• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:02
CEST 00:02
KST 07:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8091 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 105

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 180 Next
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 21:51:59
November 10 2011 21:23 GMT
#2081
On November 11 2011 05:57 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 05:50 chaoser wrote:
On November 11 2011 05:49 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'm banned for requesting a replacement in Personality Mafia? That's hardly fair. Can I be removed please?

edit - and what is the (x2) for


I think you were banned for asking for a replacement in LotR

In the game thread I signed up for I was told it was Personality Mafia. I don't think it's fair to ban a player for 3 games because something came up in their personal life and they contacted a mod about a replacement. Banning is about preventing players from leaving games for no reason, not voting, not participating, cheating, etc.

What happened was unfortunate for the game, but there is no reason to reprimand me for it. That's ridiculous.

It is banworthy if it becomes a problem for the host. Replacing and leaving right when the game started seems to have caused the host in Personality Mafia to have to look for 4 replacement players, right when the game began. This isn´t an isolated incident either, other players do the same, get a role PM then leave the game, some appear to make a habit of it even. It´s unfortunate but it´s a big problem, and until people take the games seriously, and only sign up when they have time to invest in a game, then hosts have to ban for this kind of behavior. Unfortunately it´s hard to distinguish between those with a legitimate reason and those who do it for fun, causing the host more work just for a piece of inside information on the games they spectate.

EDIT: Qatol explained this particular case, above is just how I view the problem, and why it is a problem.
:3
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 10 2011 21:33 GMT
#2082
Bah you reply too fast, Forumite. I hadn't finished composing my post yet! Too many posts to quote!
Uff Da
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
November 10 2011 21:50 GMT
#2083
On November 11 2011 06:33 Qatol wrote:
Bah you reply too fast, Forumite. I hadn't finished composing my post yet! Too many posts to quote!

I know, I´m like Zoooooom, Reply!

From a players perspective, people leaving the game is never good, either we loose (most of the time) a Townies, or a player gets much, much harder to read. Getting a replacement is better, but if it takes a whole day for the new player to show up then it gets even harder to get a read. Also which solution is used is apparently random, either the host finds a replacement, or settle for killing the role and moving on if there´s no replacements left waiting/to be found. It´s this bad from the players point of view, so it must be many times tougher for the host who has to fix everything. If I ever host a game then I´ll probably just kill anyone dropping off, and compensate with extra nightkills or missed nightkills for Scum to make up for part of the loss of players.
:3
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 10 2011 21:54 GMT
#2084
On November 11 2011 06:50 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:33 Qatol wrote:
Bah you reply too fast, Forumite. I hadn't finished composing my post yet! Too many posts to quote!

I know, I´m like Zoooooom, Reply!

From a players perspective, people leaving the game is never good, either we loose (most of the time) a Townies, or a player gets much, much harder to read. Getting a replacement is better, but if it takes a whole day for the new player to show up then it gets even harder to get a read. Also which solution is used is apparently random, either the host finds a replacement, or settle for killing the role and moving on if there´s no replacements left waiting/to be found. It´s this bad from the players point of view, so it must be many times tougher for the host who has to fix everything. If I ever host a game then I´ll probably just kill anyone dropping off, and compensate with extra nightkills or missed nightkills for Scum to make up for part of the loss of players.

But that punishes scum unfairly, say there are three modkills, and you take away all of the scums KP to make for it, now the town basically gets a free day in exchange for three players who weren't contributing anything.

Replacements/modkills suck, but I think the way we handle it is the best way to do it.
Moderator
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
November 10 2011 22:21 GMT
#2085
On November 11 2011 06:54 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:50 Forumite wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:33 Qatol wrote:
Bah you reply too fast, Forumite. I hadn't finished composing my post yet! Too many posts to quote!

I know, I´m like Zoooooom, Reply!

From a players perspective, people leaving the game is never good, either we loose (most of the time) a Townies, or a player gets much, much harder to read. Getting a replacement is better, but if it takes a whole day for the new player to show up then it gets even harder to get a read. Also which solution is used is apparently random, either the host finds a replacement, or settle for killing the role and moving on if there´s no replacements left waiting/to be found. It´s this bad from the players point of view, so it must be many times tougher for the host who has to fix everything. If I ever host a game then I´ll probably just kill anyone dropping off, and compensate with extra nightkills or missed nightkills for Scum to make up for part of the loss of players.

