• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:43
CEST 13:43
KST 20:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12512 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 5

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Strykemard
Profile Joined April 2012
168 Posts
April 12 2012 04:27 GMT
#81
On April 03 2012 11:46 De4ngus wrote:
i never jungle cho but wriggles sounds pretty bad =/


I dont think its as bad as you think it is. It definitely makes him clear jungle faster and gives reasonable sustain and free wards. It is a good enough early game buy and you can always sell it if you get to ultra late game.
NpG)Explosive
Profile Joined January 2003
France994 Posts
April 12 2012 12:51 GMT
#82
On April 12 2012 13:27 Strykemard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 11:46 De4ngus wrote:
i never jungle cho but wriggles sounds pretty bad =/


I dont think its as bad as you think it is. It definitely makes him clear jungle faster and gives reasonable sustain and free wards. It is a good enough early game buy and you can always sell it if you get to ultra late game.


Sustain is not a problem for Cho because of his passive. Even so, you do a lot of AoE magical damage with your vorpal blades which doesn't work with life steal. Buying a recurve bow feels more effective if you want to speed up your clears. Overall the arguments are the same as for phoenix udyr.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
April 12 2012 13:40 GMT
#83
Hey, I've been trying to find this information everywhere. When Cho is in brush and uses rupture, the rupture ground animation doesn't show right? This information would make or break cho gath as a jungler for me.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
April 12 2012 15:22 GMT
#84
The rupture ground animation does show up, the sound effect doesn't though.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
April 12 2012 17:36 GMT
#85
I remember in the old Cho champion topic 5HIT mentioned how Xin Zhao rapes Cho. Does this still hold true/how would you lane against him (since it's currently free Xin week lol)?
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
April 13 2012 01:25 GMT
#86
On April 13 2012 00:22 Scip wrote:
The rupture ground animation does show up, the sound effect doesn't though.

Thanks
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:33:44
April 13 2012 01:33 GMT
#87
On April 13 2012 02:36 OnceKing wrote:
I remember in the old Cho champion topic 5HIT mentioned how Xin Zhao rapes Cho. Does this still hold true/how would you lane against him (since it's currently free Xin week lol)?

Early levels I can see that happening but after Cho starts to stack some armor, ie Ninja Tabi, Glacial Shroud->Frozen Heart and some stacks on Feast, it becomes ridiculously hard for Xin Zhao to burst down
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 05:27:24
April 13 2012 05:27 GMT
#88
If I were forced to play the matchup I'd probably open a lot of dumb stuff like cloth armor lantern dorans shield(s) glacial and ninja tabi with 2 gold/10 items and play passive until ganks while maxing E in case your jungler comes and you can land something on him.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-07 10:57:39
May 07 2012 10:55 GMT
#89
Update: I've been running solo mid rush gunblade cho lately. It rapes a lot of matchups now that they buffed his movespeed and you can land w even more reliably.

9/21/0 with points in initiator and cooldown, flash/ignite

flat ap/mpen/mp5/lv/flat mr

open boots + 3 pots and qwwewr R>W>E>Q

first buy negatron if you need it, dodge boots if you need it (over chain vest because it delays your gunblade less and gives you more movespeed, always good with cho), or if you're winning just buy parts of gunblade, starting with revolver.

rush gunblade. Once you get gunblade you can pretty much solo anyone by walking towards them -> gunblade -> rupture now that they can't dodge -> scream -> feast -> auto-chase with ignite at any point and most champs can't stop it. Either go tanky now or if you're still wrecking everything start making triforce or PD. Sounds troll but it's actually really freaking legit.

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
May 07 2012 12:46 GMT
#90
What is your opinion on an semi AP semi Tank cho? with the 21/0/9 and frozen heart, ROA, and Deathcap, WOTA, and merc treads?
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 08 2012 08:18 GMT
#91
21/0/9 never, RoA -> FH with mercs is pretty standard on a 9/21/0, WOTA is weak on cho, especially after the nerf, Deathcap is strong but you don't have the AP to justify it and you'd rather have Rylais, especially in a tank build, but honestly build whatever you want because you're cho and the only thing that matters is your rupture hit rate.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 08 2012 08:20 GMT
#92
Although it's worth noting that dodge boots are just as good as treads after the remake.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
May 08 2012 08:25 GMT
#93
is that still W > Q > E
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 08 2012 09:07 GMT
#94
I think I maintain now that rupture should be maxed last, so standard is QWWEWR R>W>E>Q
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ishboh
Profile Joined October 2010
United States954 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 12:48:07
May 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#95
On May 08 2012 17:18 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
21/0/9 never, RoA -> FH with mercs is pretty standard on a 9/21/0, WOTA is weak on cho, especially after the nerf, Deathcap is strong but you don't have the AP to justify it and you'd rather have Rylais, especially in a tank build, but honestly build whatever you want because you're cho and the only thing that matters is your rupture hit rate.

this sounds pretty much right.
I always build RoA into Frozen heart, like ALWAYS. I usually pick up an abyssal scepter instead of rylais though.

