• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6633 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 103

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 180 Next
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 09 2011 13:34 GMT
#2041
On November 09 2011 22:30 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 19:32 Forumite wrote:
On November 09 2011 17:48 Palmar wrote:
On November 09 2011 13:48 Erandorr wrote:
Is there any forum on TL without constant DRAMA?


It's actually surprising that with such an intensive and emotional game as mafia, we manage to disconnect ourselves fairly well most of the time. Sure there sometimes is bad blood, but for the most part we like each other after we're done calling each other "completely fucking retarded" for a while in a game.

It´s probably mostly long practice, also we all know that in the next game, either we are on different teams and can get even by getting them killed, or we are on the same team, and have an incentive to make peace. After WW mafia I had a grudge towards Curu for getting me lynched, but in XLV mafia he was a Townie, and spending half the game trying to figure that out took most of the steam out of any attempts to get him lynched due to a former grudge. That being said, after Couples Therapy the List just got 10 new names.


Lol, you got lynched day 1. The only person you should have a grudge with after that is yourself for being bad.


This couple's therapy isn't working very well lolol
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 09 2011 14:19 GMT
#2042
On November 08 2011 07:38 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 04:20 chaoser wrote:
On November 08 2011 03:57 Palmar wrote:
It's already been discussed.

Jan 1. 2012 it is (Jan 1. 2011 has already passed BrownBear bro).

No need to discuss the issue any further.


Well clearly some people are against it, namely GM and RoL. Was wondering if anyone else that was involved in the griff/BM situations have an opinion. I know BC and Incog are ok with him coming back? I'm good with him coming back.


It doesn't have to be discussed further. There were pages devoted to his ban, and this is the end result. People had plenty of time to put in their words back then. No need to re-visit a closed case. It may even be the wrong decision, but we've made one, so let's stick with it.

♥

Uh, I can almost guarantee me and GM aren't the only people against it. I know meapak is the same as well. On top of which there was never any real discussion. I remember it being mentioned multiple times, me fighting it, no one really commenting then Qatol coming out with a recommendation before his retirement. That doesn't make it law.

So no, January 1st isn't set in stone since I don't believe it was a collective decision. If you guys want to create some type of vote to actually get a community decision on it that is fine, but we never seriously came to a decision. Qatol made a recommendation, that was all.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 09 2011 14:50 GMT
#2043
On November 09 2011 23:19 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 07:38 Palmar wrote:
On November 08 2011 04:20 chaoser wrote:
On November 08 2011 03:57 Palmar wrote:
It's already been discussed.

Jan 1. 2012 it is (Jan 1. 2011 has already passed BrownBear bro).

No need to discuss the issue any further.


Well clearly some people are against it, namely GM and RoL. Was wondering if anyone else that was involved in the griff/BM situations have an opinion. I know BC and Incog are ok with him coming back? I'm good with him coming back.


It doesn't have to be discussed further. There were pages devoted to his ban, and this is the end result. People had plenty of time to put in their words back then. No need to re-visit a closed case. It may even be the wrong decision, but we've made one, so let's stick with it.

♥

Uh, I can almost guarantee me and GM aren't the only people against it. I know meapak is the same as well. On top of which there was never any real discussion. I remember it being mentioned multiple times, me fighting it, no one really commenting then Qatol coming out with a recommendation before his retirement. That doesn't make it law.

So no, January 1st isn't set in stone since I don't believe it was a collective decision. If you guys want to create some type of vote to actually get a community decision on it that is fine, but we never seriously came to a decision. Qatol made a recommendation, that was all.


Okay, I will not comment further on it. I don't know anything about it, you guys can open the can of worms again if you wish.
Computer says mafia
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 15:18 GMT
#2044
On November 09 2011 22:30 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 19:32 Forumite wrote:
On November 09 2011 17:48 Palmar wrote:
On November 09 2011 13:48 Erandorr wrote:
Is there any forum on TL without constant DRAMA?


It's actually surprising that with such an intensive and emotional game as mafia, we manage to disconnect ourselves fairly well most of the time. Sure there sometimes is bad blood, but for the most part we like each other after we're done calling each other "completely fucking retarded" for a while in a game.

It´s probably mostly long practice, also we all know that in the next game, either we are on different teams and can get even by getting them killed, or we are on the same team, and have an incentive to make peace. After WW mafia I had a grudge towards Curu for getting me lynched, but in XLV mafia he was a Townie, and spending half the game trying to figure that out took most of the steam out of any attempts to get him lynched due to a former grudge. That being said, after Couples Therapy the List just got 10 new names.


Lol, you got lynched day 1. The only person you should have a grudge with after that is yourself for being bad.

[image loading]
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
November 09 2011 17:48 GMT
#2045
On November 09 2011 22:30 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 19:32 Forumite wrote:
On November 09 2011 17:48 Palmar wrote:
On November 09 2011 13:48 Erandorr wrote:
Is there any forum on TL without constant DRAMA?


It's actually surprising that with such an intensive and emotional game as mafia, we manage to disconnect ourselves fairly well most of the time. Sure there sometimes is bad blood, but for the most part we like each other after we're done calling each other "completely fucking retarded" for a while in a game.

