also I'm not

Also I'm probably dying at the end of night anyway

I will. Give me a few. And marv preflip association bad. I don't want to assume OOHCHILD is scum hard-defending SnB yet.

Please don't tell me what's good and bad, I was doing it in association with Prome's own read on OOHCHILD, and it didn't tain my own read. I don't need teaching how to play the game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 16:56 GMT
#1969
On October 31 2013 01:49 WaveofShadow wrote:
Regarding OOHCHILD, assuming that you know nothing about him beyond what he has done in this game, do you think it is likely play as scum to be attention-grabbing, abrasive and insulting as he has been, despite his random waffling on me? I'm curious.


Yes. This is probably the perfect game for that sort of disruptive play. Just look at the players. Aside from marv and maybe Prom there's just a giant mess of people underperforming and making it easy for scum to do whatever they want. OOHCHILD is certainly making himself a target, but in a game where everyone's a target that can be pretty good cover.

He's also apparently got his smurf/kush thing to fall back on and throw you all off, which has apparently been fairly successful so far. I don't think "meta" play is bad per se, but I'm going to call it like I see it.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 30 2013 16:57 GMT
#1970
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?
I had a good night of sleep.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 17:00 GMT
#1971
On October 31 2013 01:57 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?


I haven't gone back to compare Oats' N1 actions with his D1 actions because I spent all my time scrutinizing OOHCHILD and HotCottonCandy. The statement on Oats was basically only considering his N1 play.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 30 2013 17:03 GMT
#1972
On October 31 2013 02:00 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:57 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?


I haven't gone back to compare Oats' N1 actions with his D1 actions because I spent all my time scrutinizing OOHCHILD and HotCottonCandy. The statement on Oats was basically only considering his N1 play.

So is Oats scum?
I had a good night of sleep.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 17:04 GMT
#1973
On October 31 2013 02:03 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:00 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:57 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?


I haven't gone back to compare Oats' N1 actions with his D1 actions because I spent all my time scrutinizing OOHCHILD and HotCottonCandy. The statement on Oats was basically only considering his N1 play.

So is Oats scum?


If we go based purely on his N1 actions, it's likely.

What do you think?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 17:04 GMT
#1974
On October 31 2013 02:04 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:03 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:00 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:57 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?


I haven't gone back to compare Oats' N1 actions with his D1 actions because I spent all my time scrutinizing OOHCHILD and HotCottonCandy. The statement on Oats was basically only considering his N1 play.

So is Oats scum?


If we go based purely on his N1 actions, it's likely.

What do you think?

Christ Seuss. He's asking you to weigh up his whole play and come to a conclusion, not to isolate parts of it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 17:06 GMT
#1975
On October 31 2013 01:55 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:50 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
Does anyone disagree SnB is scum btw?

I do

Why am I scum

No one has made a case I can respond to

Also I'm not

Also I'm probably dying at the end of night anyway

I will. Give me a few. And marv preflip association bad. I don't want to assume OOHCHILD is scum hard-defending SnB yet.

Please don't tell me what's good and bad, I was doing it in association with Prome's own read on OOHCHILD, and it didn't tain my own read. I don't need teaching how to play the game.

How am I supposed to know what affects your read and what doesn't?
Everybody needs reminders sometimes, even you, o unfallible one.

Regarding SnB:
On October 30 2013 05:46 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 05:34 Pandain wrote:
Day one scum try to contribute and appear town, but aren't that actually dedicated.

They usually aren't retarded, think through their posts, and still don't try to help town atmosphere.

All the things a scum would do on day one I see in SnB

which of these things are not also things a townie without much time would do? i guess the thread atmosphere thing, but how am i hurting thread atmosphere?

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 05:42 Pandain wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:39 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 03:48 strongandbig wrote:
Also - I'm starting to worry about sentinel's mystery countdown power and why he still hasn't told us what it does. Despite calling koshi scum for not telling us what his power does.

I dunno about s&b. This post is pretty bad because Sentinel has talked about his power so many times, I don't see the point in bringing it up again.

Then again it looks like s&b actually made genuine effort to go and look at Pandain's games earlier when he talked about his big posts


Problem is SnB also made a genuine effort to point out why Palmar was scum in Thug life. SnB can go hard to explain a read he's confident in when it benefits you.

The problem is even if he did, was that in the approach to help town or to explain himself. If it's to help town, why share it when really I wasn't under any suspicion. If it's to explain himself, it makes sense to defend me as I'm town and that will be revealed later/he's ultimately right.

I don't think SnB is giving an effort to help town, I think his effort ultimately only shows that he's interested in appearing town by posting reads.

Has he really attempted to change this lynch or help drive a lynch?

dude you were on my team, you KNOW that wasn't a genuine effort because I knew palmar was scum because he was ON A TEAM WITH THE TWO OF US
also did even that case didn't involve any actual research into palmar's past games

also i forgot that sentinel claimed he doesn't know what his power does. but why is saying that scum motivated.

last thing, why would i have attempted to change the lynch when i like it

What are you referring to here exactly?

On October 30 2013 11:42 strongandbig wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Decided to nuke HCC because (a) I don't like the way he swapped to pandain from wave for no reason, (b) don't like how he powered up koshi for no reason at the very start if the game then attacked people for doing the same to sentinel, (c) don't like how he only talks about me and oo while yelling about going after easy targets, (d) general feeling.

