• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:37
CEST 00:37
KST 07:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8451 users

Pick Their Power Mafia - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 185 Next
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
May 30 2011 20:58 GMT
#301
man, anyone still talking about roles at this point is looking scummy. lets talk about how as a town we are gonna play this game. BloodyC0bbler has a plan, does anyone agree or have problems with it? does anyone else have any ideas? Im new, but I think that his plan is a good start so lets talk about it.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 30 2011 20:59 GMT
#302
EBWODP: That should have read we policy lynch ANYONE who claims without valuable information or lies about their role.
Karshe
Profile Joined November 2010
United States212 Posts
May 30 2011 21:00 GMT
#303
On May 31 2011 05:58 Varpulis wrote:
LAL is in effect. If lie, we kill you. Period.


I support this. In a game that's already going to be crazy enough from the roles, there's no reason for townies to be lying.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
May 30 2011 21:01 GMT
#304
On May 31 2011 05:59 sandroba wrote:
EBWODP: That should have read we policy lynch ANYONE who claims without valuable information or lies about their role.

I generally don't like policy lynches, because there are always special circumstances. LAL fine though, you don't need to state it at the beginning of the thread.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 30 2011 21:01 GMT
#305
On May 31 2011 05:59 sandroba wrote:
EBWODP: That should have read we policy lynch ANYONE who claims without valuable information or lies about their role.

So, kind of what happened to tnkted when he claimed bulletproof in Sleeper Cell.

I like LAL, but we do *not* policy lynch as policy lynches keep us from gaining valuable information. We policy vigi shot. So if someone lies we just ignore them and let someone toss a kp at them at night.
Moderator
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 30 2011 21:02 GMT
#306
On May 31 2011 05:57 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:51 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Now that I see some horrible jokes being played I feel I should step up with something useful. Rather than go on and on about who picked who lists or the like can help why dont we do this, drop them.

Instead we move onto something useful. As the day progresses we determine who are people we deem high priority red targets. They get protection from whoever got a protection role. We set up a list on who we think may or may not be red and have our investigative roles check them.

This forces discussion on topics that are very very hard to hide your alignment in. Mafia and town alike have to voice in and information is given. The Zodiac list is tried and true.


Are we picking people based on past history or are we going to base it on the current game? IIRC, this inevitably leads us to making "townie-lists". After PYPI, I don't really feel like thats a great idea. But for the sake of discussion I'm all for it, since I think you are focusing more on what people are saying rather then the lists themselves. I'll nominate you and myself.



Honestly the lists always will include people with experience but you should always base it on performance in the current game. As for green lists? no I don't care if someone is green or blue. If someone is playing insanely pro town, we try and keep em around longer, if someone is performing badly or very against town interests we check em and or hang em. Anyone not helping is part of the problem.
I second your nominations
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
May 30 2011 21:02 GMT
#307
On May 31 2011 05:58 Varpulis wrote:
LAL is in effect. If lie, we kill you. Period.


grrrr...
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 30 2011 21:02 GMT
#308
On May 31 2011 05:58 Varpulis wrote:
LAL is in effect. If lie, we kill you. Period.


I think LAL is bad and you should feel bad, especially with no scope on the variables present in the game. I think it's better to say don't lie without an evident purpose that benefits town.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 21:03 GMT
#309
BloodyC0bbler's plan is good for the first day, but we shouldn't play this game based off of who's on the "town list" and who's not. Protect the valuable, active players day 1, investigate the dudes with ulterior motives. I'd like to keep the kills to a minimum for the first few days. Save your bullets, guys.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
May 30 2011 21:03 GMT
#310
I didn´t exactly follow PYPI, but didn´t people say after the game that making lists is totally useless?

