• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10633 users

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings Mini Mafia - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 Next All
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 01:01:06
August 26 2012 01:00 GMT
#821
On August 26 2012 09:56 gonzaw wrote:
Also, I forgot:

ARGGH WTF WAS UP WITH ATKI'S ABILITY!!!?? AARGUGUGUG


Okay I finally took that off my chest in the thread


?

I think marv/Risen got a bit lucky here. For whatever reason no one ever attacked him (biggest mistake by Fulblade perhaps?) But overall good game by everyone :p

s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
August 26 2012 01:02 GMT
#822
if you ran this again bugs, would you keep the double lynches in? seemed to really thin out the numbers fast
ATOBTTR
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 26 2012 01:04 GMT
#823
Thanks for the great run, Bugs.

And really, huge shoutout to both Sent and Marv/Risen for some clutch, clutch plays after I died.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 01:05:56
August 26 2012 01:04 GMT
#824
yeah probably. Double lynches favor the individual players, it's one of the few mechanics that does.

e: and by individual players I mean individuals who are able to pit the alliances against each other.

I think if individual players can hone their persuasive abilities they can persuade the alliances that the other alliances are the biggest threats and to lynch them.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 26 2012 01:04 GMT
#825
League of Monocle Wearers: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/nejEbuaNrVtA
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
August 26 2012 01:04 GMT
#826
I can't tell you guys how hard I was laughing after I got this from wbg.

Original Message From wherebugsgo:
are you reading the same game I am?

Show nested quote +
Original Message From ItsMarvelBabyyy:
Attack echelontee w/ half forces except all my huskarls which should be kept home.


After the ET lynch and after I had forgotten to send my day actions to Austinmcc rofl
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 26 2012 01:05 GMT
#827
On August 26 2012 10:00 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 09:56 gonzaw wrote:
Also, I forgot:

ARGGH WTF WAS UP WITH ATKI'S ABILITY!!!?? AARGUGUGUG


Okay I finally took that off my chest in the thread


?

I think marv/Risen got a bit lucky here. For whatever reason no one ever attacked him (biggest mistake by Fulblade perhaps?) But overall good game by everyone :p



Atki's ability was OP as shit.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 26 2012 01:06 GMT
#828
On August 26 2012 10:05 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 10:00 wherebugsgo wrote:
On August 26 2012 09:56 gonzaw wrote:
Also, I forgot:

ARGGH WTF WAS UP WITH ATKI'S ABILITY!!!?? AARGUGUGUG


Okay I finally took that off my chest in the thread


?

I think marv/Risen got a bit lucky here. For whatever reason no one ever attacked him (biggest mistake by Fulblade perhaps?) But overall good game by everyone :p



Atki's ability was OP as shit.


he had no defensive ability.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#829
On August 26 2012 10:06 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 10:05 gonzaw wrote:
On August 26 2012 10:00 wherebugsgo wrote:
On August 26 2012 09:56 gonzaw wrote:
Also, I forgot:

ARGGH WTF WAS UP WITH ATKI'S ABILITY!!!?? AARGUGUGUG


Okay I finally took that off my chest in the thread


?

I think marv/Risen got a bit lucky here. For whatever reason no one ever attacked him (biggest mistake by Fulblade perhaps?) But overall good game by everyone :p



Atki's ability was OP as shit.


he had no defensive ability.



You mean he couldn't produce troops or something?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#830
no walls. One attack on n1 and he was dead (basically what happened)
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
August 26 2012 01:08 GMT
#831
Whoever got yanked by Atki could easily have broken alliance with him and outed him to the thread. Would have been hard to justify not lynching him. He also didn't have jack shit in the way of defenses lol
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 26 2012 01:10 GMT
#832
On August 26 2012 10:08 Risen wrote:
Whoever got yanked by Atki could easily have broken alliance with him and outed him to the thread. Would have been hard to justify not lynching him. He also didn't have jack shit in the way of defenses lol


I don't think anyone is in a position to break an alliance in this game, and nobody would.

If Atki produces enough troops I don't see how his "defensive handicap" would have mattered, specially if other allies of him traded troops to him.


Also damn, up until N1 or so I thought our "Conversion Resistance" ability RBed the guy we used it on from making night actions as well as receiving them
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 26 2012 01:12 GMT
#833
On August 26 2012 09:43 gonzaw wrote:
It's funny how I was planning on using that "Resist Conversion" ability the night Atki used his ability on us, but of course decided not to because ET was going to ally us that night (if I had chosen to protect myself then ET couldn't have allied to us)

Oh cruel world...


Resistance is futile.

