• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:55
CEST 22:55
KST 05:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7027 users

[PAX] PAX Prime (NA Regionals) - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 300 301 302 Next
In bold, please post any uStream feedback you have. Include your country and browser
I'll be relaying intel back to Riot.

Much thanks.

- Neo, 11:37 30.08

Day 1 Data
Day 2 Data
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 29 2012 16:37 GMT
#61
I actually really like Jatt as a caster. He's really knowledgable from playing at the pro level while being fun to listen to.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
August 29 2012 16:46 GMT
#62
On August 30 2012 01:37 sylverfyre wrote:
I actually really like Jatt as a caster. He's really knowledgable from playing at the pro level while being fun to listen to.


He's no Joe "JustCallMeJoeFfs" MillerMiller though :p

Anyhow, really hoping TSM will pull through
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 16:58:17
August 29 2012 16:56 GMT
#63
Jatt is indeed very good, Jaws is still a bit awkward but he'll get better prolly as he gains more exp.

so excited for this especially since it has great hours for eu lol and it''s still vacation haha, I love my life.

edit: Not gonna lie though, although Im excited for this, I still think that whatever NA team qualifies is gonna get smacked at s2 finals by clg.eu/M5 and the koreans and that's only 5% of my euro/korean bias speaking and 95% of objectively watching ALOT of LoL during the last couple of months.
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
August 29 2012 17:18 GMT
#64
On August 30 2012 01:56 AsnSensation wrote:
Jatt is indeed very good, Jaws is still a bit awkward but he'll get better prolly as he gains more exp.

so excited for this especially since it has great hours for eu lol and it''s still vacation haha, I love my life.

edit: Not gonna lie though, although Im excited for this, I still think that whatever NA team qualifies is gonna get smacked at s2 finals by clg.eu/M5 and the koreans and that's only 5% of my euro/korean bias speaking and 95% of objectively watching ALOT of LoL during the last couple of months.

I dunno about CLGEU... They lost to SK and TSM beat them the last time they faced each other.

I think M5 is the only team that every NA team should really fear atm.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
August 29 2012 17:20 GMT
#65
On August 30 2012 00:51 Gaslo wrote:
I hate this system, where losing one set can force you out of the tournament. Would suck if we don't see a top team in the finals because they play one set badly.


You've had all season to get a good seed. Only way you can possibly be eliminated with no chance at making finals would be to lose two games to an inferior team in first round. Once you make it to semis you essentially have a 75% chance of making it to the S2 finals.

There'd be no point in doing double elim or group stages when you've been earning points for seeding for over a year.
GeorgeForeman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States1746 Posts
August 29 2012 17:29 GMT
#66
IMO the scariest first round matchups for the four favorites are mMe and TD. EVO just doesn't scare me right now, and I think the other teams have more upset potential than Legion.

That said, I'm not looking for too many surprises in this tournament.

TSM
CLG
Dig
like a school bus through a bunch of kids
IceSin
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada81 Posts
August 29 2012 17:40 GMT
#67
On August 29 2012 12:55 Node wrote:
So I live in Seattle. The only way to go to this is to have PAX Prime tickets, correct? 'cause no way am I paying for aftermarket PAX tickets. (plus, I gotta work on Friday and Saturday. ugh)


http://www.facebook.com/leagueoflegends/app_121677374624060

You can request a ticket on the LoL Facebook page. You would only to be able to visit the LoL tournament area at PAX though. (Floor 6)

Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
August 29 2012 17:40 GMT
#68
True, double elim goes against the circuit points system. But the circuit points system is pretty shitty imo. I would far rather do away with circuit points just to have dbl elim tournies (or at least replace them).
socommaster123
Profile Joined May 2010
United States578 Posts
August 29 2012 17:41 GMT
#69
I agree TSM and Dig do not have easy BO3 matches in the first round. In fact I see TD doing some unusual things to try to beat dig again such as maybe zion going nidalee and push like crazy.
Idra White Ra Sheth DRG SaSe Thorzain GOGO!
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 17:45:20
August 29 2012 17:44 GMT
#70
it actually gives more meaning to all the tournaments year round, as opposed to being the only tournament that matters because of it's 100x as big prize pool.

and double elim sundays suck balls for the viewers.
Carrilord has arrived.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
August 29 2012 17:50 GMT
#71
I also feel like if CLG can't beat Legion or if TSM can't beat mMe Ferus in a bo3 I don't see why they are deemed worthy to play the absolute best teams in the world. If these teams are going to drop a bo3 against mediocre NA teams they're going to get owned in round 1 in October.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
August 29 2012 18:03 GMT
#72
On August 30 2012 02:44 Slusher wrote:
it actually gives more meaning to all the tournaments year round, as opposed to being the only tournament that matters because of it's 100x as big prize pool.

and double elim sundays suck balls for the viewers.


