• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:51
CEST 10:51
KST 17:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8447 users

TL Mafia XV - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 71 Next
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 21 2009 05:01 GMT
#141
hey obamacaller
why?
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
October 21 2009 05:01 GMT
#142
On October 21 2009 13:52 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Well, if we are using the DT list to keep good people alive, then DTs can check the medic list. If we want DTs to check people who are about to die, then DTs should just check suspicious people who are on the chopping block to die soon. They can probably figure that out without a list just by following our town discussion. It seems to me that a DT list is either a medic list or a suspect list.

Essentially, it seems slightly contradictory to use DTs to keep people alive while saying DTs are supposed to check dead people. Granted, the medic list contains people who the mafia want dead (and I'd guess at least one mafia).


Well the point is to use DTs LIKE the medics in the medic lists. Its good to have DTs check people who will die, but we can also use them to deter mafia hits. Because they WONT want to hit people who will get RCed. I guess the tradeoff is do we have people we want to protect vs. do we want to make DTs as useful as possible and as fast as possible. There are multiple suspicious people who could be on the chopping block soon. Plus the way the game evolves we almost always change suspects after night happens/we have more information. So perhaps RCing the people who might attract attention for the mafia might be better than RCing people who might attract angst from the town.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Tricode
Profile Joined January 2009
United States538 Posts
October 21 2009 05:03 GMT
#143
Ok, if I think I got the idea of you want to do Incognito. Can't excuse myself from this stupidity of mine (but if it helps my case, I had a midterm today and studying for Spanish test tomorrow.)

So basically the Dt's should use our lynch list and try to see what they got for their RC for them. To figure out their sanity.

Sorry once again for my brain fart.

Your suggestion seems sound. Though that means until DT's can get it together (figure out their sanity) we need to try to do our best to attempt to pick best choice lynches. Correct?
1, 2, he is coming for you. Kill the C0bbler!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
October 21 2009 05:07 GMT
#144
On October 21 2009 14:03 Tricode wrote:
Ok, if I think I got the idea of you want to do Incognito. Can't excuse myself from this stupidity of mine (but if it helps my case, I had a midterm today and studying for Spanish test tomorrow.)

So basically the Dt's should use our lynch list and try to see what they got for their RC for them. To figure out their sanity.

Sorry once again for my brain fart.

Your suggestion seems sound. Though that means until DT's can get it together (figure out their sanity) we need to try to do our best to attempt to pick best choice lynches. Correct?


Not really. Trying to get DTs to check dying people is good, yes. But I was suggesting using DTs as a deterrent from mafia killing some people we want alive.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
October 21 2009 05:07 GMT
#145
Hi foolishness.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
October 21 2009 05:08 GMT
#146
Hi Incognito!
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
October 21 2009 05:10 GMT
#147
Dear town, please listen to this man before the mafia force me to drown. We are in a race of time, we will only win if we can stop the crime, so please dear town we must do our best to shine.

With the Dt plan we can compete, with the mafia who are ever so meek, so we should give it a shot, or risk the chance of us all being caught, and our attempts being for naught.

Rise to arms my friends, Let us win the day, and keep the darkness at bay!
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
October 21 2009 05:25 GMT
#148
On October 21 2009 14:07 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 14:03 Tricode wrote:
Ok, if I think I got the idea of you want to do Incognito. Can't excuse myself from this stupidity of mine (but if it helps my case, I had a midterm today and studying for Spanish test tomorrow.)

So basically the Dt's should use our lynch list and try to see what they got for their RC for them. To figure out their sanity.

Sorry once again for my brain fart.

Your suggestion seems sound. Though that means until DT's can get it together (figure out their sanity) we need to try to do our best to attempt to pick best choice lynches. Correct?


Not really. Trying to get DTs to check dying people is good, yes. But I was suggesting using DTs as a deterrent from mafia killing some people we want alive.


I'm not sure if that's the better approach. Given the permutations, it should take a DT 2 RC's and according deaths to have a good approximation of his alignment. 3 if one of the deaths is a repeat in terms of color. It is definitely a deterrent but I'm not sure of exactly how effective it is.