But that punishes scum unfairly, say there are three modkills, and you take away all of the scums KP to make for it, now the town basically gets a free day in exchange for three players who weren't contributing anything.

Replacements/modkills suck, but I think the way we handle it is the best way to do it.

Weakening scum kp at say 2:1, assuming only townies die, or similar seems more fair to me.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 10 2011 22:22 GMT
#2086
Here's an idea:

Either let hosts decide on rules to deal with inactive players (or those who request replacement) and modkills, or implement some sort of standard subforum-wide that deals with warnings and bans related to activity.

Or, some hybrid of the two.

The way I imagine a possible system is this:

If it is your first offense, a modkill/replacement results in a warning.

If you provide a good reason for being replaced, and are successfully replaced, you receive a warning, but no ban. You help the host find your replacement if that's what it takes.

If you receive two warnings, it becomes a single game ban. Warnings could expire after a set number of games played, or something, or just make it so they never expire.

A third warning is again just a warning, but a fourth would be up to two bans, and then up to three for six warnings.

if you get modkilled, it's a ban. The number of modkills you've received in the past should basically determine how many games you're banned for. Make it consistent and fair, perhaps one ban per game modkilled.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 22:25:05
November 10 2011 22:23 GMT
#2087
On November 11 2011 06:54 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:50 Forumite wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:33 Qatol wrote:
Bah you reply too fast, Forumite. I hadn't finished composing my post yet! Too many posts to quote!

I know, I´m like Zoooooom, Reply!

From a players perspective, people leaving the game is never good, either we loose (most of the time) a Townies, or a player gets much, much harder to read. Getting a replacement is better, but if it takes a whole day for the new player to show up then it gets even harder to get a read. Also which solution is used is apparently random, either the host finds a replacement, or settle for killing the role and moving on if there´s no replacements left waiting/to be found. It´s this bad from the players point of view, so it must be many times tougher for the host who has to fix everything. If I ever host a game then I´ll probably just kill anyone dropping off, and compensate with extra nightkills or missed nightkills for Scum to make up for part of the loss of players.

But that punishes scum unfairly, say there are three modkills, and you take away all of the scums KP to make for it, now the town basically gets a free day in exchange for three players who weren't contributing anything.

Replacements/modkills suck, but I think the way we handle it is the best way to do it.

What scum would loose from this is the ability to choose the kills, so it should probably not be a 1-1 deal, rather every 2 modkills take away a nightkill. If 3 die, and scum have 3 KP, then they loose a nightkill and are left with 2 kills for the night. One less nightkill, which is a slight compensation to Town for the 3 members they lost.

EDIT: Ninja'd
:3
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 10 2011 22:26 GMT
#2088
I've always been highly active in games I have the time for. I don't think my inactivity has ever been a problem. I don't remember dropping out of any games besides LotR and LotR was the only one I was modkilled for. Not because I was inactive, but because I couldn't continue to play.

A 3 game ban is just too much. Kills mafia for me. Games are so rare and unpopulated now I'm not gonna wait and be active in sitting out of games on the off chance that I feel like playing a game a month from now.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 10 2011 22:27 GMT
#2089
On November 11 2011 07:22 wherebugsgo wrote:
Here's an idea:

Either let hosts decide on rules to deal with inactive players (or those who request replacement) and modkills, or implement some sort of standard subforum-wide that deals with warnings and bans related to activity.

Or, some hybrid of the two.

The way I imagine a possible system is this:

If it is your first offense, a modkill/replacement results in a warning.

If you provide a good reason for being replaced, and are successfully replaced, you receive a warning, but no ban. You help the host find your replacement if that's what it takes.

If you receive two warnings, it becomes a single game ban. Warnings could expire after a set number of games played, or something, or just make it so they never expire.

A third warning is again just a warning, but a fourth would be up to two bans, and then up to three for six warnings.

if you get modkilled, it's a ban. The number of modkills you've received in the past should basically determine how many games you're banned for. Make it consistent and fair, perhaps one ban per game modkilled.

