• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:40
CEST 20:40
KST 03:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8715 users

Harry Potter Mafia! - Page 43

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 76 Next
pevergreen
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia252 Posts
December 15 2010 02:27 GMT
#841
On December 15 2010 09:19 LunarDestiny wrote:
If I was a mafia, I would bandwagon on lynching LSB and avoid being accused by you. What benefit is there by having thegilaboy and deconduo, if they are mafia, to gain by voting orgolove when there is no way that LSB can be saved.


Hi.

This may be my first mafia game here, and I may be completely out of whack with what you guys do...but:

WIFOM.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
December 15 2010 02:34 GMT
#842
This is the quote I was replying to.
On December 15 2010 09:15 Airbag wrote:
It says he was not aware of his power until Day 4. Seeing as it is now Night 2, it is completely retarded to go for orgolove at this point.

Show nested quote +
On December 15 2010 09:11 LunarDestiny wrote:
On December 15 2010 09:07 Jackal58 wrote:
On December 15 2010 09:01 LunarDestiny wrote:
Well... going for orgolove tomorrow.

Why?
From previous Annul post:
thegilaboy, deconduo, LSB = 3 on orgolove.

I think we have one or two better options right here.

thegilaboy and deconduo vote oroglove very late after LSB is almost certain to die.
Explain why they voting for orgolove makes them scums



Because mafia prefer to distract/subvert votes rather than directly defend a fellow mafia? Doesn't it make sense that instead of connecting themselves to a mafia that might die, they present a new target and try to split up the town?

I find it weird that you are using the fact that we killed a death eater to try to get the people who got him lynched get lynched. That's bad play LunarDestiny, that makes you suspicious to me.

My point is not that thegilaboy and deconduo is town. My point is that we do not want to base on the fact that thegilaboy and deconduo voting for orgolove to say that they are behaving like mafia.
Airbag
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan77 Posts
December 15 2010 02:41 GMT
#843
Oh, I agree. BUt it's a jumping off point for discussing who to lynch tomorrow.
In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
December 15 2010 02:45 GMT
#844
Aaaand I'm back! Woo, internet in Chicago sucks, but I finally have things up and running in my place again.

Enough of that though, back to the game. If I were mafia, why in the world would I try to start a bandwagon onto orgolove when the obviously safer route is hiding amongst the masses in LSB's vote? I can tell you right now that deconduo and I are not mafia at all, and you should go ahead and check us tonight so that you know for sure! Now that I've got a chance, I will catch up on some reading, back in a bit
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
December 15 2010 02:46 GMT
#845
I want to discuss should we post pms we have with LSB.

If LSB did release those information with mafia, then there is no reason to hide it.
I am worry that LSB didn't share those information with mafia and he tried, at least a bit, to play town because he suspects his character Snape will or can betray mafia at some point in game. He even claimed his role is traitor.
Mr.Zergling
Profile Joined December 2010
United States141 Posts
December 15 2010 03:04 GMT
#846
On December 14 2010 14:35 LSB wrote:
I got hit by some ability. I'm roleblocked now.

I'm just going to claim. Now that I'm useless

+ Show Spoiler [Character claim] +
I'm pretty secluded and people misunderstand me and my intentions. Because I'm secluded I can do things in secrete. I spend my time mixing potions and fantasizing to redheads.


+ Show Spoiler [Role Claim] +
I am the Traitor. When Name Checked I am ****. When check my role shows up as "no role". When Alignment checked I am death eater. I also count as part of the death eaters when determining the KP.

I win with the town.

I was planning on giving myself up to the town once we killed a death eater to reduce the overall KP. But now it's too late.
Anyways. I do have one special role though. I can pick a member and determine with absolute certainty if he is mafia, and who he killed. This is because I accompany him to the kill and help him do his business.

Last night Orgolove hit RoL


+ Show Spoiler [What happened] +
Annul Pmed me. Said I was roleblocked.
I'm basically useless now. Go kill Orgolove.

Before you ask, I didn't get a list of the death eaters.


So if LSB was lying about the power claim, does that mean he was lying about Orgolove to get us to lynch a townie?
~9001 lings at 5 min? No Problem
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
December 15 2010 03:11 GMT
#847
gj on the red lynch town.
keep your wits about you and concentrate on checking people who voted for orgolove instead of lsb
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
December 15 2010 03:16 GMT
#848
This is what annul post when LSB is lynched:

LSB the Severus Snape is dead.

