• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:56
CEST 01:56
KST 08:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6582 users

Harry Potter Mafia! - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 76 Next
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 15 2010 06:53 GMT
#861
Oh and I already roleclaimed a couple pages back when I got roleblocked.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 15 2010 07:36 GMT
#862
On December 15 2010 15:53 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Oh and I already roleclaimed a couple pages back when I got roleblocked.


Yes, but most importantly, did LSB know what your power was? Before you got blocked.

I think by now it's pretty safe to assume that most of the things LSB posted in the thread were lies. And from what happened 'behind the curtains' it's pretty clear that the Mafia knew what LSB knew (I mean, RoL would probably get targeted anyway, but since he was supposed to survive, either the Mafia used 2 hits on him, or someone in town thought it would be a good idea to hit him).

So, bottom line is, if LSB knew more than what's already been proven he knows, then we should be aware of it, because Mafia knows it too.

And I'm still waiting for kenpachi to give us an explanation as to why he thinks LSB was not scummy.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
December 15 2010 07:39 GMT
#863
[QUOTE]On December 15 2010 16:36 CubEdIn wrote:
[QUOTE]On December 15 2010 15:53 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:

And I'm still waiting for kenpachi to give us an explanation as to why he thinks LSB was not scummy.[/QUOTE]

because hes defending his scumbuddy. kenpachi isnt a very good mafia player. its pretty typical of him to play bad like that.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
December 15 2010 07:40 GMT
#864
EBWOP
On December 15 2010 15:53 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:

And I'm still waiting for kenpachi to give us an explanation as to why he thinks LSB was not scummy.


because hes defending his scumbuddy. kenpachi isnt a very good mafia player. its pretty typical of him to play bad like that.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 15 2010 09:46 GMT
#865
Unless RoL told LSB what my role was I doubt he knew. I told RoL extremely late the night he died so it seems unlikely that he would have had time to tell LSB. Again, I don't know all what RoL told LSB, what I do know is that RoL told me things he didn't tell LSB (if LSB really did post ALLhis pm's which I doubt because of how much he lied).

Oh and Coag, Kenpachi isn't a good mafia player period regardless if he's scum. He got lynched day one in pokemafia... Just sayin.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 15 2010 10:28 GMT
#866
bedtime.

final exam from 1-8:30 PM.

as always, night ends at 7 PM. any actions made after this do not count.

people who have multiple step roles need to be around at 8:30 PM EST for me to get to them or day post will be delayed. of course they do not count to the "anything after 7" rule
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
December 15 2010 13:16 GMT
#867
I assumed there was a sneaky snape somewhere!

Town should look at Decuondo. His defense was pathetic and it's obvious he was aligned with LSB.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
December 15 2010 13:44 GMT
#868
Hmm, well I was right and wrong I suppose. I shouldn't have trusted him as much as I did.

I have a huge amount of PMs I can post though, which should probably prove I'm town.

+ Show Spoiler +

First set:
+ Show Spoiler +

From: LSB [ 1709 posts | Profile | Buddy ]
Subject: Re: Harry Potter Maf
Date: 12/12/10 08:56
No Idea. Rol's been messing around with the thread x.x

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
Whats with ROL promising to lynch you?

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
Hmm... my campaign is probably dead right now. I just really wanted to draw a cool vote sign after I saw all the campaign signs in TL Mafia V.

About Beneather, he was a part of SIFZ so that's probably why he respects me. And also as the mod of insane I helped him out and gave him suggestions.

What I'm concerned about is why no one even bothered so support/discuss it with me :S. Everyone started calling me scum.
This possible could be an organized mafia attack. That's why I'm most suspicious of RoL right now, as he seems to be like the follow up.

The safest vote will probably be Mepak, since it will be a lynch

As for Airbag, he's been messaging me. Obviously he's a smurf since he's started playing the PM game

I'll attach the PMs here
+ Show Spoiler +

I'd rather not draw that much attention to myself...

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
If you want, you can be the auditor.

The thing is, since I'm doing it, the mafia won't be able to slip in and and manipulate the vote.

Changing the voting record is also a problem with normal voting. All the mafia has to do is decide slightly earlier.

If you really don't like the private vote idea. (I take it the general sentiment is that they don't want it) We can do reasoned voting, or runoff voting

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Airbag:
but if you are mafia it increases the ways in which you can manipulate the vote and it gives the mafia a long time to discuss how they'd like their voting record to look without ever having to appear wishy washy for changing it

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
The issue is that people like to go with the bandwagon. It seems safer, and there is a false sense of security in voting with the majority.

