• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:55
CEST 22:55
KST 05:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6959 users

[PAX] PAX Prime (NA Regionals) - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 300 301 302 Next
In bold, please post any uStream feedback you have. Include your country and browser
I'll be relaying intel back to Riot.

Much thanks.

- Neo, 11:37 30.08

Day 1 Data
Day 2 Data
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 05:03:12
August 29 2012 05:00 GMT
#21
I'll be at PAX but I might skip some of these matches and do other stuff. I'll definitely be at the finals if I can help it. I'll try to take pictures if it isn't too crazy.

I heard rumors when PAX first sold out that it sold out in record time due to the LoL tournament. If those rumors are true it's going to be packed as fuck in there.

edit:
Also, I posted this in the general thread but if anyone's going to be there and wants to hang with me and some friends one day feel free to drop me a PM. I'd be down for hitting up a bar too especially since only one of my friends is likely to drink with me.
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
August 29 2012 05:01 GMT
#22
Looking forward to this. I hope the top 3's a little less predictable than what we've become used to, and we see some left-of-centre teamcomps/strategies.

I wonder how many Diana/Zyra picks will come out, and if we'll see much variation from the Corki/Ez/Graves botlane trinity (or if anyone aside from Elementz will run non-standard supports).
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
August 29 2012 05:02 GMT
#23
Yea I got kind of sick of seeing Corki/Ez/Graves every single game at MLG :\
Never Knows Best.
Elem
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4717 Posts
August 29 2012 05:22 GMT
#24
1) TSM TSM TSM
2) Dig
3) Curse or LgN

Really excited to see all these special strats they've been bragging about all this time.

#freeshauni
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
August 29 2012 05:43 GMT
#25
What I want to happen

1) TSM
2) TD
3) Evo

What I think will happen

1) TSM
2) CLG
3) Curse
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
August 29 2012 05:48 GMT
#26
Dig looked weak at mlg, hope they can get top 3.
HPoirot
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1303 Posts
August 29 2012 06:05 GMT
#27
As much as I want them to, Evo has no shot at advancing unless they've got something really special cooked up. The team synergy just doesn't seem to be there. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Curse is seemingly the only team out of the top 4 with an easy first round. The other three all have a realistic chance at being upset(Dignitas most of all). Should be interesting to see how CLG.NA responds to Legion's early-game strategies. Not sure how familiar they are with them, setting up a possible WE situation again.

On August 29 2012 13:35 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 13:22 HPoirot wrote:
On August 29 2012 13:10 Chrispy wrote:
I predict TSM.Evo is going to turn some heads this tournament.

I sure hope they do. Their recent results ain't exactly feeling me with hope though.

On August 29 2012 12:56 Sufficiency wrote:
On August 29 2012 12:55 Node wrote:
So I live in Seattle. The only way to go to this is to have PAX Prime tickets, correct? 'cause no way am I paying for aftermarket PAX tickets. (plus, I gotta work on Friday and Saturday. ugh)


I got a Sunday one knowing full well that I got ripped off. But I won't be in Seattle for very long so... oh well.

If you don't mind getting ripped off, you should definitely visit the EMP. It's the big ugly building by the Space Needle, can't miss it.( I kid, I kid. Totally worth the price of admission if your biggest passion is looking at guitars.)


It's Bumbershoot (independent music fest in seattle center) over labor day weekend, so that might be difficult. I totally recommend wandering around Bumbershoot and listening to anything that catches your ear if you're willing to spring for a ticket, though. There's a stage set up inside EMP that tends to have pretty neat stuff fairly frequently.


I never actually realized that Bumbershoot was over Labor Day weekend. I don't know when I thought it happened. I feel like I should be forced to give up my Sound residency and move to Spokane or something.

Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
August 29 2012 06:13 GMT
#28
2pm EST? If there are only 2 matches a day, why can't they be in prime-time. /whine

I don't have internet at work so I'm going to have to hope for a fast rebroadcast... Sad, at least with EU regionals I could catch some before I left to work.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 06:24:27
August 29 2012 06:22 GMT
#29
On August 29 2012 15:05 HPoirot wrote:
As much as I want them to, Evo has no shot at advancing unless they've got something really special cooked up. The team synergy just doesn't seem to be there. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Curse is seemingly the only team out of the top 4 with an easy first round. The other three all have a realistic chance at being upset(Dignitas most of all). Should be interesting to see how CLG.NA responds to Legion's early-game strategies. Not sure how familiar they are with them, setting up a possible WE situation again.

Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 13:35 Node wrote:
On August 29 2012 13:22 HPoirot wrote:
On August 29 2012 13:10 Chrispy wrote:
I predict TSM.Evo is going to turn some heads this tournament.

I sure hope they do. Their recent results ain't exactly feeling me with hope though.

On August 29 2012 12:56 Sufficiency wrote:
On August 29 2012 12:55 Node wrote:
So I live in Seattle. The only way to go to this is to have PAX Prime tickets, correct? 'cause no way am I paying for aftermarket PAX tickets. (plus, I gotta work on Friday and Saturday. ugh)


I got a Sunday one knowing full well that I got ripped off. But I won't be in Seattle for very long so... oh well.

If you don't mind getting ripped off, you should definitely visit the EMP. It's the big ugly building by the Space Needle, can't miss it.( I kid, I kid. Totally worth the price of admission if your biggest passion is looking at guitars.)