I wasn't modkilled for breaking the rules, I was modkilled for requesting a replacement. In fact if the host had communicated with me that it was impossible for him I may have found a way to stay in the game. That's not the same as a player who didn't vote or cheated and I'm annoyed I'm getting the same treatment.
RIP Aaliyah
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 10 2011 22:31 GMT
#2090
Well even people who can't play from a certain point on are a problem.

I think the issue in this forum isn't occasional modkills or replacements. It's players who get repeatedly modkilled or replaced that cause problems. it also multiplies the amount of work the hosts need to do.

I felt really bad for GM, for example, cause he had to deal with 3+ modkills in both XLIV and in his newbie game.

IMO modkills and replacements should be rare and exceptional things, but there's always at least one person every game who gets modkilled or replaced. A lot of the time they're people who've had a history of such behavior.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 10 2011 22:33 GMT
#2091
I had to do it twice in very close succession. I've never had a precedence of replacements or modkills and my history as a player shows I'm usually one of the if not usually the most active player in a game. I'm done arguing about it but I'm not sitting out another 3 games when mafia is dying anyway. I guess I'm just done with this forum then.
RIP Aaliyah
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 10 2011 22:36 GMT
#2092
I thought it was two games?

And I don't see how that's unfair at all. Mafia is a time commitment.

I think a one game ban for two modkills is fair. Perhaps two is too much. But ragequitting the forum over that is a little immature, IMO.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 22:40:32
November 10 2011 22:39 GMT
#2093
On November 11 2011 07:36 wherebugsgo wrote:
I thought it was two games?

And I don't see how that's unfair at all. Mafia is a time commitment.

I think a one game ban for two modkills is fair. Perhaps two is too much. But ragequitting the forum over that is a little immature, IMO.

I'm not ragequitting. I wanted to play one game this month and had no intentions of playing a lot after that and knowing how long it takes for games to get setup and finish, I'm not gonna sit out 3 games just to play 1 sometime down the road. I'm not raging.

I was modkilled once in LotR after asking to be replaced. I wasn't modkilled in personality mafia. Unless there is a second modkill I was never made aware of? And it isn't a one game ban it's a three game ban. If a replacement = a modkill now that's just ridiculous moderating.
RIP Aaliyah
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 10 2011 22:47 GMT
#2094
On November 11 2011 07:39 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:36 wherebugsgo wrote:
I thought it was two games?

And I don't see how that's unfair at all. Mafia is a time commitment.

I think a one game ban for two modkills is fair. Perhaps two is too much. But ragequitting the forum over that is a little immature, IMO.

I'm not ragequitting. I wanted to play one game this month and had no intentions of playing a lot after that and knowing how long it takes for games to get setup and finish, I'm not gonna sit out 3 games just to play 1 sometime down the road. I'm not raging.

I was modkilled once in LotR after asking to be replaced. I wasn't modkilled in personality mafia. Unless there is a second modkill I was never made aware of? And it isn't a one game ban it's a three game ban. If a replacement = a modkill now that's just ridiculous moderating.


Right, I think Incog (or whoever hosted personality) said that you requested a replacement on day 1 or something.

Since I'm not fully aware of your situation I can't really comment on it any further, that's not fair to you or anyone else. However, it's my opinion that modkills and replacements should be very rare occurrences, and that the forum should develop a standard by which replacements and modkills should be dealt with.

Personally I think the onus is on the player to help find the host a replacement, and in a first-offense issue the player receives a warning. If replaced a second time the warning turns into a ban, likewise with a modkill.

To ensure these should be rare occurrences, I'd say that warnings should never expire (but some people might find that bad for people who play often) or expire after a set number of games. (that avoids the time issue, where a player gets modkilled, comes back 3 months later when his warning has expired and gets modkilled again, but doesn't get banned)

In my opinion it's clearly an issue the forum needs to deal with, and it's not something that can be easily solved that will make everyone happy, but something needs to be done IMO.