Also, with 21 players, we definitely don't have more than 2 DTs. Do we know if all blue roles listed are actually present? (like in the speed game more blue roles were in the rules post than actually in the game)
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Tricode
Profile Joined January 2009
United States538 Posts
October 21 2009 05:42 GMT
#149
On October 21 2009 14:25 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 14:07 Incognito wrote:
On October 21 2009 14:03 Tricode wrote:
Ok, if I think I got the idea of you want to do Incognito. Can't excuse myself from this stupidity of mine (but if it helps my case, I had a midterm today and studying for Spanish test tomorrow.)

So basically the Dt's should use our lynch list and try to see what they got for their RC for them. To figure out their sanity.

Sorry once again for my brain fart.

Your suggestion seems sound. Though that means until DT's can get it together (figure out their sanity) we need to try to do our best to attempt to pick best choice lynches. Correct?


Not really. Trying to get DTs to check dying people is good, yes. But I was suggesting using DTs as a deterrent from mafia killing some people we want alive.


I'm not sure if that's the better approach. Given the permutations, it should take a DT 2 RC's and according deaths to have a good approximation of his alignment. 3 if one of the deaths is a repeat in terms of color. It is definitely a deterrent but I'm not sure of exactly how effective it is.

Also, with 21 players, we definitely don't have more than 2 DTs. Do we know if all blue roles listed are actually present? (like in the speed game more blue roles were in the rules post than actually in the game)


We have to kinda assume the blues are active (hopefully), or at least until we see other wise.

The plan is good for now, but it might help to have a back up plan.

I think we should be voting for least active people for now, but we need to use the best judgments when we pick our lynches.

If anyone can offer up any other ideas, that would be nice though. So we can kinda have more ideas to work with.
1, 2, he is coming for you. Kill the C0bbler!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 21 2009 05:43 GMT
#150
*yawn*

man it's that time again already?

<---running for mayor

<---going back to sleep
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Tricode
Profile Joined January 2009
United States538 Posts
October 21 2009 05:44 GMT
#151
On October 21 2009 14:43 Ace wrote:
*yawn*

man it's that time again already?

<---running for mayor

<---going back to sleep


^earns my vote!
1, 2, he is coming for you. Kill the C0bbler!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
October 21 2009 05:49 GMT
#152
On October 21 2009 14:25 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 14:07 Incognito wrote:
On October 21 2009 14:03 Tricode wrote:
Ok, if I think I got the idea of you want to do Incognito. Can't excuse myself from this stupidity of mine (but if it helps my case, I had a midterm today and studying for Spanish test tomorrow.)

So basically the Dt's should use our lynch list and try to see what they got for their RC for them. To figure out their sanity.

Sorry once again for my brain fart.

Your suggestion seems sound. Though that means until DT's can get it together (figure out their sanity) we need to try to do our best to attempt to pick best choice lynches. Correct?


Not really. Trying to get DTs to check dying people is good, yes. But I was suggesting using DTs as a deterrent from mafia killing some people we want alive.


I'm not sure if that's the better approach. Given the permutations, it should take a DT 2 RC's and according deaths to have a good approximationproof of his alignment. 3 if one of the deaths is a repeat in terms of color. It is definitely a deterrent but I'm not sure of exactly how effective it is.

Also, with 21 players, we definitely don't have more than 2 DTs. Do we know if all blue roles listed are actually present? (like in the speed game more blue roles were in the rules post than actually in the game)


I wouldn't entirely rule out multiple DTs. Given how weak they are early game and given how Ver said they wanted to give the town power but give the mafia options for misdirection (BGs) I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "power" was later game information gathering power. Could be wrong though. But the DT numbers are pretty irrelevant at this point. Im going to assume that there could be none of a role, but I'm not certain.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 21 2009 05:54 GMT
#153
On October 21 2009 14:43 Ace wrote:
*yawn*

man it's that time again already?

<---running for mayor

<---going back to sleep

hey everyone i heard bill clinton ace cheated on his wife don't vote for him
and since he isn't replying obviously this is true
!!
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Tricode
Profile Joined January 2009
United States538 Posts
October 21 2009 05:55 GMT
#154
On October 21 2009 14:54 HeavOnEarth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 14:43 Ace wrote:
*yawn*

man it's that time again already?

<---running for mayor

<---going back to sleep

hey everyone i heard bill clinton ace cheated on his wife don't vote for him
and since he isn't replying obviously this is true
!!


