• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10633 users

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings Mini Mafia - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 26 2012 23:45 GMT
#861
On August 27 2012 08:42 Tunkeg wrote:
The lynching not so much if you ask me, people not discussing anything allways leads "town" to lose. The players who were without an alliance this game played a pretty poor game I think, handing the win over to the winning team. By n3 the big alliances were down to 2 and 1, and the only reason for the winning team to be 2 was my alliance stacking BH at day and Atki at night.


FWIW the D1 lynch was AMAZING for "town" if you define town as the 5 players not allied with either you or me. I couldn't imagine a better result than hitting both of the 4-man alliances at once for the third of the players who weren't in the two 4-mans.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 27 2012 00:03 GMT
#862
On August 27 2012 08:45 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 08:42 Tunkeg wrote:
The lynching not so much if you ask me, people not discussing anything allways leads "town" to lose. The players who were without an alliance this game played a pretty poor game I think, handing the win over to the winning team. By n3 the big alliances were down to 2 and 1, and the only reason for the winning team to be 2 was my alliance stacking BH at day and Atki at night.


FWIW the D1 lynch was AMAZING for "town" if you define town as the 5 players not allied with either you or me. I couldn't imagine a better result than hitting both of the 4-man alliances at once for the third of the players who weren't in the two 4-mans.


Day 1 was poor as hell from "town", the only reason it worked out for town was because I happend to be in an alliance, you said it yourself in pm after, the reason you went after me was because I was an easy target, not because you were convinced I was strong, you dominated me in the arguements and manipulated the neutrals with ease. In other words they got lucky. If we played this game 100 times I would be unallied more often than not. If I weren't allied I would have been lynched alone and you guys would have won it even easier.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 27 2012 00:14 GMT
#863
On August 27 2012 08:26 gonzaw wrote:
Also, why overhype the strength of enemies if you can get them lynched even if their army sucks?
(yes I can't get over my and ET's lynch yet >_> )


yeah perhaps this might have been a mentality problem for some players.

I think they didn't fully understand what their own self-interests were, so they went with any lynch that wasn't themselves.

Possibly a byproduct of information overload as well (and I will say that the setup was probably too complex)
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 27 2012 00:22 GMT
#864
On August 27 2012 09:03 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 08:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:42 Tunkeg wrote:
The lynching not so much if you ask me, people not discussing anything allways leads "town" to lose. The players who were without an alliance this game played a pretty poor game I think, handing the win over to the winning team. By n3 the big alliances were down to 2 and 1, and the only reason for the winning team to be 2 was my alliance stacking BH at day and Atki at night.


FWIW the D1 lynch was AMAZING for "town" if you define town as the 5 players not allied with either you or me. I couldn't imagine a better result than hitting both of the 4-man alliances at once for the third of the players who weren't in the two 4-mans.


Day 1 was poor as hell from "town", the only reason it worked out for town was because I happend to be in an alliance, you said it yourself in pm after, the reason you went after me was because I was an easy target, not because you were convinced I was strong, you dominated me in the arguements and manipulated the neutrals with ease. In other words they got lucky. If we played this game 100 times I would be unallied more often than not. If I weren't allied I would have been lynched alone and you guys would have won it even easier.


I still don't buy your "nobody likes me therefore nobody allies me" thing. Only one person event sent me a PM dude
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 27 2012 00:31 GMT
#865
On August 27 2012 09:22 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 09:03 Tunkeg wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:42 Tunkeg wrote:
The lynching not so much if you ask me, people not discussing anything allways leads "town" to lose. The players who were without an alliance this game played a pretty poor game I think, handing the win over to the winning team. By n3 the big alliances were down to 2 and 1, and the only reason for the winning team to be 2 was my alliance stacking BH at day and Atki at night.


FWIW the D1 lynch was AMAZING for "town" if you define town as the 5 players not allied with either you or me. I couldn't imagine a better result than hitting both of the 4-man alliances at once for the third of the players who weren't in the two 4-mans.


Day 1 was poor as hell from "town", the only reason it worked out for town was because I happend to be in an alliance, you said it yourself in pm after, the reason you went after me was because I was an easy target, not because you were convinced I was strong, you dominated me in the arguements and manipulated the neutrals with ease. In other words they got lucky. If we played this game 100 times I would be unallied more often than not. If I weren't allied I would have been lynched alone and you guys would have won it even easier.


I still don't buy your "nobody likes me therefore nobody allies me" thing. Only one person event sent me a PM dude


Me and my allies got one pm each, meaning if I had not set up the chain as I did we probably would have gotten none. I still believe the more reknowned players will be more likely to be in a good alliance, and they are also more likely to be able to manipulate the rest. Its all relative though, with a different group of players others might be consider stronger.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 27 2012 00:34 GMT
#866
On August 27 2012 09:31 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 09:22 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 27 2012 09:03 Tunkeg wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:42 Tunkeg wrote:
The lynching not so much if you ask me, people not discussing anything allways leads "town" to lose. The players who were without an alliance this game played a pretty poor game I think, handing the win over to the winning team. By n3 the big alliances were down to 2 and 1, and the only reason for the winning team to be 2 was my alliance stacking BH at day and Atki at night.


FWIW the D1 lynch was AMAZING for "town" if you define town as the 5 players not allied with either you or me. I couldn't imagine a better result than hitting both of the 4-man alliances at once for the third of the players who weren't in the two 4-mans.