+ Show Spoiler +
you are Severus Snape.

the red team is:

(names obviously edited out.)

MOD NOTE: believes he is a powerless red. at dawn of day 4 is told he has the choice to align with dumbledore. if he switches sides, he is required not to give the list of death eaters to the town. will no longer count towards mafia KP.


LSB is definitely lying about what he know including:
His role (he probably made it up or guess because his character is Snape)
His winning condition (at that point, his winning condition states that he wins with mafia. He also could have made it up or guess because his character is Snape)

So we still have to base the validity of his claim that orgolove is mafia on which side LSB is trying to help.

-LSB's winning condition at time is mafia winning.
-annul claims there is no lie in role pm.

I will conclude that LSB also thinks his winning condition is mafia victory. So what he said about orgolove is mafia is probably false.
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
December 15 2010 03:16 GMT
#849
Also people that have been lurking away from this whole thing the whole time.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 15 2010 03:25 GMT
#850
the ROLE PM, in full, to LSB, was "you are Severus Snape. red team: (list of reds)."

it was 100% my intention to imply he was a red and won with the reds, but i suppose i didn't explicitly say "WIN WITH REDS" so i dunno, maybe a mod fuckup 0.001% of the time i dunno
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 15 2010 03:40 GMT
#851
and that said if my role PM to you did not include the list of the red team, and it did not say "you win with town," then amend the role PM to include the fact you win with town.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
December 15 2010 03:59 GMT
#852
About Lynching Orgolove

Greetings, Hogsmeade. There seems to be some confusion regarding exactly what we learned by lynching LSB, so here I am to go through it.

I was one of the people who wanted to lynch LSB, so I'll explain my logic. The way I saw it, there were two possibilities, both of which favoured a lynch on LSB. One the one hand, perhaps he was telling the truth about himself and orgolove. He himself said that he was going to give himself up after betraying a Death Eater so that Hogsmeade would get two Death Eaters for free. So whether we lynched orgolove or LSB first, the end result would be the same and lynching LSB first let us test the truth. On the other hand, perhaps he was lying about everything and was a different Death Eater, who, feeling the cold touch of the town's lynch tightening around his neck, was just trying his best to take a townie down with him first. Either way, lynching LSB before orgolove was a good idea.

The truth wasn't exactly either of those possibilities. He was telling the truth about being Snape, and lying about almost everything else. He was never roleblocked, it was just a cover for him to have an excuse to claim. He had none of the powers he claimed, and as far as he knew he was sided with the Death Eaters and would stay that way. For that, citizens of Hogsmeade, we can be proud. We found and lynched a red. Well done. Unfortunately, it would have been better for him to survive, but not even he knew that.

Now we have to figure out what this means for the future. The obvious way to interpret events is to think that LSB was lying about everything, and this would imply that orgolove is probably a town-sided character that LSB was trying to get killed to help the Death Eaters. However, there is the possibility that LSB figured that since he was Snape, he was likely to switch to town side at some point, and was doing his best to help town already. In that case, orgolove might actually be a Death Eater that LSB was pointing to for us.

There are a couple of reasons why I don't think that's true. First of all, LSB was not acting town-sided even from the beginning of the game. If he thought he was going to end up town, there were good ways that he could try to help us. Lying his ass off about everything was not one of them. Secondly, if he was a Death Eater whose role pm said nothing about being town sided, then calling out orgolove might be stepping on the rule about betraying your role and giving up mafia to the town.

Of course, I don't think orgolove is totally clear, but I don't think he's necessarily a Death Eater either.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
December 15 2010 04:00 GMT
#853
^ the above post was started before I saw LunarDestiny's more concise version of the same thing...
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
December 15 2010 04:39 GMT
#854
When is day annul?
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 15 2010 05:36 GMT
#855
7 PM EST wednesday

18.5 hours
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
December 15 2010 05:56 GMT
#856
On December 14 2010 11:17 Kenpachi wrote:
LSB. IS. NOT. FUCKING. MAFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lol!!!!
On December 14 2010 11:22 Kenpachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 11:21 Mr.Zergling wrote:
On December 14 2010 11:17 Kenpachi wrote:
LSB. IS. NOT. FUCKING. MAFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


So he is part of a confirmed group of townies? With you maybe?

yes! and yes!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst mafia defense ever? He was saying it a lot day one too. Just fair to note.

