• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7024 users

[PAX] PAX Prime (NA Regionals) - Page 300

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 302 Next
In bold, please post any uStream feedback you have. Include your country and browser
I'll be relaying intel back to Riot.

Much thanks.

- Neo, 11:37 30.08

Day 1 Data
Day 2 Data
GeorgeForeman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States1746 Posts
September 03 2012 15:01 GMT
#5981
There seems to be some confusion about TOO counter jungling success in Game 1 of the finals. He was able to dominate the top half of Dig's jungle because their team comp had been designed for success in counterjungling. They chose champions that could push Mid and Top early, giving TOO the support he needed to eat Skarner's jungle. This also had the effect of losing Regi farm (he was pushed up and in the jungle, supporting TOO, rather than making sure to hit all of his CS), but TSM thought the tradeoff was worth it.

My point is, jungle is a team effort. It's the same way when Curse decides to let Saint farm and take cs while their carries roam, etc. And you could tell in game 2 (I think?) of the 3rd place match, when Saint had 3x the farm of Alistar. In straight up fights, the difference was clear, and Curse was able to win. If they'd been a bit more patient and found a good engage, the difference would have been huge. As it was, none of them could ever get close enough to 2xLift, so it didn't really matter.

Regardless, going into Worlds, I think TSM is looking good. They've shown they can do aggressive counter jungling a la M5. They've shown they can aggressively push and take towers a la Blaze. If you're a TSM fan, you should be worried about something completely out of left field that they've never seen before, because for pretty much everything else, it seems like they're ready/prepared.
like a school bus through a bunch of kids
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 15:20:13
September 03 2012 15:19 GMT
#5982
OddOne is more of a support jungler while Diamondprox is like a killer on wheels, they're style are very different. I never see OddOne carry his team, no matter what champion he picks. It doesn't mean he is weaker than diamond, but just completly different (even in his pick, I rarely see OddOne taking the likes of Lee Sin or Udyr in tourney and when he does use a jungler who can carry as shyvana, he doesn't use her to farm or to gank but to counter jungle and play objectives agressively).

Also the post above me is spot on.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 15:34:42
September 03 2012 15:34 GMT
#5983
On September 04 2012 00:19 WhiteDog wrote:
OddOne is more of a support jungler while Diamondprox is like a killer on wheels, they're style are very different. I never see OddOne carry his team, no matter what champion he picks. It doesn't mean he is weaker than diamond, but just completly different (even in his pick, I rarely see OddOne taking the likes of Lee Sin or Udyr in tourney and when he does use a jungler who can carry as shyvana, he doesn't use her to farm or to gank but to counter jungle and play objectives agressively).

Also the post above me is spot on.

If TOO gets Noctune, things can get ugly.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
September 03 2012 15:44 GMT
#5984
On September 04 2012 00:01 GeorgeForeman wrote:
My point is, jungle is a team effort. It's the same way when Curse decides to let Saint farm and take cs while their carries roam, etc. And you could tell in game 2 (I think?) of the 3rd place match, when Saint had 3x the farm of Alistar. In straight up fights, the difference was clear, and Curse was able to win. If they'd been a bit more patient and found a good engage, the difference would have been huge. As it was, none of them could ever get close enough to 2xLift, so it didn't really matter.

Jungle is a team effort yes. You need players who understand how important the jungle is for sure and back up the jungler.
But the decisions and the calls come from the jungler.
When you're playing a lane you have so much to focus on you can't really be thinking about buff timers and where the other jungler is. That's why having a smart jungler is so important. Regi these days gets pretty much told what he should play and that stops him from making dumb decisions of the past. He still has enormous skill just in other areas.

Just look at the Korean teams too. Azubu Blaze are the same. If you took out their mid and replaced it with Scarra they'd still win. Replace Helios with Hotshot and see how much they can win then ^^
tldr: Imo junglers are making the most difference at high level. Despite Mids always getting the attention.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 16:00:09
September 03 2012 15:59 GMT
#5985
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
September 03 2012 16:18 GMT
#5986
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 18:31:08
September 03 2012 18:31 GMT
#5987
Are there recommended games?
Bronze player stuck in platinum
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 19:05:26
September 03 2012 18:36 GMT
#5988
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
September 03 2012 18:39 GMT
#5989
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 03 2012 18:53 GMT
#5990
On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.

