• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8044 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 16:01:25
February 13 2012 14:16 GMT
#61
On February 13 2012 23:08 Xedat wrote:
One quick question, does the bonus magic damage from E benefit from spell vamp or life steal?


it procs rylais iirc, so presumably spellvamp.

edit: proof

v1.0.0.103 - 2010-10-18

Rupture cooldown reduced to 9 from 10
Rupture mana cost changed to 90 at all levels from 80/90/100/110/120
Vorpal Spikes is now classified as an area of effect spell for the sake of items like Rylai's Scepter or Hextech Revolver
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
February 13 2012 15:05 GMT
#62
On February 13 2012 23:16 barbsq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:08 Xedat wrote:
One quick question, does the bonus magic damage from E benefit from spell vamp or life steal?


it procs rylais iirc, so presumably spellvamp.


Confirming that it procs Rylai's.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 17:20:37
February 13 2012 17:20 GMT
#63
The only spells in the game that proc lifesteal are ones that proc on hit effects. E.G. Ez Q, GP Q, Shyvana Q, Twitch ultimate (the latter two being the only on hit AoEs), dunno if I forgot any others. All of Cho's spells work with spellvamp instead but there are auto attack magic skills which don't proc either life steal or spell vamp, like Kog/Teemo/Fizz Ws. Cho luckily escapes that.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
March 10 2012 20:54 GMT
#64
in a ranked arranged 5 setting, is cho supposed to have kill potential in lane with the exception of your jungler ganking? I just bought cho and after about 10 games i feel that he's better off philo+hog and just farm with tp as opposed to going for a kill with ignite. I'm seeing that he may as well just harass and force the opponent to go back while he farms all day. it's just too hard to go for the kill against decent players.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
March 10 2012 21:20 GMT
#65
regardless of ur summoner u have big burst at 6 (with a good true damage portion), ignite ofc makes this stronger but with a jungler gank you should be a kill threat at any point in the game with ur cc and decent damage
Hey! Listen!
xiaoW
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands284 Posts
March 12 2012 01:15 GMT
#66
so I have been playing Cho.. I wanted to get some feedback on wether or not I am doing it right.

TP/Flash - 9/21/0
I max R>W>E>Q, on level 1 get Q
I will go tabi/mercs + cata/glacial shroud + wits end and then finish Banshee or FH depending on the enemy team.

My main concern is the runes:
armorquints or AP quints?
Atkspd or mpen reds?
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
March 12 2012 06:17 GMT
#67
It really depends heavily on the matchup. There are times when you will want to run even something as strange as a full armor page against certain laners because you can shut them down so hard by doing so. I'm not a huge wit's end fan, but Hotshot does it and he's a really strong player so I suggest you follow his lead. Again, it depends what your role is on the team. If you're the main tank I think you really want FH/FoN as your core... Banshees is very situational on Cho because you actually want them to use cc on you and you're so big that most skillshots will hit you anyway, unlike an ad or ap who can weave in and out. As far as runes go, do whatever you want. Mpen always helps, but late game I think the aspd is stronger because you're gonna be autoattacking towers quite a bit.

Of course all of this is standard top cho, for jungle it's obviously aspd and for mid you go full Mpen/ap or some janky Mpen/mp5/mr setup. I don't feel like top cho is quite as strong anymore, but if you're not super high elo it really shouldn't matter because it's so fun.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
March 12 2012 06:21 GMT
#68
When I get my computer fixed I'm gonna play shit tons of games with Cho to get back into my groove and I will have this updated when I figure out the next trends. Hotshot did tabi + the philo item in iem, but hotshot also fucked up and lost the game looooooooool.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
March 12 2012 11:33 GMT
#69
On March 12 2012 15:21 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
When I get my computer fixed I'm gonna play shit tons of games with Cho to get back into my groove and I will have this updated when I figure out the next trends. Hotshot did tabi + the philo item in iem, but hotshot also fucked up and lost the game looooooooool.

The game he chose to do that really confused me though. Tabi + Philo item vs a double AP kennen-vlad comp? I forget who M5's carry was, but with that much sustained magic damage and Ashe as the AD carry, I don't understand the tabi choice. I could see it being the right choice a lot more than it's currently played, though.
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
March 12 2012 13:52 GMT
#70
okay, i really need to watch some high level cho gaths. i always end up farming the entire game. as an irelia player, i'm used to farming up till level 11ish (usually) and become godmode and literally drop my opponent. i just can't figure out cho's window of opportunities and end up playing safely as i do with almost every champ i'm not familiar with. i've seen some of hotshot's cho, he seems to be playing cho really passively, just as i have been doing. i have a 1700 elo friend who can beat rumble (and other fairly hard laners) in lane by himself, so i'm guessing there are different ways to play him. suggestions?
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
March 14 2012 08:19 GMT
#71
Cho's window of opportunity is the time of the game where he has either 2 medium items like glacial shroud + wit's end or his first big item such as RoA and some small components. Usually it's around level 10-16, where he's outleveling everyone and has taken his tower in lane or dropped it to secure a dragon and rally his team for a mid or bot tower. If you're mid lane, very few AP champs will be able to beat you with the right rune page, but mid lane is basically all about who gets better ganks. Cho can kill people straight up in mid, though, because rupture dunks fools who can't dodge. Turning games into farm wars with Cho is a good and bad thing. On one hand, when you hit your peak effectiveness, you'll hit it very early in the game, like 30-40 mins. On the other hand, if the game goes to 50-60 mins, you're going to lose to champs like Irelia, Tristana, Gangplank, Tryndamere, etc., because when you die as Cho late game the stack loss actually hurts.