This bothers me because I feel like a ton of people did exactly the same thing but you're trying to find a way to justify your nuke on VA.

On October 30 2013 23:19 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 21:43 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 21:41 strongandbig wrote:
It's too late for more nukes
And Marv I'm just surprised people are multi nuking me rather than any of the other actually scummy people around

Which two people would you flip right now if you had the chance?

Well, I'm actually kind of unsure now about wos. Once pandain made my vote not matter I didn't have to decide whether I believed the turnaround. So like, I would be happy if he flipped but I'm not sure I want to flip him.

I think I'd go with ooh child and vayne.

Sent I'm struggling with because I feel like the way he played is antitown but I can't see his power going to mafia unless they're all fake. So if they turn out to be all fake nukes at the day post then sentinel.

Actially nm I think I still would put wos on the list above sentinel. I just get really bad feelings about how self-focused he was early in day 1 on people who attacked him despite the pressure being largely superficial.

I suppose I understand your reasoning at the end of the post regarding why you still want me to flip, but I don't understand why you said you were unsure in the beginning.

I also don't understand---do you think OOHCHILD/Vayne/me are all scum together? Because i'm not sure that is possible.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 17:07 GMT
#1976
On October 31 2013 02:04 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:04 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:03 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:00 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:57 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?


I haven't gone back to compare Oats' N1 actions with his D1 actions because I spent all my time scrutinizing OOHCHILD and HotCottonCandy. The statement on Oats was basically only considering his N1 play.

So is Oats scum?


If we go based purely on his N1 actions, it's likely.

What do you think?

Christ Seuss. He's asking you to weigh up his whole play and come to a conclusion, not to isolate parts of it.


I understand that. I hope he and everyone else understands that it takes me more than 30 seconds to carefully read the and re-digest entire post history of someone like Oatsmaster.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 17:08 GMT
#1977
On October 31 2013 02:07 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:04 marvellosity wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:04 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:03 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:00 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:57 Koshi wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:45 Seuss wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.

So Oats is scum for nuking me? Because you had a STRONG townread on Oats before. As an analyst, don't you work with pro's and cons? After pushing red button all the pro town things Oats did are wiped away and he is scum for you now?


I haven't gone back to compare Oats' N1 actions with his D1 actions because I spent all my time scrutinizing OOHCHILD and HotCottonCandy. The statement on Oats was basically only considering his N1 play.

So is Oats scum?


If we go based purely on his N1 actions, it's likely.

What do you think?

Christ Seuss. He's asking you to weigh up his whole play and come to a conclusion, not to isolate parts of it.


I understand that. I hope he and everyone else understands that it takes me more than 30 seconds to carefully read the and re-digest entire post history of someone like Oatsmaster.

Simply: you had a townread on Oats pre-night 1
you find his actions on night 1 scummy

which overrules which?
If you need to take time to think about it, then take time, and then answer his question

Wave - no I don't
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 30 2013 17:08 GMT
#1978
On October 31 2013 01:56 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 01:49 WaveofShadow wrote:
Regarding OOHCHILD, assuming that you know nothing about him beyond what he has done in this game, do you think it is likely play as scum to be attention-grabbing, abrasive and insulting as he has been, despite his random waffling on me? I'm curious.


Yes. This is probably the perfect game for that sort of disruptive play. Just look at the players. Aside from marv and maybe Prom there's just a giant mess of people underperforming and making it easy for scum to do whatever they want. OOHCHILD is certainly making himself a target, but in a game where everyone's a target that can be pretty good cover.

He's also apparently got his smurf/kush thing to fall back on and throw you all off, which has apparently been fairly successful so far. I don't think "meta" play is bad per se, but I'm going to call it like I see it.


hey! I resent that! I'm under-preforming.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
October 30 2013 17:13 GMT
#1979
Everyone thinks I'm scum but WoS....mother f
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 17:14 GMT
#1980
On October 31 2013 02:13 OOHCHILD wrote:
Everyone thinks I'm scum but WoS....mother f

Are you telling the truth about your night actions?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1009
WardiTV503
OGKoka 237
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko386
mouzHeroMarine 328
OGKoka 237
Rex 145
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2174
Larva 1495
Horang2 1444
Shuttle 986
EffOrt 702
BeSt 514
Soma 495
Mini 279
Hyuk 255
Stork 202
[ Show more ]
Light 186
ZerO 184
Rush 126
ggaemo 125
Zeus 120
Killer 83
Barracks 71
Hyun 69
Sea.KH 46
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 28
Bale 27
Yoon 25
Mong 24
PianO 20
Aegong 19
Shine 17
Sexy 15
sorry 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
soO 14
Sacsri 14
zelot 12
Noble 10
HiyA 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Dendi1690
qojqva762
BananaSlamJamma177
LuMiX1
League of Legends
KnowMe34
Counter-Strike
x6flipin429
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes272
Other Games
singsing2165
olofmeister1693
B2W.Neo534
XaKoH 228
Sick224
Pyrionflax200
hiko186
ArmadaUGS74
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH302
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2087
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.