It´s probably mostly long practice, also we all know that in the next game, either we are on different teams and can get even by getting them killed, or we are on the same team, and have an incentive to make peace. After WW mafia I had a grudge towards Curu for getting me lynched, but in XLV mafia he was a Townie, and spending half the game trying to figure that out took most of the steam out of any attempts to get him lynched due to a former grudge. That being said, after Couples Therapy the List just got 10 new names.


Lol, you got lynched day 1. The only person you should have a grudge with after that is yourself for being bad.

No, I blame Town for making a bad call in the heat of the moment. Town delayed making a decision until right before the deadline and so they got stressed and made sure that someone flipped, not caring who. I know how it goes, we did the same thing in XLV.
:3
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 17:51 GMT
#2046
On November 10 2011 02:48 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 22:30 Palmar wrote:
On November 09 2011 19:32 Forumite wrote:
On November 09 2011 17:48 Palmar wrote:
On November 09 2011 13:48 Erandorr wrote:
Is there any forum on TL without constant DRAMA?


It's actually surprising that with such an intensive and emotional game as mafia, we manage to disconnect ourselves fairly well most of the time. Sure there sometimes is bad blood, but for the most part we like each other after we're done calling each other "completely fucking retarded" for a while in a game.

It´s probably mostly long practice, also we all know that in the next game, either we are on different teams and can get even by getting them killed, or we are on the same team, and have an incentive to make peace. After WW mafia I had a grudge towards Curu for getting me lynched, but in XLV mafia he was a Townie, and spending half the game trying to figure that out took most of the steam out of any attempts to get him lynched due to a former grudge. That being said, after Couples Therapy the List just got 10 new names.


Lol, you got lynched day 1. The only person you should have a grudge with after that is yourself for being bad.

No, I blame Town for making a bad call in the heat of the moment. Town delayed making a decision until right before the deadline and so they got stressed and made sure that someone flipped, not caring who. I know how it goes, we did the same thing in XLV.

lol ok
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
November 09 2011 17:54 GMT
#2047
maybe you kids should stop talking about an ongoing game be you host or dead or alive

also this is the ban list not the miscellaneous thread
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 18:01 GMT
#2048
says who?!?!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 09 2011 20:55 GMT
#2049
On November 10 2011 02:54 prplhz wrote:
maybe you kids should stop talking about an ongoing game be you host or dead or alive

also this is the ban list not the miscellaneous thread

Agreed. Please stop discussing the team game until it is over.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 21:00 GMT
#2050
I've been thinking about this for a few days, anyway here goes:


Is a banlist really necessary? I think it's unfair that we exclude people based on decisions made months ago. I propose a new, far easier to moderate system.

Hosts post games, anyone can sign up. Hosts can choose to not let certain people play. Players can also pm the host if they don't want a player to play in the game. If say 5 people say they don't want a player in the game, that player cannot play. It essentially accomplishes the same thing, but allows for redemption.

It also completely destroys any problems involving certain people having more sway than others on issues.

It would also up the quality of games, and people would learn not to be total dicks because it could get them barred from games.

thoughts?
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
November 09 2011 21:12 GMT
#2051
On November 10 2011 06:00 redFF wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a few days, anyway here goes:


Is a banlist really necessary? I think it's unfair that we exclude people based on decisions made months ago. I propose a new, far easier to moderate system.

Hosts post games, anyone can sign up. Hosts can choose to not let certain people play. Players can also pm the host if they don't want a player to play in the game. If say 5 people say they don't want a player in the game, that player cannot play. It essentially accomplishes the same thing, but allows for redemption.

It also completely destroys any problems involving certain people having more sway than others on issues.

It would also up the quality of games, and people would learn not to be total dicks because it could get them barred from games.

thoughts?

That does not solve inactivity problems, which is the reason the banlist was created in the first place and is still the vast majority of the bans. Situations like Bill Murray are rare, inactivity is something that will never go away (although it's much better now than it was years ago). In GM's recent mini game there were like 5 inactivity modkills or something? Which is like 30-40% of the players (and years ago that wouldn't have been all too uncommon either).

There needs to be something to stop people from signing up for a game, getting modkilled due to inactivity, then signing up for another game and repeating. And people seldom remember inactivity bans; do you remember all the inactivity bans from the games you played in? I only remember ones from when it was my mafia teammates. So PMing the host that you don't want player X in the game because they were inactive isn't going to do much because other people will either not remember or just not care enough.

And people are already less of a total dick than in the past. Hosts are much stricter about what behavior is allowed in games. And despite what any other person may tell you, the quality of games here has improved on the average over time. In current games, nearly everyone uses the filter button and rereads the thread as the game is going on. When I first started playing probably 5-10% of the players did that. (Of course, this does not mean that players are always using the information correctly, but at least they are filtering and rereading which is one step closer).
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 21:20 GMT
#2052
yeah inactivity would be the one issue. If we had longer days then we wouldn't need a banlist, but as it is.

the way we handle inactivity is fine I think, but its anything other than activity we have trouble with I think. The mig or the BM issue are 2 big examples, but not the only one.

