• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8798 users

TL Mafia Central Library - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 23:27:51
August 17 2012 23:17 GMT
#101
BUDABUMP

Below is the info for Newbie Mini Mafia XXII. There was a lot of great play by both sides in this game, and I would be remiss if I let it sink into the inky depths of the TL Mafia subforum.

Newbie Mini Mafia XXII
+ Show Spoiler +
  • Links to the OP/Day/Night/QTs:
    + Show Spoiler +

    OP
    • Beginning of Day 1
    • End of Day 1
    • End of Night 1
    • End of Day 2
    • End of Night 2
    • End of Day 3
    • End of Night 3
    • End of Day 4
    • End of Night 4
    • Endgame

    Role list and QTs

  • Results:
    + Show Spoiler +
    Town Win!

  • Summary:
    + Show Spoiler +
    After a typical Day 1, Golbat the vigilante was lynched. Night 1, Ange777 pulled off a hero save, keeping the mafia team from killing off Keirathi, one of the masons in the game. During Day 2, a power vacuum emerged in the game, which Alan133 took advantage of to execute a bluesnipe by leading the town to lynch Promethelax, a maneuver which the town never managed to punish the mafia team for. After a second try, the mafia managed to nightkill Keirathi, confirming his mason buddy Shady Sands as town. The town spent the first half of Day 3 pushing the lynch of JingleHell, before Ange777 convinced the town to lynch Zorkmid instead. Due to disorganization on the part of the mafia team and the timing of the voteswitch, the mafia member didn't have enough time to perform a proper bus, and DarthPunk and Alan133 were lynched the following two days.

  • Role List:
    + Show Spoiler [Role List] +
    • Medic: Ange777
    • Vigilante: Golbat
    • Mason: Keirathi
    • Mason: Shady Sands
    • VT: aRyuujin
    • VT: GoodKarma
    • VT: MrMedic > JingleHell
    • VT: Mordanis
    • VT: Obvious.660
    • VT: Promethelax
    • Goon: Zorkmid
    • Mafia Roleblocker: Alan133
    • Godfather: DarthPunk

    + Show Spoiler [Night Actions] +
    Night 1:
    Mafia shoots Keirathi
    Ange777 saves Keirathi
    Alan133 RBs no one

    Night 2:
    Mafia shoots Keirathi
    Ange777 saves goodKarma
    Alan133 RBs Mordanis

    Night 3:
    Mafia shoots Mordanis
    Ange777 saves Obvious.660
    Alan133 RBs JingleHell

    Night 4:
    Mafia shoots Obvious.660
    Ange777 saves Shady Sands
    Alan133 RBs no one

  • Analysis:
    + Show Spoiler +
    Links
    Too many to list here. Both hosts, the town coach, and four of the players offer their thoughts on the game, all of which are linked in this post.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 13 2012 23:28 GMT
#102
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but does anyone know of a good place\any good resources to read up on hosting a RL mafia game? Like suggestions for different gametypes that work well IRL depending on how many people there are\ different tips\i dont know. I love Mafia on forums but they consume so much time and have tried a few very 'unprofessional' mafia games irl where pretty much everyone had never played before\ had no idea what was going on. Would like to maybe look into starting to hosting a biweekly real life mafia game or something like that but not sure where I can read up on tips to doing so?
Wat
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 14 2012 13:17 GMT
#103
On September 14 2012 08:28 Earll wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but does anyone know of a good place\any good resources to read up on hosting a RL mafia game? Like suggestions for different gametypes that work well IRL depending on how many people there are\ different tips\i dont know. I love Mafia on forums but they consume so much time and have tried a few very 'unprofessional' mafia games irl where pretty much everyone had never played before\ had no idea what was going on. Would like to maybe look into starting to hosting a biweekly real life mafia game or something like that but not sure where I can read up on tips to doing so?


you may be best PMing some people. I don't really know who though. Maybe Ace or GMarshal ?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-30 18:32:36
October 30 2012 18:30 GMT
#104
When I run games IRL, I like the latest "newbie game setup" that they use at mafiascum.net. Before they had this, I used to run a variation on this without the jailkeeper (didn't realize how newbie-game-friendly of a role jailkeeper was before)