The activity level of the forum at large is a different issue and that'll hopefully be remedied soon with the recruitment stuff that's going to be going on.Hopefully more activity (and perhaps an overall skill increase?) will encourage more players, old and new alike, to play.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 10 2011 22:50 GMT
#2095
On November 11 2011 07:27 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:22 wherebugsgo wrote:
Here's an idea:

Either let hosts decide on rules to deal with inactive players (or those who request replacement) and modkills, or implement some sort of standard subforum-wide that deals with warnings and bans related to activity.

Or, some hybrid of the two.

The way I imagine a possible system is this:

If it is your first offense, a modkill/replacement results in a warning.

If you provide a good reason for being replaced, and are successfully replaced, you receive a warning, but no ban. You help the host find your replacement if that's what it takes.

If you receive two warnings, it becomes a single game ban. Warnings could expire after a set number of games played, or something, or just make it so they never expire.

A third warning is again just a warning, but a fourth would be up to two bans, and then up to three for six warnings.

if you get modkilled, it's a ban. The number of modkills you've received in the past should basically determine how many games you're banned for. Make it consistent and fair, perhaps one ban per game modkilled.

I wasn't modkilled for breaking the rules, I was modkilled for requesting a replacement. In fact if the host had communicated with me that it was impossible for him I may have found a way to stay in the game. That's not the same as a player who didn't vote or cheated and I'm annoyed I'm getting the same treatment.


To be fair the modkill was based around HOW the replacement was asked for. A lot of players asked in the thread and it was framed in a "I'm sorry town, I gotta get replaced" which made it seem like the players being replaced were townies which was kind of like using an outside the game mechanic (replacement) in a weird way. Replacements should be solely handled via PMs to hosts and there shouldn't be a mention of it in thread
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 10 2011 22:53 GMT
#2096
On November 11 2011 07:50 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:27 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:22 wherebugsgo wrote:
Here's an idea:

Either let hosts decide on rules to deal with inactive players (or those who request replacement) and modkills, or implement some sort of standard subforum-wide that deals with warnings and bans related to activity.

Or, some hybrid of the two.

The way I imagine a possible system is this:

If it is your first offense, a modkill/replacement results in a warning.

If you provide a good reason for being replaced, and are successfully replaced, you receive a warning, but no ban. You help the host find your replacement if that's what it takes.

If you receive two warnings, it becomes a single game ban. Warnings could expire after a set number of games played, or something, or just make it so they never expire.

A third warning is again just a warning, but a fourth would be up to two bans, and then up to three for six warnings.

if you get modkilled, it's a ban. The number of modkills you've received in the past should basically determine how many games you're banned for. Make it consistent and fair, perhaps one ban per game modkilled.

I wasn't modkilled for breaking the rules, I was modkilled for requesting a replacement. In fact if the host had communicated with me that it was impossible for him I may have found a way to stay in the game. That's not the same as a player who didn't vote or cheated and I'm annoyed I'm getting the same treatment.


To be fair the modkill was based around HOW the replacement was asked for. A lot of players asked in the thread and it was framed in a "I'm sorry town, I gotta get replaced" which made it seem like the players being replaced were townies which was kind of like using an outside the game mechanic (replacement) in a weird way. Replacements should be solely handled via PMs to hosts and there shouldn't be a mention of it in thread

wait, what? How do I not remember any of this?

I could have sworn the issue was requesting replacement day 1, with no good reason given, but I could be wrong...

Either way if Dr.H has a good reason why he had to replace out, I wouldn't be adverse to rescinding the ban.
Moderator
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 10 2011 22:57 GMT
#2097
On November 11 2011 07:53 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:50 chaoser wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:27 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On November 11 2011 07:22 wherebugsgo wrote:
Here's an idea:

Either let hosts decide on rules to deal with inactive players (or those who request replacement) and modkills, or implement some sort of standard subforum-wide that deals with warnings and bans related to activity.

Or, some hybrid of the two.

The way I imagine a possible system is this:

If it is your first offense, a modkill/replacement results in a warning.

If you provide a good reason for being replaced, and are successfully replaced, you receive a warning, but no ban. You help the host find your replacement if that's what it takes.

If you receive two warnings, it becomes a single game ban. Warnings could expire after a set number of games played, or something, or just make it so they never expire.