Don't player hate.
1, 2, he is coming for you. Kill the C0bbler!
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
October 21 2009 06:01 GMT
#155
I'm going to be super busy tomorrow, but i'll check in during the day while I run actual real life elections at my faculty. I might decide to run for mayor too if I have time to mentally work through the implications of no clues and messed up DTs.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
October 21 2009 06:17 GMT
#156
My brown spirit is being torn horizontally! Shall I vote for one that speaks in a revolutionary tone or should I vote for the one I was always loyal to but then forsaken me in the previous world...

My brown spirit is also torn vertically! Shall I put the bomb on the one that had betrayed me or shall I have forgiveness and place the bomb on someone random? Of course, placing it on no one is meaningless...it must be two obv. - that is if I have the bombs...Maybe I should place the bombs in a certain order...maybe I might spell something...but only two letters...GO, SO, TO, IT, ME...ect Maybe I can combine names to spell something,,maybe like kill L and then ACE to form LACE. If I do that I can have my revenge...the initials would be JC...hmmm....can anyone think of better symbolic killings because I wouldn't like to go out with a bang! but with a bang! boom! Kaboom! hmm If I die my symbol would be U....GOSU players are Incognito, Scamp, Redtooth, Chezinu....ISRC

Insurgent Suicidal Revolutionary Corps!!

Let us be strong martyrs for this great revolution!

Long Live Brown!
Long Live GOSU!
Short Live the IRSC...(and ACE if he doesn't apologize)
lol, clueless in The Prism!
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
October 21 2009 06:26 GMT
#157
On October 21 2009 15:17 Chezinu wrote:
My brown spirit is being torn horizontally! Shall I vote for one that speaks in a revolutionary tone or should I vote for the one I was always loyal to but then forsaken me in the previous world...

My brown spirit is also torn vertically! Shall I put the bomb on the one that had betrayed me or shall I have forgiveness and place the bomb on someone random? Of course, placing it on no one is meaningless...it must be two obv. - that is if I have the bombs...Maybe I should place the bombs in a certain order...maybe I might spell something...but only two letters...GO, SO, TO, IT, ME...ect Maybe I can combine names to spell something,,maybe like kill L and then ACE to form LACE. If I do that I can have my revenge...the initials would be JC...hmmm....can anyone think of better symbolic killings because I wouldn't like to go out with a bang! but with a bang! boom! Kaboom! hmm If I die my symbol would be U....GOSU players are Incognito, Scamp, Redtooth, Chezinu....ISRC

Insurgent Suicidal Revolutionary Corps!!

Let us be strong martyrs for this great revolution!

Long Live Brown!
Long Live GOSU!
Short Live the IRSC...(and ACE if he doesn't apologize)
i don't want to be associated with you. you are mafia. gtfo.

besides, i feel that you can't demand GOSU to live and IRSC to die...
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
October 21 2009 06:47 GMT
#158
My heart torn to pieces
All have turned against me
Detonation time ticking

Having nothing to spare
All I asked for depleted
Totaled and abolished
To look in brown silence
Everywhere clouds of dust
Remote destruction time
lol, clueless in The Prism!
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
October 21 2009 07:03 GMT
#159
With a leap, I jump to my feet
I grab my gun and slide it into the holster, from there I climb the apulster
Throwing on my coat, I let out a great shout
I strode through my portal, in the town full of twenty - one mortal

lingering in the crowd, I watched the falling shroud,
why oh way did the good have to die, why oh why did they believe the lie
with the morning sun, we had lost more than one,
town we must begin the cull, and go back to our lull, so let us find our blades not dull
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Tricode
Profile Joined January 2009
United States538 Posts
October 21 2009 07:04 GMT
#160
I'm going to bed. Got a test to get ready for tomorrow. Hopefully we can figure some more ideas out of how to flesh out the mafia.

By the way Qatol, Donatello stills rules!
1, 2, he is coming for you. Kill the C0bbler!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1227
Hyuk 533
Leta 76
Dewaltoss 72
Bisu 57
Killer 55
Larva 54
Yoon 45
soO 43
Aegong 33
[ Show more ]
Sharp 28
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 24
ZerO 21
Hm[arnc] 20
EffOrt 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Fuzer 130
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss845
byalli637
kRYSTAL_27
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor922
crisheroes73
Other Games
summit1g9414
singsing1358
olofmeister1001
ceh9602
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS44
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Rush1179
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 9m
OSC
13h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.