I think circuit points could work well, but when they were implemented the scene was still too new, and I think it stifled opportunities to some degree.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 18:07:27
August 29 2012 18:06 GMT
#73
On August 30 2012 02:50 overt wrote:
I also feel like if CLG can't beat Legion or if TSM can't beat mMe Ferus in a bo3 I don't see why they are deemed worthy to play the absolute best teams in the world. If these teams are going to drop a bo3 against mediocre NA teams they're going to get owned in round 1 in October.

I feel like dbl elim is more about MME or LGN or TD getting a better shot. Matched up against the best team in NA? Sucks to be you. I mean who knows, just because you lose in the first round to the eventual winner doesn't mean you couldn't also beat everyone else in the competition.

I'm not saying that I think MME would do so, in fact crs dig tsm clg prob the best 4 teams there, so the brackets are ok. I just like the idea of dbl elim so much better.

edit: Like anything is better than single elim from the start. Pool play into single elim at least lets teams face more ppl to show where they fit in the whole scheme of things.
misirlou
Profile Joined June 2010
Portugal3317 Posts
August 29 2012 18:22 GMT
#74
On August 30 2012 01:33 NeoIllusions wrote:
Jaws is still relatively new, but Jatt is quite gud. Don't know why you're unhappy with the lineup.

As for Deman, he's out of vacation days. He'd like to be at PAX but shoutcasting for him is still just a hobby.


Too bad, duno how they gave the job to phreak (wich i hate with my guts) and not to deman. Also have not seen zenon in a while but havent watched a lot of tours during vacation. I really loved him, much better than any1 else last time i saw him.
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
August 29 2012 18:32 GMT
#75
On August 30 2012 03:22 misirlou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 01:33 NeoIllusions wrote:
Jaws is still relatively new, but Jatt is quite gud. Don't know why you're unhappy with the lineup.

As for Deman, he's out of vacation days. He'd like to be at PAX but shoutcasting for him is still just a hobby.


Too bad, duno how they gave the job to phreak (wich i hate with my guts) and not to deman. Also have not seen zenon in a while but havent watched a lot of tours during vacation. I really loved him, much better than any1 else last time i saw him.


I also like Zenon but I don't remember him casting a NA tournament in 2012.

Deman has been working a lot the last month (Poland, MLG Arena/Championship) so it's good to give him some time off. The travel takes a toll on the body.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
August 29 2012 18:53 GMT
#76
On August 30 2012 02:18 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 01:56 AsnSensation wrote:
Jatt is indeed very good, Jaws is still a bit awkward but he'll get better prolly as he gains more exp.

so excited for this especially since it has great hours for eu lol and it''s still vacation haha, I love my life.

edit: Not gonna lie though, although Im excited for this, I still think that whatever NA team qualifies is gonna get smacked at s2 finals by clg.eu/M5 and the koreans and that's only 5% of my euro/korean bias speaking and 95% of objectively watching ALOT of LoL during the last couple of months.

I dunno about CLGEU... They lost to SK and TSM beat them the last time they faced each other.

I think M5 is the only team that every NA team should really fear atm.


CLG eu loseing to SK was a fluke imo. CLg just played really really bad for some reason that series make silly mistakes that they usually don't. I've don't think the finals of the eu regionals would have been such a stomp if it was clg vs m5 instead of Sk.
Snitches get stiches
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
August 29 2012 18:56 GMT
#77
On August 30 2012 03:53 FryktSkyene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 02:18 triangle wrote:
On August 30 2012 01:56 AsnSensation wrote:
Jatt is indeed very good, Jaws is still a bit awkward but he'll get better prolly as he gains more exp.

so excited for this especially since it has great hours for eu lol and it''s still vacation haha, I love my life.

edit: Not gonna lie though, although Im excited for this, I still think that whatever NA team qualifies is gonna get smacked at s2 finals by clg.eu/M5 and the koreans and that's only 5% of my euro/korean bias speaking and 95% of objectively watching ALOT of LoL during the last couple of months.