It's Bumbershoot (independent music fest in seattle center) over labor day weekend, so that might be difficult. I totally recommend wandering around Bumbershoot and listening to anything that catches your ear if you're willing to spring for a ticket, though. There's a stage set up inside EMP that tends to have pretty neat stuff fairly frequently.


I never actually realized that Bumbershoot was over Labor Day weekend. I don't know when I thought it happened. I feel like I should be forced to give up my Sound residency and move to Spokane or something.



I don't think Legion's early game strats are going to be anywhere near as refined as Korean early game strategies. And considering the sheer skill leap I don't see why people think there's a realistic chance that TSM or CLG could get eliminated first round. I may end up eating my words or something but unless TSM/CLG derp super hard there's almost no chance of them losing round 1 based purely on player skill alone.

I think it's kinda sad that Salce finally gets a team with proper sponsorship yet it's an overall weaker team in relation to the scene than when he had Dan Dinh jungle and Dyrus/Doublelift alternating on AD/support.

edit:
They decided to host the event at PAX. I don't think Riot could afford to be too picky about what times the games could happen. They probably just took whatever they could get.

edit2:
I could see CLG losing if Legion got WildTurtle to sub again.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
August 29 2012 06:54 GMT
#30
On August 29 2012 13:54 SidianTheBard wrote:
I'm hoping for:
1) CLG
2) TSM
3) Curse

This tournament is going to be crazy!


I want the same 3 teams to win but i'd prefer TSM over CLG for top spot. I also think TSM is an overall stronger team atm too.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 09:24:14
August 29 2012 09:23 GMT
#31
I don't see TSM nor CLG losing in first round. These two teams are strong because of their solid, consistent bottom lane (Dyrus was feeding? Regi derped? No problem ChaoX carries as always). Dig might run into problems with TD though... QTpie isn't the best player to rely on.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 29 2012 09:28 GMT
#32
I can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It better live up to my hype. I am expecting crazy fucking strats. TSM and CLG better have some super cray stuff since they didn't go to MLG .

I am expecting Jungle Nidalee from CLG.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
August 29 2012 09:35 GMT
#33
i want to see the poke comp hueheuhue
GANDHISAUCE
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
August 29 2012 09:36 GMT
#34
That Chaox picture creep me out for an unknown reason. I would love to see TSM.evo, dignitas, curse and TSM doing well. So I'm rooting for 50% of the participant...
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 29 2012 09:39 GMT
#35
On August 29 2012 18:35 De4ngus wrote:
i want to see the poke comp hueheuhue

....
I would be so mad. Luckily AP Kog got nerfed and hotshot is now jungle. Voyboy ap nid inc?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
August 29 2012 10:14 GMT
#36
Wow wonderful that this tournament has great times in Europe for watching.

8 PM and 11 PM CET are close to ideal. Tyty Riot
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Schwopzi
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands954 Posts
August 29 2012 10:52 GMT
#37
On August 29 2012 15:13 Takkara wrote:
2pm EST? If there are only 2 matches a day, why can't they be in prime-time. /whine

I don't have internet at work so I'm going to have to hope for a fast rebroadcast... Sad, at least with EU regionals I could catch some before I left to work.


So we europeans can watch them comfortably in the evening instead of in the middle of the night ofc!
Only the dead have seen the end of war
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
August 29 2012 10:55 GMT
#38
3AM in Korea T_T
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 29 2012 14:17 GMT
#39
Anyone else watched the tiebreak qualification games between mme (former mtw) and orb? The first game I didn't really like the teamcomp of Orb
Didn't see picks bans but comps were:
Orb: Tristana / Nunu / Skarner / Yorick / Orianna
mMe: Graves / Lulu / Maokai / Irelia / Cassiopeia

It doesn't feel like Orianna / Yorick / Skarner go well together at all.

Yorick doesn't have a good midgame target for his ult to go zombie mode - sure, ulting tristana late is great, where its sorta giving you two carries but in earlier teamfights when tristana is still weak this is when you see Yorick ulting a mage for them to go Karthus-mode.

Orianna doesn't have anyone who can dive into the enemy team and get an R on many targets. Sure, skarner likes the MS from W, but Skarner wants to kidnap a solitary target, not so much dive into the middle of 5.

Skarner doesn't have a team that will help him "get the grab" except for orianna - he pretty much has to just facetank the enemy team, run in there, and grab someone.

+ Show Spoiler [game1] +
MME wins game 1.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 14:27:15
August 29 2012 14:26 GMT
#40
On August 29 2012 14:01 Haasts wrote:
Looking forward to this. I hope the top 3's a little less predictable than what we've become used to, and we see some left-of-centre teamcomps/strategies.

I wonder how many Diana/Zyra picks will come out, and if we'll see much variation from the Corki/Ez/Graves botlane trinity (or if anyone aside from Elementz will run non-standard supports).

No Diana picks, she's globally banned from the tournament. I actually really like that they've taken to disabling the most recent champion from most tournaments. It allows them to have the most recent balance patch without the corresponding champion (which may be OP or not, doesn't matter.)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 300 301 302 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 584
ZZZero.O 160
soO 57
Hyun 49
Dota 2
qojqva2443
League of Legends
Doublelift2013
Counter-Strike
fl0m4113
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4216
Liquid`Hasu652
Other Games
summit1g6724
FrodaN1415
KnowMe346
ToD296
Pyrionflax189
420jenkins187
Livibee186
QueenE105
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick791
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1997
Other Games
• imaqtpie890
• Shiphtur582
• Scarra368
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 6m
Patches Events
18h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.