Day 1 was poor as hell from "town", the only reason it worked out for town was because I happend to be in an alliance, you said it yourself in pm after, the reason you went after me was because I was an easy target, not because you were convinced I was strong, you dominated me in the arguements and manipulated the neutrals with ease. In other words they got lucky. If we played this game 100 times I would be unallied more often than not. If I weren't allied I would have been lynched alone and you guys would have won it even easier.


I still don't buy your "nobody likes me therefore nobody allies me" thing. Only one person event sent me a PM dude


Me and my allies got one pm each, meaning if I had not set up the chain as I did we probably would have gotten none. I still believe the more reknowned players will be more likely to be in a good alliance, and they are also more likely to be able to manipulate the rest. Its all relative though, with a different group of players others might be consider stronger.


Me and my allies got one pm each, meaning if I had not set up the chain as I did, looping it around, we'd be in the same boat.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 27 2012 00:39 GMT
#867
You should be happy though BH, you put a pretty obvious group of players together and won. Meaning you outclassed the rest of the players in this game big time in thread. While I should be ashamed of my play in thread, I managed to get a pretty unlikely group together and then proceed to get myself eliminated day 1, and fucking my group over badly.
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
August 27 2012 00:42 GMT
#868
On August 27 2012 09:34 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 09:31 Tunkeg wrote:
On August 27 2012 09:22 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 27 2012 09:03 Tunkeg wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 27 2012 08:42 Tunkeg wrote:
The lynching not so much if you ask me, people not discussing anything allways leads "town" to lose. The players who were without an alliance this game played a pretty poor game I think, handing the win over to the winning team. By n3 the big alliances were down to 2 and 1, and the only reason for the winning team to be 2 was my alliance stacking BH at day and Atki at night.


FWIW the D1 lynch was AMAZING for "town" if you define town as the 5 players not allied with either you or me. I couldn't imagine a better result than hitting both of the 4-man alliances at once for the third of the players who weren't in the two 4-mans.


Day 1 was poor as hell from "town", the only reason it worked out for town was because I happend to be in an alliance, you said it yourself in pm after, the reason you went after me was because I was an easy target, not because you were convinced I was strong, you dominated me in the arguements and manipulated the neutrals with ease. In other words they got lucky. If we played this game 100 times I would be unallied more often than not. If I weren't allied I would have been lynched alone and you guys would have won it even easier.


I still don't buy your "nobody likes me therefore nobody allies me" thing. Only one person event sent me a PM dude


Me and my allies got one pm each, meaning if I had not set up the chain as I did we probably would have gotten none. I still believe the more reknowned players will be more likely to be in a good alliance, and they are also more likely to be able to manipulate the rest. Its all relative though, with a different group of players others might be consider stronger.


Me and my allies got one pm each, meaning if I had not set up the chain as I did, looping it around, we'd be in the same boat.


Then the rest played a horrible game not getting a strong third alliance going. As their pm had to be sent between those 5.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 01:20:16
August 27 2012 01:17 GMT
#869
I/Matt were planning on a sol/ET/BM/me 4 man alliance, but well BM didn't communicate with sol at all, and ET....well you guys know what happened with ET >_>

Everybody was just so silent lol even though I spammed PMs to everybody.


EDIT: @Tunkeg: Nobody knew the "allied circles" in the drafting phase at all, so it's not as easy as "the rest had to send PMs to the remaining 5 players", since the 5 remaining guys could have sent PMs to people from the already formed 4-man alliances, which is what happened (with me/Mat and marv for instance).

It had to do with luck as well. Had I used my PM on someone that hadn't formed an alliance by then I could have made a bigger alliance.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
August 27 2012 01:58 GMT
#870
On August 27 2012 09:14 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 08:26 gonzaw wrote:
Also, why overhype the strength of enemies if you can get them lynched even if their army sucks?
(yes I can't get over my and ET's lynch yet >_> )


yeah perhaps this might have been a mentality problem for some players.

I think they didn't fully understand what their own self-interests were, so they went with any lynch that wasn't themselves.

Possibly a byproduct of information overload as well (and I will say that the setup was probably too complex)

the two 4-man alliances should be lynching anyone that wasn't their ally regardless of their strength.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 27 2012 14:53 GMT
#871
gg bitches

massive thanks to wbg (and cohosts) for hosting this game. I had an absolute blast even though I had no idea what was going on most of the time.

Mostly I shouted at Risen for not doing things, and to try to stop him posting in-thread :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
August 27 2012 17:49 GMT
#872
On August 27 2012 23:53 marvellosity wrote:
gg bitches

massive thanks to wbg (and cohosts) for hosting this game. I had an absolute blast even though I had no idea what was going on most of the time.

Mostly I shouted at Risen for not doing things, and to try to stop him posting in-thread :p


Confirming that Marvel pretty much told me to be quiet over and over lol
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 27 2012 20:23 GMT
#873
On August 28 2012 02:49 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2012 23:53 marvellosity wrote:
gg bitches

massive thanks to wbg (and cohosts) for hosting this game. I had an absolute blast even though I had no idea what was going on most of the time.

Mostly I shouted at Risen for not doing things, and to try to stop him posting in-thread :p


Confirming that Marvel pretty much told me to be quiet over and over lol


I think the best bit there was when I PMed our hydra account from this account to try to stop you posting. haha :D
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 42 43 44 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko262
LamboSC2 138
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Terrorterran 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6462
Counter-Strike
fl0m1693
olofmeister1049
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns60279
singsing1824
B2W.Neo586
dupreeh393
crisheroes291
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2266
• Nemesis897
Other Games
• WagamamaTV146
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.