Basically the trick to beating players in lane is knowing how much harass you can take in what form from certain champs and how the gank will come and being prepared for it when it does. Having the correct runepage and masteries helps, and Chogath is only as strong as your ability to hit rupture. Practice rupture placement. Every one you miss is wasting quite a bit of mana, but hitting that clutch rupture can get you kills you REALLY don't deserve.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 15:41:53
March 16 2012 15:40 GMT
#72
omg..just lost my lane to only jaximus's blitzcrank against my cho. He didn't kill me or anything (forced me out of lane and got my tower) but damn his silence and shield are like the perfect way to counter a cho. tbh I thought he was trolling, but then he did in fact chose blitz after my cho pick.

How the crap do you go against a blitzcrank? He went some 2 doran's blade, triforce, last whisper crap. boo

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
March 16 2012 15:42 GMT
#73
On March 17 2012 00:40 billy5000 wrote:
omg..just lost my lane to only jaximus's blitzcrank against my cho. He didn't kill me or anything (just got my tower) but damn his silence and shield are like the perfect way to counter a cho. tbh I thought he was trolling, but then he did in fact chose blitz after my cho pick.

How the crap do you go against a blitzcrank? He went some 2 doran's blade, triforce, last whisper crap. boo


That sounds like a 2gate into Dts into carriers lol.
Cackle™
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
March 16 2012 15:47 GMT
#74
Haha yeah. And it's so hard to dodge his pull as a 6 stack cho. WTF lol
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
March 16 2012 15:51 GMT
#75
Blitz top is secretly OP. I dunno man, it's actually really fucking hard to beat blitz top.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
March 16 2012 16:02 GMT
#76
On March 17 2012 00:51 Mogwai wrote:
Blitz top is secretly OP. I dunno man, it's actually really fucking hard to beat blitz top.


Ahha, Blitz top really fun too!
Stuck.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
March 26 2012 03:41 GMT
#77
Hello guys, I've just played quite a bit of jungle Cho games, so let me dump some thoughts in here.
Starting boots +3 in jungle seems the best. Masteries 0/21/9 are pretty obvious.
I usually start wolves, golem etc. It is pretty fast (something like 3:40 lvl 4 I think?) but really tight and can't gank inbetween really. Maybe some better route?
First item is either boots2 or HoG, if I get a kill/assist early and feel like ganking, I get oracles on my first back. Seems pretty good, you shouldn't be dying any time soon anyways.
I didn't try madreds, but I don't see for what purpose I would get them; I jungle just fast enough to kill all creeps and have 10-20 sec inbetween every round to do something, except for the ones when buffs are up.
My first big item is usually FoN or Frozen Heart, any reason to get other items first?
My build usually looks like 2 big tanky items (like FoN and FH) into Wit's End and Rageblade, these really up the deeps. Maybe Rylais makes more sense? But 15% slow isn't anything fantastic, barely noticeable tbh.
I'd say best positioning in teamfights is either on top of your carries or between their carry-divers and yours. Maybe if I stay on top of carries, I can get 1 less tank item and get wit's end and GRB sooner? But then your team diver dies faster.
Is flash better than ghost? I've been using ghost, but some people have been laughing at me (I'm looking at you Slayer) for using ghost on everyone. Flash would allow me to feast anyone and jump over walls, then again I usually feast their team diver anyway.

Any comments on the WoT above are appreciated.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
April 02 2012 23:04 GMT
#78
So is EQEWER still the best leveling for Jungle Cho? Also is Philo pretty mandatory? I did a blind test-run jungling him last night and I felt very mana starved, but I went WEWQ so that might be part of it. Would you still build Wriggles if you went Philostone?
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
April 03 2012 02:46 GMT
#79
i never jungle cho but wriggles sounds pretty bad =/
GANDHISAUCE
danana
Profile Joined March 2011
United States321 Posts
April 03 2012 06:54 GMT
#80
I don't have a ton of experience jungling cho (so please correct me if I'm saying something stupid!), but I think I'd avoid wriggles regardless of whether you get philo because it feels really redundant - he already clears fast and his health never gets low. I haven't tried going without philo but I don't think the mana regen is very necessary - maxing E first means you can clear camps fairly fast without having to use your spells. My rationale for getting it is typically for the gp5 and eventually building shurelya's more than the sustain.

Getting an early FoN doesn't sound particularly good to me unless APs are getting extremely fed. I think MR options were discussed a bit in the Maokai thread and some of that probably carries over here, but as a tank-jungler I usually find that most of the damage I take comes from AD carries rather than AP, since AD carries are the ones attacking whoever's closest whereas AP carries have more tankiness to target squishier targets and actually waste their spell cooldowns if they cast on you. So I'd tend to prefer smaller sources of MR like merc treads, aegis, wit's, and/or sitting on a negatron until after other core items are completed. But I guess cho with feast stacks gets big enough that any AoE damage is going to hit him whether it's intended for him or not, so he might value MR more than other champs filling a similar role.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft392
RuFF_SC2 180
Nina 94
-ZergGirl 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2255
Bale 20
yabsab 16
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1166
taco 341
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
Other Games
summit1g7538
JimRising 710
Day[9].tv505
C9.Mang0330
WinterStarcraft327
ViBE156
Maynarde145
Livibee144
Sick134
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick965
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv505
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 25m
Stellar Fest
9h 25m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.