The mafia roles are fixed, the town roles are "Pick 2 randomly out of these four possibilities: Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper, Villager"

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=2of4

Hand out roles with a deck of cards:
Example:
2-10 of diamonds = Vanilla townie

J of Hearts = Jailkeeper
Q of Hearts = Doctor
K of Hearts = Cop


K of Spades = Mafia Role-Cop
2-10 of Spades = Mafia Goon


Pass out cards face down at the beginning of the game, it is helpful to have posted up somewhere what all the roles are. Have everyone spend at least 20 seconds confirming what role they are and what they do (EVERYONE)
If you're extra nerdy like me (My irl friends and I are all gamers of the non-computer variety), you have made your own set of mafia "cards" for this, using CCG opaque-backed sleeves which explain the role, but you can just have a few cheat sheets to pass around or a whiteboard to write them up where everyone can see them.

I pass the cards out and have everyone stare intently at their cards for an excessive period (15 seconds or so) of time before they place them face down. (It's mildly important for people to look intently, so that people with power roles can confirm themselves and you don't give people power-role reads based on "well you took longer than 1 second to look at your card")

During the day, voting is done by clearly pointing (and remaining that way) at a person. Everyone must vote by the time limit (make sure you give them warnings that the time limit is approaching.) they cannot vote for themselves, but they can vote no lynch by crossing their arms. A tied vote goes to the player who had the final vote cast against them earlier. It helps if you announce counts of the high vote targets whenever you remind people about the time limit.

Night modding is where the real mod work is:
Remember that IRL, meta-information like "I heard/felt him move when you were calling for mafia to open their eyes" is very real. Do your best to minimize the opportunity for it (don't crowd people too close together), but acknowledge that it will be part of the game.

Step 0 - decide to face a SINGLE direction at night. Don't look at whoever is raising their head.

Pregame (Night) 0 - Have everyone close their eyes and bow their head. (covering ones eyes with hands can be too much movement)
- Call for mafia to open their eyes to see their team, give them some time to communicate with nodding/looking at people, then have them go back to sleep.
- no night actions, nothing else to do night 0 (I do day start every game.)

For night actions, it is generally better to avoid making people point with their hands (re: movement information) and instead indicating with their eyes (and you confirming silently)

Night 1 - First, call the jailkeeper (whether or not it exists this game) to jail someone (since it's a roleblock, it needs to happen first). If the person who he blocks tries to take an action, you will give them an X symbol (with a card or your hands) to indicate they have been roleblocked.

Then call the other roles in a predetermined order, have them perform their action, and have them put their heads back down.
Cop - gets a yes (nod) for scum and a no (shake head) for townie.
Doctor - simply confirm their target.

Mafia night actions - call the mafia to look up, have them agree on a kill (they can again communicate by nodding/glancing.) and after you confirm the kill target, then ask the Mafia rolecop to pick a target for investigation.
Mafia - confirm kill target
Mafia cop - flash a card to indicate role of the target - 2 of diamonds, jack, queen, or king for the appropriate power roles.

I like the 2 of 4 gametype because I'm not a huge fan of fully open (all roles known) setups, but its a compact setup which is easy to randomly choose just by shuffling 4 cards together and picking two. It works well with the number of people I get to join my games (I have a hard time getting more than 10 players, but if I do get 12-13 players I do a similar setup with 3 mafia and 3-of-5 blue power roles, adding in a witch (1 potion of life, 1 potion of death - 1/game doctor + 1/game vigilante) to the possible town-favored roles. I pretty much just don't like getting 11 players.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
October 30 2012 18:36 GMT
#105
If you have many more players than this, anything with a "normal" game setup (avoid the really weird roles which can be hard to moderate in flesh-and-blood games) is probably good. Just keep with the general theme of pregame setup if you're using a deck of cards (red/black for good/bad, numbers = normal role, facecard = power role)

Remember flesh-and-blood games can be much more swingy as examination of what players are doing is more difficult, but many players end up giving tells through failure to keep a poker face or excessive night movement.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
January 04 2013 06:15 GMT
#106
I was thinking of a way to run parallel mafia IRL and I think I have figured it out. Basically it is the exact same as what was listed above, except there are 2 rooms and when someone is swapped they are unceremoniously bound and gagged and thrown into the next room.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
January 16 2013 23:38 GMT
#107
I WILL UPDATE
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 17 2013 06:58 GMT
#108
On January 04 2013 15:15 GreYMisT wrote:
I was thinking of a way to run parallel mafia IRL and I think I have figured it out. Basically it is the exact same as what was listed above, except there are 2 rooms and when someone is swapped they are unceremoniously bound and gagged and thrown into the next room.