I dunno about CLGEU... They lost to SK and TSM beat them the last time they faced each other.

I think M5 is the only team that every NA team should really fear atm.


CLG eu loseing to SK was a fluke imo. CLg just played really really bad for some reason that series make silly mistakes that they usually don't. I've don't think the finals of the eu regionals would have been such a stomp if it was clg vs m5 instead of Sk.


To give credit where it's due, SK did play extremely well that day. But it's undeniable that CLG.eu had some problems, especially with Froggen.

Hopefully they're back in shape for S2 though because I'd say they're definitely a contender for top3 at least.
derp
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 29 2012 19:40 GMT
#78
On August 30 2012 03:03 Dgiese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 02:44 Slusher wrote:
it actually gives more meaning to all the tournaments year round, as opposed to being the only tournament that matters because of it's 100x as big prize pool.

and double elim sundays suck balls for the viewers.


I think circuit points could work well, but when they were implemented the scene was still too new, and I think it stifled opportunities to some degree.


I think this is true in the sense that TD would be MINIMUM 4th seed if they had existed on jan 1st (they haven't finished under 4th in a major with nintendude)

but if you think any other team can crack into the top 3 you are kidding yourself.
Carrilord has arrived.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 29 2012 20:23 GMT
#79
On August 30 2012 03:06 Dgiese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 02:50 overt wrote:
I also feel like if CLG can't beat Legion or if TSM can't beat mMe Ferus in a bo3 I don't see why they are deemed worthy to play the absolute best teams in the world. If these teams are going to drop a bo3 against mediocre NA teams they're going to get owned in round 1 in October.

I feel like dbl elim is more about MME or LGN or TD getting a better shot. Matched up against the best team in NA? Sucks to be you. I mean who knows, just because you lose in the first round to the eventual winner doesn't mean you couldn't also beat everyone else in the competition.

I'm not saying that I think MME would do so, in fact crs dig tsm clg prob the best 4 teams there, so the brackets are ok. I just like the idea of dbl elim so much better.

edit: Like anything is better than single elim from the start. Pool play into single elim at least lets teams face more ppl to show where they fit in the whole scheme of things.

I don't really like double elim, I'd have preferred an OSL-style
(5 matchups - seed1vseed4 | seed2vseed3 -> winner vs winner | loser vs loser | the 2 teams that are 1-1 play each other)
or round robin style (less preferred) setup for the first round. It gives us a few more matchups, so you get to see more than just "o well, flash / tsm crushed soandso and now they're out." It also gives a chance for someone who otherwise plays say, TSM first to squeeze through and potentially still get 2nd place.
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
August 29 2012 20:45 GMT
#80
On August 30 2012 03:53 FryktSkyene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 02:18 triangle wrote:
On August 30 2012 01:56 AsnSensation wrote:
Jatt is indeed very good, Jaws is still a bit awkward but he'll get better prolly as he gains more exp.

so excited for this especially since it has great hours for eu lol and it''s still vacation haha, I love my life.

edit: Not gonna lie though, although Im excited for this, I still think that whatever NA team qualifies is gonna get smacked at s2 finals by clg.eu/M5 and the koreans and that's only 5% of my euro/korean bias speaking and 95% of objectively watching ALOT of LoL during the last couple of months.

I dunno about CLGEU... They lost to SK and TSM beat them the last time they faced each other.

I think M5 is the only team that every NA team should really fear atm.


CLG eu loseing to SK was a fluke imo. CLg just played really really bad for some reason that series make silly mistakes that they usually don't. I've don't think the finals of the eu regionals would have been such a stomp if it was clg vs m5 instead of Sk.

Yellowpete talks in this vlog about it: CLG yellowpete post-gamescom vlog
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 300 301 302 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 584
ZZZero.O 160
soO 57
Hyun 49
Dota 2
qojqva2443
League of Legends
Doublelift2013
Counter-Strike
fl0m4113
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4216
Liquid`Hasu652
Other Games
summit1g6724
FrodaN1415
KnowMe346
ToD296
Pyrionflax189
420jenkins187
Livibee186
QueenE105
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick791
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1997
Other Games
• imaqtpie890
• Shiphtur582
• Scarra368
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 6m
Patches Events
18h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.