TL MAFIA XV
+ Show Spoiler [Results] +
*Note that Qatol is helping me host. Any inquiries can be directed to him or myself.
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night.
If the mafia at any time outnumber the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (they are all subject to change before the start of the game!)
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting after death. One polite goodbye post is acceptable but please do not post anything which could POSSIBLY affect the game.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
1. You must post your vote in the Vote Thread (which will be in a separate thread in the mafia forum). Do not PM or IM it to me.
2. You must clearly declare and bold your vote in this format ie: "I vote to lynch Chuiu".
3. You can not autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You cannot vote for yourself or anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins over the other person.
6. You may abstain, but must let me know: ie: "I abstain from voting".
7. Voting is mandatory. You must vote or abstain.
Inactivity has been a problem in every mafia game so far. It works as such: players are allowed to safely miss the lynch vote(s) (fail to either vote or abstain) for one day over the course of the game. If you fail to vote on a second day, I will use my discretion about modkilling you based on how active you have been and any excuses you might have. Anyone who is modkilled may not play in one of my games until they have proven themselves to be active players in another game. I am hoping I never have to modkill anyone. Please remain active so I do not have to. After each missed vote, I will send you a PM reminding you to be active. If you do not believe you can maintain the required level of activity, please PM me before the game begins.
Signups are invite-only for this game. If you were not invited and think you would be a good candidate, please PM Ver.
This game will be working a little differently: there will be no clues. Finding the mafia will come down to your wits and analysis. Thus it is even more imperative for the town to be active, discuss, and get information in the open.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case Qatol or myself will not be there, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up.
I would ask that potential candidates do NOT begin their campaigns before the game starts. I believe doing so interferes with the atmosphere of the game and provides a level of sincerity that should not be part of the game. With this in mind, I would ask the voters not to consider running before the game begins as a perk to a player's candidacy.
Chuiu, Ace, Tracil, Caller, BloodyC0bbler, Qatol, LTT, Plexa, and Pyrrhuloxia for taking the time to run mafia games for us.
The balance crew (you know who you are) for helping us to make this setup reasonably balanced.