Thanks for hosting!
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 01:12:58
August 26 2012 01:12 GMT
#834
Think of it this way....why would you "break" an alliance with someone else, if by doing so you prevent yourself from winning if that player is the last one standing?

If you are mad at that guy, well you can always just never communicate with him, but you wouldn't break his alliance at all
Well, maybe I forgot something in the OP about it and it does something else.

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks to the hosts for this game.
Hopefully another one is hosted soon and I don't rage so much in it
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 26 2012 01:13 GMT
#835
On August 26 2012 10:12 gonzaw wrote:
Think of it this way....why would you "break" an alliance with someone else, if by doing so you prevent yourself from winning if that player is the last one standing?

If you are mad at that guy, well you can always just never communicate with him, but you wouldn't break his alliance at all
Well, maybe I forgot something in the OP about it and it does something else.

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks to the hosts for this game.
Hopefully another one is hosted soon and I don't rage so much in it


You would be forced to break an alliance if one of the players you were allied to was about to meet their win condition before you were.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
August 26 2012 01:15 GMT
#836
On August 26 2012 10:10 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 10:08 Risen wrote:
Whoever got yanked by Atki could easily have broken alliance with him and outed him to the thread. Would have been hard to justify not lynching him. He also didn't have jack shit in the way of defenses lol


I don't think anyone is in a position to break an alliance in this game, and nobody would.

If Atki produces enough troops I don't see how his "defensive handicap" would have mattered, specially if other allies of him traded troops to him.


Also damn, up until N1 or so I thought our "Conversion Resistance" ability RBed the guy we used it on from making night actions as well as receiving them


if the Teuton guy pointed his power at himself he would've stopped the Mongol power use that night.

sorry about some of the mistakes I made btw guys, the number of things coming in was a bit high for me to handle at times (particularly days 1 and 2 and night 1)

Also I have no clue why youtube never worked but I must've spent like 8-9 hours just trying to figure that out alone. All the videos were fine on my comp but in youtube they were perpetual grey screens. So, I just resorted to using screenshots.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 26 2012 01:17 GMT
#837
On August 26 2012 10:13 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 10:12 gonzaw wrote:
Think of it this way....why would you "break" an alliance with someone else, if by doing so you prevent yourself from winning if that player is the last one standing?

If you are mad at that guy, well you can always just never communicate with him, but you wouldn't break his alliance at all
Well, maybe I forgot something in the OP about it and it does something else.

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks to the hosts for this game.
Hopefully another one is hosted soon and I don't rage so much in it


You would be forced to break an alliance if one of the players you were allied to was about to meet their win condition before you were.


The only way that would happen is he met his win-condition by having you win, in which case where's the problem?

If the guy is about to meet his win condition before you were he would have met it whether he was allied to you or not.

I take it you mean that he was allied to player B, and you+him+B are the only ones remaining or something yet you are not allied to B or something like that?
I don't remember if in that case the game ended with you losing or not..? If that's the case then I guess that's the only way to break an alliance with someone, but I doubt you'd do that on D2 after you were forced to be allied to the guy.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 26 2012 01:19 GMT
#838
On August 26 2012 10:15 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 10:10 gonzaw wrote:
On August 26 2012 10:08 Risen wrote:
Whoever got yanked by Atki could easily have broken alliance with him and outed him to the thread. Would have been hard to justify not lynching him. He also didn't have jack shit in the way of defenses lol


I don't think anyone is in a position to break an alliance in this game, and nobody would.

If Atki produces enough troops I don't see how his "defensive handicap" would have mattered, specially if other allies of him traded troops to him.


Also damn, up until N1 or so I thought our "Conversion Resistance" ability RBed the guy we used it on from making night actions as well as receiving them


if the Teuton guy pointed his power at himself he would've stopped the Mongol power use that night.


But in that case ET couldn't have allied me wouldn't he?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
August 26 2012 01:20 GMT
#839
I just think it came down to one man and two man alliance groups very quickly and breaking alliance with atki to get him lynched would have been the play to go for. It's what I would do if he ripped me off from my homies.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
August 26 2012 01:22 GMT
#840
On August 26 2012 10:20 Risen wrote:
I just think it came down to one man and two man alliance groups very quickly and breaking alliance with atki to get him lynched would have been the play to go for. It's what I would do if he ripped me off from my homies.


Yeah well he died that night so that's kind of what happened actually
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko262
LamboSC2 138
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Terrorterran 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6462
Counter-Strike
fl0m1693
olofmeister1049
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns60279
singsing1824
B2W.Neo586
dupreeh393
crisheroes291
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2266
• Nemesis897
Other Games
• WagamamaTV146
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.