A third warning is again just a warning, but a fourth would be up to two bans, and then up to three for six warnings.

if you get modkilled, it's a ban. The number of modkills you've received in the past should basically determine how many games you're banned for. Make it consistent and fair, perhaps one ban per game modkilled.

I wasn't modkilled for breaking the rules, I was modkilled for requesting a replacement. In fact if the host had communicated with me that it was impossible for him I may have found a way to stay in the game. That's not the same as a player who didn't vote or cheated and I'm annoyed I'm getting the same treatment.


To be fair the modkill was based around HOW the replacement was asked for. A lot of players asked in the thread and it was framed in a "I'm sorry town, I gotta get replaced" which made it seem like the players being replaced were townies which was kind of like using an outside the game mechanic (replacement) in a weird way. Replacements should be solely handled via PMs to hosts and there shouldn't be a mention of it in thread

wait, what? How do I not remember any of this?

I could have sworn the issue was requesting replacement day 1, with no good reason given, but I could be wrong...

Either way if Dr.H has a good reason why he had to replace out, I wouldn't be adverse to rescinding the ban.


I think he's talking about LoTR.

Also, I completely agree with chaoser on the public replacement thing. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with as town when someone asks for replacement at a bad time and then you can't do anything about it.

For example, in XLV when Dropbear requested replacement Curu and I thought he was more town because he was requesting replacement for not being able to play but then at the same time he was PMing us and giving us reads. Turns out he was scum and the fact that he was requesting replacement threw us off.

The lesson might be that replacements aren't indicative of alignment, but honestly something needs to be done about that.

I think the outside-of-game administrative stuff should be handled strictly. If a player keeps repeating that he is requesting replacement (I even asked Kurumi in that game, if that was true, and there was no host response IIRC) in the thread then what is town supposed to do? Take the risk at lynching them?


DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 10 2011 23:07 GMT
#2098
My reason for coming out of LotR is highly personal and I refuse to discuss it. Personality Mafia came at a bad time and my schoolwork load increased really unexpectedly. I kind of waned with activity near the end of the last mafia game and didn't want to half ass that game so I asked for a replacement. It was Day1 and I was successfully replaced. I wasn't modkilled in that game. I was, however, modkilled in LotR mafia when I had a much better reason to leave.

I didn't ask for a modkill or replacement in the thread. I simply informed people that I was asking for one/leaving the thread. I think that's fair and courteous? In both cases I PM'd the moderator. I don't understand why that is even being discussed. I'm very confused as to whether my ban is related to Personality or LotR. Why is it 2x? I was replaced in Personality not modkilled. If 1 modkill over a SINGLE replacement with a good reason in one game is enough to warrant a 3 game ban then maybe the Mafia moderators should take a good hard look at the ban system because that is absurd
RIP Aaliyah
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 10 2011 23:27 GMT
#2099
On November 11 2011 08:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I didn't ask for a modkill or replacement in the thread. I simply informed people that I was asking for one/leaving the thread. I think that's fair and courteous? In both cases I PM'd the moderator. I don't understand why that is even being discussed. I'm very confused as to whether my ban is related to Personality or LotR. Why is it 2x? I was replaced in Personality not modkilled. If 1 modkill over a SINGLE replacement with a good reason in one game is enough to warrant a 3 game ban then maybe the Mafia moderators should take a good hard look at the ban system because that is absurd


bolded had nothing to do with you.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 10 2011 23:27 GMT
#2100
I'm fine with giving Dr.H some leeway as he has a good history of being a very committed and active player. However players asking for day 1 replacements was a pretty big problem for awhile and shouldn't be treated lightly in general. Treating on a case-by-case basis is fine though because sometimes things just come up.

Liquipedia
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 523
ZZZero.O 140
Hyun 103
Dota 2
qojqva2280
monkeys_forever227
League of Legends
Doublelift3496
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4537
Liquid`Hasu550
Other Games
summit1g11548
FrodaN1486
KnowMe283
JimRising 245
Livibee187
ViBE16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• Adnapsc2 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra748
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
• Shiphtur608
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 58m
Patches Events
16h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 58m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.