Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night.
If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (subject to change)
Repeated ad hominem attacks are liable to be rewarded with mod punishment of some type. Don't do it.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting after death. You may NOT have a good-bye post. No posting after death, period. Do so and have a ban request placed upon you.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Editing posts. Editing posts is not allowed for any reason. The mods can see your edits, and if you are caught, you will look suspicious. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be owned.Please do not edit; this is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.
1. Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. Please keep votes there, and only votes.
2. Please vote in the following format, to make it easier for everyone to read: ##Vote Qatol. While the bolding in itself is not necessarily needed, it makes it easier on everybody's eyes. Please bold.
3. You cannot autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You cannot vote for yourself.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins over the other person.
6. Voting is mandatory. No abstentions.
7. If you miss a vote or fail to post during one day cycle, you will be modkilled.
The voting cycle will be the TL standard 48 hour days, 24 hour nights. The cycles will end/begin at 7 PM EST.
PMs are allowed this game.
Modkills happen when you do not post and/or vote in a given 72 hour cycle. Don't go inactive. If you are modkilled, you are on the ban list. THIS IS A BAN LIST GAME.
Signups are open starting now. Signups will remain open until the maximum of 31 people have signed up. Anyone is welcome to sign up, regardless of skill level. Before you sign up, though ask yourself if you are ready for the time commitment – there will be no warnings, just modkills. If you can be active, though, join us! We don't care if it's your first mafia game ever, we are welcoming people.
There are no clues in this game.
This game will follow a strict 48/24 hour day/night cycle. During the day, voting will be open in a separate thread, and some roles with secret day actions will need to PM me their day actions. During the night, all roles with night actions will need to PM those to me.
I stole this from people who stole it from people who stole it from people. <3
If you have not read all the rules, please go back and do so.
There will be no role list. Every player will receive an individual character or entity to play. Some of these have no powers. Lots of them do. There will be a few abilities that are unorthodox for mafia games. Expect this. For example, I will reveal one such ability:
"camera fanatic. able to take a picture of a player once per game. because pictures move in the wizarding world, you are able to see every action that player takes (but not the target)."
Some players have alternate win conditions.
At the start of the game (day 1 post), I will reveal a list of all the character and entity names in the game. If a player has a power, it will be somewhat related to that character in some way. Some characters will be powerless.
The death eaters will control 2 KP until 4 or less of them exist, when they will control 1 KP. Lord Voldemort will control 1 KP himself. The game ends when those aligned with the death eaters outnumber everybody else, or when nobody is aligned with the death eaters. Of course, killed death eaters cannot be aligned with anything =)
5. pevergreen (who replaced ghrur)
15 players remain.
DEATH EATERS CONCEDE - TOWN WINS
Day 1: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7265295
Night 1: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7282530
Day 2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7291366
Night 2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7302747
Day 3: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7314971
Night 3: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7336620
Day 4: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7351640
Night 4: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7369942
Day 5: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=7380574