• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7992 users

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings Mini Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 44 Next All
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 10 2012 22:15 GMT
#141
btw in celebration of the start of the game I'm currently hosting an 8 player lobby for The Conquerors. You need the expansion. 1.0c patch, PM me for IP details if interested in joining.

I'll keep it up for about an hour and then launch a game with anyone who joined :p
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 22:16:16
August 10 2012 22:16 GMT
#142
On August 11 2012 07:14 Sir Posts A Lot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:08 Tunkeg wrote:
Anyone who want to win should consider an alliance with me. If not prepared to get roflstomped.


Only scum would say that

##Vote: Tunkeg




P.S: I have no idea what we should discuss in the thread anyways. There's no motivation to do so either so I guess I'll shut up until something interesting comes up.
I guess I could ask people to give me tips on what civilization to choose


Just to be clear there is no lynch until d1, which is not for another 74 hours.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:18 GMT
#143
One of you knows you should use your early alliance thing on me. <3 you know who you are, we'll make a great team. I'm good when I'm not scum.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:19 GMT
#144
I'll be using it on you, so use it on me. I'm not gonna say who you are, though, for obvious reasons. But you know.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:22 GMT
#145
My only hint for you is that, you are the person besides me in this game who really appreciates what a great sim game AoE is. If you think about it, a sim game that's unlike civ (with it's capitals, etc) is a great sim. Not a lot of people played it!

I didn't play AoE. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Also if you turn me down, I get it. I'm just sad. Sorry for the triple post, got to go, I don't post much anyways, there's no secret guy, but there is, and I know, and you know, and this should have told you but it didn't...
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Sir Posts A Lot
Profile Joined July 2012
Congo42 Posts
August 10 2012 22:25 GMT
#146
Ehmm, I kind of forgot about something:

Will alliances be posted in the thread once D0 ends?
As in, something like "Player X was allied to Y,Z,W and T", etc?

Also, is this single ally we can get this Drafting Phase count for the Alliance stage?
As in, if I ally with somebody right now, can I get 4 or 5 total allies after D0?


Anyways, I think this is the ONLY part of the game were we don't want to kill each other since we have no Alliances going on, so maybe we could chat or something.

Also I need to have my 20-page-filter thing by the end of this game, so I need to post about something
Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her filter
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 10 2012 22:28 GMT
#147
On August 11 2012 07:25 Sir Posts A Lot wrote:
Ehmm, I kind of forgot about something:

Will alliances be posted in the thread once D0 ends?
As in, something like "Player X was allied to Y,Z,W and T", etc?

Also, is this single ally we can get this Drafting Phase count for the Alliance stage?
As in, if I ally with somebody right now, can I get 4 or 5 total allies after D0?


Anyways, I think this is the ONLY part of the game were we don't want to kill each other since we have no Alliances going on, so maybe we could chat or something.

Also I need to have my 20-page-filter thing by the end of this game, so I need to post about something


Alliances are not publicly announced.

There are no ally requests right now, only PM requests. Alliance making doesn't begin until after the drafting phase is over (once everyone has received their civilizations and once the map has been determined)

During alliance phase you can pick up to THREE names to PM me. These are alliance requests. If any of your requests mutually send requests to you, you will be allied with those who did.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:29 GMT
#148
Well, we could discuss the setup amiably. There's nothing much else to discuss since factions aren't made yet (as far as you know! Secret buddy might have allied me back!). I personally think the lynch is mostly going to be a tool used by multiple alliances and stragglers against whichever alliance is the strongest, or if one player starts to run away with the game. If you think about it, in like a 4-team game where each team has 3 players, if someone starts a wagon on a guy, everyone who's not on his team might as well vote for him.

I don't see any real benefit to a no-lynch. It makes sense to use the lynch to stop the strongest players in terms of night (armies, etc) since all the votes can get behind that, but even if we don't, it's almost always a good idea to use the lynch.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 10 2012 22:30 GMT
#149
So if anyone want to have a talk with me give WBG a shout and lets get this game going. You can also give me a hint in thread and perhaps I will pick it up.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:32 GMT
#150
You're not my PM buddy! I can't PM you
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Sir Posts A Lot
Profile Joined July 2012
Congo42 Posts
August 10 2012 22:37 GMT
#151
On August 11 2012 07:28 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:25 Sir Posts A Lot wrote:
Ehmm, I kind of forgot about something:

Will alliances be posted in the thread once D0 ends?
As in, something like "Player X was allied to Y,Z,W and T", etc?