Private votes allow each person to make their decision independently. It cuts off ways for the mafia to influence people.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Airbag:
I understand wanting to vote for a player with experience but you can just manipulate the votes if ur mafia

Why not just have people post their votes publicly, then it's completely impossible for you to lie about it.

I'm getting a blue/red read from him since he doesn't want to draw attention.

I'm going to trust Qatol in that Jackel isn't a smurf.

Defiantly Why is a smurf, or at least played in some other forum

Just something to keep in mind

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
You should totally vote for me cos I'm awesome


On to more realistic things, I'll probably end up voting for you if my campaign is unsuccessful. Your play in yo village was pretty awesome.

What are your opinions on Beneather? Something seems off about him.

Smurfs: Airbag, Jackal

Probably Why as well.


Second Set:

+ Show Spoiler +

From: LSB [ 1709 posts | Profile | Buddy ]
Subject: Re: HP Mafia
Date: 12/13/10 10:38
Yeah... I felt that something was up with that...

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
No idea, he's completely flown under my radar. I don't think I even realised he was playing.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
No worries.

What do you think of Kitaman27?

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
Okey, thanks for clearing that up

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
I don't have an alternative victory condition with RoL.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
I don't think you are mafia, but you've been behaving weirdly so I'm gonna be blunt. Do you have an alternative victory condition with RoL? The way the 2 of you have been playing, this seems to be the only explanation.


Third Set:

+ Show Spoiler +

From: LSB [ 1709 posts | Profile | Buddy ]
Subject: Re: HP Mafia
Date: 12/14/10 10:31

I trust Meapak_Ziphh. And I can confirm his role and actions if you get him to tell you anything.

I believe I can trust anyone. I've come to deduce that my role is both important and bad for the mafia (unless I'm missing a death eater). I will offer myself to be lynched to the town if my role becomes better for the mafia.

And even if the mafia does find out who I am (they have a pretty good idea of who they are looking for), since I didn't die last night, if we lynch a mafia today I should be fine.

I know this sounds kind of vauge, but if you figure out my character, it might make more sense. If you want, I can attach some clues.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
I was checked (and confirmed to be town)last night by a DT, so I have a small circle with him. If you think you can trust LD + zergling (and if I can convince them we're legit), that makes 6 people.

The DT is dumbledore.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
Although there is no way to confirm my role. Here are a few things I can show you.

1) I can hint at what my character is. I have already hinted in thread. You can discuss this with kenpachi

2) I can provide chat logs that show that Me and RoL were actually working together. You can probably confirm this with Meepak, but I don't really want this known much. Most of the fighting was just fishing attempts. This is how we confirmed Meepak.
I can confirm that RoL checked Orgolove. If Orgolove flips red, would that be enough to convince you that the current lynch is BS?

3) I don't expect this to occur. But maybe... maybe something in the Harry Potter role might hint to the existence of my role.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
Hmm, anyway of confirming/proving it? I'm not asking you to do it as you have no idea if I'm scum or not, just interested if you can.

Might have a 6 person town circle if so.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From LSB:
He guessed my role correctly
-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
Why is kenpachi defending you so fervently?



Also PMs with RoL:

+ Show Spoiler +

From: RebirthOfLeGenD [ 2591 posts | Profile | Buddy ]
Subject: Re: HP Mafia
Date: 12/14/10 08:36


oh man, so whats your power your using tonight? I read everyone has powers this game.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
Yep, I'm confusing games -_-

Take gabe out of that list, that was a mistake.

My take on LSB is this: I don't think he is mafia, but I'm sure he has an alternative win condition. At first I thought it was with you, but maybe its someone else.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From RebirthOfLeGenD:
If by gabe you mean gabriel you are confusing games o_O Malongo isn't in this game. Whats your take on LSB? Everyone keeps disagreeing with me for some reason. I should try to do an analysis on beneather as well.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
Aww

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From RebirthOfLeGenD:
hmm you have too many of us, we are going to have to put you down tonight.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
I'm interested of you, Gabe, Meapak, Beneather, LSB, Cube. Don't really have anyone pegged as mafia yet, thats just a list of people that have said or done things that I noticed.

My biggest FOS would be beneather though.



-----------------------------------------
Original Message From RebirthOfLeGenD:
coo coo, so who u think is mafia bro?