I personally always max Q first, but thats because I usually try jungling and most players don't expect the rupture as much as somone that you are laning against and therefore they don't dodge it well.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 08 2012 18:46 GMT
#96
On May 08 2012 21:39 ishboh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 17:18 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
21/0/9 never, RoA -> FH with mercs is pretty standard on a 9/21/0, WOTA is weak on cho, especially after the nerf, Deathcap is strong but you don't have the AP to justify it and you'd rather have Rylais, especially in a tank build, but honestly build whatever you want because you're cho and the only thing that matters is your rupture hit rate.

this sounds pretty much right.
I always build RoA into Frozen heart, like ALWAYS. I usually pick up an abyssal scepter instead of rylais though.

I personally always max Q first, but thats because I usually try jungling and most players don't expect the rupture as much as somone that you are laning against and therefore they don't dodge it well.

I don't get Rod if I'm going Rylais usually, the game doesn't last long enough. I think that even in the jungle, maxing R>E>W>Q is best because if they don't dodge the rupture, you're going to gapclose on them and apply red buff anyway so the extra auto damage you get off of spines will be easily enough to output more dps than a flat extra bit of burst on rupture. Do what you want, though .
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 08 2012 19:59 GMT
#97
This one time last night I hit Rupture -> Scream -> Feast. I think it was the first time I've ever done that. It was awesome. I still don't think I'll be playing much Cho though, I find it so hard to be useful with him somehow =X.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
May 08 2012 20:28 GMT
#98
AP cho is so hit or miss. If you miss your Q there goes half of your damage output. I feel bruiser chogath is so much stronger. I've never thought about hextech on chogath, theoretically should be pretty good on him, but some concerns is the cost effectiveness vs the stats it offers.... I think chogath should just be built bruiser, since he can pretty much avoid building frozenmallet (due to his huge health bonus from his ulti again, but you can build it just to be super beast). With items like atma's, wrig's, wits end, hexdrinker, bloodrazer, offer damage + defensive statas, chogath becomes a tank and a huge damage threat.
liftlift > tsm
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 08 2012 20:32 GMT
#99
On May 09 2012 05:28 wei2coolman wrote:
AP cho is so hit or miss. If you miss your Q there goes half of your damage output. I feel bruiser chogath is so much stronger. I've never thought about hextech on chogath, theoretically should be pretty good on him, but some concerns is the cost effectiveness vs the stats it offers.... I think chogath should just be built bruiser, since he can pretty much avoid building frozenmallet (due to his huge health bonus from his ulti again, but you can build it just to be super beast). With items like atma's, wrig's, wits end, hexdrinker, bloodrazer, offer damage + defensive statas, chogath becomes a tank and a huge damage threat.

I like the super generic builds that go double gold/10 -> mercs -> FH + Reverie + Wit's. Not needing HP = rush Frozen Heart to me. Like, seriously, every time I think that on a character I'm just like, "ok, I'ma get FH then."
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 21:03:28
May 08 2012 20:58 GMT
#100
Cho is definitely one of my favorite top laners. I tend to go boots+3 into either Glacial Shroud > Frozen Heart or Boots+3 > Witt's End as my first items depending on my lane matchup. I guess I don't see the point in rushing RoA because you don't need the health or mana especially if you keep your feast stacks up and know how to last hit. The ability power is nice but also isn't needed. Cho with a witt's is pretty damn scary especially if you get your E maxed.

R > W > E > Q but you get 1 point in Q early for ganks.

My core items for Cho are Merc/Ninja, Witts, Frozen Heart & Abyssal Scepter.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings110
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko270
ProTech127
SHIN 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25735
Hyuk 1277
Shuttle 1102
Bisu 1064
Mind 867
Larva 317
firebathero 272
Mini 264
Soma 189
EffOrt 170
[ Show more ]
Last 133
Leta 123
ZerO 91
Zeus 79
Pusan 76
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 56
sorry 38
PianO 36
Sexy 36
Killer 33
Bale 29
Trap 28
Aegong 27
ToSsGirL 27
hero 23
yabsab 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi943
XcaliburYe606
XaKoH 370
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1527
Other Games
gofns35237
singsing2431
B2W.Neo824
crisheroes281
Happy198
DeMusliM178
OGKoka 167
Mew2King119
Livibee100
ArmadaUGS64
ZerO(Twitch)6
ToD4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8132
League of Legends
• Jankos1688
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 17m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.