Also, is this single ally we can get this Drafting Phase count for the Alliance stage?
As in, if I ally with somebody right now, can I get 4 or 5 total allies after D0?


Anyways, I think this is the ONLY part of the game were we don't want to kill each other since we have no Alliances going on, so maybe we could chat or something.

Also I need to have my 20-page-filter thing by the end of this game, so I need to post about something


Alliances are not publicly announced.

There are no ally requests right now, only PM requests. Alliance making doesn't begin until after the drafting phase is over (once everyone has received their civilizations and once the map has been determined)

During alliance phase you can pick up to THREE names to PM me. These are alliance requests. If any of your requests mutually send requests to you, you will be allied with those who did.


So if I don't send any PM request this Drafting Phase, I still have to send 3 alliances requests on the Alliance Phase instead of 4?

Also...ehmm....what was the difference between "PM request" and "Alliance request" again? >_>
Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her filter
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 10 2012 22:37 GMT
#152
On August 11 2012 07:29 Blazinghand wrote:
Well, we could discuss the setup amiably. There's nothing much else to discuss since factions aren't made yet (as far as you know! Secret buddy might have allied me back!). I personally think the lynch is mostly going to be a tool used by multiple alliances and stragglers against whichever alliance is the strongest, or if one player starts to run away with the game. If you think about it, in like a 4-team game where each team has 3 players, if someone starts a wagon on a guy, everyone who's not on his team might as well vote for him.

I don't see any real benefit to a no-lynch. It makes sense to use the lynch to stop the strongest players in terms of night (armies, etc) since all the votes can get behind that, but even if we don't, it's almost always a good idea to use the lynch.


Going for a no-lynch is risky as a single vote is enough to get someone lynched, as it is plurality vote system. So there will be a lynch every day.

The hardest part of this game will actually be to decide whether the guys in your alliance is true to the alliance or if they are allied with someother who they rather would win with. There is a big chance that we end up with alot of broken alliances in this game.
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 10 2012 22:38 GMT
#153
On August 11 2012 07:32 Blazinghand wrote:
You're not my PM buddy! I can't PM you


If you wish it hard enough it just might come true...
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 22:43:33
August 10 2012 22:41 GMT
#154
On August 11 2012 07:37 Sir Posts A Lot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:28 wherebugsgo wrote:
On August 11 2012 07:25 Sir Posts A Lot wrote:
Ehmm, I kind of forgot about something:

Will alliances be posted in the thread once D0 ends?
As in, something like "Player X was allied to Y,Z,W and T", etc?

Also, is this single ally we can get this Drafting Phase count for the Alliance stage?
As in, if I ally with somebody right now, can I get 4 or 5 total allies after D0?


Anyways, I think this is the ONLY part of the game were we don't want to kill each other since we have no Alliances going on, so maybe we could chat or something.

Also I need to have my 20-page-filter thing by the end of this game, so I need to post about something


Alliances are not publicly announced.

There are no ally requests right now, only PM requests. Alliance making doesn't begin until after the drafting phase is over (once everyone has received their civilizations and once the map has been determined)

During alliance phase you can pick up to THREE names to PM me. These are alliance requests. If any of your requests mutually send requests to you, you will be allied with those who did.


So if I don't send any PM request this Drafting Phase, I still have to send 3 alliances requests on the Alliance Phase instead of 4?

Also...ehmm....what was the difference between "PM request" and "Alliance request" again? >_>


PM requests are just that. You can use PMs to talk to someone in PMs, whether it be about potential alliance partners, civilizations, strategies, whatever the hell you want to talk about. (this becomes more relevant when you actually have a civilization and a map)

Alliance requests are completely separate. They're just an offer of an alliance. You can choose to PM with someone who you ultimately don't request for an alliance. You can only talk to a person you requested an alliance for if they request you too (and only once d1 begins)

This separation is so that it's difficult to form larger alliances (you're forced to play a game of telephone or publicly advertise) but good communication skill is rewarded with the potential for more power through a four player alliance.

EDIT:

Also you don't have to send any alliance requests at all if you don't wish. If you wish to play alone you may do so. If you only want to request to be the ally of one other player, you may do so. You may request up to three other players.