Hardest pushs for LSB, I'd give it to RoL and Airbag day one (I don't know about the private PM's between all of them.). Day two I think it was Coag and Oroglove. LSB was playing obvious scum. I even had a decent post set up, but no sense posting it, unless its requested. Had notes on Kenpachi defending him blindly (Obviously not??) and someone mention LSB was "too experienced" or something, to be lynched Day one?

On December 14 2010 15:18 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 15:16 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Ok, i have a question about the DT.

When a DT checks his target. Does he get the info that night? Or does he get it in the morning? If it returns in the morning, then LSB is lying about orgo killing RoL, because RoL wouldn't be able to tell LSB his result.

If he gets the result at night, then it's still not concrete on LSB.

annuuulllllllllllll


Exactly.Look at his words carefully and you can find countless holes.

And look at LSB's claims right now.

Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 15:09 LSB wrote:
Okay, that makes things a lot easier.

1) I contribute to the death eater count. So basically I hold half a KP (like all other death eaters). So yes, I understand, lynching me reduces the same amount of KP as lynching orgolove.
2) Since Meapak is not harry, he must be lying about being blocked. There you go. Two mafia. This explains why RoL was hit
3) As long as I am alive, Harry is unkillable. Thats why you guys should try to keep me alive as long as possible.



Wow. So now he's claiming BOTH of us are lying? When he's have been scummy ALL GAME?

And how many roles is he claiming now? First he claimed to be a Mafia Traitor. Next he claimed to have tracker. Now he's also claiming that, on top of all his other abilities, he's now an advanced martyr.


Are all of you seriously believing this nonsense??


This post stuck out to me. Oroglove was hella right. -___-
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
December 15 2010 06:09 GMT
#857
EBWOP:
(obviously not? lol </sarcasm>)
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
December 15 2010 06:13 GMT
#858
I don't know about Kenpachi. Last time I played with him was in insane mafia. Even though he was pro town, he acted similar to what he is acting now during the entire game.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 15 2010 06:23 GMT
#859
Yeah I don't get Kenpachi either.

I mean, as far as we know, LSB was red, and he THOUGHT he was red. He could've been blue later on but he wasn't told that by the mods. So I have the following questions:

1. Kenpachi - Why are you claiming he wasn't red?
2. Why did LSB lie so much (about following RoL, when he clearly couldn't, about having abilities, etc.)
3. Why go after Orgolove of all people?
4. Why all the chaos with the elections on day 1? If he's as good a player as you guys said he is, that was a pretty crappy campaign imo.
5. If he was working with RoL and Meapakk, what does that say about Meapakk?

Meapakk - Not saying you're red, as RoL was not either, but you did trust him, which means that most of the things you told him are most likely known by the Mafia. If you role claimed to him, you should let town (not what your role is, but that you have, at least), also, all other important information that might be detrimental to the town and LSB has got, you should inform us about it.

No wonder RoL died, if LSB knew what he was then Mafia surely made sure he was dead.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
December 15 2010 06:51 GMT
#860
I completely understand that people would be suspicious of me since RoL died and LSb has subsequently flipped red. However I never actually had any contact with LSB on my own. As I said previously we operated in cell like conditions, RoL was my link to LSB and I never had anything to do with him. I'm still pissed off that RoL got killed and that's why I immediately called for LSB to die because I guessed that LSB sold RoL out. I know I did briefly call for people to take a second look and lynch orgolove instead but I hadn't caught that LSB couldn't have known RoLs check. I guess I owe you another apology for doubting you again orgo. In short, I never had any contact with LSB outside of what RoL told me and I'm pissed off as hell that RoL died.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 532
UpATreeSC 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1019
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 92
Zeus 64
Trap 49
Sexy 30
soO 25
zelot 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 17
Shine 16
910 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6963
qojqva1971
Dendi849
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1328
Fnx 720
edward31
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5493
Liquid`Hasu1185
Other Games
Grubby3960
summit1g2637
Beastyqt734
B2W.Neo589
ceh9412
byalli380
KnowMe160
C9.Mang0156
ArmadaUGS150
TKL 129
BRAT_OK 78
Railgan11
Chillindude6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV265
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 32
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3322
Other Games
• Shiphtur380
• WagamamaTV295
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 20m
Stellar Fest
18h 20m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.