I whole-heartedly approve, if of course you cannot spring for portal gun technology.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
July 03 2013 10:03 GMT
#109
PTP4: Demons Run
+ Show Spoiler +

  • Links to the OP/Day/Night:
    + Show Spoiler +
    OP
    Voting thread
    Day 1
    Day 1 - DayVig
    Night 1
    Day 2
    Day 2 - DayVig
    Day 2 - DayVig 2
    Day 2 - DayVig 3
    Night 2
    Day 3
    Day 3 - DayVig
    Day 3 - DayVig 2
    Night 3
    Day 4
    Night 4
    Day 5
    Endgame

  • Results:
    + Show Spoiler +
    Mafia victory, ausinmcc mini-victory.

  • Summary:
    + Show Spoiler +
    Austin uses the unusual tactic of claiming scum and quoting from the scum QT to try and convince people not to lynch him. It works.

  • Role List:
    + Show Spoiler +
    Roles and Actions
    The Doctor - s0lstice
    Rose Tyler (Colonel Manton) - Meapak_Ziphh
    Martha Jones- Xatalos
    Sally Sparrow - xxSK8rGUy277xx
    DI Billy Shipton - Zephirdd
    Donna Noble - strongandbig
    Captain Jack Harkness - Dandel Ion
    River Song - Crossfire99
    Amy Pond (Madame Kovarian) - austinmcc
    Rory Williams - gonzaw
    Canton Everett Delaware III - Kurumi
    Winston Churchill - Acrofales
    Madam Vastra (A Weeping Angel) - kitaman27
    Jenny Flint - BloodyC0bbler
    Strax (A Headless Monk) - geript
    Dorium Maldovar - WaveofShadow

  • Analysis:
    + Show Spoiler +
    None Yet
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 27 2013 16:38 GMT
#110
Considering this hasn't been touched in nearly two years, I'll try and update the OP with some more recent links. If you can think of any guides, entertainment, or discussion threads that should be included, let me know!
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 30 2014 17:41 GMT
#111
Note to self:
IRC mafia thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=160747
Voice mafia thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=427131
2013 Mafia awards http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=392119
TL Mafia community thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438626
Mafia Podcast http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=400994
TL Mafia League of Legends http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423310
New Ban List http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=427933
2.0 Ban List Discussion http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440154
Automatic Balance Tester http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=436988
Fantasy Proleague http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=288668
TL Mafia Polls http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423188
Shadowing Players http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=400059
Gaming Collective http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=346278
Add skype channel
Update Guides
Update Game Records/Change to Database Link
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
December 23 2014 22:08 GMT
#112
Further bumping for the way of chupazi
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 07 2015 02:49 GMT
#113
This thread has been long overdue for an update as most of these sections haven't been touched since 2011 or 2012. I finally got around to updating things to include content from the past 3-4 years. I re-ordered a few of the sections and separated the discussion threads from the community related threads. I also replaced the obsolete game record section with a link to the mafia database. Any of the summaries that people wrote for some of the older games have been added to the database as well. In addition, I have added the results for the yearly mafia awards and refreshed the guides section with some of the more recent analysis posts.

I'll try to keep this a bit more up to date now that things have been updated. I'm sure I missed a bunch of good stuff so let me know if you'd like anything to get added. The post-game analysis section would be especially nice to have more examples of since its a shame to have any of those get forgotten. I'm also open to any suggestions for reorganizing things. I moved a few things around, but it's still a bit messy.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-07 05:16:31
July 07 2015 05:15 GMT
#114
Use the anchor bbcode!
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/336805-bbcode-on-teamliquidnet-a-content-creators-guide#anchor
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
July 07 2015 16:38 GMT
#115
Apart from that it looks really really good. Seriously appreciate all the effort you put into this stuff Kita.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 16 2019 14:42 GMT
#116
On October 31 2012 03:30 sylverfyre wrote:
When I run games IRL, I like the latest "newbie game setup" that they use at mafiascum.net. Before they had this, I used to run a variation on this without the jailkeeper (didn't realize how newbie-game-friendly of a role jailkeeper was before)