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
I'm talking with a few people in PM, but I'm not teamed with anyone rolewise.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From RebirthOfLeGenD:
who are you working with?

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
I did, but LSB denied it.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From RebirthOfLeGenD:
hmm? you think I am working with LSB?

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From deconduo:
I don't think you are mafia, but you've been behaving weirdly so I'm gonna be blunt. Do you have an alternative victory condition with LSB? The way the 2 of you have been playing, this seems to be the only explanation.


Thats all the PMs, nothing changed or removed.



As you can see, I didn't think LSB was mafia, but he was behaving weirdly. I was gullible to believe that he was a legit traitor, but ironically he actually was he just didn't know it yet. Wasn't my idea that RoL and LSB were working together, that was someone else's. I just decided to ask them about it.


If you actually still believe I am mafia, and I faked all those PMs, you think I'm a muuuuuch better player than I actually am. -_-

Side note:
The fact that he was talking with Airbag as well leads me to believe Airbag is town. (No reason for LSB to fake that conversation)
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
December 15 2010 16:19 GMT
#869
I think we not only need to look at people who has defended LSB, but also to people who are inactive or has ignored the whole issue. It is clear that mafia has been counting on the claims against LSB to go away by ignoring it and let LSB defend himself – and they succeeded on day 1.

We have a large number of inactives in this game. While some have just been substituted in, others have been hiding in the heat generated by the LSB vs RoL and the LSB vs Orgolove discussions. Most suspicious is ofcourse players that have just been dropping by when they got summoned – Pandain springs to mind - but also players with only votes and comments on other’s play.

It’s nighttime, so the discussions should probably be saved for tomorrow, but detectives and other night roles should keep this in mind when choosing targets.

Regarding DT checks:
On December 15 2010 11:45 Thegilaboy wrote:
Aaaand I'm back! Woo, internet in Chicago sucks, but I finally have things up and running in my place again.

Enough of that though, back to the game. If I were mafia, why in the world would I try to start a bandwagon onto orgolove when the obviously safer route is hiding amongst the masses in LSB's vote? I can tell you right now that deconduo and I are not mafia at all, and you should go ahead and check us tonight so that you know for sure! Now that I've got a chance, I will catch up on some reading, back in a bit

I disagree. DT checks should be used to find mafia, and not to confirm innocents. Trying to confirm innocents is just a waste of time considering the possibility of a godfather/roleblocker. If a DT tries to find a red, but find a town, then you get an innocent to start a circle with. If you hit red, share it with the town.
Bartundar
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
December 15 2010 17:20 GMT
#870
I disagree. DT checks should be used to find mafia, and not to confirm innocents. Trying to confirm innocents is just a waste of time considering the possibility of a godfather/roleblocker. If a DT tries to find a red, but find a town, then you get an innocent to start a circle with. If you hit red, share it with the town.

Are you confirming their innocence or persuading us they don't need to be checked.
WIFOM.
Life can only kill you once.
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
December 15 2010 17:22 GMT
#871
Thought it was obvious that I'm suggesting they get checked.
Bartundar
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 15 2010 17:42 GMT
#872
On December 16 2010 02:20 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
I disagree. DT checks should be used to find mafia, and not to confirm innocents. Trying to confirm innocents is just a waste of time considering the possibility of a godfather/roleblocker. If a DT tries to find a red, but find a town, then you get an innocent to start a circle with. If you hit red, share it with the town.

Are you confirming their innocence or persuading us they don't need to be checked.
WIFOM.


Lol, I know you're new, but I think you need to learn how to use WIFOM properly =P
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 15 2010 17:58 GMT
#873
I do agree, on some level, that it's wiser to check someone who might or might not be red, rather than check people who yell "check us". They are either townies/blues or godfather. An experienced townie wouldn't ask for a dt check on himself unless it was crucial to the game. And it really doesn't seem the case here.

Butt anyway!

I still want kenpachi to start talking.
There was definitely something between him and LSB.
Also, deconduo and gilaboy. I know it's most likely that you're not Mafia (since, let's face it, LSB was dead with or without your votes for orgolove), but can you explain why you trusted LSB so much?

I know deconduo already explained it, plus we had a lot of PM exchanges before the lynch, so I get HIS point of view, but gila's?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
December 15 2010 18:03 GMT
#874
On December 16 2010 02:58 CubEdIn wrote:
I do agree, on some level, that it's wiser to check someone who might or might not be red, rather than check people who yell "check us". They are either townies/blues or godfather. An experienced townie wouldn't ask for a dt check on himself unless it was crucial to the game. And it really doesn't seem the case here.