Because acting like an idiot and smacking your bare head WITH YOUR HELMET is so "professional." People are taking away from game antics too seriously.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
September 03 2012 19:15 GMT
#5991
rofl you just reminded me of the time Gus Ferotte headbutted the goalpost for a touchdown celebration and knocked himself out, and had to sit out the next 4 games lolol
Carrilord has arrived.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 03 2012 19:38 GMT
#5992
On September 04 2012 04:15 Slusher wrote:
rofl you just reminded me of the time Gus Ferotte headbutted the goalpost for a touchdown celebration and knocked himself out, and had to sit out the next 4 games lolol

I forgot to mention the guy split his forehead open and had to get stitches.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
September 03 2012 19:45 GMT
#5993
On September 04 2012 03:31 Nos- wrote:
Are there recommended games?


Dignitas vs CLG in semis were very good games to watch
ibreakurface
Profile Joined June 2010
United States664 Posts
September 03 2012 21:15 GMT
#5994
On September 04 2012 03:36 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.


I absolutely loathe it when TSM trash talks other teams, not only do they put down the other team but they also put down the fans of said team. You shouldn't belittle people in any situation I think, even if it's to psych them out or pump up your fans. Also, it sets an example and the LoL community is already full of a bunch of BM people which I'm actually embarrassed to be a part of. The amount of "smd"'s and "shutupfag"'s I get after saying GL HF is disheartening. Treat others well.
:) I play zerg. FOX AND KT ROLSTER COASTER FAN! Because I love everyone. Except bisu.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-03 21:56:31
September 03 2012 21:54 GMT
#5995
On September 04 2012 06:15 ibreakurface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 03:36 JBright wrote:
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.


I absolutely loathe it when TSM trash talks other teams, not only do they put down the other team but they also put down the fans of said team. You shouldn't belittle people in any situation I think, even if it's to psych them out or pump up your fans. Also, it sets an example and the LoL community is already full of a bunch of BM people which I'm actually embarrassed to be a part of. The amount of "smd"'s and "shutupfag"'s I get after saying GL HF is disheartening. Treat others well.


I'm ok with LoL players and teams talk shit about other players and teams. Some of the most exciting moments at PAX was the build up of particular matches because players shit talked another player or team in pre-game interviews.

I fucking hated how proper and polite most Brood War pros were. That shit's boring. If there were more players like Doublelift, Reginald, IWillDominate, and others who aren't afraid to shit talk a particular player or team the scene and matches would be way more exciting than it already is. It's a big part of the reason why I personally believe that LoL is a much better eSport to follow than any of the other big ones. (edit: I agree that BMers in regular pub play is annoying but you just have to ignore them, the pro LoL scene would be a lot more boring without all of the smack talk imo)

Being there in person was pretty cool. I have a lot more respect for Curse considering they were the only team I saw outside of the main LoL area. Maybe I'm just bad but I didn't see like anyone but Curse out on the street and at other booths and stuff. Saintvicious is actually a pretty cool guy irl too. I think in season 3 Curse will likely be my new favorite team after this event.
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
September 03 2012 22:55 GMT
#5996
On September 04 2012 06:15 ibreakurface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 03:36 JBright wrote:
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.


I absolutely loathe it when TSM trash talks other teams, not only do they put down the other team but they also put down the fans of said team. You shouldn't belittle people in any situation I think, even if it's to psych them out or pump up your fans. Also, it sets an example and the LoL community is already full of a bunch of BM people which I'm actually embarrassed to be a part of. The amount of "smd"'s and "shutupfag"'s I get after saying GL HF is disheartening. Treat others well.

dig and clg and curse all trash talked tsm just as much as tsm trash talked them
posting on liquid sites in current year
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
September 03 2012 23:04 GMT
#5997
On September 04 2012 07:55 SpiritoftheTunA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 06:15 ibreakurface wrote:
On September 04 2012 03:36 JBright wrote:
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.


I absolutely loathe it when TSM trash talks other teams, not only do they put down the other team but they also put down the fans of said team. You shouldn't belittle people in any situation I think, even if it's to psych them out or pump up your fans. Also, it sets an example and the LoL community is already full of a bunch of BM people which I'm actually embarrassed to be a part of. The amount of "smd"'s and "shutupfag"'s I get after saying GL HF is disheartening. Treat others well.

dig and clg and curse all trash talked tsm just as much as tsm trash talked them


ya ~.~ double standards op
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
September 03 2012 23:26 GMT
#5998
On September 04 2012 06:15 ibreakurface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 03:36 JBright wrote:
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.