The mafia roles are fixed, the town roles are "Pick 2 randomly out of these four possibilities: Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper, Villager"

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=2of4

Hand out roles with a deck of cards:
Example:
2-10 of diamonds = Vanilla townie

J of Hearts = Jailkeeper
Q of Hearts = Doctor
K of Hearts = Cop


K of Spades = Mafia Role-Cop
2-10 of Spades = Mafia Goon


Pass out cards face down at the beginning of the game, it is helpful to have posted up somewhere what all the roles are. Have everyone spend at least 20 seconds confirming what role they are and what they do (EVERYONE)
If you're extra nerdy like me (My irl friends and I are all gamers of the non-computer variety), you have made your own set of mafia "cards" for this, using CCG opaque-backed sleeves which explain the role, but you can just have a few cheat sheets to pass around or a whiteboard to write them up where everyone can see them.

I pass the cards out and have everyone stare intently at their cards for an excessive period (15 seconds or so) of time before they place them face down. (It's mildly important for people to look intently, so that people with power roles can confirm themselves and you don't give people power-role reads based on "well you took longer than 1 second to look at your card")

During the day, voting is done by clearly pointing (and remaining that way) at a person. Everyone must vote by the time limit (make sure you give them warnings that the time limit is approaching.) they cannot vote for themselves, but they can vote no lynch by crossing their arms. A tied vote goes to the player who had the final vote cast against them earlier. It helps if you announce counts of the high vote targets whenever you remind people about the time limit.

Night modding is where the real mod work is:
Remember that IRL, meta-information like "I heard/felt him move when you were calling for mafia to open their eyes" is very real. Do your best to minimize the opportunity for it (don't crowd people too close together), but acknowledge that it will be part of the game.

Step 0 - decide to face a SINGLE direction at night. Don't look at whoever is raising their head.

Pregame (Night) 0 - Have everyone close their eyes and bow their head. (covering ones eyes with hands can be too much movement)
- Call for mafia to open their eyes to see their team, give them some time to communicate with nodding/looking at people, then have them go back to sleep.
- no night actions, nothing else to do night 0 (I do day start every game.)

For night actions, it is generally better to avoid making people point with their hands (re: movement information) and instead indicating with their eyes (and you confirming silently)

Night 1 - First, call the jailkeeper (whether or not it exists this game) to jail someone (since it's a roleblock, it needs to happen first). If the person who he blocks tries to take an action, you will give them an X symbol (with a card or your hands) to indicate they have been roleblocked.

Then call the other roles in a predetermined order, have them perform their action, and have them put their heads back down.
Cop - gets a yes (nod) for scum and a no (shake head) for townie.
Doctor - simply confirm their target.

Mafia night actions - call the mafia to look up, have them agree on a kill (they can again communicate by nodding/glancing.) and after you confirm the kill target, then ask the Mafia rolecop to pick a target for investigation.
Mafia - confirm kill target
Mafia cop - flash a card to indicate role of the target - 2 of diamonds, jack, queen, or king for the appropriate power roles.

I like the 2 of 4 gametype because I'm not a huge fan of fully open (all roles known) setups, but its a compact setup which is easy to randomly choose just by shuffling 4 cards together and picking two. It works well with the number of people I get to join my games (I have a hard time getting more than 10 players, but if I do get 12-13 players I do a similar setup with 3 mafia and 3-of-5 blue power roles, adding in a witch (1 potion of life, 1 potion of death - 1/game doctor + 1/game vigilante) to the possible town-favored roles. I pretty much just don't like getting 11 players.