During this time you may ONLY request one player to PM with, however. This PM request is NOT a request of alliance.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:42 GMT
#155
Well I'm in the thread all the time you can talk to me whenever you want. You should add someone lame as your PM buddy like MrZentor
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
August 10 2012 22:46 GMT
#156
Regarding maps:

Black Forest map seems to be the most "chancy"; if you don't spawn near your allies, consider yourself dead. I'd recommend not voting for that unless you feel like spinning the wheel of fortune.

Water maps seem to favor certain civs more through undisclosed civ specific mechanics. Once again, unless you and several of your allies manage to snag the sea nations, you could be put at a large disadvtage.

Maps with both land and water, in my opinion, are the most balanced maps. Civs with strong sea or land units can take advantage of their abilities. Therefore, I will be voting for mediterranean. Am I trying to sway votes to a map choice that I would prefer? Of course, I do enjoy winning. But unless you can get a band of people you can trust to form some a wombo combo strat (all seafaring nations in an alliance), it's best for all of us to pick one of the more stable map choices.

Lastly, let me have Saracen and I will gib you gold.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
August 10 2012 22:47 GMT
#157
Are attacks announced in a separate thread, or only revealed with the next day post?
Can you list who is who in the hydras, in the OP?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 10 2012 22:51 GMT
#158
Actually, if hydras could make their sigs like "hydra of john and bob" or whatever that'd be the best.

Also meditteranean is for losers, and i'm not a loser. This is a unique and fun game, and you're gonna walk down the middle of the road like that? way to be l4m3
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 10 2012 22:52 GMT
#159
On August 11 2012 07:47 EchelonTee wrote:
Are attacks announced in a separate thread, or only revealed with the next day post?
Can you list who is who in the hydras, in the OP?


Attacks are only revealed if they result in the destruction of a player. Even so, however, they will only reveal the destruction of the player and not the responsible attacker. The player's civilization will be revealed. (basically like a normal mafia death) "Lynches" work identically except players don't commit units, just votes.

Atki Wiglegs: kitaman27 and MrWiggles hydra
ItsMarvelBabyyy: marvellosity and Risen hydra
Sir Posts a Lot: Mattchew and gonzaw hydra.

Will update OP in a sec.

Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 10 2012 22:54 GMT
#160
On August 11 2012 07:46 EchelonTee wrote:
Regarding maps:

Black Forest map seems to be the most "chancy"; if you don't spawn near your allies, consider yourself dead. I'd recommend not voting for that unless you feel like spinning the wheel of fortune.

Water maps seem to favor certain civs more through undisclosed civ specific mechanics. Once again, unless you and several of your allies manage to snag the sea nations, you could be put at a large disadvtage.

Maps with both land and water, in my opinion, are the most balanced maps. Civs with strong sea or land units can take advantage of their abilities. Therefore, I will be voting for mediterranean. Am I trying to sway votes to a map choice that I would prefer? Of course, I do enjoy winning. But unless you can get a band of people you can trust to form some a wombo combo strat (all seafaring nations in an alliance), it's best for all of us to pick one of the more stable map choices.

Lastly, let me have Saracen and I will gib you gold.


Well if you want a completely straight forward game a land map is preferred. But this game would be better with some chaos, some chance, knowing that you don't have an ally near you might force you to play more defensive, or may force you to attack a player earlier then planned to connect with an ally. The Black Forrest map provide for some epic action!

Also this might leave the guys not in my alliance a chance not to get as easily stomped as on a straight forward map. I am just wondering who will be the first to want to be my PM buddy, and have me reveal my awesome strat to winning this game. Clock is ticking guys...
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings182
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 356
ByuN 305
SHIN 123
Railgan 31
MindelVK 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 75844
Calm 10637
Rain 2510
Bisu 1404
FanTaSy 876
soO 594
Stork 435
Shuttle 349
Soulkey 320
Rush 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 225
firebathero 204
Snow 166
Last 151
Light 99
Mind 80
Pusan 68
ToSsGirL 55
Sea.KH 47
Trap 38
Bale 37
Mong 33
hero 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Sharp 32
Killer 31
Free 22
Aegong 20
sorry 19
Sexy 17
zelot 17
yabsab 16
Shine 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7596
Dendi406
League of Legends
Reynor98
Counter-Strike
x6flipin267
fl0m64
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35832
singsing2145
byalli542
B2W.Neo490
Pyrionflax242
ToD114
Chillindude11
Trikslyr1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 88
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV521
League of Legends
• Jankos3306
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1046
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 59m
OSC
10h 59m
Replay Cast
10h 59m
OSC
23h 59m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.