Butt anyway!

I still want kenpachi to start talking.
There was definitely something between him and LSB.
Also, deconduo and gilaboy. I know it's most likely that you're not Mafia (since, let's face it, LSB was dead with or without your votes for orgolove), but can you explain why you trusted LSB so much?

I know deconduo already explained it, plus we had a lot of PM exchanges before the lynch, so I get HIS point of view, but gila's?


Sure. I trusted LSB because there were very obvious hints throughout the thread that he was Snape. The way that annul designed this game, it is pulling a great deal from the lore of the books, meaning a lot of our characters will have powers/abilities/interactions that coincide very strongly with how the book played out. I guess since I enjoyed the books so much (don't judge haha) it seemed clear to me that Snape would play a traitor's role. He is always appearing the bad guy, but in the end is the good guy through and through. So my reasoning behind trusting LSB is because of the hints pointing towards him being Snape, and annul pulling a great deal from the lore in crafting all of our characters and other aspects of the game
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 15 2010 18:13 GMT
#875
On December 16 2010 03:03 Thegilaboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2010 02:58 CubEdIn wrote:
I do agree, on some level, that it's wiser to check someone who might or might not be red, rather than check people who yell "check us". They are either townies/blues or godfather. An experienced townie wouldn't ask for a dt check on himself unless it was crucial to the game. And it really doesn't seem the case here.

Butt anyway!

I still want kenpachi to start talking.
There was definitely something between him and LSB.
Also, deconduo and gilaboy. I know it's most likely that you're not Mafia (since, let's face it, LSB was dead with or without your votes for orgolove), but can you explain why you trusted LSB so much?

I know deconduo already explained it, plus we had a lot of PM exchanges before the lynch, so I get HIS point of view, but gila's?


Sure. I trusted LSB because there were very obvious hints throughout the thread that he was Snape. The way that annul designed this game, it is pulling a great deal from the lore of the books, meaning a lot of our characters will have powers/abilities/interactions that coincide very strongly with how the book played out. I guess since I enjoyed the books so much (don't judge haha) it seemed clear to me that Snape would play a traitor's role. He is always appearing the bad guy, but in the end is the good guy through and through. So my reasoning behind trusting LSB is because of the hints pointing towards him being Snape, and annul pulling a great deal from the lore in crafting all of our characters and other aspects of the game


Oh, I see, I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with the books, my girlfriend gave me some tips here and there, and I took that with what dec told me about snape.

I went to mafiawiki and read about traitor. It's usually a town-role, who has the ability to turn mafia (so actually, mafia-aligned). Snape was the exact opposite. He was mafia, but town-aligned, so either way, LSB lied his ass off when he was targeted. There was no way he didn't know who the mafia are.

So to me, it would still make sense to kill LSB even with him being Snape, since he was feeding lies (like going out with RoL, when it turns out he had no powers whatsoever).

But then where does kenpachi come in? He advocated for LSB even before the snipe hints, and he kept doing it even after LSB was revealed. Something's definitely still fishy there.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
December 15 2010 18:16 GMT
#876
On December 16 2010 03:13 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2010 03:03 Thegilaboy wrote:
On December 16 2010 02:58 CubEdIn wrote:
I do agree, on some level, that it's wiser to check someone who might or might not be red, rather than check people who yell "check us". They are either townies/blues or godfather. An experienced townie wouldn't ask for a dt check on himself unless it was crucial to the game. And it really doesn't seem the case here.

Butt anyway!

I still want kenpachi to start talking.
There was definitely something between him and LSB.
Also, deconduo and gilaboy. I know it's most likely that you're not Mafia (since, let's face it, LSB was dead with or without your votes for orgolove), but can you explain why you trusted LSB so much?

I know deconduo already explained it, plus we had a lot of PM exchanges before the lynch, so I get HIS point of view, but gila's?


Sure. I trusted LSB because there were very obvious hints throughout the thread that he was Snape. The way that annul designed this game, it is pulling a great deal from the lore of the books, meaning a lot of our characters will have powers/abilities/interactions that coincide very strongly with how the book played out. I guess since I enjoyed the books so much (don't judge haha) it seemed clear to me that Snape would play a traitor's role. He is always appearing the bad guy, but in the end is the good guy through and through. So my reasoning behind trusting LSB is because of the hints pointing towards him being Snape, and annul pulling a great deal from the lore in crafting all of our characters and other aspects of the game


Oh, I see, I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with the books, my girlfriend gave me some tips here and there, and I took that with what dec told me about snape.