Interesting to find this post as I host irl games. I do it almost exactly like this
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 16 2019 15:03 GMT
#117
On March 16 2019 23:42 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:30 sylverfyre wrote:
When I run games IRL, I like the latest "newbie game setup" that they use at mafiascum.net. Before they had this, I used to run a variation on this without the jailkeeper (didn't realize how newbie-game-friendly of a role jailkeeper was before)

The mafia roles are fixed, the town roles are "Pick 2 randomly out of these four possibilities: Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper, Villager"

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=2of4

Hand out roles with a deck of cards:
Example:
2-10 of diamonds = Vanilla townie

J of Hearts = Jailkeeper
Q of Hearts = Doctor
K of Hearts = Cop


K of Spades = Mafia Role-Cop
2-10 of Spades = Mafia Goon


Pass out cards face down at the beginning of the game, it is helpful to have posted up somewhere what all the roles are. Have everyone spend at least 20 seconds confirming what role they are and what they do (EVERYONE)
If you're extra nerdy like me (My irl friends and I are all gamers of the non-computer variety), you have made your own set of mafia "cards" for this, using CCG opaque-backed sleeves which explain the role, but you can just have a few cheat sheets to pass around or a whiteboard to write them up where everyone can see them.

I pass the cards out and have everyone stare intently at their cards for an excessive period (15 seconds or so) of time before they place them face down. (It's mildly important for people to look intently, so that people with power roles can confirm themselves and you don't give people power-role reads based on "well you took longer than 1 second to look at your card")

During the day, voting is done by clearly pointing (and remaining that way) at a person. Everyone must vote by the time limit (make sure you give them warnings that the time limit is approaching.) they cannot vote for themselves, but they can vote no lynch by crossing their arms. A tied vote goes to the player who had the final vote cast against them earlier. It helps if you announce counts of the high vote targets whenever you remind people about the time limit.

Night modding is where the real mod work is:
Remember that IRL, meta-information like "I heard/felt him move when you were calling for mafia to open their eyes" is very real. Do your best to minimize the opportunity for it (don't crowd people too close together), but acknowledge that it will be part of the game.

Step 0 - decide to face a SINGLE direction at night. Don't look at whoever is raising their head.

Pregame (Night) 0 - Have everyone close their eyes and bow their head. (covering ones eyes with hands can be too much movement)
- Call for mafia to open their eyes to see their team, give them some time to communicate with nodding/looking at people, then have them go back to sleep.
- no night actions, nothing else to do night 0 (I do day start every game.)

For night actions, it is generally better to avoid making people point with their hands (re: movement information) and instead indicating with their eyes (and you confirming silently)

Night 1 - First, call the jailkeeper (whether or not it exists this game) to jail someone (since it's a roleblock, it needs to happen first). If the person who he blocks tries to take an action, you will give them an X symbol (with a card or your hands) to indicate they have been roleblocked.

Then call the other roles in a predetermined order, have them perform their action, and have them put their heads back down.
Cop - gets a yes (nod) for scum and a no (shake head) for townie.
Doctor - simply confirm their target.

Mafia night actions - call the mafia to look up, have them agree on a kill (they can again communicate by nodding/glancing.) and after you confirm the kill target, then ask the Mafia rolecop to pick a target for investigation.
Mafia - confirm kill target
Mafia cop - flash a card to indicate role of the target - 2 of diamonds, jack, queen, or king for the appropriate power roles.

I like the 2 of 4 gametype because I'm not a huge fan of fully open (all roles known) setups, but its a compact setup which is easy to randomly choose just by shuffling 4 cards together and picking two. It works well with the number of people I get to join my games (I have a hard time getting more than 10 players, but if I do get 12-13 players I do a similar setup with 3 mafia and 3-of-5 blue power roles, adding in a witch (1 potion of life, 1 potion of death - 1/game doctor + 1/game vigilante) to the possible town-favored roles. I pretty much just don't like getting 11 players.



Interesting to find this post as I host irl games. I do it almost exactly like this


I used to play in college 2-3 nights a week with a big group of friends. I wish we had made specific cards!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-16 15:50:22
March 16 2019 15:49 GMT
#118
I use playing cards or some Mafia cards I bought off of Amazon (some of the roles are ass tho). 2-3 nights is a lot of games!
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Whylong
Profile Joined March 2024
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-15 13:11:42
March 15 2024 13:11 GMT
#119
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
https://web.archive.org/web/20240315125609/https://tl.net/forum/mafia/622487-are-you-interested-in-empire-of-antes
:t:sackano
Profile Joined April 2024
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-20 11:26:01
April 20 2024 11:25 GMT
#120
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
OSC
9h 43m
Replay Cast
9h 43m
OSC
22h 43m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.