I just don't think people should be banned from games for anything other than inactivity I guess. Anything else should be decided by the game they want to sign up to's players and host.

Viscera eyes or BC's bans are good examples. I don't think either of them deserved a month or 2 out of TL mafia, and the system I'm suggesting would be a lot better for anything other than inactivity modkills.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 09 2011 21:25 GMT
#2053
On November 10 2011 06:00 redFF wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a few days, anyway here goes:


Is a banlist really necessary? I think it's unfair that we exclude people based on decisions made months ago. I propose a new, far easier to moderate system.

Hosts post games, anyone can sign up. Hosts can choose to not let certain people play. Players can also pm the host if they don't want a player to play in the game. If say 5 people say they don't want a player in the game, that player cannot play. It essentially accomplishes the same thing, but allows for redemption.

It also completely destroys any problems involving certain people having more sway than others on issues.

It would also up the quality of games, and people would learn not to be total dicks because it could get them barred from games.

thoughts?

Basically you're just proposing a system where every single host has their own ban list (which is extremely messy to manage) and where groups of players can force people out of the games permanently. If anything, your proposed system takes away any chance of redemption once enough people get a grudge against someone.

We generally don't exclude people for decisions made months ago unless they haven't been around in the intervening months (and it isn't really a punishment if they aren't losing anything, is it?) or their conduct was really really bad. There is a reason we have a discussion here on virtually every disciplinary ban. They aren't treated lightly. If anything, it's simpler to do things this way because then everyone's opinion is made public rather than a few players privately deciding to exclude someone from all games for an indefinite amount of time.

If someone is being a total jerk to you in the games, send a PM to the host or to Flamewheel about it. This system can definitely perform the function you want if the actions actually warrant punishment.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 22:03:08
November 09 2011 22:02 GMT
#2054
On November 10 2011 06:25 Qatol wrote:
groups of players can force people out of the games permanently.

isn't this exactly what's happening with bill murray?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 09 2011 22:31 GMT
#2055
TMMM is over

1 game ban for Crofty for getting modkilled.
Computer says mafia
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 09 2011 22:44 GMT
#2056
On November 10 2011 07:02 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 06:25 Qatol wrote:
groups of players can force people out of the games permanently.

isn't this exactly what's happening with bill murray?


Not at all. It was a subforum wide thing where pretty much every knew BM was fucking up big time and everyone decided to semi ban him. It's the reinstatement that's troublesome but I'm pretty sure in the end BM will be given is final chance back by some nice host and if he has changed then will be accepted back into the community by everyone else over time. It's like kawaiirice or something like that
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
November 10 2011 01:29 GMT
#2057
In all fairness red, I'm to blame for how LONG I've been gone - my ban was only 3 games and I'm pretty sure WAY more than 3 games have been played since then.

It just sucks that under the current system, now that I'm back and ready to be active, I can't. Gotta wait some more. *shrug*

I don't care one way or the other. I play PLENTY of Mafia.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 10 2011 02:29 GMT
#2058
On November 10 2011 10:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
In all fairness red, I'm to blame for how LONG I've been gone - my ban was only 3 games and I'm pretty sure WAY more than 3 games have been played since then.

It just sucks that under the current system, now that I'm back and ready to be active, I can't. Gotta wait some more. *shrug*

I don't care one way or the other. I play PLENTY of Mafia.

But that's the whole point. You were gone. You weren't really affected by your ban up until this point because you weren't around. It doesn't make sense to let people use games in which they wouldn't have played anyways against a ban.
Uff Da
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
November 10 2011 04:01 GMT
#2059
BM is one player out of literally hundreds who have played TL mafia. Yeah it sucks to sit out a ban but the current system is fair. I personally am among the people who don't want BM back however the general consensus is that he gets one more chance in a few months. Because we have agreed to community rules though I'm going to follow the majority even if it isn't what I want.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 10 2011 04:06 GMT
#2060
On November 10 2011 13:01 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
BM is one player out of literally hundreds who have played TL mafia. Yeah it sucks to sit out a ban but the current system is fair. I personally am among the people who don't want BM back however the general consensus is that he gets one more chance in a few months. Because we have agreed to community rules though I'm going to follow the majority even if it isn't what I want.

Pretty much this. However if he ruins one of my games, I will not rest until I see him permabanned with no hope of redemption.

I still think that if BM gets a third chance Zorkmid needs to get a second chance.
Moderator
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10420
Rain 3184
soO 520
BeSt 449
Stork 378
Soulkey 359
Soma 342
Rush 266
firebathero 213
Barracks 152
[ Show more ]
Sexy 95
Shinee 52
Killer 32
Mind 30
Sharp 23
Shine 22
HiyA 22
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 16
yabsab 14
hero 13
Terrorterran 12
zelot 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5630
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King122
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1111
Pyrionflax199
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV157
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3m
CranKy Ducklings23
CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
Patches Events
5h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 3m
OSC
13h 3m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.