I went to mafiawiki and read about traitor. It's usually a town-role, who has the ability to turn mafia (so actually, mafia-aligned). Snape was the exact opposite. He was mafia, but town-aligned, so either way, LSB lied his ass off when he was targeted. There was no way he didn't know who the mafia are.

So to me, it would still make sense to kill LSB even with him being Snape, since he was feeding lies (like going out with RoL, when it turns out he had no powers whatsoever).

But then where does kenpachi come in? He advocated for LSB even before the snipe hints, and he kept doing it even after LSB was revealed. Something's definitely still fishy there.


Ah, my mistake, I meant traitor in the normal sense of the word, not the mafia version, sorry for that bit of confusion.

I have no explanation for kenpachi, I can't entirely read his actions with much clarity.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 15 2010 18:26 GMT
#877
On December 16 2010 03:16 Thegilaboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2010 03:13 CubEdIn wrote:
On December 16 2010 03:03 Thegilaboy wrote:
On December 16 2010 02:58 CubEdIn wrote:
I do agree, on some level, that it's wiser to check someone who might or might not be red, rather than check people who yell "check us". They are either townies/blues or godfather. An experienced townie wouldn't ask for a dt check on himself unless it was crucial to the game. And it really doesn't seem the case here.

Butt anyway!

I still want kenpachi to start talking.
There was definitely something between him and LSB.
Also, deconduo and gilaboy. I know it's most likely that you're not Mafia (since, let's face it, LSB was dead with or without your votes for orgolove), but can you explain why you trusted LSB so much?

I know deconduo already explained it, plus we had a lot of PM exchanges before the lynch, so I get HIS point of view, but gila's?


Sure. I trusted LSB because there were very obvious hints throughout the thread that he was Snape. The way that annul designed this game, it is pulling a great deal from the lore of the books, meaning a lot of our characters will have powers/abilities/interactions that coincide very strongly with how the book played out. I guess since I enjoyed the books so much (don't judge haha) it seemed clear to me that Snape would play a traitor's role. He is always appearing the bad guy, but in the end is the good guy through and through. So my reasoning behind trusting LSB is because of the hints pointing towards him being Snape, and annul pulling a great deal from the lore in crafting all of our characters and other aspects of the game


Oh, I see, I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with the books, my girlfriend gave me some tips here and there, and I took that with what dec told me about snape.

I went to mafiawiki and read about traitor. It's usually a town-role, who has the ability to turn mafia (so actually, mafia-aligned). Snape was the exact opposite. He was mafia, but town-aligned, so either way, LSB lied his ass off when he was targeted. There was no way he didn't know who the mafia are.

So to me, it would still make sense to kill LSB even with him being Snape, since he was feeding lies (like going out with RoL, when it turns out he had no powers whatsoever).

But then where does kenpachi come in? He advocated for LSB even before the snipe hints, and he kept doing it even after LSB was revealed. Something's definitely still fishy there.


Ah, my mistake, I meant traitor in the normal sense of the word, not the mafia version, sorry for that bit of confusion.

I have no explanation for kenpachi, I can't entirely read his actions with much clarity.


I know, I know, but I went to check for Traitor when LSB said he was one. It was part of my discussion wtih deconduo.

And I wasn't really asking you to tell me why kenpachi is acting this way, I was trying to push him to explain for himself.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
December 15 2010 19:27 GMT
#878
At this point, the lynch target is either Kenpachi, with his support of LSB without any valid reasons, or one of the inactives. That LSB shitfest allowed a lot of lurkers to stay hidden - we need to force them to come out as well.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 15 2010 22:09 GMT
#879
hi

its halftime for my exam

please get night actions in. people still arent submitting.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 15 2010 22:11 GMT
#880
On December 16 2010 07:09 annul wrote:
hi

its halftime for my exam

please get night actions in. people still arent submitting.

GOGO ANNUL TL BELIEVES IN YOU!!!
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 959
Artosis 613
White-Ra 123
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever544
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv187
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe124
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr101
Other Games
summit1g7935
shahzam667
JimRising 443
C9.Mang0289
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream310
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.