I´m going to be sleeping soon, it´s 11 in the evening here. Right now I fear the amount of posts I will have to read tomorrow xD
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 30 2011 21:04 GMT
#311
On May 31 2011 06:03 Varpulis wrote:
BloodyC0bbler's plan is good for the first day, but we shouldn't play this game based off of who's on the "town list" and who's not. Protect the valuable, active players day 1, investigate the dudes with ulterior motives. I'd like to keep the kills to a minimum for the first few days. Save your bullets, guys.


read my guide, zodiac list (which is what I proposed) is a good day 1 start. Past that you progress into a game with scum hunting. It merely provides a point in which town can organize itself and force the mafia into a situation where they make early mistakes.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
May 30 2011 21:04 GMT
#312
I don't actually see a point in the game where my role can be useful...
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 30 2011 21:06 GMT
#313
On May 31 2011 05:57 bumatlarge wrote:


Are we picking people based on past history or are we going to base it on the current game? IIRC, this inevitably leads us to making "townie-lists". After PYPI, I don't really feel like thats a great idea. But for the sake of discussion I'm all for it, since I think you are focusing more on what people are saying rather then the lists themselves. I'll nominate you and myself.


You nominating yourself for all the valuable batman jokes you have made so far :p

Also what exactly is being nominated are you saying you and and BC are being the 2 most pro town so far?
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 30 2011 21:06 GMT
#314
On May 31 2011 06:04 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 06:03 Varpulis wrote:
BloodyC0bbler's plan is good for the first day, but we shouldn't play this game based off of who's on the "town list" and who's not. Protect the valuable, active players day 1, investigate the dudes with ulterior motives. I'd like to keep the kills to a minimum for the first few days. Save your bullets, guys.


read my guide, zodiac list (which is what I proposed) is a good day 1 start. Past that you progress into a game with scum hunting. It merely provides a point in which town can organize itself and force the mafia into a situation where they make early mistakes.


Agreed, zodiac lists are a strong start for the town. So far the only person I can suggest be added to that list is BC

I'll say this now too, keep your lynch suspects for day 1 down to 2-3, lets not repeat the mistakes we made in PYPI where everyone was accusing everyone of being mafia day 1.
Moderator
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 30 2011 21:06 GMT
#315
@BC Isn't this only going to give us a vet/good player list for this game. Do you think mafia will purposefully remove their good players from their list?

Mine for example would be:

# GMarshal
# kitaman27
# bumatlarge
# Amber[LighT]
# BloodyC0bbler
# Meapak_Ziphh

That's pretty much a list of players we think would be good as mafia no?
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 30 2011 21:07 GMT
#316
On May 31 2011 06:03 Varpulis wrote:
BloodyC0bbler's plan is good for the first day, but we shouldn't play this game based off of who's on the "town list" and who's not. Protect the valuable, active players day 1, investigate the dudes with ulterior motives. I'd like to keep the kills to a minimum for the first few days. Save your bullets, guys.


I'm not loving your posting so far bro. General sweeping obvious statements. I think you'll be joining my scum list very soon, and in case I need to remind you in (order for me to beef up this post with content-less blabber) I play this game based off my scum list
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 21:07 GMT
#317
On May 31 2011 06:02 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:58 Varpulis wrote:
LAL is in effect. If lie, we kill you. Period.


I think LAL is bad and you should feel bad, especially with no scope on the variables present in the game. I think it's better to say don't lie without an evident purpose that benefits town.

How about this: Don't lie unless there is no better way to help the town.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 30 2011 21:08 GMT
#318
Can someone explain the Zodiac list to me? Is it just a list of valuable town players, and expendable scum?
you gotta dance
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
May 30 2011 21:09 GMT
#319
I agree with BC. The roleclaim talk won't help us. We will argue about whether it's a good, pro-town plan until we're blue in the face, and in the end we will have no idea who is actually scummy. Instead, let's get something concrete that we can analyze. Let's figure out who is good for the town and who maybe isn't, and work from there.

BC is a high-priority target no matter which side he's on, though I'm already thinking he's town.

I also think we should keep an eye on bumatlarge and Mr. Wiggles.
whole lies with a half smile
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 30 2011 21:09 GMT
#320
On May 31 2011 06:08 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Can someone explain the Zodiac list to me? Is it just a list of valuable town players, and expendable scum?

Its a list of player who are valuable to the town based on both meta and their ingame behavior, its where the medics and dts should be focusing their actions, as those are the hardest players to analyze.
Moderator
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 185 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 183
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 464
910 63
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm3
League of Legends
Doublelift1074
Super Smash Bros
PPMD67
Other Games
summit1g9151
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde51
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• musti20045 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21448
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur284
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
23m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 23m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 23m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.