I absolutely loathe it when TSM trash talks other teams, not only do they put down the other team but they also put down the fans of said team. You shouldn't belittle people in any situation I think, even if it's to psych them out or pump up your fans. Also, it sets an example and the LoL community is already full of a bunch of BM people which I'm actually embarrassed to be a part of. The amount of "smd"'s and "shutupfag"'s I get after saying GL HF is disheartening. Treat others well.


Every single sport has this. Look at the ESPN boards sometimes to see what kind of crap is spewed there by fans. Players also have been known to do pretty asshole/douchy/arrogant things plenty of times. I really don't know why video games should be held to standards above sports.
Never Knows Best.
maliceee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States634 Posts
September 04 2012 00:17 GMT
#5999
On September 04 2012 08:26 Slaughter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 06:15 ibreakurface wrote:
On September 04 2012 03:36 JBright wrote:
On September 04 2012 01:18 JackDino wrote:
On September 04 2012 00:59 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
If you see TSM as immature and douchey, (which I certainly do not) it should impress you even more that their coordination is so in sync. However immature you think they are, the exemplify teamwork and are all very close, which is much better than "professional" teams.

And also! We shouldn't model our etiquette standards after current standards of etiquette, because these are completely different atmospheres than MLB, WWE, NFl, etc. League of Legends is OUR game, not theirs, and we don't want to make it grow by joining most people, we want it to grow by most people joining US. THAT is why I think TSM is so awesome.

Yeah, we want dyrus sleeping on his dumb pillow on stage, but pls no aram.


That's just the difference between how players behave on and off the field. You expect professionalism while on the field and you hope for professionalism off the field. How much a player can get away with off the field depend on their level of charisma. If you were watching TI 2, you might remember the interview with Puppey and Dendi done by Purge. Dendi was just standing there staring at the camera. Is that professional? Of course not, but he had a teammate there to answer the questions and people just love Dendi in general because of his skill and personality.

On September 04 2012 03:39 JackDino wrote:
Staring at a camera and acting like a moron stage are definitely the same thing. I'm sure when there's a football match and the players are entering the field the one guy coming in with a pillow and taking a nap is being professional.


Like I said, Dendi's situation was saved by the fact that Puppey was there to answer the questions. If he did that without his teammate, I would consider staring at the camera and not answering an interviewer's questions worse than acting out some trash talk. Note: I don't think Dendi would have tried to pull that off if it was a solo interview so it's just hypothetical.


I absolutely loathe it when TSM trash talks other teams, not only do they put down the other team but they also put down the fans of said team. You shouldn't belittle people in any situation I think, even if it's to psych them out or pump up your fans. Also, it sets an example and the LoL community is already full of a bunch of BM people which I'm actually embarrassed to be a part of. The amount of "smd"'s and "shutupfag"'s I get after saying GL HF is disheartening. Treat others well.


Every single sport has this. Look at the ESPN boards sometimes to see what kind of crap is spewed there by fans. Players also have been known to do pretty asshole/douchy/arrogant things plenty of times. I really don't know why video games should be held to standards above sports.


The difference is they do it even after they win. It's immature and just looks bad. Every other team can talk shit all day but once they win they're classy. Case in point- HSGG after they beat curse was sympathetic to SV after all the shit between them. Regi, on the other hand, talks shit on the victory stage? what a joke, I hope they get stomped soon.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 04 2012 00:22 GMT
#6000
I don't know about you guys but the trash talk before every game seem to be planned bits to hype up the games
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 302 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 205
ByuN 39
SHIN 11
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10302
Britney 6847
Rain 3250
soO 674
Stork 440
BeSt 367
Soulkey 350
Soma 306
Rush 265
firebathero 251
[ Show more ]
Barracks 115
FanTaSy 112
Shinee 56
Mind 55
Bisu 55
Sexy 47
Killer 36
Sharp 27
HiyA 24
Shine 20
hero 19
sorry 16
Sacsri 15
Terrorterran 15
Hm[arnc] 14
yabsab 14
Last 11
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5341
League of Legends
JimRising 423
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1332
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV268
League of Legends
• Jankos2893
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 53m
OSC
12h 53m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.